CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

LOL...wtf is this??? "This year...goalies will be able to move their limbs independently!" Holy freaking crap! That's probably the most unnatural save I've seen. This basically proves that goalie glove reaction time is WAY too high. If he had just made the stick save, I'd say, "Ok, yeah...crazy save." But this shit just isn't even fair. This is going on EA's Facebook. I'd love to hear the explanation for this one.

EDIT - Oh and I freaking love that Michael Scott's "No!" outburst comes up as a related video at the end, hahaha :lol:

Ok...heckling EA's Facebook with it now complete, lol. Jesus that is terrible. Then because of crap like this happening, it makes "ramming the goalie" a valid "tactic". Broken + broken = profit???

Just got back from Vegas, sorry I was unavailable for any games. I'm back ready to go, a little less in the pocket book, but still great time... I think I'm still drunk. Good times.. I think.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']Just got back from Vegas, sorry I was unavailable for any games. I'm back ready to go, a little less in the pocket book, but still great time... I think I'm still drunk. Good times.. I think.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like fun. I play you again this set of games. I could do any time between 7 PM EST and 10:30 PM EST (latest starting time) both today and tomorrow if you want to pick a time that works for you.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sounds like fun. I play you again this set of games. I could do any time between 7 PM EST and 10:30 PM EST (latest starting time) both today and tomorrow if you want to pick a time that works for you.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, I'll let you know when Im home from work

[quote name='sendme']Does anyone else have days where it seems like your team is sluggish, but the next they are fine? Just played some CPU games and St. Louis just felt slow however the last time I played they didn't.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I've noticed is when I score a goal to take the lead or tie, if I win the next faceoff my guys seem to have more speed. I dont know if its just a "placebo effect" or if there is some sort of momentum builder EA implemented.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']When I pick it up on Black Friday....seriously.[/QUOTE]

I scored it on PC for $20 bucks and have been playing the crap out of it for the last 2 weeks.

[quote name='GamerDude316']A medium rare steak is more well-done than NHL.[/QUOTE]

hiyooo-e1321141973841.jpg

And if you can believe it, some genius commented on my Facebook post calling that video a "beauty save".

I will be in the next couple hours. If im playing abnother game, send me a message and we'll make it work.
Phoenix
Nashville
Carolina
Minnesota

Little late on this but wanted to acknowledge moojuice who, after scoring a goal on me with what in real life would've been called goalie interference, pulled his goalie to give me a goal. I was fine with the goal since I was beaten bad with pretty much a wide open one-timer(not to mention years of playing EA NHL games), but still a classy move. I ended up winning 2-1 in a defensive struggle.

I should be on tonight to play my games. This week has been a rough on for me so I haven't been able to play. Let me know when you guys can play tonight.

Played 2 games against Boston's computer last night and I don't know what the hell it is... But in our GM Connected Thomas and Rask don't do jack, yet I play them in online and offline HUT modes and they are always two of the tougher goalies to face. For instance last night, 1st game Thomas gives up 4 and I win 4-0. Second game, Thomas gives up 5 through a period and a half, then Rask comes in and gives up 3 through the remainder of the 2nd and 5 minutes into the 3rd. Lost Colby Armstrong in the 2nd game after he got laid out after scoring.

Dammit Destro slow down with Ovi. I won't catch you in goals with Cole, but I'm sure as hell going to try to get the points race. After my 2 games last night Ovi's at 79 points and Cole is at 75.

[quote name='mvp828']Played 2 games against Boston's computer last night and I don't know what the hell it is... But in our GM Connected Thomas and Rask don't do jack, yet I play them in online and offline HUT modes and they are always two of the tougher goalies to face. For instance last night, 1st game Thomas gives up 4 and I win 4-0. Second game, Thomas gives up 5 through a period and a half, then Rask comes in and gives up 3 through the remainder of the 2nd and 5 minutes into the 3rd. Lost Colby Armstrong in the 2nd game after he got laid out after scoring.

Dammit Destro slow down with Ovi. I won't catch you in goals with Cole, but I'm sure as hell going to try to get the points race. After my 2 games last night Ovi's at 79 points and Cole is at 75.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked the scores...thats crazy. Thought for sure the CPU would put up a little better effort than that. Also lost Boychuk and Paillen to injuries it looks like...ugh.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah I just checked the scores...thats crazy. Thought for sure the CPU would put up a little better effort than that. Also lost Boychuk and Paillen to injuries it looks like...ugh.[/QUOTE]

The first game someone got hurt, but he skated off. I didn't see or hear who it was though. I don't remember anyone else getting hurt though. I know when I checked the injuries at the beginning of the period you had 3 injuries, but I don't remember if it was Paille or Boychuck.

[quote name='mvp828']The first game someone got hurt, but he skated off. I didn't see or hear who it was though. I don't remember anyone else getting hurt though. I know when I checked the injuries at the beginning of the period you had 3 injuries, but I don't remember if it was Paille or Boychuck.[/QUOTE]

Must have been Boychuk since he was definitely healthy last game I played. Paille might have been hurt already...we all know how NHL loves to inform us of injuries right?

I'm on till 3:00pm Pacific time. Whoever needs to play the jets give me a holla before then otherwise I give you permission to play my CPU.

[quote name='IndoAssassin']I'm on till 3:00pm Pacific time. Whoever needs to play the jets give me a holla before then otherwise I give you permission to play my CPU.[/QUOTE]

Ill try to make it in by then.

[quote name='Captain OBVIOU5']I will be in the next couple hours. If im playing abnother game, send me a message and we'll make it work.
Phoenix
Nashville
Carolina
Minnesota[/QUOTE]

I'm ready whenever you are.

Just had another great game with Detroit where, once again, I came up just short. One of these days...

And I tried playing Vancouver's CPU but had the roster issue so hopefully nobody gets hurt in the sim.

Just curious with this. How are we going to work the deadline around Thanksgiving? This next deadline shouldn't be a problem for most I'd say, if we advance tonight with a deadline of Tuesday, but will we extend the deadline a day or two for the following deadline to compensate for people traveling?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Just had another great game with Detroit where, once again, I came up just short. One of these days...

And I tried playing Vancouver's CPU but had the roster issue so hopefully nobody gets hurt in the sim.[/QUOTE]

I got on a little earlier to try and fix my roster issues and I was able to play 2 of the 3 games I had left against the computer with no line-up changes. The only game I could not play was against your team(Blackhawks) because it said that you were also having the roster issue problem.

Sorry, guys. Been out most of the day today. Advancing us now.

As far as Thanksgiving goes, we'll tack on extra days where necessary. I've got family visiting from out of state, and we'll be celebrating my daughter's first birthday that weekend too, so my availability will definitely be reduced as well.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Sorry, guys. Been out most of the day today. Advancing us now.

As far as Thanksgiving goes, we'll tack on extra days where necessary. I've got family visiting from out of state, and we'll be celebrating my daughter's first birthday that weekend too, so my availability will definitely be reduced as well.[/QUOTE]

The good news is we have 18 games left before playoffs? Maybe 3 game periods left. We could advance next Saturday and still be on track for playoffs around dec 7th

All right, we have advanced. This next set of games will be due 11/20 (shifting a day due to the late advance today and plans to accommodate Thanksgiving).

[quote name='ajh2298']I got on a little earlier to try and fix my roster issues and I was able to play 2 of the 3 games I had left against the computer with no line-up changes. The only game I could not play was against your team(Blackhawks) because it said that you were also having the roster issue problem.[/QUOTE]

fuck EA. It's bad enough that there is no indication after a game if there is going to be an issue with the roster for the next one, but I played Detroit and there was never a mention of anyone getting injured. I then go to play your CPU and it only tells me your roster isn't set. You would THINK if there was also a problem with mine it would let me know so I could address it. I know you said you were on earlier but still, none of us genuinely have a way of knowing if our roster will be set.

Actually, this is more BS than I was originally thinking. When I went to play Detroit, everything went straight through with no prompt to fix my roster. Why the fuck wouldn't you have been able to play my CPU BEFORE I waltzed right in and played Detroit? Once again, fuck EA!

Sorry I haven't been on. I will be able to play off and on today and should be good for the 20th if you need to play St. Louis. I have vacation that week also so I should be good for any time on the next set of games.

Well I have a lot of games this session and really need to knock most of them out tonight after 9pm EST or tomorrow 4:30-8pm est

If you want to respond back with a scheduled time ill lock you in.

2 vs Boston (pick an hour we can play both)
Carolina
Buffalo
Montreal
Winnipeg

Then I have two more CPU games. I guess there is just one more session after this.

[quote name='DestroVega']Well I have a lot of games this session and really need to knock most of them out tonight after 9pm EST or tomorrow 4:30-8pm est

Carolina
Buffalo
Montreal
Winnipeg

Then I have two more CPU games. I guess there is just one more session after this.[/QUOTE]

Destro, I (Bruins) can do after 9 tonight

I have

Boston
Chicago
Montreal
Florida

And 2 CPU games.

I'm off of work all day today, just flew home from working so I'm good to go if anyone wants to get these in any time today/tonight.

Is it sad that I just found Season mode? I was looking for it when the game came out and I just now found it.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Destro, I (Bruins) can do after 9 tonight[/QUOTE]

How bout we lock in 9:15 pm est for our two games?

[quote name='DestroVega']Well I have a lot of games this session and really need to knock most of them out tonight after 9pm EST or tomorrow 4:30-8pm est

Carolina
Buffalo
Montreal
Winnipeg

Then I have two more CPU games. I guess there is just one more session after this.[/QUOTE]

I should be on tonight and tomorrow during those times. Shoot me a message after your Bruins games, and I'll switch as soon as I can.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I have

Boston
Chicago
Montreal
Florida

And 2 CPU games.

I'm off of work all day today, just flew home from working so I'm good to go if anyone wants to get these in any time today/tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on in about an hour or so if you want to get ours in.

PMs going to Florida and Tampa as those are my only other two games.

[quote name='sendme']Is it sad that I just found Season mode? I was looking for it when the game came out and I just now found it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I only play gm connected and the occasional online game anyway so I don't even know what other modes are out there.

[quote name='DestroVega']How bout we lock in 9:15 pm est for our two games?[/QUOTE]

Done. Flyersfan I'll be on before or after that too jus let me know a specific time.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Done. Flyersfan I'll be on before or after that too jus let me know a specific time.[/QUOTE]

I probably won't be on too late so probably better to play before. How about 8:45 est? Should leave you with enough time for your games vs Destrovega.

[quote name='Twick87']Anyone who needs to play buffalo ill be available all night tonight, send me a message on here and I'll get on my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Ill plan on bruins 9:15 to 10ish. Montreal around then, should be good to go at 10:30 for you buffalo.

[quote name='Flyersfan']I probably won't be on too late so probably better to play before. How about 8:45 est? Should leave you with enough time for your games vs Destrovega.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.

This week looks like one of my toughest yet, have a feeling I'm going to be put through the wringer.

On a side note, I know a few of you play HUT what the hell is the secret? I can't win a game to save my life (0-6 online rookie cup games). I scored Backstrom for an unbelievable 1500 pucks and he can't save a damn thing for me in HUT even though he plays fantastic in net for me in Connected.

bread's done
Back