CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']If you're a fan of the series, I'd say get it.

Less than a month til' we get arcade perfect Super Street Fighter II Turbo!

Capcom Classics Collection 2![/QUOTE]

Was the Dreamcast version of Super Street Fighter II Turbo X (not sure if that's right) arcade perfect? I also can't wait for that Capcom Collection, I'd buy it just for King of Dragons. That's a very overlooked Co-Op beat em' up. And finally Captian Commando.

Too bad Street Fighter the Movie game isn't in it. That's by far the best Street Fighter ever. I know it's Rolento's favorite of the series.

[quote name='Chacrana']and it'll be nice to have Strider on a console now too.[/QUOTE]

It did come out for the PS1. The 2 disk set with Strider 2. Funny thing is they burnt the disks wrong. If you pop in Strider 2 you'll be playing Strider 1, and visa virsa. Opps

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, OT, but I want to make the next thread. Got it, guys? I'm doing it.[/QUOTE]

sure :)

oh, and itagaki is real nice to allow custom jet-skis... the designs are nice :drool:

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3739_en.html

also, if anyone wants it, I'm selling MK Armageddon for PS2 for $29 shipped. CML and I can maybe sell it cheaper.

I'm sad to say that deception felt alot more epic than armaggeddon ever did... too bad actually.

The DC vers wasn't an arcade perfect port... it's amazing it took this long for one to come out! It's been what like 11 years? Geeze.

This popped into my mind the other day:

The Mortal Kombat franchise lost a great deal of its charm when they stopped using actors and started modelling the fighters (the "jump" to a 3D graphics engine didn't help either). Even though the old way is cheesy and outdated, the new way doesn't feel right and Boone/MK team should never be allowed to model characters again.

[quote name='MarkMan']The DC vers wasn't an arcade perfect port... it's amazing it took this long for one to come out! It's been what like 11 years? Geeze.[/QUOTE]

Really, it's not missing frames, cause that's hard to believe.

Anyone else find it fucking hard to beat a decent Nightwolf online? I was sitting pretty at spot 110 in Ranked, when all of a sudden I start getting owned. My record is atrocious now and I've dropped down to like 220 or something. :(

When are you guys gonna be on to play?

MM, sent you a friend request earlier.

How is UMK3? And did Hyper Fighting ever get a patch fixing the lag issues? I'm saving my money for a 360 now, and so far I only plan to buy Dead Rising, Rainbow Six Vegas, and UMK3/HF at the time of purchase.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
It did come out for the PS1. The 2 disk set with Strider 2. Funny thing is they burnt the disks wrong. If you pop in Strider 2 you'll be playing Strider 1, and visa virsa. Opps[/QUOTE]

Speaking of that compilation, is it worth buying that for Strider 2? Never played that one, but I love Strider.

[quote name='Chacrana']Speaking of that compilation, is it worth buying that for Strider 2? Never played that one, but I love Strider.[/QUOTE]

Strider 2 is pretty damn awesome. I really like it alot. The only problem is that it's pretty freaking easy.

and SilverPaw, UMK is great, but HF not so much.

Yeah Strider 2 is a great game, but you get infinate continues so there's no challange. Metal Slug 4 & 5 suffers from the same thing.

I've got to get a 360. I'd love to play some Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter with you guys. You guys feel free to throw me an invite if you want to play any of the Xbox1 games on Live. I've got nearly every one of them.

LostRoad -- SamShoV isn't a bad game if you don't think about the earlier games. Every time I play I get disappointed that it isn't SamShoIII. I thought SamSho for the Sega Genesis was better than V.

So how is King of Fighters NeoWave? Looking to pick up a few of the SNK 2ders, or hell any good 2d fighter besides the basics ( M. vs C 1/2, any SF ),

[quote name='LostRoad']So how is King of Fighters NeoWave? Looking to pick up a few of the SNK 2ders, or hell any good 2d fighter besides the basics ( M. vs C 1/2, any SF ),[/QUOTE]

If you wanna get a KOF game for X-Box I'd pick up KOF 2K2/2K3 instead. I often wonder why Neowave was even made. It was a huge step back from the KOF series.

And if you haven't already, look into Guilty Gear X2. Another great 2D fighter.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']If you wanna get a KOF game for X-Box I'd pick up KOF 2K2/2K3 instead. I often wonder why Neowave was even made. It was a huge step back from the KOF series.

And if you haven't already, look into Guilty Gear X2. Another great 2D fighter.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on both points... Neowave is decent, but not worth owning especially considering that it's not as good as '02 (which is the game it's basically a revision of.)

GGX2 is awesome.

Yeah I have Guilty Gear X2. I am not looking for any real game on the Xbox ( I own just about every system put out in the US ) just was looking though a few sites and saw it and thought a King of Fighters game might be a good change of pace.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah Strider 2 is a great game, but you get infinate continues so there's no challange. Metal Slug 4 & 5 suffers from the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Strider 2 for the PS1 was fantastic, that it also came with a faithful port of the Arcade version of the Strider 1 was icing on the cake. Thanks for reminding me that I need to play through Strider 2 sometime soon. Best $8 I've ever spent at Funcoland.

So I decided to take advantage of the B2G1 deal going on at TRU and picked up the Warriors and King of Fighters 02/03 for the Xbox on red tag clearance. I'm playing he Warriors and I'm loving it. It's like someone finally made a 3-D version of Double Dragon / Final Fight that is worth playing. My only complaint is that the camera gets really wonky during tense fights. But I love it how my crew has my back when I'm getting the crap beat out of me.

Any opinions on King of Fighters 02/03. This is actually the very first 2-D King of Fighters games I have ever bought. My previous games with SNK ties have been Capcom vs SNK 2, SVC Chaos, and the King of Fighters Maximum Impact. I look forward to opening this game up but I've been warned that 02 and 03 are completely different beasts.

[quote name='LostRoad']Yeah I have Guilty Gear X2. I am not looking for any real game on the Xbox ( I own just about every system put out in the US ) just was looking though a few sites and saw it and thought a King of Fighters game might be a good change of pace.[/quote]

02/03 is much better than Neowave. If you have played any other KOFs you'll start crying at how bad Neowave is. I'm not even a KOF vet but I can't stand to play Neowave for more than a few rounds.

[quote name='MadFlava']Yeah Strider 2 for the PS1 was fantastic, that it also came with a faithful port of the Arcade version of the Strider 1 was icing on the cake. Thanks for reminding me that I need to play through Strider 2 sometime soon. Best $8 I've ever spent at Funcoland.

So I decided to take advantage of the B2G1 deal going on at TRU and picked up the Warriors and King of Fighters 02/03 for the Xbox on red tag clearance. I'm playing he Warriors and I'm loving it. It's like someone finally made a 3-D version of Double Dragon / Final Fight that is worth playing. My only complaint is that the camera gets really wonky during tense fights. But I love it how my crew has my back when I'm getting the crap beat out of me.

Any opinions on King of Fighters 02/03. This is actually the very first 2-D King of Fighters games I have ever bought. My previous games with SNK ties have been Capcom vs SNK 2, SVC Chaos, and the King of Fighters Maximum Impact. I look forward to opening this game up but I've been warned that 02 and 03 are completely different beasts.[/quote]
Hell yeah, the Warriors is awesome. I got it off a fellow CAG, and I absolutely loved it. Hopefully the PSP version will not be just a simple port...

What KOF version do you guys think is the best? I'm honestly not that familiar with any of the SNK series. I'm typically more of a Capcom guy... but I'd love to check out what SNK has to offer.

[quote name='javeryh']I just got done playing a marathon of Super Mini Fighter Gem Mix or whatever the hell it's called. Fun little game...[/quote]

I was playing last weekend and I had alot of fun. It's a nice break from Alpha 2.

[quote name='javeryh']I just got done playing a marathon of Super Mini Fighter Gem Mix or whatever the hell it's called. Fun little game...[/quote]

I love that game, I think it's a bit underrated.

[quote name='javeryh']I just got done playing a marathon of Super Mini Fighter Gem Mix or whatever the hell it's called. Fun little game...[/QUOTE]

I love that game... it's clearly a love it or hate it type of game, but I just find it so damn entertaining... my friend and I used to play that game a ton back years ago and when SFAA came out with that game included on there, we again spent countless hours on it and still enjoyed it.

Strider 2 is great, I actually found a copy at EB last year for a mere three bucks. Not bad at all!

BTW, my level in DOA:U online went up, I'm a C+ now, I'm trying to work my way up even furthur though. MVC2 would have been fun to play on Xbox Live, but we all know what happend there :roll:

Yeah, definitely pick up Guilty Gear. Once you learn the gatling system, roman cancels and false roman cancels, you'll fall in love with the game. Coming from someone who upgraded from crappy Isuka to Slash, the X2 series is just stunning, and I think it is the best overall 2d fighter for the ps2 system so far. The ports to the ps2 are near perfect and I don't see any faults with the game playing on a joystick and all.

I'm not too sure why GG isn't popular in the US [most likely because SF takes the top spot], but it's very big in the Asian countries.

Why, this morning, I had a mini marathon just playing Baiken and working on my combos and frcs.

But yeah, do not invest in GG Isuka or GG Dust Strikers, those are the "disowned" children in the series. SImply put, GG is my all time favorite 2d fighter [though Smash Melee would be close, but isn't considered a true 2d fighter, I suppose] Oh, and anyone else here enjoy playing GGXX?

I also think if you were to get into GGX2, the american X2 would be fine, the only things you are missing out would be balancing updates and two characters included in the latest console version. Though X2 Accent is out in beta testing in Japan now and seems like it'll come out in a couple of months.

Guilty Gear is awesome, I love that series.

I paid around $7.00 bucks for Isuka at Blockbuster (Someone labled it wrong.) And even then, I think I paid $7.00 too much.

[quote name='yukine']Guilty Gear is awesome, I love that series.

I paid around $7.00 bucks for Isuka at Blockbuster (Someone labled it wrong.) And even then, I think I paid $7.00 too much.[/QUOTE]

good to know. I'm getting GG Isuka in the mail soon for free thanks to goozex.

Haha, goozex should pay you at least 5 dollars to give the game to you. The whole manual turning button put so many people off.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good to know. I'm getting GG Isuka in the mail soon for free thanks to goozex.[/quote]

It's a good game for free. :D

[quote name='yukine']It's a good game for free. :D[/quote]

Hey, hey now.... at least the cover art is rather nice ;)

Hmm, another good 2d fighter to look into is Melty Blood if you're willing to import. It's somewhat similar to GG but much simpler and beautiful effects. Though the sprites look a little blocky at first, you'll most likely get used to it.

Personally, KoF series is not my cup of tea. I dunno, I think it's just I'm too used to the systems of Melty Blood and Guilty Gear [loving the IADs]. I'm just not well acquainted with how to do combos in the KoF series.

I still think Rumble Fish dosn't get enough attention it deserves... at least Rumble Fish 2 since it's more balanced. They need to put that on PS2 at some point eventually.

Isuka looks great in HD and the cover art is great.......That's all the praise I can honestly give to that game. I traded it in to EB during the 3 for $10 deal. Any game that makes you press a button to turn around sucks balls in my book.

I know how you feel, but it's different with Angel. all of her moves can cancel into each other, thus making ti a whole lot easier to do that uppercut infinite in the corner. you still need quick reflexes, but I think it is possible.

and besides, I needed to see somethign fighting related since it's been so long since I've played one. I blame my new bass and FF XII.

You guys think we'll ever get T5;DR or SFA3:MAX on a home console? I don't get why they make the most updated versions of fighting games (which are supposed to be for 2 players) exclusively on handheld systems..

[quote name='PhrostByte']You guys think we'll ever get T5;DR or SFA3:MAX on a home console? I don't get why they make the most updated versions of fighting games (which are supposed to be for 2 players) exclusively on handheld systems..[/QUOTE]

For Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, I highly doubt we'll see a console version other than playing it on X-Box live. If it were it would've been on the Alpha Collection.

Now Tekken DR has a good chance. I could see it coming out as a Greatest Hits sometime next year. Kinda like what Virtua Fighter 4 Evo did.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']For Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, I highly doubt we'll see a console version other than playing it on X-Box live. If it were it would've been on the Alpha Collection.

Now Tekken DR has a good chance. I could see it coming out as a Greatest Hits sometime next year. Kinda like what Virtua Fighter 4 Evo did.[/quote]

Yeah.. that sounds good, I'd rather see MAX released though... since Tekken 6 will eventually come out. But as of now it looks doubtful that a version of Alpha (4?) better than MAX will ever come out.

Terry Buster Wolf's this thread out of existance

terry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back