Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've got an extra code. I'll throw it up here if my friend who got me into the Shadowrun beta already has the COD4 beta or doesn't want it.

[quote name='Morpheus']I've got an extra code. I'll throw it up here if my friend who got me into the Shadowrun beta already has the COD4 beta or doesn't want it.[/QUOTE]
Let me know! ;)

[quote name='zewone']40-10.

Psh........

45-5.

Let me know when I actually have some competition.[/quote]
Guessing the two of you were in games with a bunch of the new players/crappy players.

In the week I've had it I have yet to see anyone get over 30 kills in a game. Then again I only play team deathmatch.

edit: Unrelated sidenote:

It cracks me up how some of the people who were pissing on the game last week are now all giddy with their tokens.

[quote name='pimpinc333']We should get a CAG game going. The CAGtac crew.......Zew, Trakan, Jimmie, and Myself vs anyone and we will win ;)[/QUOTE]

I want in! I'm not nearly as good as Zewone or Trakan but I certainly held my own against JimmieMac.

Seriously, why don't we have a little CAG COD4 match going?

[quote name='valor19']I want in! I'm not nearly as good as Zewone or Trakan but I certainly held my own against JimmieMac.

Seriously, why don't we have a little CAG COD4 match going?[/QUOTE]

We will. I say we set it up for Saturday Night. Zewone and Myself have Strats so we can't lose ;)

Valor I'm gonna send you a friend request right now. Accept it please.

[quote name='pimpinc333']We will. I say we set it up for Saturday Night. Zewone and Myself have Strats so we can't lose ;)

Valor I'm gonna send you a friend request right now. Accept it please.[/QUOTE]
I'll play with ya'll on Saturday night.

[quote name='Scorch']I give the fuck up. I signed up, still haven't got my code.

//edit: but I have the green star. doubleuteeeff[/QUOTE]

Same here , I'm hoping it arrives overnight .

[quote name='Scorch']I give the fuck up. I signed up, still haven't got my code.

//edit: but I have the green star. doubleuteeeff[/quote]

Well at least I am not alone.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']still waiting as well and i got the green star too :bomb:[/QUOTE]
green star? i still haven't gotten my invite either.
oh, i see.. on the cod forums, right? I have one, too.

Just played about 6 games and it's quite excellent. Helped that I scored 1st or 2nd in every game. I just moved into a new place and didnt think I'd get to try it out, even though I got my code yesterday, but luckily I found an un-secure wireless network :). I've got to be sucking their bandwith surfing and playing live.
I love America.

[quote name='levi333']Just played about 6 games and it's quite excellent. Helped that I scored 1st or 2nd in every game. I just moved into a new place and didnt think I'd get to try it out, even though I got my code yesterday, but luckily I found an un-secure wireless network :). I've got to be sucking their bandwith surfing and playing live.
I love America.[/quote]
:imwithst: Gotta love people who leave their networks unprotected (mostly old people)

quoted for justice! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

//edit: but I have the green star. doubleuteeeff[/quote]

I am also one of those "Star: Yes, Token: No" people. I've seen a lot of people saying that they haven't recieved their token yet either. It seems like if they're doing waves and everyone is getting token within 72 hours, they'll need to ship a few hundred thousand today.

P.S. Count me in for the Saturday thing, too.

Played for about an hour last night. Pretty decent graphics-wise. I believe there are 3 maps, but I was only able to play on 2 of them. I plan on putting more time into the game this weekend.

If any other CAGs get into the beta, feel free to send me an invite to play.:D

[quote name='Dijital']I just registered on the site now, how do I know if I will get in?[/QUOTE]
You won't this time around. The first wave is done. You'll have to keep checking for when they reopen it.

[quote name='Damian']You won't this time around. The first wave is done. You'll have to keep checking for when they reopen it.[/quote]

But once you're registered, you should be good to go for the next wave, correct? Meaning, a person won't have to register a second time?

[quote name='shieryda']But once you're registered, you should be good to go for the next wave, correct? Meaning, a person won't have to register a second time?[/quote]

Yup just register once so do it now so you don't have to do it right before the beta registration.

[quote name='shieryda']But once you're registered, you should be good to go for the next wave, correct? Meaning, a person won't have to register a second time?[/QUOTE]
He didn't register for the beta though, assuming he really did it right now. When you go to Charlie Oscar Delta you have to register for the site. Then you have to register for the beta. You can still register for the site of course, but when you click to register for the beta, they tell you it's closed and the Register button is now a Registration Closed button.

[quote name='Mex25']Still waiting for that fuckin token!!!![/quote]

Same... Shit, I'm still waiting for the activation link to register for the stupid site.

I just know they fucked this up too. All of us who dont have a token will never get one. That would be pretty par for the course for this whole thing.

Yeah, I haven't received my token yet... and despite the fact that I've got the green beta star on their forums, I have a bad feeling that I won't be receiving one. They have what, 7 hours left to distribute them? if even?

Just checked my email, and I am still missing my token. Hopefully it will show up sometime tonight, since I will actually have some time to give it a shot tonight.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Yeah, I haven't received my token yet... and despite the fact that I've got the green beta star on their forums, I have a bad feeling that I won't be receiving one. They have what, 7 hours left to distribute them? if even?[/QUOTE]
I wonder if infinity ward realizes how important this is. They aren't bungie who can fuck over the people who bought crackdown for the first few days and still sell a crap load of copies later on. I bet those who signed up on time and didn't get their token will end up being future non sales. Which will lead to bad word of mouth that also hurts sales.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']I wonder if infinity ward realizes how important this is. They aren't bungie who can fuck over the people who bought crackdown for the first few days and still sell a crap load of copies later on. I bet those who signed up on time and didn't get their token will end up being future non sales. Which will lead to bad word of mouth that also hurts sales.[/quote]

Well their beta is already vastly superior to bungies, so that's a step in the right direction. They are pretty much fucked either way though, considering how full November is with games.

Damn guys IV still has like 6 hours left to fulfill what they said. Most of you are acting like the time limit they said pasted. I dunno. I guess I would be the same way if I didn't have my code and wasn't playing this awesome beta ;)

[quote name='Logg']I am level 9 or so, this game is awesome.[/quote]

Oh rub it in. fuck activision and the makers of cod 2 for not letting us play this. i signed up the first day you could. NO TOKEN. NO EMAIL. im pissed.

Has anyone seen a breakdown for the HUD, I still can't figure it all out?

Also, anyone else have a problem running out of ammo? It seems my M16 will run out way too soon. Luckily most of the time I can find something on the floor that makes a good secondary.

no token for me either. :(

Was I supposed to receive a confirmation e-mail to show that i even registered with the site and registered to get a chance for the beta? I haven't received anything at all. :(

[quote name='MemphisGun']Oh rub it in. fuck activision and the makers of cod 2 for not letting us play this. i signed up the first day you could. NO TOKEN. NO EMAIL. im pissed.[/quote]

Same here, So pissed.

bread's done
Back