Call of Duty Black OPS

I knew this fuckin shit would happen, I had to intern today at my college from 2 to 4, they deliver at 3 something and leave this dumbass UPS note cuz everything delivered to my house requires signatures.

Why they deliver shit when everyone is at work is beyond me. That's what pisses me off the most. This isn't the first time. On top of that I might have to pick it up myself and the "UPS Customer Center" or whatever it is is literally on the other side of town from my house.

I came in with slightly low exceptions because I am in the Treyarch is a below average developer camp. A couple hours in and its about what I excepted it to be. Frankly I am getting tired of the COD formula (constant sprinting around first to the trigger) but a lot of people are not and for them its a solid game.

I only paid 17 bucks for it so it had to be unplayable for me to not get my moneys worth.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I came in with slightly low exceptions because I am in the Treyarch is a below average developer camp. A couple hours in and its about what I excepted it to be. Frankly I am getting tired of the COD formula (constant sprinting around first to the trigger) but a lot of people are not and for them its a solid game.

I only paid 17 bucks for it so it had to be unplayable for me to not get my moneys worth.[/QUOTE]

First to the trigger makes sense I think. You know, I shoot first you should die...

Just got it. Wasn't at the door, but she left it just inside the outside door. Dunno why Hustle's was given a notice, though...

Not really what I meant man.

First to the trigger meaning that the game is basically a series of one on one duels. Even in objectives matches its still just a bunch of people sprinting around until they catch a glimmer of someone and start shooting.

Now I know people are going to rush in and scream, "NOOOO if you play with a team blah blah blah." I have seen many a tournament and many people play, they play it the same way....just far better than randoms.

Not that its a bad thing...its just not my thing. I like my FPS more tactical less sprinting in general. More team based. But this isnt bad for a secondary FPS game for me. Plus I paid 17 dollars for it.

So aggravating. Now I have to meet the driver after he gets off from work because he's gonna take my copy home and I'll have to meet him somewhere to pick it up.

[quote name='hustletron']So aggravating. Now I have to meet the driver after he gets off from work because he's gonna take my copy home and I'll have to meet him somewhere to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

At least you have options. Guess it depends on how badly you want it today/night. :|

I'd be pissed too, though. Installing it now... (sorry!) :whistle2:#

[quote name='hustletron']So aggravating. Now I have to meet the driver after he gets off from work because he's gonna take my copy home and I'll have to meet him somewhere to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that is the strangest thing I have ever heard. Why the hell would a FedEX/UPS man (assuming thats where you got it from...didnt catch the first part) take your package home? That isnt illegal in some way?

That sounds weird. Think you bout to get raped bro. Hope cod is worth it.

WOW the bots on Veteran do indeed have auto aim, lol. I can't even go into the open without getting shot immediately.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Seriously, that is the strangest thing I have ever heard. Why the hell would a FedEX/UPS man (assuming thats where you got it from...didnt catch the first part) take your package home? That isnt illegal in some way?[/QUOTE]

No I arranged for that because the driver was already on the way back to the facility when I called.

The only reason why I'm doing this is because I'm going to be working Weds to Sunday, from the morning to late evening and no one else will be home when they attempt to deliver it again.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Seriously, that is the strangest thing I have ever heard. Why the hell would a FedEX/UPS man (assuming thats where you got it from...didnt catch the first part) take your package home? That isnt illegal in some way?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he takes the truck home too? I wouldn't be surprised if this is happening in some sort of rural area. Maybe here in city/suburbs where Fedex/UPS has shipping centers everywhere, it's cost effective to do everything from the shipping center. Not so much when the shipping centers are 100+ miles from the place they are delivering to.

[quote name='hustletron']No I arranged for that because the driver was already on the way back to the facility when I called.

The only reason why I'm doing this is because I'm going to be working Weds to Sunday, from the morning to late evening and no one else will be home when they attempt to deliver it again.[/QUOTE]

You can always sign the notice saying to leave the package at your door

[quote name='shosh']You can always sign the notice saying to leave the package at your door[/QUOTE]

The reason packages required signature in the first place is because we've had a couple packages get stolen from the front of our house before. Which is another reason why I don't understand why they deliver when most people are at work.

[quote name='hustletron']The reason packages required signature in the first place is because we've had a couple packages get stolen from the front of our house before. Which is another reason why I don't understand why they deliver when most people are at work.[/QUOTE]

They do deliver from 9 in he morning till 8 at night. And most packages are to businesses. What do you want? For them to come to your house at 2 in the morning?

Yeah, you can't really expect them to deliver other times that that. If you don't have a place that can sign for your packages (concierge, leasing office etc.) then have stuff shipped to work. If that's not an option, then just don't order stuff as it ends up being more hassle than just buying locally.

[quote name='shosh']They do deliver from 9 in he morning till 8 at night. And most packages are to businesses. What do you want? For them to come to your house at 2 in the morning?[/QUOTE]

Well apparently not this driver smart ass cuz he was off by 5 and I met him at his apartment complex by 6 cuz he was nice enough to take it home with him and let me meet him.

Since you know so much about the UPS racket you'd know they USED to deliver to my house around 4 or 5 in the evening and as of late they haven't. But you knew that already. Idiot.

EDIT: I don't remember insane 10 sensitivity being so sensitive. Lost my touch obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shosh']Think you bout to get raped bro. Hope cod is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Lmao :lol: This made me laugh hard :D

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how much time it will log online (thank you Raptr). Oh, btw they have a CoD contest going on. Check it out.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Promo – More ways to win with our media partners!

by John Master Lee on November 9, 2010

Entered in our big Call of Duty: Black Ops giveaway yet? There are still more ways to win! Visit any of these media partners for additional goodies to win once 1 million hours of play time is racked up! From Logitech gear to snazzy GUNNAR shades! Just leave a comment on any of the following sites.
With so much gaming goodness going around, we turn to our media partners to let us know what’s hot and what’s not. Here are some top notch sites we check out regularly. More->

[quote name='hustletron']Well apparently not this driver smart ass cuz he was off by 5 and I met him at his apartment complex by 6 cuz he was nice enough to take it home with him and let me meet him.

Since you know so much about the UPS racket you'd know they USED to deliver to my house around 4 or 5 in the evening and as of late they haven't. But you knew that already. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should chill the fuck out and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you getting call of duty.

People like you are incredibly impatient. They must have their games now.

Anywho, anyone know if zombie mode is included on disk of the regular version?

[quote name='shosh']Maybe you should chill the fuck out and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you getting call of duty.

Anywho, anyone know if zombie mode is included on disk of the regular version?[/QUOTE]

It is... One map is playable right of the start.

[quote name='shosh']Maybe you should chill the fuck out and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you getting call of duty.

Anywho, anyone know if zombie mode is included on disk of the regular version?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it is. The Hardened and Prestige editions just feature extra maps for it.

[quote name='shosh']Anywho, anyone know if zombie mode is included on disk of the regular version?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think there are like 3 maps on the disc.

It is taking forever for anyone else to download the classic zombie pack?

I just got home from getting my HE, and it's taking about 1 minute per percentage point.

I know it's not my internet either.

I'm incredibly impatient when I said how hard is it to deliver a package that requires a signature when I'm not working, working the normal hours the rest of America is working? I'm not the doucher that jumped on my case out of no where, maybe you should mind your own fuckin business if you don't want people to reply back to your dumbass remarks.

Just got the death machine out of a care package. Funny? Yes. Effective? I don't really see it as a viable weapon to get a lot of kills with.

The bots on regular are pretty impressive too, they aren't complete idiots but can be out gunned. I like the Valk rockets so far too. Cobra isn't ridiculous either.

Got about two hours into this and really not impressed. I don't see myself playing this for very long. MW2 will be back in rotation I believe.

I cant believe they brought back infinitely spawning enemies, especially when IW made such a big deal to take them out. Inching my way to checkpoints is always super fun.

Is anyone else having trouble trying to play games with a party or anything? We all get kicked when we try to start a game or the room just drops us after a period of time.

All in all...awesome game. It feels like COD4 and WaW made a baby and out came Black Ops. It feels balanced and challenging at the same time. It shows me how awful MW2 is with all of its nonsense and BS. If they actually patch it a little bit, this and NHL 11 will be the only two games I play this year.

[quote name='seanr1221']I started vet and moved down to hardened. Just don't have the time for it.

Great game so far.[/QUOTE]

Not that I am trying to convince/criticize, make fun or change your opinion. Something I have a opinion that I feel is in solid stone and it intrigues me to listen to other peoples reason against it.

I assume you are talking about the single player when you say great game so far. To that my mind literally falls apart wondering how anyone can think that. (not that you are not allowed to have your opinion)

Like, I have only ever played this game 7 million fucking times. Every set piece in this game is also in at least 70-80% of every FPS ever made. You got your sneak up behind a very unaware NPC and club him. Your ride on the back of a Humvee/Heli/Tank/Boat shooting a 50 cal in fact there are like 3 of these section within the first 5 missions. You got your I forgot my past so mysterious voice should tell me. The blow up 3 tanks with a conveniently left RPG, your constant slow motion for forced drama and the fact that I keep getting knocked out so that you dont have to explain why I am suddenly in the jungle when I wake up. etc etc etc. And the only other game that was this obvious with the illusion of a battle (as in one side vs another in a dynamic way. This game its clearly everyone vs you like a PS1 game) is W@W.

Again, not that I want to change your mind for any reason nor am I trying to say you are wrong in anyway. Its just mind boggling for me personally that gamers are always saying that want a better more innovative that takes advantage of not just the next gen graphics but evolves the genre has a whole. But then praise what to me is just another run of the mill FPS single player like the 1k other in the world.

Ah well, opinions man.

[quote name='Pck21']Is anyone else having trouble trying to play games with a party or anything? We all get kicked when we try to start a game or the room just drops us after a period of time.

All in all...awesome game. It feels like COD4 and WaW made a baby and out came Black Ops. It feels balanced and challenging at the same time. It shows me how awful MW2 is with all of its nonsense and BS. If they actually patch it a little bit, this and NHL 11 will be the only two games I play this year.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They need to fix the party shit ASAP.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not that I am trying to convince/criticize, make fun or change your opinion. Something I have a opinion that I feel is in solid stone and it intrigues me to listen to other peoples reason against it.

I assume you are talking about the single player when you say great game so far. To that my mind literally falls apart wondering how anyone can think that. (not that you are not allowed to have your opinion)

Like, I have only ever played this game 7 million fucking times. Every set piece in this game is also in at least 70-80% of every FPS ever made. You got your sneak up behind a very unaware NPC and club him. Your ride on the back of a Humvee/Heli/Tank/Boat shooting a 50 cal in fact there are like 3 of these section within the first 5 missions. You got your I forgot my past so mysterious voice should tell me. The blow up 3 tanks with a conveniently left RPG, your constant slow motion for forced drama and the fact that I keep getting knocked out so that you dont have to explain why I am suddenly in the jungle when I wake up. etc etc etc. And the only other game that was this obvious with the illusion of a battle (as in one side vs another in a dynamic way. This game its clearly everyone vs you like a PS1 game) is W@W.

Again, not that I want to change your mind for any reason nor am I trying to say you are wrong in anyway. Its just mind boggling for me personally that gamers are always saying that want a better more innovative that takes advantage of not just the next gen graphics but evolves the genre has a whole. But then praise what to me is just another run of the mill FPS single player like the 1k other in the world.

Ah well, opinions man.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good actually. Just because its been done before doesn't mean it can be awesome or fun.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not that I am trying to convince/criticize, make fun or change your opinion. Something I have a opinion that I feel is in solid stone and it intrigues me to listen to other peoples reason against it.

Ah well, opinions man.[/QUOTE]

It's CoD. What did you expect?

When you access the computer is the word Hackers1.txt? I get an invalid path error. Also tried nackers1 and that was a no go. Might have the pw figured out but not sure about user name

I don't know what it is but the graphics are really bothering me. I generally don't mind graphics but I feel like Treyarch took a step backwards from what MW2 looked like.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Sounds good actually. Just because its been done before doesn't mean it can be awesome or fun.[/QUOTE]

Yep. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D All FPS games feel pretty similar, especially with in the sub categories of the genre (sci fi shooter, modern war shooter, ww2 shooter) etc.

Same with any genre really. Most RPGs are very similar gameplay wise with in sub genre's, same with platformers etc.

Has it taken anyone else over 3 hours to download the zombie pack from the hardened edition?

It's been 3 hours for me and I'm at 87%.

And my internet connection is fine.

The game is fun when it works. The party system is inexcusable and the game is unplayable with any lag. Reminds me of Gears 1 where I am just not doing any damage although I'm clearing shooting people, get knived like halfway across the screen, and laying into a guy then having him turn-around and kill me in a few bullets.

When it works, though, it is a lot of fun. Hopefully they patch the party system ASAP.

The AI is horrendous sometimes. My squad mates just run right past the enemies and then stand somewhere in the open while the exposed AI enemies don't do anything. But it has been fun.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The game is fun when it works. The party system is inexcusable and the game is unplayable with any lag. Reminds me of Gears 1 where I am just not doing any damage although I'm clearing shooting people, get knived like halfway across the screen, and laying into a guy then having him turn-around and kill me in a few bullets.

When it works, though, it is a lot of fun. Hopefully they patch the party system ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's because there's 3 million people trying to play at once (half of which are in 3+ people parties)... :whistle2:#

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Sounds good actually. Just because its been done before doesn't mean it can be awesome or fun.[/QUOTE]

This. Soodmeg, I hear ya, and I love innovative and new games, but this is a fun formula that doesn't get old (to me). I loved domination in COD4, MW2, and then when Battlefield came out, I primarily played conquest. The new and exciting portion comes with new levels and new maps, despite the fact the overall structure is 100% the same.

[quote name='Rhett']I'm sure that's because there's 3 million people trying to play at once (half of which are in 3+ people parties)... :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post this. People complaining about lag have to understand there could be 1M+ people playing at one time. That's a whole lot of people to support.

I am sooooo contented with the inclusion of Combat Training. I could kiss Vahn on the lips!

Oh, and multiplayer's decent, too. The bots are better than most players. :D

bread's done
Back