Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

If they put out a shirt like the Carbine shirt but with the M16, I'll pick it up. My classes begin and end with the M16.

[quote name='yukine']Oh brother, I went 20 - 1 on Bog with a Sniper rifle and everyone on the other team bitched about camping.

I just said "Uh, first of all it's a fucking sniper map. AND CAMPING IS WHAT SNIPERS DO!" Bunch of idiots, they lined up so fucking often I was able to get a double kill with one bullet TWICE.[/QUOTE]

i am guessing you had the better spawn? they would have done the exact same thing if they had that spawn, so don't worry about it. there is certain maps (bog and creek being the big 2) that you just can not afford to give up the good spawn on. having 2-3 snipers on each of those maps helps prevent that since you will keep spawning there if you are a run & gunner.

[quote name='xcoax']Haha, Khondor is incredibly influential when it comes to these things. I was strongly considering stopping at the 5th prestige, but all it took was one "keep going hamster." (this was back in the day after all...) from Khondor and look at me now.
.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, I remember the 1st one well......

hamster: :nottalking: Im not sure I wanna Prestige

Me: :wave: You want to Prestige

hamster: :whistle2:k I think I'll Prestige

me: :wave: and when you get past the 1st one you will keep going.
Dont stop until the Gold Cross

hamster: :whistle2:k I think I'll go for the Gold Cross

me: :oldman: Great idea

[quote name='Khondor']ahhh, I remember the 1st one well......

hamster: :nottalking: Im not sure I wanna Prestige

Me: :wave: You want to Prestige

hamster: :whistle2:k I think I'll Prestige

me: :wave: and when you get past the 1st one you will keep going.
Dont stop until the Gold Cross

hamster: :whistle2:k I think I'll go for the Gold Cross

me: :oldman: Great idea[/quote]

Classic

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Some Call of Duty 4 news today:
http://iamfourzerotwo.com/2008/06/04/call-of-duty-4-retakes-1-spot-on-live-double-xp-for-all/
  • 10 million units sold (all platforms except Mac and DS)
  • Back at #1 most played Xbox Live title
  • Double XP weekend this weekend (all playlists)
  • Variety Map Pack maps will now appear at the same frequency as the old maps
Click on the link above to read more. Here's what was said about the Double XP:[/quote]

Glad I'll be back home this weekend for this (God willing) but we'll see how much COD-time I can get in. I'll have to go to bed early Friday and wake up at the butt-crack of dawn Saturday to get some easy euro matches in :D

[quote name='yukine']Oh brother, I went 20 - 1 on Bog with a Sniper rifle and everyone on the other team bitched about camping.

I just said "Uh, first of all it's a fucking sniper map. AND CAMPING IS WHAT SNIPERS DO!" Bunch of idiots, they lined up so fucking often I was able to get a double kill with one bullet TWICE.[/quote]
I find that people will bitch about almost everything when they're losing. "Iron Lungs? You got to be kidding me!" "Martyrdom whore!" "All you can do is plant C4s! "At least I'm not using a cheap ass MP5!" The list goes on and on...

Well, fuck my weekend. I haven't played extensively since the last double XP after the new maps came out, but I'll likely be back to 8 hour nights on COD4 for this weekend.

FrankySox, where you at son? I need my tag team partner back. I'm Level 33 now on the 3rd prestige. I can hit 4th and get to maybe Level 30-ish on that.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find that people will bitch about almost everything when they're losing. "Iron Lungs? You got to be kidding me!" "Martyrdom whore!" "All you can do is plant C4s! "At least I'm not using a cheap ass MP5!" The list goes on and on...[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? if you kill any one single person the same way more than three times, your class settings are cheap and you should stop using them immediately. And never use the M16, P90, Juggernaut, or Noob Tube ever.

The good part about not "prestiging" is I very rarely encounter someone who complains about my tactics and me leading the scoreboard. Of course, my only tactic is to throw all of my grenades at the start (so I don't fuss with them during play) and using my eagle-like vision to pick-off people with my improved accuracy. \\:D/

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']all of that is great except the variety map packs... they need to be less than the old maps. i am glad i deleted them off of my hard drive after 10 rooms in a row had chinatown and creek set as the maps.[/quote]

it said that they are reducing the rate of them showing up, instead of 2:1, it might be like, 1:3, i'm not sure yet, but this looks sweet. cannot wait.

[quote name='xcoax']Didn't you hear? if you kill any one single person the same way more than three times, your class settings are cheap and you should stop using them immediately. And never use the M16, P90, Juggernaut, or Noob Tube ever.[/quote]

are you kidding me? those are the only weapons and perks i use.

Nothing beats the feeling of repeated killing a shotgun whore with their own gun. I've even had people complain about my use of their own shotgun after the match!

[quote name='Blood Covenent']it said that they are reducing the rate of them showing up, instead of 2:1, it might be like, 1:3, i'm not sure yet, but this looks sweet. cannot wait.[/QUOTE]

They're going to be 1:1 with the old maps, so they'll show up with the same frequency.

As for the cheap setups, last night, we kept running into a guy that had double noob tube; he was using Overkill and equipping a noob tube on each gun. I believe he was using Juggernaut, too. It was delightful.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']They're going to be 1:1 with the old maps, so they'll show up with the same frequency.

As for the cheap setups, last night, we kept running into a guy that had double noob tube; he was using Overkill and equipping a noob tube on each gun. I believe he was using Juggernaut, too. It was delightful.[/QUOTE]

glad you didn't run into my group... 3 of my guys were drunk and one of them was using a double noob tube class because of it. he had his golden ak47 and a g36c with grenade launchers set up. correct me if i am wrong though, but i believe overkill is in the same class as juggernaut, so it is impossible for him to have both unless he picked up someone elses gun that had a grenade launcher still.

Yes, both are red perks.

You can pick up grenade launcher fitted weapons up? I thought it only applies to you, if you have the perk enabled.

[quote name='yukine']Yes, both are red perks.

You can pick up grenade launcher fitted weapons up? I thought it only applies to you, if you have the perk enabled.[/QUOTE]

i am pretty sure you could pick up someones grenade launcher weapon and use it as long as you don't have something else that makes use of that slot. if you had like 3x frag, 3x special, or bandolier you should still be able to press the left button and make the grenade launcher pop up (instead of like an rpg or c4, whatever). i could be wrong since i usually don't pick up weapons, but i have picked up someones weapon that had a grenade launcher attachment, it was just out of grenades (which didn't bother me since i hate using grenade launchers anyways).

I haven't played in a while so I'll probably try to hop on for a few this weekend. Now the only question is what should I do with my in-laws who are visiting this weekend?

Yeah, I won't be playing much either, since I'm swamped with teaching summer course on top of my usual research work.

But not a huge deal as I don't care that much about XP as I don't plan on doing any prestiges (sitting at level 49 now). Have a tentative goal of maxing out the first play through and finally moving on to something else (been playing since late Dec., but not nearly as much as most here--just a bit over 2 days of game time).

[quote name='AshesofWake']why this weekend? i have fucking finals next week, fucking cock. aj9udfhuhdfsuyfhuydshfuyh. oh well.[/quote]
I have 1 week left before my finals. \\:D/

I just started playing COD 4 again and am in my first prestige mode. I have to work all weekend, but I'll definitely be on during the night on Saturday and Sunday.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']correct me if i am wrong though, but i believe overkill is in the same class as juggernaut, so it is impossible for him to have both unless he picked up someone elses gun that had a grenade launcher still.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't sure on that. I must have been confusing him with someone else.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find that people will bitch about almost everything when they're losing. "Iron Lungs? You got to be kidding me!" "Martyrdom whore!" "All you can do is plant C4s! "At least I'm not using a cheap ass MP5!" The list goes on and on...[/QUOTE]

I heard a doozy a few weeks ago.
"Little F$$ using a Silencer, why dont you fight like a Man?"
:lol:

[quote name='yukine']It's ridiculous how effective a silencer + UAV jammer is. No one pays any attention to their surroundings besides their radar.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I remember being just like that. It sucks to be watching the little red dots on the radar only to run around a corner and right into a UAV jammer guy with a shotty.
Playing some hardcore will break you of relying on just the radar real fast :lol:

Yeah that's my issue. No red dot or ACOGs hurts me more than the advantage of being silent. My aiming sucks as is, the iron sites make it even more woeful.

[quote name='Rocko']Was there a time announced for the Double XP? It doesn't seem to be up yet.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Please post when it is up. I work at the Canadian State Police in Wisconsin and I wanna cut outta here early when it does finally drop. Thank you.

It's up now. Just finished a game.

I've never done a Double XP event so I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but only the XP for kills and assists are doubled. Challenges and activating UAVs/Air strikes/Helicopters are not. I'm not sure about match bonuses since I didn't pay attention to mine.

Yeah, The double XP is only for kills, flag/headquarters captures, and bomb planting/diffusing... you know, in game stuff. You don't get 2000 XP for finishing off guns or anything like that. I'm not sure about match bonuses though.

Also, the best way to level up for those attempting to this weekend is to play Search and Destroy. The kills are worth 100XP and assists 50XP.

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, The double XP is only for kills, flag/headquarters captures, and bomb planting/diffusing... you know, in game stuff. You don't get 2000 XP for finishing off guns or anything like that. I'm not sure about match bonuses though.

Also, the best way to level up for those attempting to this weekend is to play Search and Destroy. The kills are worth 100XP and assists 50XP.[/quote]

And 200 for Arming/Diffusing :D

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']n00b question:

Does the "Your Show Sucks" achievement expand over multiple levels? Or is it just that one level with the TV station?[/QUOTE]

It's just the TV station.

we might as all start doing S&D matches. 100 points a kill, me and JQA played a few matches last night. he had 1200 + points one game i think. it was insane. arming is 200, and if you get 5+kills, thats like, 500 points!!!!

even when we loss, we did better than we could do on a deathmatch, with the double exp.

Actually, Headquarters is another really good match for Double XP. I joined in a CAG game in progress and still ended up with 2033 XP from one game.

[quote name='xcoax']Actually, Headquarters is another really good match for Double XP. I joined in a CAG game in progress and still ended up with 2033 XP from one game.[/quote]

damn you.

Damn this game is really hard to get back into. I just started playing again after selling my copy in December and I'm getting my ass kicked. The guys that have been playing all along know exactly where to go to get the good lines and what terrain they can shoot through.

[quote name='jkanownik']Damn this game is really hard to get back into. I just started playing again after selling my copy in December and I'm getting my ass kicked. The guys that have been playing all along know exactly where to go to get the good lines and what terrain they can shoot through.[/QUOTE]

are you playing in a party or by yourself? if you are by yourself, i will highly suggest playing mercenary team deathmatch or free-for-all since you will not end up playing against a party/clan in either of those modes. it gives you a lot more of a chance since neither team for the mercenary team deathmatch really has teamwork and of course in free-for-all it is every man for themselves.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']are you playing in a party or by yourself? if you are by yourself, i will highly suggest playing mercenary team deathmatch or free-for-all since you will not end up playing against a party/clan in either of those modes. it gives you a lot more of a chance since neither team for the mercenary team deathmatch really has teamwork and of course in free-for-all it is every man for themselves.[/quote]
I'm not sure about the Mercenary TDM, but free for all for sure. Mercenary may get even more difficult, from my experiences. You may encounter way too experienced people then. I end up doing worse in Mercenary than in regular TDM. But maybe that's just me.

[quote name='Littlefields']I'm not sure about the Mercenary TDM, but free for all for sure. Mercenary may get even more difficult, from my experiences. You may encounter way too experienced people then. I end up doing worse in Mercenary than in regular TDM. But maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]

hmmm, that isn't normal if you ask me unless you are ending up on a good team every time in normal team deathmatch. mercenary team deathmatch usually has 2-3 good players in the room tops and they are usually on opposite teams even. now while you may get a lot of losses, it was a really easy way to rack up kills without dying much for me. i don't play it anymore because i basically always have a clan member online whenever i sign on, so i am always in a party. i think i was averaging about 45 kills per game in every mercenary team deathmatch i played even though i lost some when i had that many, if i hit 55+ kills we always won. free-for-all is a hit and miss for me, it can be fun and really easy at times or it can be an entire room of people with halfway decent shots that sit in corners with claymores set up with a SMG, RPD, or M16 just waiting for you to pop around the corner if you survive their claymore.

i also suggest sabotage if you are looking to get a lot of kills and aren't worried about a loss. a lot of the time both teams will be in it only for a lot of kills, so the bomb is usually on someones back with no one trying to plant it. you could very easily get 50-60 kills if your team is decent enough to keep them from planting it since it is a 20 minute game with only 5 second delays when you die.

Where can I buy the map pack "Online" as an individual card?

I want to get it for my brother & I both for each of our Xbox 360's & I do not want to buy two seperate 1600 points cards. ($40 + tax)

[quote name='retail sucks']Where can I buy the map pack "Online" as an individual card?

I want to get it for my brother & I both for each of our Xbox 360's & I do not want to buy two seperate 1600 points cards. ($40 + tax)[/quote]
I know you can buy several different amount of points through the Xbox dashboard, 800 points could be one of the amounts you can buy.

I'm gonna ask you guys, because it seems like a lot of you are experienced. Can anyone give me some recommendations of perks or overall class configurations for Search and Destroy? Particularly in shooting distances of Downpour. I'm having some trouble as I play S&D more and more now. When it comes to close range maps I generally use SMG's and it seems pretty effective. But in maps like Downpour where close range change to far range in a few seconds, it's hard to switch tactics.

bread's done
Back