CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

Okay enough guys I know what I did was wrong. I get it. If dark tower wants to play the game again that's fine. I'll stay back to run the clock down.

The clock was not run back down. That's what was throwing me off when he starting trying to score right after we got it to 4-0 in the first. I am fine with playing one more time after I finish my second game with Flyersfan. I don't even remember when in the 3rd it was but I am fine with 4-1 at the start or the 3rd and then game on as usual.

[quote name='DarkTower80']The clock was not run back down. That's what was throwing me off when he starting trying to score right after we got it to 4-0 in the first. I am fine with playing one more time after I finish my second game with Flyersfan. I don't even remember when in the 3rd it was but I am fine with 4-1 at the start or the 3rd and then game on as usual.[/QUOTE]

Alright.

[quote name='Ninjas in a Box']Okay enough guys I know what I did was wrong. I get it. If dark tower wants to play the game again that's fine. I'll stay back to run the clock down.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DarkTower80']The clock was not run back down. That's what was throwing me off when he starting trying to score right after we got it to 4-0 in the first. I am fine with playing one more time after I finish my second game with Flyersfan. I don't even remember when in the 3rd it was but I am fine with 4-1 at the start or the 3rd and then game on as usual.[/QUOTE]

Good. Glad this can be resolved. It's definitely not the first time somebody has screwed up on CAG. Hell...it's not the first time TODAY, lol. Like I said, it's shitty on EA's part that we even have to regulate this stuff. The first game should have just given Brandon a 4-1 win...or even a 3-0 win like it does online when people drop. They make things so much harder than they need to be.

Is ShadyMarino still gonna be active in the league? Sent him a PM twice I think, and a friend request that never got responded to. I'm gonna play his CPU now, just wanted to know if anyone has heard.

[quote name='Wpark83']Is ShadyMarino still gonna be active in the league? Sent him a PM twice I think, and a friend request that never got responded to. I'm gonna play his CPU now, just wanted to know if anyone has heard.[/QUOTE]

Last I heard from Shady, he let his brother borrow the game. I would assume it's ok to play his CPU until we hear otherwise. I would try to update the OP with people who have at least stated an interest in only being a GM from here on out, but I just don't want that to lead to people playing all those games on day one or something...when maybe the person would have wanted to play if asked. I still think a general "Ask first, but if you don't hear anything by the deadline, play the CPU" policy is the best way to approach it given the circumstances.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Last I heard from Shady, he let his brother borrow the game. I would assume it's ok to play his CPU until we hear otherwise. I would try to update the OP with people who have at least stated an interest in only being a GM from here on out, but I just don't want that to lead to people playing all those games on day one or something...when maybe the person would have wanted to play if asked. I still think a general "Ask first, but if you don't hear anything by the deadline, play the CPU" policy is the best way to approach it given the circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Read your pm. Have a good night.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Last I heard from Shady, he let his brother borrow the game. I would assume it's ok to play his CPU until we hear otherwise. I would try to update the OP with people who have at least stated an interest in only being a GM from here on out, but I just don't want that to lead to people playing all those games on day one or something...when maybe the person would have wanted to play if asked. I still think a general "Ask first, but if you don't hear anything by the deadline, play the CPU" policy is the best way to approach it given the circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally agree on all fronts.

Good games Mr Hockey and Darktower last night. Very close on all accounts, Florida went to OT with a long shoutout and I split the 2 games with the Penguins. Riding a 4 game winning streak at the moment, getting Briere back really helped me, in 6 games back he has 3 goals and 3 assists.

I've also decided that after getting the win over the Penguins, snapping their 10 game winning streak ( that the announcers loved to bring up at every opportunity :) ) and getting two shutouts in his next 3 games, that Michael Leighton is taking over the starting spot from Ilya Bryzgalov for the time being. Leighton is 6-1 in 9 games played with 4 shutouts and a 0.91 GAA.

Jza, I tried to play your CPU Rangers but your roster needed to be set, hope I win that sim to keep my slim playoff push hopes alive.

[quote name='jza1218']My roster was fine yesterday when I played. The only thing I can think of is that buffalo hurt someone?[/QUOTE]

Don't you love it when that happens. Stupid game is too stupid to fix its own stupidity, lol. NHL 12 league anyone? hahaha...yeah, I'm only half joking...

Yeah apparently Callahan got hurt for a game (again, WTF, the guy's durability is 87 yet he's been hurt multiple times already).

[quote name='jza1218']My roster was fine yesterday when I played. The only thing I can think of is that buffalo hurt someone?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure nobody got hurt in our game as the announcers never said anything at least. But I guess it was possible. If I did hurt someone I'm sorry it wasn't intentional.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah apparently Callahan got hurt for a game (again, WTF, the guy's durability is 87 yet he's been hurt multiple times already).[/QUOTE]

He must have gotten hurt between games. Maybe he fell down the steps getting off the team bus. ;)

[quote name='Twick87']I'm pretty sure nobody got hurt in our game as the announcers never said anything at least. But I guess it was possible. If I did hurt someone I'm sorry it wasn't intentional.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this game is really weird sometimes. And I wasn't accusing you of that, I just phrased it wrong.

Looking at my hub (yeah been awhile) Either the AI was mad or somebody was head hunting my top players.

Bergeron, Pouliot, Stamkos, St. Louis, and Ohlund.

Every one with a concussion. All in the same game and I can't even see who I played as the cut off date is over. This just tears me up honestly.

Any chance of us advancing tonight? If we advance soon I'll stay up and play anyone who might be around, otherwise I'll bail.

Yeah, sorry. I didn't get a chance to advance us until tonight. We're advanced now though, and in my 3 games that ended up getting simmed, I lost 3 players to injury. I feel like it's a sprint to the end of the season just to see who makes it out alive.

Anyway, the deadline for this set of games will be 11/14!

Frigging Jay Bouwmeester in a home and home series with the Flames he knocked out Kesler for four games and Higgins for 39 games on two bad hits away from the plays with nothing called.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, sorry. I didn't get a chance to advance us until tonight. We're advanced now though, and in my 3 games that ended up getting simmed, I lost 3 players to injury. I feel like it's a sprint to the end of the season just to see who makes it out alive.

Anyway, the deadline for this set of games will be 11/14![/QUOTE]

Yeah in our SIMed game I lost Knuble.

Also, I have had 4 simmed games this year. 0-4

Damn it why can't EA put the app out on Android. Looks like in my simulated games no one was injured. I still have Colaiacovo out for 28 games and Pietrangelo for 4. Also it looks like I have games aginst San Jose, New York, Nashville, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Colorado. I will send out the PM some time today about times. This weekend might be a bad weekend. I should be able to play late tonight and most of tomorrow.

[quote name='ajh2298']Frigging Jay Bouwmeester in a home and home series with the Flames he knocked out Kesler for four games and Higgins for 39 games on two bad hits away from the plays with nothing called.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain :(

Yeah I can't comprehend why there isn't an android app. I have an android phone but have an iPad as my main form of getting online (posting from it now). The app is decent for seeing the schedule, standings, player/goalie stats and leaders of stats. I wish I could edit lines on there though if I'm away and someone wanted to play my CPU if I have roster issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ajh2298']Frigging Jay Bouwmeester in a home and home series with the Flames he knocked out Kesler for four games and Higgins for 39 games on two bad hits away from the plays with nothing called.[/QUOTE]

I've list four of my top six dmen for double digit games. I too share your pain.

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to quit the league. Lent my brother my copy of NHL 13 and he apparently left it at a friend's house and it's now MIA. If there is someone else who wants the Ducks, you are more then welcome to take over. Thanks.

[quote name='Panther1484']Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to quit the league. Lent my brother my copy of NHL 13 and he apparently left it at a friend's house and it's now MIA. If there is someone else who wants the Ducks, you are more then welcome to take over. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That's when I make my brother buy me a copy of NHL 13.

[quote name='sendme']Damn it why can't EA put the app out on Android.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Flyersfan']Yeah I can't comprehend why there isn't an android app. I have an android phone but have an iPad as my main form of getting online (posting from it now). The app is decent for seeing the schedule, standings, player/goalie stats and leaders of stats. I wish I could edit lines on there though if I'm away and someone wanted to play my CPU if I have roster issues.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why there even needs to be an app... just make it web based so both can access it. For example with FIFA you can manage your Ultimate Team to a T the same way you can in the game, all via the web.

That's an even better idea. I just want to be able to access it from my android with out having to use my iPod Touch. The NHL 13 app is the only reason the thing is even used anymore.

[quote name='DestroVega']I have Colorado Winnipeg Philly.

Any of you guys just hanging around today? I'll be around.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this now, I was out of town working yesterday.

Gonna be relaxing and just watching football today/tonight, I may get on after the Bears texans game.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...what did it do now?[/QUOTE]

Phantom interference call where my guy gets knocked into the boards and goes into the box.

Gaborik out for 40 games on a hit away from the play having not touched the puck.

Richards gets pinned to the boards before a pass reaches him and no call for holding.

Basically the usual. This game is a joke this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']The way they code injuries certainly is.[/QUOTE]

Injuries and penalties. Trying to play the right way is ridiculous when even the AI goons it up.

Just so you know, I was only controlling during the phantom interference which I was initially pissed about because I thought it was on me. My AI did the other two, if I'm thinking of that pinning as happening behind the net.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Just so you know, I was only controlling during the phantom interference which I was initially pissed about because I thought it was on me. My AI did the other two, if I'm thinking of that pinning as happening behind the net.[/QUOTE]

Oh I wasn't blaming you, I'm blaming the game and the horrible way in which it's programmed.

Oh I didn't think you were blaming me, just venting frustration at the game. Just wanted to apologize for my AI ;)

On a side note I haven't had a major injury in quite some time, I'm pretty sure I'm on a 9 game winning streak since I got Briere back from his 50 game injury. I'm probably due for one any game now. My last big injury was Luke schenn for 23 games and he'll be back in 3 games.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Just so you know, I was only controlling during the phantom interference which I was initially pissed about because I thought it was on me. My AI did the other two, if I'm thinking of that pinning as happening behind the net.[/QUOTE]

I think that's what he was saying...that it's the way the AI plays that makes it so bad. For me, it's mind numbingly frustrating because the disparity between how the AI plays in vs games and how they play in club games is ridiculous. There was a noticeable difference last year, but now...in vs style games, the AI just lights people up, even away from the play. They'll skate full speed into the goalie, pushing him out of the net, and there's hardly ever any interference calls (goalie or regular).

But yet, in club games, they'll just stand there, no stick checking...no body checking, and just let people go by. There was a play a week or so ago where an opposing player had a 1 on 2 "scoring chance". Both d-men were back and in good position, and the guy goes right down the middle, gets past both of them, and beats the goalie. It doesn't get much more unrealistic than that.

Both styles of play are awful as they just ruin a fair, competitive game. To me, EA's really gone too far with it this year. Even in Madden, their AI programming reeks of douchebaggery. The AI will try to run up the score, if they're losing big in the 4th, they'll just keep airing it out, causing more and more turnovers. It's just bad strategy all the way around. It makes you start to think they don't even have a basic understanding of these sports. I really wish other companies would get back into making sports games again and that these exclusivity deals would be deemed illegal. These companies just have no motivation to make a good game anymore.

Man, Ovechkin is ridiculous. Destrovega just got a hat trick with him vs me to win 4-3, lots if action in the last period.

He now has 59 goals this season to lead the league. Erik Cole is second with 40.

Does anyone else have days where it seems like your team is sluggish, but the next they are fine? Just played some CPU games and St. Louis just felt slow however the last time I played they didn't.

[quote name='Flyersfan']Man, Ovechkin is ridiculous. Destrovega just got a hat trick with him vs me to win 4-3, lots if action in the last period.

He now has 59 goals this season to lead the league. Erik Cole is second with 40.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is when I used Washington in our last league, he only had 2 goals in like 19 games

Ok, so I know I complain about injuries a lot, but one thing you will rarely see me complain about is goalies being too good. Until now.

This just...its just...no...just...no. No.

No. No. No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHLcDPESACo

No.

Also, keep in mind. This is slowed to 15% via the game itself, then I slowed it down another 50% in a video editor before I uploaded it.

bread's done
Back