Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Yes. All your challenges are reset. The only thing that stays the same is your clan tag and your stats (leaderboard stats). Of course, your logo does change too.[/QUOTE]

You also keep your unlocked playlists.

I really hope the double XP playlists are gone by now. I wanted to outline my thesis this weekend, but got too distracted. While I didn't go as crazy as some CAGS (only went from level 4 to 32 in my 1st prestige), I still spent too much time on COD4 this weekend. My adviser will be mad if I don't make some progress. :cry:

[quote name='Callandor']You also keep your unlocked playlists.

I really hope the double XP playlists are gone by now. I wanted to outline my thesis this weekend, but got too distracted. While I didn't go as crazy as some CAGS (only went from level 4 to 32 in my 1st prestige), I still spent too much time on COD4 this weekend. My adviser will be mad if I don't make some progress. :cry:[/quote]

Just tell him about the double XP weekend - how could he not understand? :lol:

[quote name='RudyPants']Just tell him about the double XP weekend - how could he not understand? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Or I can just outline my thesis tonight and make sure he doesn't find out. I would like to graduate this summer. :cool:

Then again, I can feel the hot, sexy lure of headquarters and search/destroy on Chinatown and Broadcast, beckoning to me with its siren's song, breaking down my will with each passing chord...

[quote name='Callandor']Or I can just outline my thesis tonight and make sure he doesn't find out. I would like to graduate this summer. :cool:

Then again, I can feel the hot, sexy lure of headquarters and search/destroy on Chinatown and Broadcast, beckoning to me with its siren's song, breaking down my will with each passing chord...[/quote]

i still have about 5 articles and a paper due this week that haven't been started because of cod4. hopefully double xp is over or their not getting done tonight either.

Yeah, it's extended through tonight. Tomorrow morning, double XP ends and new maps are integrated into the regular playlists. I can finally play Killhouse in a non-private match!

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, I had so much to do last weekend, but double XP won out. Tonight is crunch time.[/quote]

2nrd5xd.jpg

My highlight of the new map weekend was sneaking past the entire other team on Chinatown and getting on the machine gun right behind them and bathing the streets in blood. Took out the entire team and got them as they respawned and came running back for 10+ kills just from the mounted gun. Sad thing is I did this again to a lesser degree and ended up with 34 kills and 3 deaths. Before the match I needed 4 kills to finish the P90 challenge and although that was my equipped gun I came up one kill short thanks to the MG/air support/chopper.

I needed a round like that to ease my k/d. I like the new maps, but with so many two level areas the UAV maps look a little too jumbled and confusing to me. I didn't get to play until late Saturday and I got killed a lot because of my unfamiliarity with the levels compared to people who played all day. In a lobby someone pointed out how nice it was to only have more veteran players in the games, which got me thinking so I went back to playing the regular maps and saw very few high levels or prestiges and I had a bunch of really good matches to ease my k/d back up a little bit!

Finally hit prestige again. Yay for double XP on monday! I'm done now.. seriously got carpal tunnel sunday (couldn't feel left thumb; from all the constant running). I'm such a fucking loser. Because of double XP, I saved 3 days of playtime. 3 days of rest for me. woot.

BTW, here's another amazing true C4 story. On friday, before I got the new maps, I played team tactical on Crash. I used C4 the whole game. Anyhow, I was on the third story building (near helicopter) and went to the roof. Not knowing where the enemy is, and no radar, I randomly throw a C4 over the fence toward the side of the helicopter. It goes up a little then drops down to the ground really fast. I didn't know if it hit the ground or not, but I blew it up after a second and killed someone. Amazing lucky C4. =d

DOUBLE XP WEEKEND. OH YEAH. CATCH THE FEVER.

Still haven't played Killhouse, I really enjoy Creek as well as Chinatown. Broadcast i'm not really fond of, really fuckin' bland.

So I went over to my buddies place to play today and I almost popped a vein playing HQ. It turns out a clan we were playing against all had some kind of hack. I'm not completely sure but here's what happened:

We started capturing most of the HQs when suddenly the other team started to use automatic G3's! This was very abnormal. I do not believe any human finger could pull the trigger this fast. I started getting angry and soon enough I was going to leave. When suddenly my team finally captures another HQ. We were so damn close! But we ended up losing. I should have left after the first sign of the G3's. ;(

[quote name='Littlefields']So I went over to my buddies place to play today and I almost popped a vein playing HQ. It turns out a clan we were playing against all had some kind of hack. I'm not completely sure but here's what happened:

We started capturing most of the HQs when suddenly the other team started to use automatic G3's! This was very abnormal. I do not believe any human finger could pull the trigger this fast. I started getting angry and soon enough I was going to leave. When suddenly my team finally captures another HQ. We were so damn close! But we ended up losing. I should have left after the first sign of the G3's. ;([/quote]

Ohh the wonders of the Modded controller.
Out of all my time playing COD4 i think i ran into about 2 times.
I know they had modded controllers because pistols arent suppose to shoot faster then a P90 :hot:, i saw via killcams.

Its not a hack but they hardware modified the 360 controller to have turbo triggers.

No more. Please, Infinity Ward, no more double XP after tonight. I don't think I can take it anymore...

On the plus side, I think my new favorite gun is an AK-74u w/ red dot.

[quote name='Littlefields']I really should have filed a complaint to them. I usually don't so stuff like that, but they almost made me piss my pants from anger.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh...are you sure they weren't using the doubletap perk? You know...the one that lets you shoot faster, maybe even TWICE as fast.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Uhhh...are you sure they weren't using the doubletap perk? You know...the one that lets you shoot faster, maybe even TWICE as fast.[/quote]

That only works with automatic weapons. It's probably a turbo trigger.

You can shoot pistols and semi-auto weapons as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's not hard, but I cant really shoot too accurately when doing it.

it is hard to tell, but most people can not shoot the g3 extremely fast. it is possible to do, but i don't see how anyone could really do it and still really move their character, i would honestly have to move the controller in a weird position to be able to pull the trigger so fast that it seemed like it was an automatic.

Yea the "turbo" controllers are pretty annoying, they turn G3's into accurate Uzi's. Can tell by the sound of weapons when they fire that they are cheating. Doesnt matter how fast your finger is they unload a clip in about half a second.

[quote name='sasukekun']You can shoot pistols and semi-auto weapons as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's not hard, but I cant really shoot too accurately when doing it.[/quote]

Yea but can you empty a full pistol clip in less than one second with 1 inch of recoil no less.

But then again i have only saw this happen to me personally 2 times, 3 times max.
So it doesn't really bother me.

[quote name='-BigC-']Yea the "turbo" controllers are pretty annoying, they turn G3's into accurate Uzi's. Can tell by the sound of weapons when they fire that they are cheating. Doesnt matter how fast your finger is they unload a clip in about half a second.[/QUOTE]

The G3 coupled with the the steady aim perk and a turbo controller is a deadly, accurate machine gun. You do point out the one limitation of this configuration - The clip on the G3 is rather small, so they run out of bullets quickly. I would imagine that the Bandoleer and Slight of Hand perks are also necessary.

Some people use turbo controllers for this. Others mod their existing controllers. Anyone who doubts the accuracy of this type of setup should take a look at this video.

[quote name='Callandor']No more. Please, Infinity Ward, no more double XP after tonight. I don't think I can take it anymore...

On the plus side, I think my new favorite gun is an AK-74u w/ red dot.[/quote]

Scratch that Infinity Ward :whistle2:#.....he didn't mean it.

[quote name='DCriminal']The G3 coupled with the the steady aim perk and a turbo controller is a deadly, accurate machine gun. You do point out the one limitation of this configuration - The clip on the G3 is rather small, so they run out of bullets quickly. I would imagine that the Bandoleer and Slight of Hand perks are also necessary.

Some people use turbo controllers for this. Others mod their existing controllers. Anyone who doubts the accuracy of this type of setup should take a look at this video.[/quote]

That was some sick sh!t. Funny b/c before I saw this I thought of doing the same thing because my right trigger finger is twitchy (scarred arthritic nuckle) except I was going to make it a lot slower. Another interesting note was when I played COD4 on my buddies PS3 they have the aim and fire buttons mapped to the L1/R1 buttons instead of the triggers (similar to the 360 shoulder buttons) allowing for faster shooting b/c they have much less play.

I'll be on most of the night, I'm open to any games.

I've only played team DM, I'll be willing to play other modes if any CAGers will teach me.

On another note, does anyone know how to make it so that voice communication only goes through the headset? It works when I was using the stock speakers in my TV, but when I hook my Xbox 360 through optical to a 5.1 system, and no matter how I tweak the settings in the Personal tab, voice comm still goes through the speakers.

[quote name='menikmati']I'll be on most of the night, I'm open to any games.

I've only played team DM, I'll be willing to play other modes if any CAGers will teach me.[/quote]

How about a gamertag? You should put it in your profile.

[quote name='woodcan']How about a gamertag? You should put it in your profile.[/quote]

wtf? I could've sworn I've put my GT in my profile for a long while, probably got wiped when CAG was under construction or something, fixed.

[quote name='twen']Still going, I'm on if any CAGers want to play.[/quote]

I would play if I was home now twen, but i wont be on till 9pm or so tonight

[quote name='zewone']Double XP is gone. :cry:

That's okay.

I was able to go about 80 levels are so over the weekend.[/quote]
80? My goodness? I went about 20.

I went from 34 to 55 in the 8th prestige.

I wish I would have played more Mon. and Tues. and taken advantage of it more. I went up about 70 levels Fri-Sun and have only played a few hours since.

Man, I wish I could have played more. I made it from 54 5th prestiege to 40 6th.

I'm not even sure I remember how to play the old maps.

I played a lot late Friday/late Saturday (technically Saturday and Sunday morning since it was after midnight), did not play at all from 10 A.M. Sunday through midnight Monday, and then played through 7-ish Tuesday morning, and few more hours the next night/morning.

In all, I went from 1st Prestige, Level 45, to 2nd Prestige, Level 47. So 58 levels.

It's good to have them puppies gone. I was addicted over the weekend. Dude said he went about 80, I hit about 60. Pretty decent. 7th Prestige down. It's also good to have the new maps mixed into our fav playlists like Domination. We played Broadcast 3 times and Creek once. They really need to up Ambush though. Seems like we never play it...

bread's done
Back