CAG's Eternal Champions! - Fighting Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday... my 21st is in April :]

Hey guys, what to get? KOF2k6 for like 25$ or.. MK:A special edition for like... 50...

Thanks for all the birthday well-wishes guys. I really appreciate it!

My brother is pretty good at 3D art type of stuff. He made this cake before as well...

He also made a pumpkin that was the whole first level of Pacman (including all the dots, power dot things, ghosts, and Pac-man himself). But yeah, thanks again guys.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Happy birthday... my 21st is in April :]

Hey guys, what to get? KOF2k6 for like 25$ or.. MK:A special edition for like... 50...[/QUOTE]

Honestly man, unless you're really into UMK (which is why I picked up MK:A Premium) then I wouldn't bother with either game. Neither of them are anything special.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Thanks for all the birthday well-wishes guys. I really appreciate it!

My brother is pretty good at 3D art type of stuff. He made this cake before as well...

He also made a pumpkin that was the whole first level of Pacman (including all the dots, power dot things, ghosts, and Pac-man himself). But yeah, thanks again guys.

Honestly man, unless you're really into UMK (which is why I picked up MK:A Premium) then I wouldn't bother with either game. Neither of them are anything special.[/quote]

Awesome cake... Your brother appears to a master craftsman when it comes to the details of the culinaries ;)

And I feel ya about the games... It's just.. I want something new :(

[quote name='Apossum']Question for anyone who has beat Act Cadenza a lot--

is huge, half screen Akiha a secret boss in it?
[/QUOTE]
I do not believe half screen Akiha exists in AC. But the characters I do know that you unlock are...

Neko Arc and Chaos Arc. White Ren has been added in the Arcade version as a boss type char.

And happy belated birthday jim

[quote name='Apossum']I'll try not to be so self-aware. I'll continue doing what I normally do...

Doax-Kasumi.gif

GREETINGS FROM FIGHTER THREAD.

Haven't even begun thinking about November....

might get Gears of War, DoAX2, FFXII (though I might wait, since I'm already playing this)...

may just pass it all up or only get 1 game, then try and get a PS3 earlier than expected. decisions.

(weird...she's wearing a different pair of shoes in the last frame. weird...I noticed her shoes.)[/quote]

Nice gif!

Thank jimfoley16 for the b-day wishes. I hope you didn't get too hammered on your 21st!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Nice gif!

Thank jimfoley16 for the b-day wishes. I hope you didn't get too hammered on your 21st![/QUOTE]

Let's just say that I woke up with puke all over me and no recollection from like past 3:30 AM, and we didn't get home till 7:30.

The last thing I remember was getting 5 of a kind in video poker and winning $250.00, which was pretty dope. Too bad I lost 100+ on Roulette. I still came out w/ about 60 more than I left there with, and I had over 130 dollars in drinks (they were comped since we were playing stuff).

On a unrelated note, I found this awesome quote on the blog Destructoid when they posted a debate topic for which was better: Mortal Kombat II or Street Fighter II

"Kolnik says:
September 26th, 2006 (3 weeks ago) at 3:13 pm
This one is too easy. Mortal Kombat all the way. Street Fighter is way too much about button mashing. "

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']play-asia has a nice little deal on Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1. Here's a link:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-50-13-70-1byl.html

$23 shipped. I don't think I'll buy it since I already own all the games in the collection. And if you didn't know it's got:

Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3[/quote]

The proper question here, of course, is where in the holy assfuck is Mark of the Wolves.

[quote name='evanft']The proper question here, of course, is where in the holy assfuck is Mark of the Wolves.[/QUOTE]

On it's own game disc? MotW was released as a stand alone awhile ago.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']play-asia has a nice little deal on Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1. Here's a link:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-49-en-50-13-70-1byl.html

$23 shipped. I don't think I'll buy it since I already own all the games in the collection. And if you didn't know it's got:

Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Fatal Fury 3[/QUOTE]

And this sucks ass... I just bought this about a week and a half ago for $30. I wonder if Play-Asia has any sort of money back guarantee or anything? Probably not =/

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']first faceplate I've seen that I want...[/QUOTE]

Dude.... the wood? Best faceplate EVAR.

OT:

Man, Godhand is such a cool game!

[quote name='MarkMan']I want that faceplate and the blue dragon one![/QUOTE]

is the blue dragon one an import only?

I would actually love to start seeing XBLA themed faceplates. a SFII and UMK3 faceplate would be great.

Ouch... $40. $10 more could buy the game (assuming the Fry's ad comes through.) But damn... I might end up buying it anyway. I'm classy like that.

[quote name='Roufuss']And this sucks ass... I just bought this about a week and a half ago for $30. I wonder if Play-Asia has any sort of money back guarantee or anything? Probably not =/[/QUOTE]

Beside FF Special I didn't like any of the others. I only own them for collectors purpose.

Any extras on the game? Art, videos, anything?

Hi, I'm looking for some recommendations for a PC usb gaming pad that would be good for a game like Melty Blood. Anyone have one that they use with Melty Blood that they really like. Thanks.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Dude.... the wood? Best faceplate EVAR.[/quote]
man

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR WOOD

=P

madflava: i dunno what controller you like. ps2/xbox --> usb converters are more versatile and if you're interested in learning stick you can swap it out whenever. at home, i use a ps2 controller with an old radioshack converter. my bro got an x360 controller and it's also good, although we just play madden on it. only works on windows xp...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']
doax2kasumifaceplatendxja4.gif

Courtesy of NCSX.[/QUOTE]

that makes me wish I had 3 hands.

Can't decide if I should use my $30 credit at overstock for DoAX2 or GoW.

Been playing Act Cadenza a lot lately...Aoko Aozaki's my new favorite character :bouncy: Her specials and supers are ridiculous.

aoko00.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']that makes me wish I had 3 hands.

Been playing Act Cadenza a lot lately...Aoko Aozaki's my new favorite character :bouncy: Her specials and supers are ridiculous.

aoko00.jpg
[/QUOTE]

DoAX2... GoW is primarily riding the hype train even thoguh I'm sure it's good.

as for a USB pad, I'll mention it again... affordable and superbly usefull:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-to-...7QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41059QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got about 4 so far already for art peices as well as personal use and their great. Good price, and the fact that you can use 2 pads on one is a huge plus.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']DoAX2... GoW is primarily riding the hype train even thoguh I'm sure it's good.

as for a USB pad, I'll mention it again... affordable and superbly usefull:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-to-...7QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41059QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got about 4 so far already for art peices as well as personal use and their great. Good price, and the fact that you can use 2 pads on one is a huge plus.[/QUOTE]

yeah...it's hard not to think GoW will be anything but awesome. On the other hand, DoAX2 will have a lot of replay value for me (I don't really enjoy shooters online, can't get in to the strategy of it or something. except Counterstrike.)

[quote name='Apossum']yeah...it's hard not to think GoW will be anything but awesome. On the other hand, DoAX2 will have a lot of replay value for me (I don't really enjoy shooters online, can't get in to the strategy of it or something. except Counterstrike.)[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing DoAX2 will actually have a ton of strategy out of the norm. Jet Ski and Volleyball have alot of depth to it already.

What's everyone playing? I'm loving some Guilty Gear Judgement on the PSP thanks to apossum and I'm getting to know SFA2 Gold. I've got my supers and Alpha Counters down pat.

[quote name='Apossum']that makes me wish I had 3 hands.

aoko00.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Cool, someone else playing Act Cadenza. Aozaki's specials are pretty ridiculous, but I haven't figured out her combos. And as you can see, it's Sion all the way for me.

[quote name='depascal22']What's everyone playing? I'm loving some Guilty Gear Judgement on the PSP thanks to apossum and I'm getting to know SFA2 Gold. I've got my supers and Alpha Counters down pat.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, so it works? what a relief. I didn't think UMDs worked after you superglued them back together. ;)

Cool, someone else playing Act Cadenza. Aozaki's specials are pretty ridiculous, but I haven't figured out her combos. And as you can see, it's Sion all the way for me.

her getling combos (or w/e they're called) are definitely a bit tougher to pull off, same with Miyako, though Miyako's tiny reach makes her a bit harder to play as. then I like crimson akiha (or w/e she's called) for some easy pwnage.

[quote name='Apossum']Sweet, so it works? what a relief. I didn't think UMDs worked after you superglued them back together. ;)

[/quote]

Oooooo, you dirty rat. I'm gonna git ya.

[quote name='MarkMan']I got it earlier :)

It wasn't even under new downloads, it was listed if you scrolled down the games available though.[/QUOTE]

My anger is at least settled down after the awsome TGS DoAX2 trailer... pure gold... pure jello-bounce-to-the-ounce-gold... :drool:

[quote name='depascal22']What's everyone playing? I'm loving some Guilty Gear Judgement on the PSP thanks to apossum and I'm getting to know SFA2 Gold. I've got my supers and Alpha Counters down pat.[/QUOTE]

Honestly haven't been playing to many fighters. Just a bit of UMK on the Premium Armageddon disc. Oh I played Armageddon a tiny bit to. Pretty terrible game.

I've been playing Godhand & started up Justice League Heroes tonight. Justice League seems fun. Played through the whole first section w/ my brother, then we decided to call it quits when one of us had to play as Zatanna.

PS: Anyone ever have problems w/ Happ customer service before? I ordered 6 diff. colored buttons, and apparently 2 of them were backordered. However, I tried calling 3 times (over like a week) and all 3 times the lady ASSURED me that they would be shipping out that evening(apparently they have them in a warehouse somewhere out West). I've yet to get the confirmation email that they have been shipped. I'm going to call on Monday and ask them to sub the 2 buttons (color isn't a huge deal) just so that I can get my mod underway. It's driving me nuts!

EDIT: My PS2 has developed a tendency to scratch the hell out of games these days (lots of light surface marks at random spots). It happens particularly bad when I have a backup in (I use backups for my games when my little cousin is over). Any tips/recommendations from fellow CAG'ers?!?

I got UMK3 earlier too. It is up again now for download. I played for about a hour earlier tonight. Pretty good port. Can't wait to play on live.

[quote name='Roufuss']And this sucks ass... I just bought this about a week and a half ago for $30. I wonder if Play-Asia has any sort of money back guarantee or anything? Probably not =/[/QUOTE]
Same here. I think I bought it when it first dropped to 30.

I feel so fighter depraved, I need to play some fighting games this weekend or I'm gonna explode. I'm moving my arcade machines in the garage tomorrow and gonna line em' up nicely. I guess we'll be playing some old school fighters :)

I'm so pumped for MGS4 again after watching the MGS3 theatrical movie lol.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I've been playing Godhand & started up Justice League Heroes tonight. Justice League seems fun. Played through the whole first section w/ my brother, then we decided to call it quits when one of us had to play as Zatanna.[/quote]
Hahaha. Zatanna's where it's at. She has the single handed ability to save a team's ass in no time with her heal. It's cheap and honestly, if I didn't have it for one level, I don't think my friend or I would have finished that level. Plus if you put some ranks in her fireball, it's cheap and just rapes people. Though I still prefer Flash overall in that game. He's way too much fun to be, with his pinball attack. And Ollie, but that's cause I'm a Green Arrow fanboy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']we need a few UMK3 rounds on live soon everyone... 2 on 2 teams.[/QUOTE]

I would be on it tonight but i'm waiting on my cheap points card tomorrow.

and it's raining here, which seems to completely screw up the wireless network I'm on. :whistle2:?

I should be on tomorrow though. Definitely into the 2 on 2 matches. I forget...can you tag out or is it just one after another?

[quote name='Apossum']I would be on it tonight but i'm waiting on my cheap points card tomorrow.

and it's raining here, which seems to completely screw up the wireless network I'm on. :whistle2:?

I should be on tomorrow though. Definitely into the 2 on 2 matches. I forget...can you tag out or is it just one after another?[/QUOTE]

I'll try for some matches trommorow night, but no promises. So far the online matches rock with barely any lag at all. I'm still pissed at how long it took me to beat shao khan, and then choosing the wrong option >_< at least i'll play through again.

Someone please tell me the trick to beating Jade.

I'm sure that an ultra-fast, projectile-evading, 8-hit-combo-that-does-46%-damage, wipe-the-floor-with-your-ass-on-Novice-character seemed like a good idea on paper, but clearly nobody play-tested this thing. (yes, I know it's just like the arcade; I sure as hell didn't spend $.50 per raping)

I'd love to get past the endurance round (or round 3 or 4, depending on when she shows up first).

Went to some friends' apartment to play some games and wound up getting into Tekken 5. I didn't do too badly considering I hadn't really touched Tekken since TTT. I picked up King pretty quickly and won a few matches against some of the top Tekken players at our school. I'll have to pick up a GH copy of the game to try to get better with King.

King, my favorite character. :)

So I tried plugging in my arcade stick into my 360. For UMK3. OMG. You can't set your controls?!

*busts out Hori 360 controller instead*

:(

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Someone please tell me the trick to beating Jade.

I'm sure that an ultra-fast, projectile-evading, 8-hit-combo-that-does-46%-damage, wipe-the-floor-with-your-ass-on-Novice-character seemed like a good idea on paper, but clearly nobody play-tested this thing. (yes, I know it's just like the arcade; I sure as hell didn't spend $.50 per raping)

I'd love to get past the endurance round (or round 3 or 4, depending on when she shows up first).[/QUOTE]

Ready for the EASY way to beat the computer on hard (at least till you get to Motaro/Shao Kahn)? Just pick Smoke, jump back and do a jumping punch, and then as soon as they do a projectile, cancel it into a dashing uppercut special (F, F+LK). Once the uppercut lands, do his combo (HP, HP, LK, HK, LP). Rinse, and repeat.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']we need a few UMK3 rounds on live soon everyone... 2 on 2 teams.[/QUOTE]

I really, really wish my 360 wasn't being repaired. Soon enough, Padawan.

finally I have a fighting game sig. all apologies to those offended in advance!

[quote name='evanft']Fact: Soul Calibur 1 is an amazing game that still holds up today both in terms of gameplay and graphics.[/QUOTE]

40/40 from Famitsu. :)

Only FG to do that.

Tekken Tag, VF4 EVO, and Tekken 5 were close though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is it that I suck or reptile isn't that great? I'm losing alot... plus, Smoke is the new E. Honda.[/QUOTE]

Reptile is hot to death, so you must just bite the big one!

JK JK

but seriously he's one of the best characters. Make sure you use B, F+LK in combos! It'll put a big :D on your face.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Someone please tell me the trick to beating Jade.

I'd love to get past the endurance round (or round 3 or 4, depending on when she shows up first).[/quote]

I just kept using Liu Kang's bicycle kick over and over. Bicycle kick + evade + jump punch, repeat ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back