Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

So, the beta is officially over :( I only got to play a few times....great game though. I guess I can delete the BETA now to free up some HDD space.

fuck! I downloaded it yesterday and got too caught up in halo to check it out. oh well, hopefully there's a demo for the PC version before it hits retail.

I am SOOOOOOOOO happy that I got into the beta. The two minutes I played before my 360 fucked me with the red ring of death was some of the greatest gaming I ever played .... actually it sucked because people kept making fun of me being at level 1.

Oh well, I'll probably still pick it up.

Thanks MS for producing a product that is shotty, fuckers.

[quote name='tilcfast']beta was awesome totally getting this game[/quote]

I heartily agree. I already have this reserved. By time this comes out Im sure I will be sick of Halo.

Wow, it felt like there was hardly any time to play after they raised the level cap above 16. Oh well. It's not an instant buy for me this year, but next year after the price drops, it'll be on my list of games to look out for.

Is it true that there is a way to actually keep your ranking? If so then this is gonna be a Must Buy for me. Otherwise the beta was freaking great!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Is it true that there is a way to actually keep your ranking? If so then this is gonna be a Must Buy for me. Otherwise the beta was freaking great![/QUOTE]
No. Nothing carries over. How would that be fair in any way?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Is it true that there is a way to actually keep your ranking? If so then this is gonna be a Must Buy for me. Otherwise the beta was freaking great![/quote]

If the beta was so great then just get the game anyways. How long does it take to get to level 25? a few hours.

I hope they change/fix some of the maps, there were a couple people on every other server I played on that would camp on roofs of building they werent supposed to be on.

Needless to say, it will be a day one pick up for me.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I Only got up to 18 then Halo 3 came out and it all stopped. I guess it's still a toss up for me.[/QUOTE]
CoD 4 destroys Halo 3. Utterly. There is no contest. Halo 3 is nice right now for the lull between the end of the beta and the release of the game.*

*This is my opinion. This is a CoD 4 thread. I'm glad you think Halo 3 is the best thing since masturbation and I'm happy you're having fun. Perhaps you should be playing it rather than reading threads about inferior games.

[quote name='Damian']CoD 4 destroys Halo 3. Utterly. There is no contest. Halo 3 is nice right now for the lull between the end of the beta and the release of the game.*

*This is my opinion. This is a CoD 4 thread. I'm glad you think Halo 3 is the best thing since masturbation and I'm happy you're having fun. Perhaps you should be playing it rather than reading threads about inferior games.[/quote]

I never said Halo 3 is the best thing since masturbation. All i said was that since halo 3 came out i havnt played COD4 that much. No need to get nasty at all. Jeez.

Guess I'll have to see what Single Player is like untill my mind is really made up

And as somebody said before. Once they raised the cap it seemed like there was no time to play really.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I never said Halo 3 is the best thing since masturbation. All i said was that since halo 3 came out i havnt played COD4 that much. No need to get nasty at all. Jeez.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't referring to you specifically, sorry if I gave you that impression. You're clearly into both. It was aimed at the over sensitive fanboys in the Halo threads who seem to think that if you don't believe Halo was the second coming then you obviously must hate it and shouldn't be allowed to play it.

Ahh ok! I gotcha. I was just checking heh. I did like the multiplayer alot. I got really good with the noob cannon (auto sniper heh) and my cousin got extremely good with the SAW with the acog scope. I think if he buys it then im gonna buy it for sure.

[quote name='sasukekun']I hope they change/fix some of the maps, there were a couple people on every other server I played on that would camp on roofs of building they werent supposed to be on.

Needless to say, it will be a day one pick up for me.[/QUOTE]

I think it was mentioned (probably in this thread somewhere) that any player that accesses a part of the map they aren't supposed to get to will be instantly killed. So it will be fixed in the final version.

[quote name='ZForce915']I think it was mentioned (probably in this thread somewhere) that any player that accesses a part of the map they aren't supposed to get to will be instantly killed. So it will be fixed in the final version.[/QUOTE]
It came from fourzerotwo's blog.

Map Exploits / Jumps:
Lots of reports have come in about being able to get on certain ledges or areas of the map not intended for players to get to. All of these have been addressed and kill switched in the final game. Therefore, any player attempting to exploit these spots in the final version of the game will instantly be killed. These include any place the player is given an unfair advantage over another player.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Im a Collector's Edition whore. Should I go for this one or not?
Or just regular?[/QUOTE]
It has the standard issue fare for a CE; an art book, a "making of" and a special forces documentary. Depends on how valuable those things are to you.

For those of you guys who played the beta, can you tell me how this stacks up against R6:Vegas? My friends and I play Vegas all the time and really enjoy it.
I've been looking around the web and I can't seem to find any info on this games multiplayer besides the basic deathmatches. Will this game have Co-op Campaigne and things like team terriost hunt? Is the Campaigne more like a Ghost Recon with wide open area's where you can coordinate attacks and be sneaky? Or is it more swat stlye like Rainbow?
If I am asking things that can be answered on a website, please point me in the right direction, I just can't seem to find the info. I'm looking for. The develpers site is just a bland description of the game.

Thanks

[quote name='hx214']For those of you guys who played the beta, can you tell me how this stacks up against R6:Vegas? My friends and I play Vegas all the time and really enjoy it.

Thanks[/quote]

Comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. I loved CoD4, vegas not so much. This game is very fast paced. Also, the game is inconsistent. If you are owning one group of people with the MP5 one game, you may or may not own the next group with a MP5 and may need to hange up your style to meet the opposition.

[quote name='hx214']For those of you guys who played the beta, can you tell me how this stacks up against R6:Vegas? My friends and I play Vegas all the time and really enjoy it.
I've been looking around the web and I can't seem to find any info on this games multiplayer besides the basic deathmatches. Will this game have Co-op Campaigne and things like team terriost hunt? Is the Campaigne more like a Ghost Recon with wide open area's where you can coordinate attacks and be sneaky? Or is it more swat stlye like Rainbow?
If I am asking things that can be answered on a website, please point me in the right direction, I just can't seem to find the info. I'm looking for. The develpers site is just a bland description of the game.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

COD4 is a ton better IMO. I dislike all Ubisoft games online for some reason. Maybe it's because they tweak the graphics to look like aids.

Hey thanks guys,

Any info about a multiplayer campaign or players vs. computer type set up?

It's kinda odd to me that you say its very fast paced. I thought with the ghillie suits and satellite support and things, it would be more tactical

[quote name='hx214']Hey thanks guys,

Any info about a multiplayer campaign or players vs. computer type set up?

It's kinda odd to me that you say its very fast paced. I thought with the ghillie suits and satellite support and things, it would be more tactical[/QUOTE]

It's not fast paced for me. I like to take it slow and not die. You can consider it fast paced when you always run and gun and give away your position and die, constantly respawning and doing the same stupid shit over again.

It's the best thing I've played all year, right ahead of Bioshock and Halo ... and that's just the beta. I think if you enjoyed R6 Vegas, you'd like COD4. Like Pim said, it's up to you to dictate the pace. You can run and gun with an MP5, or you can crouch and pop with a shotty, or you can keep your distance and snipe foos. I'm really excited for this game.

Hey sounds good guys. I think I'll have to pull the trigger at buy.com with google checkout and get it for 50. man between this, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed my credit card is going to scream this month.

(Here's keeping my fingers crossed for Co-op campaign)

[quote name='hx214']Hey sounds good guys. I think I'll have to pull the trigger at buy.com with google checkout and get it for 50. man between this, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed my credit card is going to scream this month.

(Here's keeping my fingers crossed for Co-op campaign)[/quote]

Or use yourfree360games. Trust me, your wallet will thank you when you survive this holiday season by getting 5 games for around 25 dollars.

I've been looking around the web and I can't seem to find any info on this games multiplayer besides the basic deathmatches. Will this game have Co-op Campaigne and things like team terriost hunt? Is the Campaigne more like
a Ghost Recon with wide open area's where you can coordinate attacks and be sneaky? Or is it more swat stlye like Rainbow?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I made elite on RSV and I played the COD4 beta since day 3.

RSV seemed way outdated and slow in comparison to COD4 when I played the beta then jumped back on to RSV.

They both have a decent variety of guns, with the same amount of classes, but COD4 seems to balance out the gameplay better. COD4's controls are easier & it has smoother gameplay with way better visuals/graphics.

You can sprint, cook grenades, lay prone, & melee on COD4.

[quote name='help1']Comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. I loved CoD4, vegas not so much. This game is very fast paced. Also, the game is inconsistent. If you are owning one group of people with the MP5 one game, you may or may not own the next group with a MP5 and may need to hange up your style to meet the opposition.[/QUOTE]

I disagree that it is inconsistent. The perks & variety of different weapons basically allow you to add/make attributes to your character classes to fit the way you want to play the game (run n gun, mid range, close combat, snipering, & etc) so it wasn't exactly the fact that you couldn't kill one person with a MP5 and not another with a MP5 but the fact that died due to perk combination.

example:
MP5 player 1:
perk 1: extra secondary grenade x3
perk 2: UAV jammer
perk 3: extreme condition (extra sprint stamina)

or

MP5 player 2:
perk 1: extra secondary grenade x3
perk 2: Juggernaut (increased health)
Perk 3: steady aim (better non-zoom hip fire)

By switching between custom classes during a match (after death) you can combat what your enemy is doing by changing up your character & role during. Also, you have 5 default classes sub, light, sniper, shotgun, & assault.

Each of the 3 levels on the beta had their own layout and strategy. It's good to have 4-5 different weapon sets & perk combinations. IMO, you should try to get good with every gun type.

Anyway, If you like FPS games COD4 is a buy at release game. Don't waste $$ on renting it, between the singleplayer & multiplayer I guarentee you'll like it one way or another.

Anybody have a description or a list or a picture of the upcoming collector's edition? I've taken a backseat to games recently so I havne't kept up that much as I should since I've been extrememly busy. I'm definitely going to be getting back into it and this for sure.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody have a description or a list or a picture of the upcoming collector's edition? I've taken a backseat to games recently so I havne't kept up that much as I should since I've been extrememly busy. I'm definitely going to be getting back into it and this for sure.[/QUOTE]
From Gamestop.com
The Xbox 360 Limited Collector's Edition includes an exclusive Bonus DVD and exclusive Hardcover Art Book. The DVD includes a series of "Making Of" Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare vignettes that explore how the game was created from four perspectives - Research, Technology, Story and Multiplayer. The DVD also includes a documentary of the British S.A.S. The documentary explores everything from how the S.A.S. was born to its role in WWII and Desert Storm. Rounding out the Limited Collector's Edition Bonus DVD is a level walk-through by developer Infinity Ward, as well as some of the campaign's best trailers. All in all, the DVD contains nearly 4 hours of content! In addition to the Bonus DVD, the Xbox 360 Limited Collector's Edition also includes an exclusive Hardcover Art Book. Narrated by Infinity Ward's developers and artists, the Art Book features never-before-seen concept, development and final in-game artwork, as told from the unique perspective of the team that has won two consecutive "Game of the Year" awards.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly crap...it is next week...Now I'm not sure about getting Simpsons this week...hmm[/QUOTE]
Buddy Holly crap.

Yeah, that second set of shots is very impressive.

I need this game. I'm willing to pay retail. That says a lot.

bread's done
Back