CAGs "My username is/means..." Thread

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
It's probably been done before, but I'm just curious as to why each Cager chose the name he/she did...so hopefully this takes off ;)

I'll go first:

My username is Foo228 since my name is Foowad
its arabic
and my favorite numbers are 2 and 28, so yea

Originally sixersballernum3 because I was into the NBA and Allen Iverson.

Current name is self explanatory.

It depends on which era of civilization you ask, and what their ancient texts and shamans tell you about the origin of my name.

The great Egyptians were in awe of my ability to predict the flooding of the Nile, and christened my name to mean "Wealth Bringer," for the sapphiric waters were the basis of their food supply year around. Many statues and sarcophagi are adorned with remnants of blue paint, long since chipped away by the brutal sun and swirling winds, the sands etching away the pigment that was my banner.

African tribesmen - in my many travels - came to regard my passing with fear, for my stories of comets and eclipses terrified their priests. I showed them how to fashion bows and mighty shields, and thus my name came to mean the Only Protector. Ceremonies since retired from their ancestors marked my name with triumph, but at the cost of terrible bloodshed. They also thought my motorcycle was awesome. Which it is, so I can't (and couldn't) blame them.

The Mayans simply referred to me as Heaven's Prime, as my help in designing their calenders led to the 2012 prediction of the end of the world.

The roving bands of men in North America - you now refer to them as Native Americans - wove great tapestries in my honor, and bestowed jeweled headdresses upon my magnificence. In return, I conferred to them the secrets of the stars. Many of them now live on other planets. I have been called both The Far Reacher and the Far Seer, depending on which part of the country you ask. Sometimes I visit their galactic families while in my power suit.

Hebrew texts and unearthed pots foresaw a swifter connotation. I was the Son Slayer, for my wrath upon barbaric tribes in their midst was brutal and surgical.

Finally, to the merpeople of the great sea, I am the Walking Oblivion. They still pay yearly alms to spare their civilization, which I keep hidden under astral projections resembling stones and monolithic plates of Earth. Still, their hospitality is unmatched, and I do make a point of sending them a never ending supply of grandinia, which is highly valuable in constructing their cities.

History books will ignore all of these definitions, but I had planned it all out to be like that anyway. In the future, when alien races come to acknowledge my presence, the histories of our world will all echo this same fearsome moniker, the legendary Kres'trehl a harbinger of all time.

Know finally that the name you see is nothing more than a fabrication meant to entreat your primitive vocal cords to acceptably reproduce it. The true harmonics and timbres cannot be replicated, and as such I had to give way to a more - to your species - appreciable acoustics.

Do not fear.

And yet, do fear.

[quote name='Rocko']Current name is self explanatory.[/quote]

that would be the sweetest first name
for a person
haha

big fan of the cartoon?

edit:

[quote name='Strell']History books will ignore all of these definitions, but I had planned it all out to be like that anyway. In the future, when alien races come to acknowledge my presence, the histories of our world will all echo this same fearsome moniker, the legendary Kres'trehl a harbinger of all time.

Know finally that the name you see is nothing more than a fabrication meant to entreat your primitive vocal cords to acceptably reproduce it. The true harmonics and timbres cannot be replicated, and as such I had to give way to a more - to your species - appreciable acoustics.[/quote]

:applause: I applaud the history lesson :rofl:

Eh, I'll play along.

Obviously, mine is french for "black feather," which is a reference to my animal spirit, the raven. Since our family totem is Bear, technically, that makes me "Raven Bear."

[quote name='PlumeNoir']
Obviously, mine is french for "black feather," which is a reference to my animal spirit, the raven. Since our family totem is Bear, technically, that makes me "Raven Bear."[/quote]

Now that's deep, but since I don't know any French
spanish ftw!
I assumed you were gunna talk about your favorite fruit - the plum

Used to be a huge fan of the CM Punk vs Raven feud in ROH ( don't know why, looking back the Dog Collar match wasn't very good ).

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I know that I'm a fan of the cartoon. That's where mine comes from.[/quote]

Mr. Beef is from what cartoon?

[quote name='Foo228']Mr. Beef is from what cartoon?[/quote]Rocko's Modern Life. It's obscure, I'll admit, but it's from there.

The episode where Filburt gets married, to be precise.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Used to be a huge fan of the CM Punk vs Raven feud in ROH ( don't know why, looking back the Dog Collar match wasn't very good ).[/quote]

Knew you were a wrestling fan from the wrestling thread but thought your name was homage for your favorite wrestler (punk) and favorite animal (raven)...well, either way it makes some sense :roll:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Rocko's Modern Life. It's obscure, I'll admit, but it's from there.

The episode where Filburt gets married, to be precise.[/quote]

I wasn't much of a fan...more into Fairly Odd Parents and all that jazz (newer cartoons had a bigger impact on me compared to older ones like RML)

Anyways, was Filburt the turtle?

My name online is usually Ender, or some variation thereof. "Ender" was taken when I signed up for CAG, so I was forced to pick "the ender", which I hate. Come to think of it, I've yet to see a single post by "Ender"....I wonder if I could talk a mod into letting me switch names.....

I got it from, of course, Ender's Game. I'm actually not a huge fan of the series, as I read them for the first time in my adult years. They just don't hold the huge appeal for me like they do for so many others. However, I think the name is awesome, so I ran with it.

I used to go by "Shimmergloom" online, which was the name of a dragon in one of Salvatore's Drizzt books. But then I started thinking that it sounded a bit too gay, so......yea. Switched it up.

From the Morrissey lyric:

"Tell all of my friends
(I don't have too many
Just some rain-coated lovers' puny brothers)
Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt
Rush to danger
Wind up nowhere"

And he took it from the book (and later film) Brighton Rock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_Rock_(novel)

I use all four names in various forms in my life, but Dallow is the most common.

I created mine.

With a ruler.

I used to be a really huge Space Ghost Coast to Coast fan. ( I say "used to" because Cartoon Network hasn't aired an episode in ten-thousand years. )

It was either Space Ghost or Brak. I liked the name Brak because it was shorter.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Yeah, Filburt was the turtle, and Heffer was the steer.[/quote]

I never even knew who that guy was...what animal at least :lol:

[quote name='the ender']My name online is usually Ender, or some variation thereof. "Ender" was taken when I signed up for CAG, so I was forced to pick "the ender", which I hate. Come to think of it, I've yet to see a single post by "Ender"....I wonder if I could talk a mod into letting me switch names.....

I got it from, of course, Ender's Game. I'm actually not a huge fan of the series, as I read them for the first time in my adult years. They just don't hold the huge appeal for me like they do for so many others. However, I think the name is awesome, so I ran with it.

I used to go by "Shimmergloom" online, which was the name of a dragon in one of Salvatore's Drizzt books. But then I started thinking that it sounded a bit too gay, so......yea. Switched it up.[/quote]

Now I'm surprised that hasn't been a villian's name in a video game (even if it does sound cliche), it does sound badass know that I think about it

For the other name you had, Shimmergloom, was that supposed to be an oxymoron?
i think thats the correct term..

[quote name='dallow']From the Morrissey lyric:

Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt

I use all four names in various forms in my life, but Dallow is the most common.[/quote]

That last ones the sweetest imo...followed by dallow (others I wouldn't dare use though)

It is safe to assume this is your favorite song?

[quote name='Brak']I created mine.

With a ruler.

I used to be a really huge Space Ghost Coast to Coast fan. ( I say "used to" because Cartoon Network hasn't aired an episode in ten-thousand years. )

It was either Space Ghost or Brak. I liked the name Brak because it was shorter.[/quote]

I don't know anything about that show, but that name sticks for some reason

Real simple:

CAG name is a variant on my name which is my first inital and last name.

Xbox Live and PS3 Tag are a combo of letters from my first name and some from my girlfriend's first name.

I usually have a different username online, but I'm retarded and didn't realize that the username I entered here would end up my username. I thought that would just log me in but I'd pick a different screen name. When I realized my mistake and that I couldn't edit it, I didn't think it worth the few seconds it would take to make a new profile.

So now it's my first name, last initial, and favorite #12 with a 0 in front because with emails and such mikej12 is usually already taken.

mine was created through a combination of beer, friends, and final fantasy vii. any more information and i might come off as a little... odd...

[quote name='mikej012']I usually have a different username online, but I'm retarded and didn't realize that the username I entered here would end up my username. [/QUOTE]

uhhh what?

[quote name='Foo228']That last ones the sweetest imo...followed by dallow (others I wouldn't dare use though)

It is safe to assume this is your favorite song?[/quote]

Not my favorite, but in the top 10 of his songs, possibly top 5.
It's a sweeping epic of pure, jumbled emotion and yearning.
Thanks for asking!

I had a crapload of online names for a long time, but finally found the best name for me. I initially just used a somewhat variation of my real name, but then I started naming myself after video game characters (mostly RPG ones, like Tidus, Fayt Leingod, etc.). After a while, I decided to call myself Phantom Knight once. I felt Phantom sounded too generic, so I went to XenoKnight. Every forum I posted at with that name, things went really bad, so I decided I needed another name change. Secret of Mana is my favorite action RPG game ever, and I liked many other RPGs containing Mana in it. I knew someone with a screenname that was "The Mana (insert something)" and I really liked it, so I decided to go by The Mana Knight, and the name worked out really well. Eventually, I dropped "The", unless Mana Knight has already been taken.

I use "Knight" because that's my favorite and most used class in an RPG. Mana because most of my favorite RPGs contain Mana, so I put the two together and that's my name now.

Well mine came about because I am really into Star Wars and I used to be really into birds, so one day my dad just called me sarcasticlly Darth Budge and it stuck.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm the most creative here.

It's my name.[/quote]

I can't throw stones, when I used to do Star wars Role Playing my favorite charecter was named after me.

Mine comes from something I came up with a long time ago. Back when American Gladiators was on, I thought what name would be the most intimidating for someone on there? And I came up with Reaper. I went on to use that on a bunch of different games including a lot of racing games where I used it online.

Then shortly after that I had to come up with a nick for certain online shooters I had started playing. Reaper was too simple and probably taken so I went with Reaper0, and as I went I kept track of how many people I killed, then next time I logged in, I changed my name to reflect how many I had killed thus far. Reaper82, Reaper521, Reaper98151, whatever. But, as that was impossible everywhere I stuck to Reaper0, which evolved into ReaperZer0.

[quote name='mikej012']I usually have a different username online, but I'm retarded and didn't realize that the username I entered here would end up my username. I thought that would just log me in but I'd pick a different screen name. When I realized my mistake and that I couldn't edit it, I didn't think it worth the few seconds it would take to make a new profile.

So now it's my first name, last initial, and favorite #12 with a 0 in front because with emails and such mikej12 is usually already taken.[/quote]

I've heard you could ask a mod and they may let you change your "username" at the cost of...
nothing - you sick freaks!
so yea, that could work out for ya

funny how the person above was just the opposite in their name (first initial of the first name, full last name compared to the full first name followed by the first initial of their last name which of course is the safer route to take..;) ) also, its nice to see im not the only one with a favorite number in their name

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']mine was created through a combination of beer, friends, and final fantasy vii. any more information and i might come off as a little... odd...
[/quote]

so beer+friends+final fantasy 7 = kickass username? haha

[quote name='Kayden']I'm the most creative here.

It's my name.[/quote]

lol more like most likely here...but sweet name nonetheless

any idea what the origin of the name is?

[quote name='dallow']Not my favorite, but in the top 10 of his songs, possibly top 5.
It's a sweeping epic of pure, jumbled emotion and yearning.
Thanks for asking![/quote]

oh no problem, just trying to keep the thread lively and find out more about why people chose a certain name as their name...:cool:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I use "Knight" because that's my favorite and most used class in an RPG. Mana because most of my favorite RPGs contain Mana, so I put the two together and that's my name now.[/quote]

After seeing that name for the first time I thought "Rpg fan" so at least one thing stuck in reading names before finding out what they were..

But your pictures still manage to surprise me haha (I envisioned a British guy with suspenders for some reason)

[quote name='darthbudge']Well mine came about because I am really into Star Wars and I used to be really into birds, so one day my dad just called me sarcasticlly Darth Budge and it stuck.[/quote]

now im wondering if the term "darth" is star wars exclusive...alotta usernames seem to have that in 'em

Anyways, what does budge mean? I like the combination of the two words though

Mine is a reference to that Cary Grant (non)quote. My name is Judy (duh), and when I was a kid, there was a comic book shop near school I always went to. When the owner saw me come in, he'd go, "Judy, Judy, Judy" all Cary Grant-like.

[quote name='Foo228']
After seeing that name for the first time I thought "Rpg fan" so at least one thing stuck in reading names before finding out what they were..

But your pictures still manage to surprise me haha (I envisioned a British guy with suspenders for some reason)[/QUOTE]I actually posted at the RPG Fan forum (although that may not be what you are referring to, and one of its old members had "The Mana (insert something)" in his AIM name, giving me that idea to attach to Knight.

My general online identity used to be Lawndartz. I got sick of it so I wanted to change it (specifically in AIM). But every name I wanted was taken. So out of frustrating I kinda mashed the keyboard and "maklershed" was what showed up. I thought it sounded interesting or like it meant something so I went with it.

My general online identity used to be Lawndartz or a variation of it. I got sick of it so I wanted to change it (specifically in AIM). But every name I wanted was taken. So out of frustration I kinda mashed the keyboard and "maklershed" was what showed up. I thought it sounded interesting or like it meant something so I went with it.

Yes, actually. It's Gaelic. It essentially means 'Little Battle' or 'Small Warrior'.

Seeing how I'm 6'4" 210, the little doesn't really stick. :lol:

[quote name='Foo228']

lol more like most likely here...but sweet name nonetheless

any idea what the origin of the name is?[/quote]

I needed a username, and this randomly popped into my head. Probably helps that I'm way too obsessed with penguins.

Nowadays all new accounts are ZeroThePenguin, or if available, just Zero. I tend to go by Zero in life too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I needed a username, and this randomly popped into my head. Probably helps that I'm way too obsessed with penguins.

Nowadays all new accounts are ZeroThePenguin, or if available, just Zero. I tend to go by Zero in life too.[/QUOTE]

Zero in life? That's extreme.

[quote name='Moxio']Zero in life? That's extreme.[/quote]

I dislike my name, and prefer to be called anything but it. As long as I know someone is referring to me, I honestly don't care what they refer to me as.

I run around town, wearing a yellow zoot suit, and a mask... raping aple bodied college women, and selling their used panties on ebay, to pay for my gaming obsession.

used to be into Star Wars heavily in the early to mid 90's but then they hype machine kind of took the joy out of it but the name stuck since it is always the name i use playing games and for email for the past 10-15 years

and of course i was born in 1979

This was my AOL name for a long time. I wanted "Possum" after the phish song (ha!) which was already taken, so I went with "A possum" and that wasn't allowed or something, so it became "Apossum." some people think it's a misspelling of "opossum."

I stopped using AOL, but used it to register on this site just to check the deals forum, thinking I wouldn't post much. :lol:

[quote name='The Crotch']I just came here to make a tradelist...[/quote]

I googled something and I wanted to read it, and the forum software wouldn't let me unless I registered. I figured, why the hell not?

I figured something video game related would be appropriate, but didn't want to just call myself a video game. I'm a dork and proud to fly my nerd flag, but I do have some standards.

Landstalker on the Genesis is one of my all-time favorites. So I started with that. I put a 'b' in front of it, and got blandstalker. Stalkers are usually focused and intense, and I liked the the idea of a half-hearted, or bored stalker. Yeah, I might stalk you if I feel like it.

A couple of other threads that have done this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109392
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43302

My post from the OG thread:
I have always heard Hip-Hop since I was practically born in 1978. From K-Day to my older brother and his friends spinning Hip-Hop. From Dana Dane to Redman, I have always primarily listened to Hip-Hop. So out of no where comes this new group with a new sound that changed Hip-Hop and my life at the time. It was Wu-Tang. I could not get enough out of the group or the solo records at the time. So in the summer of 1994 a new Wu affiliate came out named Shyheim with the album AKA the Rugged Child. Although a little younger than me (I was a sophomore in high school) he was putting out Wu-Tang material at such a young age. I played that album everyday and one song always stood out. That song was track number thirteen called "4 the Headpiece". I used the headpiece and added the 747 because I was taller than most the people at my high school (6'2") and I thought my lyrics were over their head. Now you know the legend of headpiece747.

Ugh i hate my username now, because it's SO old and played..but whatev'

I r a small guy. I only 5'6" :whistle2:( So in high school clearly I was a bit shorter..and all my stereotypical black friends would call me Boo. Now one day, one of them called ANOTHER person BOO, and I was mad! So I said "That's not fair! I'm Boo!" and she said "LOL fine then you 'lil boo since you small!" ..and I got my first ethnic kiss w/o tongue!

^ twas a good day, and quite a few people called me "lil boo"..and my one friend currently shortened it and calls me "LB".

So yeah. That's MY back round story.

bread's done
Back