Call of Duty Black OPS

I hate when i get into a game and i have 3 or 4 bars, but its like every time i shoot someone first they shoot back and i die.

Man i was just playing a match and had a 6-0 streak, one of my teammates spawns behind me. I look at him and he starts to shoot but misses, and then i back off and turn around to look for enemies and he kills me. What an idiot.

UAV/SAM Turret/Care Package all day, every day.

Reasoning:

UAV - always nice to have up in the air.
SAM Turret - good for taking out enemy aircrafts (especially if it becomes a problem for your team), and good to re-roll if having an anti-air turret isn't necessary during that game.
Care Package - usually something pretty useful (especially after a re-roll).

My favorite part about using that combination is that I'm guaranteed to get all 3 each game more than once. I'm usually pretty lucky with the killstreaks I get out of re-rolls, also :cool:

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm not sure I could give up my RCXD. I have too much fun with that thing.[/QUOTE]

Same. It's just fun driving that thing around.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I'm not sure I could give up my RCXD. I have too much fun with that thing.[/QUOTE]
Plus as I mentioned above you can use it to scout where the majority of enemies can be hiding. UAV's aren't that useful if the majority of the enemy team is using Ghost. RC car comes in more handy.

Wow i just spent 10-15 minutes making a 30 second clip and now i cant render it for online. So now i have to make it all over again, next time ill stop it at 29 seconds.

I completely forgot about swapping out your care package. Been using Spy place > Cobra > Dogs.

Just got the commando, pretty much hate it, AK still feels and kills better for some reason and the AKS still kills better than the AK.

I roll with Recon > Care Package > Dogs or Chopper Gunner.

Ever since I switched to that set up, I've been getting either the Dogs or Chopper Gunner in Ground War Domination about 90% of the time.

Wow i set up the spy plane, turret, care package with hardline. I swear 90% of the time i die right after i throw the can to send the turret or care package in. I cant believe this. The last game i got noobtubed right as i threw the can. I dont think i can play without ghost.

I was going to try to use dogs, but if you have ghost pro the dogs wont attack you. So i dont even know if its worth it.

Out of boredom and lack of interest in playing for objectives with irritating randoms I had the opportunity to test out two things in one game: 1) If a Sentry Gun would identify and kill Attack Dogs? 2) If it's possible for a Valk missile to destroy helicopters, Spy and Counter Planes?

The answer is yes to both and it's quite the comical sight. I honestly wasn't expecting it.

Has anyone's win streak reset after they lost a game? I was at a 42 win streak, lost, now it went back to 0. Luckily I have a picture for proof because a buddy of mine warned me. I'm kinda upset about it though :/

Game is a ton of fun. Anyone wanting to play on TDM or S&D tonight add me : Sagebigly7.

BTW That Rolling Thunder video was awesome! Feels good when those happen. I went to the website and linked my accounts but when do the videos I've saved show up?

[quote name='Snuckles']Game is a ton of fun. Anyone wanting to play on TDM or S&D tonight add me : Sagebigly7.

BTW That Rolling Thunder video was awesome! Feels good when those happen. I went to the website and linked my accounts but when do the videos I've saved show up?[/QUOTE]

They save to your file share, then you have to load it from your file share to watch back. Thats when the render option will become available (if its 30 seconds or less), you hit render and it should upload it to your theater and youtube if you linked it to the COD site. If you dont render it, and just "upload" it to your fileshare it wont be put on the site, it will just be in your fileshare.

[quote name='The 7th Number']They save to your file share, then you have to load it from your file share to watch back. Thats when the render option will become available (if its 30 seconds or less), you hit render and it should upload it to your theater and youtube if you linked it to the COD site. If you dont render it, and just "upload" it to your fileshare it wont be put on the site, it will just be in your fileshare.[/QUOTE]

ah ok. cool. Gonna work on it once wife gets off fable 3. Thanks!

BTW ON topic I use UAV/Care Package/Chopper Gunner(huey innnboooound by ice cube)

[quote name='Nealocus123']Has anyone's win streak reset after they lost a game? I was at a 42 win streak, lost, now it went back to 0. Luckily I have a picture for proof because a buddy of mine warned me. I'm kinda upset about it though :/[/QUOTE]

I think I'm missing something, probably because I'm tired. You had a 42 game-wins streak, and it went back to 0 after you lost a game? Isn't that supposed to happen? Your streak was over since you ended up losing a game.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Has anyone's win streak reset after they lost a game? I was at a 42 win streak, lost, now it went back to 0. Luckily I have a picture for proof because a buddy of mine warned me. I'm kinda upset about it though :/[/QUOTE]

That's your current streak. Your actual streak is deeper in your stats.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I think I'm missing something, probably because I'm tired. You had a 42 game-wins streak, and it went back to 0 after you lost a game? Isn't that supposed to happen? Your streak was over since you ended up losing a game.[/QUOTE]

I think the game keeps track of your best stats. Most kills, winning streaks, whatever. His best should be 42, but i think he is saying the game reset it to 0.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I think the game keeps track of your best stats. Most kills, winning streaks, whatever. His best should be 42, but i think he is saying the game reset it to 0.[/QUOTE]

Oh, alrighty. That makes more sense.

Had this happen about a week or 2 ago. When in doubt, zig-zag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeUoFEm7UI

Last edited by a moderator:
So i got hacker pro. Can someone tell me how to use it? Like how do i sabotage claymores? I assume i have to walk up behind them and then hold X? Same with Sentry guns? Once i sabotage a claymore, etc. will they stay there until i die, or will they go away once the real owner dies? Can i sabotage more than one thing at once? If anyone can answer this please let me know.

My guesses are Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

But I've had Sleight Of Hand from the start, so my word is pretty much shit.

Anyone else love the way the iron sights look on the AK47?

[quote name='The 7th Number']So i got hacker pro. Can someone tell me how to use it? Like how do i sabotage claymores? I assume i have to walk up behind them and then hold X? Same with Sentry guns? Once i sabotage a claymore, etc. will they stay there until i die, or will they go away once the real owner dies? Can i sabotage more than one thing at once? If anyone can answer this please let me know.[/QUOTE]
Hold X when behind the gadget to hack them. They become "yours," as in if you laid down a claymore earlier, hack another claymore, your fist one will self-destruct. Don't know if enemies will see the new claymore as an enemy claymore though. As for hacking more than one, you can have unlimited sentries, but only one claymore/jammer/motion sensor.

Dude seriously the ghost pro + silencer is really starting to grind my nerves. I dont really mind dying but constantly getting shot in the back is annoying. It really makes objective based matches a chore when there are 5 guys just sprinting around the level.

BlackBird is a must.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Having never used Hacker, that video confused me. Could you see that the claymore was there and I missed it, or did you get lucky?[/QUOTE]
It's kinda small in the video, but I could see the claymore through the wall. It shows up red, like you have X-Ray vision.

[quote name='TheRock88']My bullets apparently dont go through opened space railings...[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today, but i was on top, shooting at my own teammate who was in a corner. He was shooting at me too, his name didnt pop up for me. I forget what happened though. I dont think we killed each other.

Right now im using Ghost (still trying to get pro) + Slight of Hand Pro + Hacker Pro.

Man tonight the last 2 hours seemed like it had horrible lag. One match i couldnt even move or pause the game right away because the lag was so bad. But the last two hours ive just been getting owned, getting horrible K/D ratios. Most of the time its i shoot them, they shoot back, i die.

[quote name='dabebop']Brak did you have hardened on for it to go through the wall like that.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Ghost + Hardened + Hacker w/ a silenced AK47.

I want to knife like in MW2. I had so much fun doing that light knife combo. I think I honestly get more kills these day but I sure had some good times running around super fast and knifing everyone.

I love this game! I play nearly every day and its one of the few games I dont fall asleep playing when its late. Most weekends I stay up till five or six AM playing this then wake back up at 10 and once I get all my family stuff done I am right back at it. Hard to believe its not bored me to tears playing this much.

I finally got that awsome set you guys mentioned. Sam Turret, Care Package, Blackbird. Hardline, Any (I use hardened), marathon.

Killstreaks a plenty, I can completely see why this would get nerfed but its going to be a fun ride down.

It is just a miss wording by Treyarch on the first screen of combat record... It should say current streak. Best win streak can be viewed on the personal bests tab and it is about 3/4 of the way down the list.

One thing I wish they would have in post match or in one of the match records is how many killstreaks you got that match... When I go for my "75 Kills with _______" Contracts I always go UAV, Counter UAV, Blackbird... Last night there were a couple matches where I was 2x - x and I must have called in at least UAV and Counter 5 times a piece since I use Hardline Pro.

Trakan - A buddy of mine sent this to me this am...

Black Ops has some of the worst implemented latency compensation. Players with average to below average connections will either not notice this (average connection) or benefit from it (poor connection).

Players with superior connections are punished by having their hit reg, as well as sync delayed by a seemingly arbitrary amount, in an attempt to normalize latency across all players in the lobby, while players with poor connections have their hit reg expedited. Meaning almost every face to face encounter is decided by who has the worst connection, as you are actually competing against the net code and not the individual.

This can be remedied by saturating your bandwidth, which produces artificially high latency. Though, for those of us with a great deal of bandwidth, even that can be a chore. Just be mindful that you don't saturate to the point of affecting data packet transfer, as that will have a negative effect. That said, there is only so much you can do to increase you latency and you can only increase it so much.

Even in games where every player has green bars, there is still a lot of compensation happening, as green bars no longer mean an acceptable amount of latency. In Black Ops, green bars range anywhere from 0 to ~300ms of latency.

tl:dr - if you are having issues with other players magically dropping you with a single round after you have fired an entire magazine into them - SATURATE YOUR BANDWIDTH. In Black Ops, HIGH latency reigns supreme; while LOW latency (especially host) is punished.

I'm waiting to get the thread links but there is some serious amount of BS going on within this game...

Well, if that's true it definitely makes sense. I have a pretty good internet connection - 30 down, 1 up. Feels like I'm getting screwed all the time. I don't consistently get 4 bars though, and when I do get host, the game does seem like it's running better.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Trakan - A buddy of mine sent this to me this am...

Black Ops has some of the worst implemented latency compensation. Players with average to below average connections will either not notice this (average connection) or benefit from it (poor connection).

Players with superior connections are punished by having their hit reg, as well as sync delayed by a seemingly arbitrary amount, in an attempt to normalize latency across all players in the lobby, while players with poor connections have their hit reg expedited. Meaning almost every face to face encounter is decided by who has the worst connection, as you are actually competing against the net code and not the individual.

This can be remedied by saturating your bandwidth, which produces artificially high latency. Though, for those of us with a great deal of bandwidth, even that can be a chore. Just be mindful that you don't saturate to the point of affecting data packet transfer, as that will have a negative effect. That said, there is only so much you can do to increase you latency and you can only increase it so much.

Even in games where every player has green bars, there is still a lot of compensation happening, as green bars no longer mean an acceptable amount of latency. In Black Ops, green bars range anywhere from 0 to ~300ms of latency.

tl:dr - if you are having issues with other players magically dropping you with a single round after you have fired an entire magazine into them - SATURATE YOUR BANDWIDTH. In Black Ops, HIGH latency reigns supreme; while LOW latency (especially host) is punished.

I'm waiting to get the thread links but there is some serious amount of BS going on within this game...[/QUOTE]
Ok this is what I really dont understand, when I have host its like the entire game is going great, so I dont get how the host is punished. A good player who is host is basically on god mode in Black Ops.

Christ, why don't they just do dedicated servers? Why do we have to rely on someone else's internet connection to have a good game?

And why doesn't the game do a ping check on all the players and just pick the host from there?

I personally don't mind waiting an extra minute or so if it means the game will actually be tolerable.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Christ, why don't they just do dedicated servers? Why do we have to rely on someone else's internet connection to have a good game?

And why doesn't the game do a ping check on all the players and just pick the host from there?

I personally don't mind waiting an extra minute or so if it means the game will actually be tolerable.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that Gears 3 changes Xbox Live in such a way that bullshit lag is minimized in future games. Hopefully that becomes the innovation that Halo 2 was for last generation.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Trakan - A buddy of mine sent this to me this am...

I'm waiting to get the thread links but there is some serious amount of BS going on within this game...[/QUOTE]

What. The. fuck? 0 - 300 ms? That seems in-fucking excusable. What the hell do yellow bars imply then? The equivalent of a 56k connection?

I knew the net code in this game was pretty wonky from launch week but wow. Too bad I've already gotten used to it now. Sniping, prestiging and valkyries are the only things keeping my boredom in check but it's nice to know I'm not mistaken when I can expect losing most head to head encounters due to connection bs even while hosting.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I really hope that Gears 3 changes Xbox Live in such a way that bullshit lag is minimized in future games. Hopefully that becomes the innovation that Halo 2 was for last generation.[/QUOTE]

I definitely have high hopes for Gears 3 myself but don't expect that much improvement. My old online crew has all but disbanded since most quit the last Gears along with me or grew out of the MP scene completely so if the servers don't pan out then I'll probably move on for good.

Hey everyone tell me what there favorite attachment is for the MP5K ? thanks

I kinda like extended mags but I kinda dont like the iron sights because there so damn jumpy so do you think I should switch to red dot ? thanks

Damn, that net code business sounds terrible. I do notice that the MP feels off sometimes, but it's pretty rare.

Though I suppose I could be one of those who benefits from an average connection. I only get about 15 Mb/s down and 4 up.

bread's done
Back