CAGs Most Ordered in Q3 2009 - Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5198]9467[/IMG-R]The following are CAGs most ordered games from Amazon.com (through CAG affliliate links) during Q3 2009 (July 1st to September 30th).

Thanks to Amazon's excellent store credit bonus deals, there were an usually large amount of pre-orders this quarter. Pre-order bonuses such as figures and books are nice, but clearly credit/gift cards are a much stronger incentive. As you will see from the chart, Halo 3: ODST smoked the competition, thanks in part to a $15 games credit and $5 MP3 credit.[/preview]

1. :360: Halo 3: ODST
  2. :ds: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
  3. :360: Tales of Vesperia
  4. :ps3: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  5. :ps3: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/ Artbook
  6. :360: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  7. :wii: ExciteBots: Trick Racing with Wii Wheel Bundle
  8. :360: Guitar Hero 5 (game only)
  9. :ps3: God of War: Collection
  10. :360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  11. :ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum
  12. :wii: New Super Mario Bros.
  13. :ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
  14. :360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  15. :wii: New Play Control! Pikmin
  16. :360: Brutal Legend
  17. :360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition
  18. :360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
  19. :ds: The World Ends With You
  20. :psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy
  21. :ps3: Katamari Forever
  22. :ps2: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection
  23. :ds: Dinosaur King
  24. :360: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
  25. :ds: Peggle Dual Shot
  26. :360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
  27. :wii: House of the Dead: Overkill
  28. :360: Madden NFL 10
  29. :360: Xbox Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack
  30. :psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
  31. :wii: Wii Sports Resort
  32. :ps3: Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller
  33. :ds: Rhythm Heaven
  34. :360: Halo Wars Limited Edition
  35. :360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Collector's Edition
  36. :ps3: PlayStation 3 Slim 120 GB Console
  37. :360: Assassin's Creed II
  38. :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  39. :wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy Collectors Edition
  40. :360: Red Faction Guerrilla
  41. :ps3: God of War III
  42. :360: Mass Effect
  43. :ds: Scribblenauts
  44. :ps3: Guitar Hero 5 (game only)
  45. :ps3: Last Rebellion
  46. :360: The Club
  47. :360: Xbox 360 Arcade Console
  48. :360: Borderlands
  49. :wii: Wii MotionPlus
  50. :360: The Beatles: Rock Band (game only)

Top 50 Breakdown (change from last quarter in parenthesis)
:360: 22 (-8)
:ps3: 11 (+9)
:wii: 7 (-1)
:ds: 7 (+1)
:psp: 2 (+2)
:ps2: 1 (-3)
:pc: 0 (0)

Notes:

Previous reports

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I feel somewhat sorry for those 360 users that had to buy the inferior version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. =([/QUOTE]

Aren't they both the same exact game?

Just in case you didn't catch it, Halo 3: ODST smoked the competition. ;) Another fun fact PS3 improved 500%. Not bad not too great though.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Aren't they both the same exact game?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, PS3 does get Joker Challenge maps. He has less gadgets which makes it more challenging.

Nice list but I think the fun facts are opinion's. Yes, Halo: ODST could've smoked the competition due to the pre-order bonuses, but that doesn't mean it did. Without a comment from everyone who purchased it we'll never know if the win was due to the bonuses or if people just really wanted the game. Same with Guitar Hero 5 outselling The Beatles Rock Band. Personally I was pretty sure GH5 was going to do better anyway, seeing as The Beatles probably had a limited number of fans being that I'd assume most Beatles fans don't play Xbox/PS3/Wii that much.

I know about ten people that would've purchased it had they owned a console and enjoyed playing games like that. However, gaming isn't their cup of tea, and I'm sure that's how many Beatles fans are. GH5 on the other hand caters to many more gamers and has a wide variety of bands for everyone's taste so it's no surprise it outsold Beatles. So one could say, without solid factual evidence, that GH5 won due to that and not because of the bonuses.

Though I think GH5 did have a bit of an edge due to the free Van Halen offer...

I didn't buy GH5 initially when it was out, I just picked up my Beatles: Rock Band, but just the other day when Amazon lowered GH5 for Xbox 360 to $29.99 for no reason at all, I picked it up with the game credits I had from other games, and a 10% off ECA code and it shipped for about $6.xx so it was quite a steal. GH5 for less than $10 = WIN. Would've cost me even more to rent it, so I'm glad I waited. And not to sure if I wanna get Van Halen anyway, doesn't really interest me, so I'm glad I waited and just got GH5 alone for much cheaper.

I don't know anyone (even non-halo fans like myself) that DIDN'T buy this game. As for whether or not they knew about the deal or not they quickly learned this game wasn't worth full price. If not, they live under a rock.

[quote name='ferrari91169']Nice list but I think the fun facts are opinion's...[/QUOTE] Correct...I changed the wording.

[quote name='evenfl0w']I guess you can say M$ "owned" the ps3 this quarter.[/QUOTE]Oops...fixed.

[quote name='J7.']Just in case you didn't catch it, Halo 3: ODST smoked the competition. ;) Another fun fact PS3 improved 500%. Not bad not too great though.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that was a bit of an editing error too. Thanks!

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']I feel somewhat sorry for those 360 users that had to buy the inferior version of Batman: Arkham Asylum. =([/QUOTE]
On Gametrailers, Invisible Walls did a show showing that the 360 version actually outsold the PS3 version even though, as well know the PS3 version had the Joker DLC.

Tales of Vesperia must have sold a helluva lot when it was a DOTD for $12.50 or whatever it was.

I missed it that day but luckily found a sealed copy for $10 in Target a couple of weeks later.

Nice list Cheapy, interesting to see what us CAGS are buying, I for one certainly bought ODST on the strength of the Amazon deals and the $50.99 price.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']On Gametrailers, Invisible Walls did a show showing that the 360 version actually outsold the PS3 version even though, as well know the PS3 version had the Joker DLC.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. The 360 has a larger install base than the PS3.

Good to see the Arcade console is still selling pretty well... I imagine that's all the premium owners buying a arcade console because their xbox got the RROD (like I did)

[quote name='Nebenator']I'm surprised GTA: Episodes from Liberty City was so far down the list[/QUOTE]

Well, it doesn't come out until the end of the month, that might have something to do with it. If people bought the lost and the damned, they're probably just going to get gay tony as dlc, so the huge GTA IV fans probably won't be getting the package. And maybe some people are just being like me, waiting for the retail release to drop to like $20. Given the choice, if I'm going to pay $40 I'd rather just download both pieces and not have to put in another disc.

Guitar Hero 5 (game only) for 360 was selling for $30 briefly the other day, which is when I bought it. Not sure if that was too late to be included in the total, but if it wasn't than that probably bumped it up a few spots as well.

This list makes me feel bad for canceling my Silent Hill pre-order. I would expect a game coming out in a month to do better. Or everyone is just waiting around for more information like me.

It's sad to see people buying crappy 360 products, especially that Halo game which is nothing more than another childrens FPS that doesn't support M/KB.

On the other hand I didn't know CAG had affiliate links. I bought a number of those games (not all from Amazon) but I do it on my own and not through links I find. Surely if you include ALL sales then the PS3 versions would be performing better. Nice to see Wii and DS get some recognition too, they're great consoles as well.

[quote name='DPsx7']especially that Halo game which is nothing more than another childrens FPS that doesn't support M/KB.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Unoriginal effort... I'll give you 3 out of 10 on the troll scale.

[quote name='DPsx7']It's sad to see people buying crappy 360 products, especially that Halo game which is nothing more than another childrens FPS that doesn't support M/KB.[/QUOTE]
Indirect (maybe even subconscious) complaining of the lack of decent PC games- 8/10

Trolling against the Xbox 360 and Halo series- 2/10

[quote name='DPsx7']It's sad to see people buying crappy 360 products, especially that Halo game which is nothing more than another childrens FPS that doesn't support M/KB.

On the other hand I didn't know CAG had affiliate links. I bought a number of those games (not all from Amazon) but I do it on my own and not through links I find. Surely if you include ALL sales then the PS3 versions would be performing better. Nice to see Wii and DS get some recognition too, they're great consoles as well.[/QUOTE]

lol, anyways i bought about 3 copys of Tales of Vespria when it was on the daily deals and resold 2 of them for $25 around my way, so that could be a reason it's so high on the list because others may have done the samething. Worth the 14.95 i paid though. :applause:

Amazon ODST deal was insane considering they dropped it another $9 on release day + $15 in Amazon credit. That's $24 off a new release game. How the hell is anyone able to pass up ODST unless they detest Halo?

It's not trolling if it's true. Console shooters have to add autoaim and be simplified to compensate for the poor control scheme. I'm really hoping Splitfish can fix that, but in the meantime the genre is just not playable on consoles.

As for PC I'd still use it if the games weren't infected with OS checks, DRM, or the Steam virus. The only thing I played on PC was FPS's so it's not like I'm losing out on much. I have all the older ones to enjoy. After all they pretty much play the same.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Amazon ODST deal was insane considering they dropped it another $9 on release day + $15 in Amazon credit. That's $24 off a new release game. How the hell is anyone able to pass up ODST unless they detest Halo?[/QUOTE]
Count me one who passed on it. Thought Halo 1 was great, Halo 2 was okay, and Halo 3 was meh. Really tried to get into the series but could not. Don't know if I will even play ODST.

Wow Tales of Vesperia taking 3rd is surprising but cool nonetheless! (Now if only Namco will bring over the PS3 version...)

And that $20 Exicitebots w/Wheel bundle did wonders for it!

Yes I hope 1/2 of the people who bought that game actually play the best 360 game from 2008. I fear though most people bought it when it was on sale for $15 for the only purpose to resell it as it's OoP now.

I really regret not buying ToV.. as I purchased a 360 off the Trading Forums just a day or two later. :cry:

[quote name='CheapyD'][preview][IMG-R=5198]9467[/IMG-R]The following are CAGs most ordered games from Amazon.com (through CAG affliliate links) during Q3 2009 (July 1st to September 30th).

Halo 3: ODST smoked the competition, thanks in part to a $15 games credit and $5 MP3 credit.[/preview]
[/QUOTE]

I personally ordered thirteen games from this list, but have to laugh at the mention of the $5 mp3 credit for ODST. Amazon forgot to give it to me...

bread's done
Back