Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

well, after playing a bit, the multiplayer has warmed up a bit to me more. Though I think giving winning people more advantages a bit unbalanced. Things get a whole lot better if you kill 25 people with the m16, then you get the red dot which is tons better than the crappy ironsights that block everything. Then when you get the m4 you start kicking even more arse ;)

Well, free-for-all is nothing special to me. I wanted to try the larger team versus, but couldn't get into a game.

[quote name='Plac1d']Is there a word out when the beta concludes?[/quote]

No they haven't said anything about that yet.

Woke up and found a Beta Code in my inbox! :D Guess I'll have to clear out some HD space after work and try it out.

Have they implemented the party system and have we set up a CAG night yet? If not anyone want to set up some CAG parties?

Seems like this game will be a good candidate for a CAG Gaming Group get together once I get my act together.

My token came today, excited to try it out when I get home.

Im waiting impatiently, thats it....Im going to the store to buy razor blades, you hear me IW!!!! RAZOR BLADES TO CUT MYSELF WITH.

just kidding.

[quote name='Maynard']I'm still waiting patiently :([/quote]

Same, I was hoping it would be in my inbox when I got home from work, but I just checked and no luck.

So............maybe after I get done with class today?? ;)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Seems like this game will be a good candidate for a CAG Gaming Group get together once I get my act together.[/QUOTE]
I'm up for that!

Hell, I was seriously considered getting it started up myself.

I am downloading the beta as we speak, I can't wait to play it. Are any other CAGs playing it right now?

Damnit, I am getting that same "Downloading Game Settings" every time I start playing and it won't go away.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am downloading the beta as we speak, I can't wait to play it. Are any other CAGs playing it right now?

Damnit, I am getting that same "Downloading Game Settings" every time I start playing and it won't go away.[/QUOTE]

Keep it up there for 5-10 mins then exit to the Dashboard and try again.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am downloading the beta as we speak, I can't wait to play it. Are any other CAGs playing it right now?

Damnit, I am getting that same "Downloading Game Settings" every time I start playing and it won't go away.[/quote]

I just let it sit there for a few minutes and it finally went away. Hasn't happened since. Maybe it's something important?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Seems like this game will be a good candidate for a CAG Gaming Group get together once I get my act together.

My token came today, excited to try it out when I get home.[/QUOTE]
I'll join in. Just add me and invite if i'm online. Just make sure you say you're from CAG.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I'm up for that!

Hell, I was seriously considered getting it started up myself.[/quote]

You're more than welcome to. The key on getting a good turn out for game specific nights is to have someone really enthusiastic about the game in charge. That's why Gomer works so well running the Rainbow Six night.

If you're interested, let me know, we'll set up a night.

Waiting for my token as well. The funny thing is my friend got his before I did and I registered him because he wasn't around. I wouldn't be able to play till tomorrow anyway, so crossing fingers as my friend taunts me through text messaging saying how good it is.

Had a couple of good games with JimmieMac today. I was crushed ass. My last game I played I went 25 Kills with 3 Deaths. I was tearing it up. All that time spent playing COD3 didn't go to waste :D

Also does anyone agree that there needs to be some sort of medic class? I think it would be cool to heal those that are on there last stand.

Wow I just played for a few hours and this Beta is awesome. I can't wait for the real game.

Yeah I think medic to heal those on there last stand would be pretty cool.

[quote name='darthbudge']Wow I just played for a few hours and this Beta is awesome. I can't wait for the real game.

Yeah I think medic to heal those on there last stand would be pretty cool.[/quote]
YEAH SHUT IT

just on edge waiting.....

[quote name='Maynard']YEAH SHUT IT

just on edge waiting.....[/QUOTE]
Food for thought...

what if your code didn't come? ;)

[quote name='zewone']Food for thought...

what if your code didn't come? ;)[/quote]

If you go to the site it shows if your in or not. I am in as far as the site says, my question is what if it has already come......

[quote name='Maynard']If you go to the site it shows if your in or not. I am in as far as the site says, my question is what if it has already come......[/quote]

Where does it show that? I signed up my little sis but she hasn't gotten a code yet either.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Where does it show that? I signed up my little sis but she hasn't gotten a code yet either.[/quote]

If you go to the site and sign in and post and you have a Green Star that says Beta 4 that means that your getting a code :)

I'm wondering where it shows that also. Oh nevermind just saw your post. Just checked and I do have a green star but I still didn't get my code either.

[quote name='Maynard']If you go to the site and sign in and post and you have a Green Star that says Beta 4 that means that your getting a code :)[/quote]

Thanks...I do show a green star as well.

[quote name='Maynard']If you go to the site and sign in and post and you have a Green Star that says Beta 4 that means that your getting a code :)[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, I've got one.

So, it's coming.. I just wish it would get here already.

Ugh...I'm not having any luck getting around this "Downloading Game Settings" screen. Left it up for a good 10-15 minutes. Nothing. Quit to Dashboard. Repeat. Nothing. Shut Down. Repeat. Nothing.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Ugh...I'm not having any luck getting around this "Downloading Game Settings" screen. Left it up for a good 10-15 minutes. Nothing. Quit to Dashboard. Repeat. Nothing. Shut Down. Repeat. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. After quitting a couple times to the dashboard, it finally worked. It happened to me last night as well.

Also, I played last night and who do I see but the infamous JimmieMac and, of course, Zewone. And Zewone kicked all kinds of ass!

[quote name='valor19']I had the same problem. After quitting a couple times to the dashboard, it finally worked. It happened to me last night as well.

Also, I played last night and who do I see but the infamous JimmieMac and, of course, Zewone. And Zewone kicked all kinds of ass![/QUOTE]
Ah, that was you.

Yeah, Jim said he recognized your gamertag from CAG.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Oh cool, I've got one.

So, it's coming.. I just wish it would get here already.[/quote]
Same here. I can't wait to get my token.

[quote name='zewone']If you're feeling generous, could I get that code from you? :)

I have a friend who didn't make it in.[/quote]

I think I'm gonna pick up a 1-month card w/ the 10% off coupon from GS today... We'll see.

bread's done
Back