Call of Duty Black OPS

Finally prestiged! Back up to lvl7 by bed time. Didn't play well 2night so it took longer than I hoped. Didnt realize it took away all my money. I had 150k before the promotion. The default classes are not half bad right now.

[quote name='TC']I have brought shame to the CAG community. I was just killed by Major Nelson.[/QUOTE]

Was he camping?

^ damn lost all the dough. Coulda bought some crap just to try out. Why prestige though lol I guess I don't have enough time on my hands to go through it again. I'm only lvl 10 hahah

I wish that Combat Training somehow attributed towards your multiplayer level. Only reason I'd want that is because I'm going to fall very, very far behind in levels compared to my buds since I don't have gameable internet right now and they're always playing. Come on, internet situation. Pull through.

Only damn thing I can play is Combat Training, which I find gets a bit boring.

I just about had it with this game. Played 5 different games of mercenary TDM and in every single one, almost 80% of both teams had the ghost perk equipped. Even with the motion sensor equipped they just run straight through before the damn thing can pick them up on the map.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']I think it depends on whether or not youre into assault rifles or smgs cuz I would say definitely considering the AK74u, best smg out there and can even give the assault rifles a run for their money.[/QUOTE]

I started using the AK74u because of recommendations here... that gun is crazy good.

[quote name='TheRock88']I just about had it with this game. Played 5 different games of mercenary TDM and in every single one, almost 80% of both teams had the ghost perk equipped. Even with the motion sensor equipped they just run straight through before the damn thing can pick them up on the map.[/QUOTE]

They said they're addressing how loud footsteps are. Soon it'll be a little bit easier to know when an enemy is headed towards you. Then there'll actually be a reason to use Ghost, fewer people will have Hacker Pro, and then more will show up on motion sensors.

[quote name='faceturd']I started using the AK74u because of recommendations here... that gun is crazy good.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a good number of serious players would say it's the best gun in the game.

Started my Veteran playthrough last night, and was goin pretty good, until I got to the bike escape part, once I get on the turret, it doesn't seem liek anything I can can stop me from dying as soon as I go under the fist bridge. :(

[quote name='BREVITY']Finally prestiged! Back up to lvl7 by bed time. Didn't play well 2night so it took longer than I hoped. Didnt realize it took away all my money. I had 150k before the promotion. The default classes are not half bad right now.[/QUOTE]
oh wow prestiging takes away all your COD points?

Damn guess I'd better spend money on customizing my clan tag, since thats the only thing that wont go away when you prestige.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']oh wow prestiging takes away all your COD points?

Damn guess I'd better spend money on customizing my clan tag, since thats the only thing that wont go away when you prestige.[/QUOTE]
Not sure since I am not home atm but I think I lost all that stuff too. I know I lost my name plate background and little icon thing I made. I went totally back to 0. The only thing that helped was it let me stay in the match I was in which was hardcore search so I didnt have to go back to regular DM.

[quote name='Amblix']Started my Veteran playthrough last night, and was goin pretty good, until I got to the bike escape part, once I get on the turret, it doesn't seem liek anything I can can stop me from dying as soon as I go under the fist bridge. :([/QUOTE]

I had a problem with that too but I eventually just got lucky and remembered where the vehicles came from and was ready for them.

I had played on Vet all the way up to where you "sabotage the russian space program" and you're trying to escape the facility I think, I got to a certain hallway close to the end of the level where it's loaded with enemies and they are all hiding behind cover.

I had to lower it to Regular because they constantly kept respawning and I couldn't kill them fast enough to push forward without dying in the 2 shots you die from in Vet. I think it's really lame enemies keep spawning.

I wish Treyarch would add the Wager Match gametypes to the regular multiplayer gamematches. I have a blast playing Wager Match but no XP gain sucks and I'd love to play some of those matches as team based.

[quote name='Amblix']Started my Veteran playthrough last night, and was goin pretty good, until I got to the bike escape part, once I get on the turret, it doesn't seem liek anything I can can stop me from dying as soon as I go under the fist bridge. :([/QUOTE]
I had a few issues with this part too, but all I can recommend is the second you get on the turret there is a jeep to the right, start shooting the hood/grill and blow it up. Then immediately aim to the left at a second jeep and blow it up. Aim up as you go under the bridge and shoot the barrel on the bridge to take out most those guys up there, then aim up in the air and take out the chopper. After the chopper, there will be some guys shooting at you on motorcycles, just shoot them and take em out as fast as possible.

[quote name='Techsticles']I had a few issues with this part too, but all I can recommend is the second you get on the turret there is a jeep to the right, start shooting the hood/grill and blow it up. Then immediately aim to the left at a second jeep and blow it up. Aim up as you go under the bridge and shoot the barrel on the bridge to take out most those guys up there, then aim up in the air and take out the chopper. After the chopper, there will be some guys shooting at you on motorcycles, just shoot them and take em out as fast as possible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that a couple times, killed the two guys on the bikes and got killed by a magic bullet. :/

Guess I'll try a few more times after I get off work.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Suppose, if you care about k/d.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how someone spawning behind you and shooting you in the back is anyone's idea of fun.

[quote name='Trakan']I don't see how someone spawning behind you and shooting you in the back is anyone's idea of fun.[/QUOTE]

I haven't really had that problem when I play. That's just me, though.

I have a blast playing on Nuketown. Then again, I haven't played Domination on Nuketown, so I should probably just shut up.

SEVEN out of 9 players on my team last round went negative.... VERY negative. Why do people keep playing that match if they can't get going? :( It just feeds the other team so badly.

The last two games (after leaving and joining fresh), at least half my team went negative, still.

I always play at least one match of Combat Training before going online. It really helps. I bet that not many people do that, though. If these people going super negative would just play CT before going online...

[quote name='BREVITY']Not sure since I am not home atm but I think I lost all that stuff too. I know I lost my name plate background and little icon thing I made. I went totally back to 0. The only thing that helped was it let me stay in the match I was in which was hardcore search so I didnt have to go back to regular DM.[/QUOTE]
Damn that sucks, I thought I remembered TreyArch saying something about your clan tag stuff not resetting.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Finally got my film clip to show up. I guess you have to render it, even though it says its uploaded before you can even render it. Plus it reads you can only render clips 30 seconds or less? So anything longer wont be uploaded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0hqR_iSuVQ[/QUOTE]

You are the David Garrard of COD crossbows

[quote name='Rhett']SEVEN out of 9 players on my team last round went negative.... VERY negative. Why do people keep playing that match if they can't get going? :( It just feeds the other team so badly.

The last two games (after leaving and joining fresh), at least half my team went negative, still.

I always play at least one match of Combat Training before going online. It really helps. I bet that not many people do that, though. If these people going super negative would just play CT before going online...[/QUOTE]

Got to give it to them for not rage quitting, we play over system link so rage quitting kind of makes you look stupid. :p

My unle doesn't rage quite either, his K/D in World At War is like 14,000 kills and 80,000 deaths when he got his 10th prestige, very calm casual guy, ranked up from objectives pretty much.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I haven't really had that problem when I play. That's just me, though.

I have a blast playing on Nuketown. Then again, I haven't played Domination on Nuketown, so I should probably just shut up.[/QUOTE]

it's a joke of a map... when you go for 99 kills yeah it's pretty bad lol.

[quote name='Amblix']Got to give it to them for not rage quitting, we play over system link so rage quitting kind of makes you look stupid. :p

My unle doesn't rage quite either, his K/D in World At War is like 14,000 kills and 80,000 deaths when he got his 10th prestige, very calm casual guy, ranked up from objectives pretty much.[/QUOTE]

I fully understand not caring about KDR, but it feels so detrimental when you know those deaths give the enemy more chances to absolutely destroy your team. :(

I kinda miss death streaks. I never had a problem with them. If you died X times in a row, you deserved a handicap.

[quote name='Rhett']I kinda miss death streaks. I never had a problem with them. If you died X times in a row, you deserved a handicap.[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck no.

You do not deserve to be rewarded for being a reckless retard. Combining Marathon/Lightweight/Commando with Painkiller made it so you could traverse the whole map with it active. It was the most bullshit ever implemented into a COD game.

If you want to dig yourself out of the whole you got into, play smarter.

[quote name='Rhett']I fully understand not caring about KDR, but it feels so detrimental when you know those deaths give the enemy more chances to absolutely destroy your team. :(

I kinda miss death streaks. I never had a problem with them. If you died X times in a row, you deserved a handicap.[/QUOTE]They already cater to retards enough in this game, death streaks would just be icing on the cake.

I think it's ridiculous to hand someone a reward for going 0-5. What should pop up on the screen for them, instead of "Death Streak Available", are the words play better.

You already get bonus XP for coming out of a streak of deaths, and that's definitely the way it should be.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']They already cater to retards enough in this game, death streaks would just be icing on the cake.

I think it's ridiculous to hand someone a reward for going 0-5. What should pop up on the screen for them, instead of "Death Streak Available", are the words play better.

You already get bonus XP for coming out of a streak of deaths, and that's definitely the way it should be.[/QUOTE]

I can't really help free will, but if they're doing terrible (but trying to have fun), it just doesn't help the team, and can ruin other peoples' experiences. I wish they'd just play some Combat Training before hand. If I'm doing bad, or having a rough time getting going, I go back to CT for a few rounds.

Wow some crazy stuff today.... I was shot through a wall because i was up against the wall and part of my clothes showed through to the other side of the wall. This was in target range level on the 2nd level of one of the buildings.

Another time the enemy team called a napalm strike, so i ran into the garage where the snow mobile is in the summit map, well i still died from it even though i had a roof over my head.

It still really annoys me when i shoot a guy with a whole clip, yet i die from 1 bullet from him, while he lives.

Is there a gun that has very low recoil? It seems to be the major reason why i dont kill someone sometimes. Its like the gun shakes all around and i cant target good enough while its doing this. I try to burst my shots but i want a gun i can hold down the trigger with and not get a lot of recoil.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow some crazy stuff today.... I was shot through a wall because i was up against the wall and part of my clothes showed through to the other side of the wall. This was in target range level on the 2nd level of one of the buildings.

Another time the enemy team called a napalm strike, so i ran into the garage where the snow mobile is in the summit map, well i still died from it even though i had a roof over my head.

It still really annoys me when i shoot a guy with a whole clip, yet i die from 1 bullet from him, while he lives.

Is there a gun that has very low recoil? It seems to be the major reason why i dont kill someone sometimes. Its like the gun shakes all around and i cant target good enough while its doing this. I try to burst my shots but i want a gun i can hold down the trigger with and not get a lot of recoil.[/QUOTE]

I can attest to this happening constantly. I really don't think it's us so much as it's problems with the game. I've gotten like 5 or 6 hit markers including the little thud noises that go along with the markers on 1 person only for him to run away.

What is the deal with shotguns? Either my shotgunning skills are severely lacking or mine are filled with marshmallows.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Another time the enemy team called a napalm strike, so i ran into the garage where the snow mobile is in the summit map, well i still died from it even though i had a roof over my head.[/quote]

This has happened to me a few times and particularly on that map too. No where is safe in the end.

Have you tried hardcore? That one issue is basically non-existent there.

That's awesome. I dunno, people like to flock to care packages. I'm definitely gonna work with hacker now lol.

EDIT: The game's been out a week and the list of shit that's been fixed is ridiculous. I mean I'm glad there's stuff that's been fixed but wtf are their testers(I assume they have a least a few in house) doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Hacker Pro booby-traps the package AND gives you what's inside?

The enemy just gets a package full of shrapnel? That's...man. Would hate to be on the receiving end of that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']What is the deal with shotguns? Either my shotgunning skills are severely lacking or mine are filled with marshmallows.[/QUOTE]

I used a shotgun once because I ran out of ammo and it seemed like it was a one-hit wonder all the time. It was quite annoying though. Shoot > wait a second > enemy dies. In that one second, I was never sure if I should have shot or not. I only had 2 shots before a reload, but I did get a 10 kill streak with it.

Every day I play this game (seriously, some other multiplayer game needs to come out) I realize why I hate it more and more. Today, my first 2 matches were going great. I went 20-4 and 19-8. My shots actually killed people. It was amazing. Then, my 3rd game I realized why I actually had fun the first 2 games... I was host. Wow does host play a huge role in this game. It gives you such a huge advantage. Even when people had the first shots off on me, I did good.

The final SMG also sucks. Got a chance to use it when I picked it up today and the Mac 11 is miles better than it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hacker video is freakin awesome! I've been trying to do the share a care package for a couple days to get the hardline pro. Not a freakin soul wants to pick up ammo or spy planes and the selfish whore in me can't share the good stuff lol. Everyone runs past to the battle BUT if it's a red crate they or the other team will risk there life to get it... Mainly play domination maybe it's different in other game styles.

Unlocked the AK47 yesterday, nice to use it for awhile as it's usually the last gun before prestige. Commando is a beast from what little i've used it from fallen enemies, looking forward to that...

[quote name='DarkRider23']
Every day I play this game (seriously, some other multiplayer game needs to come out) I realize why I hate it more and more. Today, my first 2 matches were going great. I went 20-4 and 19-8. My shots actually killed people. It was amazing. Then, my 3rd game I realized why I actually had fun the first 2 games... I was host. Wow does host play a huge role in this game. It gives you such a huge advantage. Even when people had the first shots off on me, I did good.
[/QUOTE]

LOL the sad part is that the vast majority of players on XBL think that the only game having host has an impact on is Gears of War. I've gotten into debates with grown men because they didn't realize every game on XBL is done with a client/server set up, except 1 player is the server and everyone else are clients.

bread's done
Back