Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Puffa469']I put it back about 6-8 feet from the top of the steps.[/quote]

So you're that guy...Bastard! ;)

I like the Iron Lungs perk for when I am sniping, it really does help I can sometimes get 2-3 quick kills while using that one. The Sprint is one of those that I use off and on, but isn't a must.

Love Juggernaut and Overkill though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I haven't played MP in the longest time, but is there Friendly Fire with Claymores? Or are they only triggered by enemies? I seem to recall seeing icons on screen to mark them, but I always walked around them, just in case.[/quote]

If an enemy shoots them, they can hurt you.

New patch and update coming...

Hey Everyone --

I wanted to give you the heads up on a lot of cool changes coming to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer for the Xbox 360 in the month of December. Before you ask, there is no ETA on these changes, most are included in the upcoming patch, with all the playlists stuff happening independently at some point in the near future.

All of these changes are thanks to YOUR direct feedback and suggestions through Xbox.com forums, emails, IMing me personally, and any other way you managed to get your feedback to us. So what can you expect?

Multiplayer Playlist Changes:

The multiplayer playlists in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are always evolving based on community feedback and stats we track behind the scenes. We're focused on constantly keeping the game fresh and tweaking it based on your feedback, so expect the following Playlist changes to be hitting soon:

Team Deathmatch

* Map Added to Rotation: Showdown - now available in map rotation.

Mercenary Team Deathmatch

* Brand New Playlists: No Clans / Parties allowed.
* Players who don't want to be matchmade with clans (or people in parties) can team up with fellow lone wolves and play some TDM.

Free-for-All

* Score Limit Change: 100 Points

Domination

* Map Added to Rotation: Ambush - now available in map rotation.
* Map Added to Rotation: Bloc- now available in map rotation.
* Map Added to Rotation: Pipeline - now availalbe in map rotation.

Ground War

* No changes.

Sabatoge

Headquarters

Search and Destroy

Team Tactical

Hardcore Team Deathmatch

* Brand New Playlist: 100% Hardcore Team Deathmatch Only
* No longer switched between Hardcore Search and Destroy and Hardcore Team Deathmatch

Hardcore Search and Destroy

* Brand New Playlist: 100% Hardcore Search and Destroy Only
* No longer switched between Hardcore Search and Destroy and Hardcore Team Deathmatch

Old School

* Rule Set Change: Free-for-All Only w/ Old School Rules
* Increased Health (slightly)
* No Health Re-gen
* Score Limit Change: 100 points

Cage Match

* Rule Set Change: No Longer Old School Mode
* 1 v 1: Normal Rules
* Map Added to Rotation: Countdown - now availalbe in map rotation
* Map Added to Rotation: District - now available in map rotation

Oldcore

* Playlist Removed

Team Objective

* Playlist Removed
* All gametypes included now available individually.

Upcoming Patch Updates (Seperate from above Playlist changes):

Addition of Host Migration

* If Host of lobby leaves, all players will be deposited back to the lobby where next best host will be selected before new game restarts. Players will no longer be kicked out of game entirely.

Improved Network Performance For Larger Games

* 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.

Optimized Server Selection for First Match

* Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.

Updated Spectator "Chase Cam"

* Change Spectator Mode: Switch between First Person and Third Person.
* 360 Degree rotation around character you're spectating.

Fixed "Playlist Older Than Host" Error

* Player will no longer get error when entering games.

Optimized Corrupt Create-a-Class Handling

* Players will no longer be kicked from game when their create-a-class data is corrupted.

Added Kill Cam To Everything

* Kill Cam view Added: Air Strike Bombs (Follows bomb from plane to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Grenades (Follows frag from hand to ground, then rotates to view target)
* Kill Cam view Added: RPGs (Follows RPG from launch to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: M203 Rounds (Follows round from launcher to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Claymores (Views from behind claymore until explosion)
* Kill Cam view Added: C4 Packs (View from pack rotating to watch target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Martrdom (View from grenade rotating to watch target)

Optimized Old School Experience

* Added Unlimited Sprint
* Doubled Magazine Size
* Added Ragdoll Cam

Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps

* Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.

Optimized Sniper Rifle / ACOG Scope Accuracy

* Sniper Rifles and ACOG scope accuracy improved due to fix.

Fixed Weapon Sprint Bug

* Bug which gave players more sprint when using particular weapons.

Thanks again for your constant feedback and support of the game, keep in mind that playlists are constantly evolving, so everything is subject to change based on feedback and results. If we feel something isn't fun or based on your feedback we'll continue to change it up and I'll continue to keep you in the loop.

Thanks everyone.

Sounds like it should be good...

EDIT: I know some of the stuff was already known (i.e. Air strike kill cam)

Addition of Host Migration

* If Host of lobby leaves, all players will be deposited back to the lobby where next best host will be selected before new game restarts. Players will no longer be kicked out of game entirely.

GOOD!
Hate that crap.

[quote name='zewone']I thought extra sprint for certain guns, was on purpose.

Sad to see my extra running gone with my P90.[/quote]I know. It seems like it makes sense to have longer sprint with a SMG rather than an Assault Rifle.

[quote name='help1']Thanks mvp828.[/quote]

No problem.

I am just hoping it happens somewhat soon.

[quote name='Negronometry']I know. It seems like it makes sense to have longer sprint with a SMG rather than an Assault Rifle.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing, but at the same time I guess I don't care, seeing as I like to use the LGMs a lot.

Optimized Sniper Rifle / ACOG Scope Accuracy

Maybe the ACOG scope will be useful now, because as far as I'm concerned it's been worthless.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Optimized Sniper Rifle / ACOG Scope Accuracy

Maybe the ACOG scope will be useful now, because as far as I'm concerned it's been worthless.[/quote]

Yea it has, although I did kind of like it on the M21.

[quote name='tokitoki50']Optimized Sniper Rifle / ACOG Scope Accuracy

Maybe the ACOG scope will be useful now, because as far as I'm concerned it's been worthless.[/quote]

Yeah, I was all happy and giddy with excitement when I unlocked the ACOG scope for the 50 Cal. Barreta...About 600 shots later and 2 kills, What the shit is this!? The recoil is fucken ridiculous!!

Id have a better chance killing someone by throwing the damn Scope at the enemy.

The update is still fail for me.

Why no true party system?

Pretty annoying to invite everyone back into my lobby whenever a map we all hate comes up and we leave...

[quote name='A Happy Panda']The update is still fail for me.

Why no true party system?

Pretty annoying to invite everyone back into my lobby whenever a map we all hate comes up and we leave...[/QUOTE]
That must be a personal problem, I don't have to invite people back into my party.

They just need to back out after the host does.

[quote name='joe2187']Yeah, I was all happy and giddy with excitement when I unlocked the ACOG scope for the 50 Cal. Barreta...About 600 shots later and 2 kills, What the shit is this!? The recoil is fucken ridiculous!!

Id have a better chance killing someone by throwing the damn Scope at the enemy.[/quote]i have killed someone by throwing a stun grenade at their head. it counted as one of those up close grenade launcher kills.

[quote name='zewone']I thought extra sprint for certain guns, was on purpose.

Sad to see my extra running gone with my P90.[/quote]

I thought the length of sprint you got was dependent on the weight of the crap you were carrying?

A guy with a mini uzi shoudl be able to sprint more than a guy with an assault rifle and a couple of claymores.

I started using the silencer on the M14 and I must say that I now love this gun. It is a great substitute for the G3 because it gives more damage, couple that with the Stopping Power perk and then add a silencer and this gun is almost a godsend. If you are one of the people who hate aiming down the sights without a red dot it might take some getting used to but I find myself doing quite well with this setup.

I Dont understand this at all, WHY CANT I FIND A GAME!!!

I dont think this problem is just from COD4 for me, I tried getting online in the Burnout Demo and it just stood there for half an hour till i restarted the machine.

I can download Demo's and everything else fine, but everytime i try and find a game...NO DICE.

Anyone else have some Advice, I checked my connections, im not downloading anything...This is the first time ive encountered this problem.

* Kill Cam view Added: Grenades (Follows frag from hand to ground, then rotates to view target)

This could be fucking awesome if it's like some sort of matrix thing where when it hits the ground, it rotates behind you in slow motion and the explosion starts to happen.

I might actually watch kill cams for that.

[quote name='zewone']That must be a personal problem, I don't have to invite people back into my party.

They just need to back out after the host does.[/QUOTE]

It seems to be hit and miss for me. If I go in with a larger party, say 4 people, it's never surprising to me when I have to re-invite at least one person back in after I initially back out.

[quote name='greattastic']I don't like the shortening of free for all matches, 30 kills was a good limit.[/quote]

Technically it was 150 pts, not 30 kills. You get 10 pts for UAV's, Airstrikes, and Helos.

[quote name='Puffa469']Technically it was 150 pts, not 30 kills. You get 10 pts for UAV's, Airstrikes, and Helos.[/quote]
those 10 pts go to you leveling up, not your score

[quote name='elsnow77']those 10 pts go to you leveling up, not your score[/quote]

Yup, those points didn't go to your score in the match, just your EXP.

[quote name='help1']Yup, those points didn't go to your score in the match, just your EXP.[/quote]

Really? hmm, learn something new every day.

I just finished the game this morning on default diffictulty.

The single player campaign is spectacular IMO. The last time I had that much of a rush on a single player FPS game was for Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force on the PC. Everything about CoD4 just screams polish. The chatter, the atmosphere, the adrenaline. Nothing else quite like it. I have only dabbled a bit in the multiplayer, but the single player is one of the best experiences I have ever had gaming.

I think you were smart to play through it on the default difficulty. I went through most of it on Hardened (some on Veteran) and the tactics that I was forced to rely on at times sort of spoiled parts of the game. Whenever I get around to playing through arcade mode, it'll be on the standard difficulty to avoid the whole "I hate this fucking game" mood that Hardened/Veteran put me in at times.

Yeah so far there was only one part where I had to play sort of cheap to get past a checkpoint. At the part during the ferris wheel where you had to hold off hordes of baddies while waitin for chopper support, I just hid in a booth and covered the door. Grenades were going off all around but none killed me.

When the chopper arrived I just sprinted to pick up my gimpy buddy and hauled ass out of there.

[quote name='pittpizza']Yeah so far there was only one part where I had to play sort of cheap to get past a checkpoint. At the part during the ferris wheel where you had to hold off hordes of baddies while waitin for chopper support, I just hid in a booth and covered the door. Grenades were going off all around but none killed me.

When the chopper arrived I just sprinted to pick up my gimpy buddy and hauled ass out of there.[/quote]That's the only level where I had to tone down the damn difficulty.

[quote name='dallow']In prestige, do all your challenges get reset? Or just rank?[/quote]

Challenges reset too. Which is good, cos if they didnt it would take forever to level back up.

The only things that dont reset are clan tag, and playlist.

Ah, screw it. I'll stay at 55 when I reach it.
Really don't want to do the damn headshot challenges with all the weapons again.

[quote name='Puffa469']Challenges reset too. Which is good, cos if they didnt it would take forever to level back up.

The only things that dont reset are clan tag, and playlist.[/quote]
Damn...prestige sounds gay. I just don't see myself doing it.

[quote name='dastly75']The whole level up system is cool but I play for fun so I doubt I'm going to do prestige.[/QUOTE]
I didnt do prestige either. I'd rather complete all the challenges for the golden weapons

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Damn...prestige sounds gay. I just don't see myself doing it.[/quote]

I thought so too

Right now im on my first Prestige, The Medal with the Lil Silver Eagle at about Level 43.

It gets alot easier to do the challenges a second time over, you get to know all the tips and tricks it takes to complete them. and headshots become a Cinch.

Ive already finished all the Headshot Challenges for the G3, M16, the M404 Sniper.

I like it alot, but im still kind of undecided if im going to do it again.

Downpour went from a decent map to a fun map for me today. I flanked around the team and noticed a group of 3 moving. I ran up, knifed all 3, and then circled around to the same spot to see a fourth person running the same spot. Knifed. Fun times indeed.

[quote name='RawisJericho']The new kill cams sound cool. I wish they would remove the sniper kill cam tough.[/quote]

Why?...Thats the best kill Cam

When some jerk from halfway across the Map starts killing your teamates and yourself like a goddamn Genocide, The Sniper should be smart enough not to sit in the same spot for too long or else his ass is grass

Use a bit of strategy, I managed to get a 17 kill streak In countdown sniping the idiots scrambling for the headquarters in the middle. Stationing yourself at the top of the trucks is a good sniping position...but will also get you killed the fastest if someone is smart enough to watch the kill cam and flank your ass.

[quote name='joe2187']Why?...Thats the best kill Cam

When some jerk from halfway across the Map starts killing your teamates and yourself like a goddamn Genocide, The Sniper should be smart enough not to sit in the same spot for too long or else his ass is grass

Use a bit of strategy, I managed to get a 17 kill streak In countdown sniping the idiots scrambling for the headquarters in the middle. Stationing yourself at the top of the trucks is a good sniping position...but will also get you killed the fastest if someone is smart enough to watch the kill cam and flank your ass.[/quote]

I just don't think it is fair for the sniper location to be given away just by watching the kill cam. Instead of the kill cam they should have an increased radius on the radar when the rifle is shot. Someone in a guile suit that is well hidden in the grass should not have their position given away by the kill cam is all that I'm saying.

bread's done
Back