[quote name='kristianator']2 questions:

1. what is this game?
2. gimme this game[/QUOTE]

1. honest to god you don't know? .. DoAX2, the best damn game on the 360

2. November

more:

1157558183_2f78.jpg

jeezus :hot:

is that shot with Christie from a cutscene or is there some new pole dance mini-game? :lol:

[quote name='kainzero']ahhhhhh

looks like so much plastic[/QUOTE]

They're not supposed to look real at all! Get with the post-modern times dammit! ;)

[quote name='depascal22']How did he even get to the final by not using the big 3? Did he at least have Storm?[/QUOTE]

He got to the final because no one in the tournament was very good.

That games gonna sell cause of the boobs alone. Anyone play the orginal? I hated it. I would've been okay if it was 4 players. Don't know why they didn't include it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']He got to the final because no one in the tournament was very good.[/quote]

yeah, it seems like any tournament that isn't a big tournament with a big pot won't draw in any good players. Instead of going and supporting the scene, the good players seem to only go to the big tournaments and spend the rest of the time practicing with buddies.

Digital Life is this weekend. Anyone going to enter the fighting game tournaments?

I've been out for awhile sorry T.T

The version I have is the Xbox version. The game is running very smooth. Midway did a pretty good job of taking out the old cheese. I'm glad there are ground tech rolls and throw breaks now as well. There is no UMK3 afaik it's only going to be for the LE on the PS2 ver? UMK3 is available for XBLA download for those with devkit 360s however. There's a beta server up.

Been too busy the last few days. FF XII is awesome. Now I gotta camp tonight for a stupid PS3 reservation. jdlksfjlfjlsaj.

Hope all is well in fighting land. :)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']That games gonna sell cause of the boobs alone. Anyone play the orginal? I hated it. I would've been okay if it was 4 players. Don't know why they didn't include it.[/QUOTE]

it was the best xbox game I ever played. The dating aspect was the real hook for me since there's pretty much null of that type of gaming in the US. Plus the volleyball was the best sports gameplay I had played in a while. Easily wasted 90 hours on that game already, so I'm all over the sequal.

glad to hear there's tech rolls in the new MK.

as for the PS3, I decided since VF5 and Tekken 6 are not launch titles, I am willing to wait a bit before I get one. The Wii will keep me busy alongside the 360, and by the time PS3s become easy to get, the good fighters will be out.

[quote name='Apossum']They're not supposed to look real at all! Get with the post-modern times dammit! ;)[/quote]
maybe post-modern times in JAPAN where ayumi hamasaki doesn't look real either

booooooooooo
even 2D girls look better than DoA girls

[quote name='kainzero']maybe post-modern times in JAPAN where ayumi hamasaki doesn't look real either

booooooooooo
even 2D girls look better than DoA girls[/QUOTE]

...someone needs their eyes checked?

[quote name='MarkMan']Live from a line in front of EB Games, 4 AM PST.

-_-[/QUOTE]

ouch. I hope you're at the front of the line.

[quote name='MarkMan']At the very front =)

3 more hours to wait...

MORTALLLLLL KOMBATTTTTTT![/QUOTE]

Stay awake! did you bring a jacket or something? are you with a buddy? did you drink any coffee? fill us in on your situaiton to help pass the time.

I'm off to work right now, but I'm glad to see that MarkMans is off on some sort fo an adventure, albeit a waiting one.

[quote name='MarkMan']At the very front =)

3 more hours to wait...

MORTALLLLLL KOMBATTTTTTT![/QUOTE]

nice.

I just stopped in to my EB to ask about Godhand. they said people were lined up shortly after closing time for the pre-orders. I knew it...the PS3 launch is going to be the 360 launch x10. People were talking about (read: hoping) listing them at a $2000 starting price on Ebay O_O

[quote name='Apossum']nice.

I just stopped in to my EB to ask about Godhand. they said people were lined up shortly after closing time for the pre-orders. I knew it...the PS3 launch is going to be the 360 launch x10. People were talking about (read: hoping) listing them at a $2000 starting price on Ebay O_O[/quote]

So most people are just buying them to scalp on Ebay?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']So most people are just buying them to scalp on Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Around my town, definitely. everyone's gotta pay tuition.

I bet more than half of everyone who pre-ordered today will be scalping it.

[quote name='Apossum']Around my town, definitely. everyone's gotta pay tuition.

I bet more than half of everyone who pre-ordered today will be scalping it.[/QUOTE]

It's really no surprise since you basically can't lose if you're selling it. It's not going to be worth owning the system for at least a few months so I avoided all that shit... I need a Wii though. NEED. Anyway, Spring = Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Fighter 5 so there's no way I can survive without a PS3 past that point.

and I'm still set on getting a receiver and some good speakers... fuck.

[quote name='Chacrana']Anyway, Spring = Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Fighter 5 so there's no way I can survive without a PS3 past that point.[/QUOTE]

Same here. While I'd like to pick one up and sell it for some quick cash, I didn't prepare any money to buy one. And I doubt my wife will let me take $600 from our savings. Since she makes more than me, she controls most of the money flow. I'll worry about getting a PS3 after I get a Wii. But like Chacrana said, once I start seeing VF5, Tekken 6 and Metal Gear popping up, I'll have to get one.

[quote name='Apossum']nice.

I just stopped in to my EB to ask about Godhand. they said people were lined up shortly after closing time for the pre-orders. I knew it...the PS3 launch is going to be the 360 launch x10. People were talking about (read: hoping) listing them at a $2000 starting price on Ebay O_O[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Godhand came out today. That's more exciting than a stupid PS3 preorder fiasco, imo.

Is it worth getting at full price?

I'm thinking about it but there is Tales of the Abyss tommorrow and Bully next week, I feel like I won't have any time to actually spend on God Hand, and when I do get around to it, it will be $10.

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh yeah, Godhand came out today. That's more exciting than a stupid PS3 preorder fiasco, imo.

Is it worth getting at full price?

I'm thinking about it but there is Tales of the Abyss tommorrow and Bully next week, I feel like I won't have any time to actually spend on God Hand, and when I do get around to it, it will be $10.[/quote]

I hear God Hand is alright, it sounds like one of those games that is worth giving a try when it hits $10.

[quote name='kainzero']kasumi would be jealous of that body.[/QUOTE]

what body??? Jealous of the green thing or one of those 4 flesh colored stubs? :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']what body??? Jealous of the green thing or one of those 4 flesh colored stubs? :lol:[/quote]
celes' skin looks more realistic!

plus her boobs are so big you can't see her stomach!

[quote name='kainzero']

plus her boobs are so big you can't see her stomach![/QUOTE]

hahahhaha

2 PS3s are going to pay for my next arcade machine maybe. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the FOTNS arcade game look super tight. Wish there was some kind of blood in the game. I heard though it was a little broken/unbalanced so hopefully the console version will be tight.

Well, I've been playing a lot of Guilty Gear XX Slash, but the arcade is so goddamn hard. I usually play as Baiken and get up to I-no, and right there I just get raped because I can't guard for beans. I'm starting to get a hang of the fighting system, especially the cancels and negative edging.

[quote name='Chacrana']http://ps2.ign.com/articles/738/738253p2.html

God Hand gets a whopping... 3.0 at IGN. Huge disparity given Gamespot's 8.0...

Maybe I won't get this game now.[/quote]

i'm getting the impression it's a love it or hate it kind of game. reviewers either embraced the humor, deep combat system, and difficulty, or completely didn't. regardless, it looks fun enough to me that i might pick it up when it hits 10.

So has anyone besides me and Markman picked up Mortal Kombat: Armageddeon yet?

Browsing the G-faqs boards (I know, shame on me) I came across this awesome comment.

I dont know why you all think the controls are unresponsive, i personally found them more responsive then any other fighting game i played this year, Including Tekken 5 and Dead or Alive 4

Okay now I'm not trying to diss on MK, as it's always good for some fun (although not much else), however, the controls in this game are absolutely horrible. They're totally unresponsive. That comment just made me LOL so hard. I

^ Theirs always some mutant who wants to justify spending $40 - $50 on the game. In the back of their mind they know they're full of shit. Either that or they just want to piss people off.

From what I read the Konquest mode is hellah short. I loved Konquest mode in Deception, is it better or worse?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']^ Theirs always some mutant who wants to justify spending $40 - $50 on the game. In the back of their mind they know they're full of shit. Either that or they just want to piss people off.

From what I read the Konquest mode is hellah short. I loved Konquest mode in Deception, is it better or worse?[/QUOTE]

100 1000 times better, and it's not THAT short. I would definately recommend MK:A as a rental, or if you love the franchise then pick it up.

Do I regret getting it? Nah, another fighter for my collection. Would I have gotten it if my 360 wasn't being repaired? Probably not.

[quote name='jimfoley16']So has anyone besides me and Markman picked up Mortal Kombat: Armageddeon yet? [/quote]

I want it. I am not a huge fan of MK anymore (I peaked at MK II), but since it really is the only american fighter that I can think of that is even worth half a damn I still would like it in my collection.

Since this is a 3d mortal kombat, I would most likely pass up the game. I was totally into mortal kombat back in the day. But when it turned 3d, I just couldn't accept that extra dimension, and the gameplay just seemed totally different. Never was too fond of 3d fighters, though Rival Schools and Smash Bros are exceptions [though they're essentially 2d at heart]. The fatalities look weak from what i've seen, that custom stuff is just a bad choice on the mk team's part, I think.

[quote name='halu102'] Never was too fond of 3d fighters, though Rival Schools and Smash Bros are exceptions [though they're essentially 2d at heart]. [/quote]

That's why I like KOF: Maximum Impact. It reminds me a bit of Rival Schools.

I'm waiting for the Xbox version of MKA... the 3d MKs always felt liek they played better on the Xbox... but I'm waiting for it to be back compatable on the 360, and if not, it's PS2 version for me.

Midway stated that it will in fact be backwards compatible in the future. Who knows when that is lol. The Xbox version IMO is superior to the PS2 version except for online play.

[quote name='MarkMan']Midway stated that it will in fact be backwards compatible in the future. Who knows when that is lol. The Xbox version IMO is superior to the PS2 version except for online play.[/quote]

So the PS2 version is actaully better online? That seems unusual.

[quote name='jimfoley16']So has anyone besides me and Markman picked up Mortal Kombat: Armageddeon yet?

Browsing the G-faqs boards (I know, shame on me) I came across this awesome comment.

Okay now I'm not trying to diss on MK, as it's always good for some fun (although not much else), however, the controls in this game are absolutely horrible. They're totally unresponsive. That comment just made me LOL so hard. I

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back