Call of Duty Ghosts X360/PS3 $20, XBO/PS4 $30 at Newegg

The MP is the worst in a long time and extinction mode doesn't hold a candle to zombies, the campaign is one of the best yet though IMO.  Still can't believe it dropped this quick in price though.

Thanks OP! Picking it up to try out the "slasher" mode. Refuse to call it "Michael Myers" since I never remember him using an hatchet in any of the films.
Umm sorry to burst your bubble but the Michael Myers care package is ONLY in a map pack map called fog. That isn't in any other map.

Don't do it guys. The game is garbage. I'd recommend getting Garden Warfare or wait for Titanfall (or both) if you are looking for a good online game.

Thanks OP, bought. I bought the PS4 version a few weeks ago ($39.99), and decided to get a PS3 copy so I can play with my PS3 friends who don't have a PS4. I'm not a fan of digital, so I didn't do the upgrade, but for those of you who somehow don't know, you can purchase the PS3 version of Ghosts, and then purchase the digital PS4 version for just $10. You have to have your PS3 disc in the PS4 though. This lasts until the end of March. I told my Cousin to do it so he can take part of the deal. $30 for both PS3 and PS4 versions is a fucking steal!

Last edited by a moderator:
The MP is the worst in a long time and extinction mode doesn't hold a candle to zombies, the campaign is one of the best yet though IMO. Still can't believe it dropped this quick in price though.
The multiplayer isn't BAD. It just can't stand up to Black Ops 2. Most of that bad hype, though, is from quickscopers who are butthurt.

Not sure whether to get this on PS4 or Xbox One.
Depends on what controller you prefer. Really there's not THAT much difference unless you decide to buy map packs. M$ still has early rights to all Map packs released so you would have to wait 30 days to get them on PS4.

PS positives- true 1080p (not a major difference though since the game is made for current gen and then ported to next gen)
Longer recording window (15 minutes vs 5) if you want to make fun of your friends when you miser them

Xbox- map packs early
Livelier community

This is a tough choice. But the Xbox obviously has the better controller for FPS games.

All of this doesn't matter right now anyway as I do not yet own a PS4, Xbox One, or even a 1080p tv. But I will own all three, as well as a gaming PC, this year..

For the people that aren't into Multiplayer, try out the offline bots mode.
The bots are actually pretty intelligent, and it is much more enjoyable playing against them instead of all the cheats and hackers.
I never play multiplayer, but I've been playing a ton of bots, and also Squads.

The bots are actually pretty intelligent, and it is much more enjoyable playing against them instead of all the cheats and hackers.
Can you level up fighting bots? And do those stats carry over into MP with other humans?

I'm leveling up somehow in Squads, and unlocking new items. Don't know if it carries over to MP, since I don't even bother with that.
Bots is just for fun, and doesn't level up at all. But the good thing is that everything is unlocked, so you can try out any combination you want. They are MUCH smarter than the bots in Black Ops II.
My son and I enjoyed split screen bots so much, I bought a second cheap copy of the game, to play full screen together. Plus I have a Wii U copy to mess with on the gamepad.

I'm leveling up somehow in Squads, and unlocking new items. Don't know if it carries over to MP, since I don't even bother with that.
Bots is just for fun, and doesn't level up at all. But the good thing is that everything is unlocked, so you can try out any combination you want. They are MUCH smarter than the bots in Black Ops II.
My son and I enjoyed split screen bots so much, I bought a second cheap copy of the game, to play full screen together. Plus I have a Wii U copy to mess with on the gamepad.
thanks bud. go rangers baby!

This is a tough choice. But the Xbox obviously has the better controller for FPS games.

All of this doesn't matter right now anyway as I do not yet own a PS4, Xbox One, or even a 1080p tv. But I will own all three, as well as a gaming PC, this year..
Its a waiting game then. Depends on how many converts Titan fall retains.

If its a passing fad (I mean fad as CoD plyers are drawn then go back to CoD) then this may be the lowest price for a while.

If Titanfall takes and retains those CoD players over the next 4-6 months and CoD starts to feel the pressure than it will dip back to $20 or less

Can you level up fighting bots? And do those stats carry over into MP with other humans?
Yes you an level in squads (bots + 1 real player) and it carries to MP. But it's about 1/3-1/2 the speed of leveling in MP. And the stats (headshots, kills, k/d etc) does not transfer over.

Not sure whether to get this on PS4 or Xbox One.
I'd say go with PS4. 1080p / 60 fps, plus the Dualshock 4's new L2 and R2 triggers feel amazing and are ideal for shooters. Knowing this, the controls have already been swapped to the back triggers instead of L1 and R1. Takes a little getting used to, but it feels great. You could get the PS3 version now (if you have one), then use the Playstation App or the online webstore to get your PS4 digital version for $10 so you'll have it when you get a PS4. Then you'd have the best of both worlds.

Just a forewarning I got burned on the 360/ps3 version cause they took out "Groundwar", didn't really think to research it since it's been in the last 4 or so. It's the mode I enjoy most, casual and lots of chaos.

tempting, but I think I'll pass.

definitely franchise fatigue for these games, I did recently get Black Ops 2 from a 99gamers trade, and only because it was like 10 coins, they really should hold off on making these games for a bit, and polish/pack one with new features.

tempting, but I think I'll pass.

definitely franchise fatigue for these games, I did recently get Black Ops 2 from a 99gamers trade, and only because it was like 10 coins, they really should hold off on making these games for a bit, and polish/pack one with new features.
I agree for the most part. Honestly I'd love to see them make another WWII era game upgraded with next gen graphics and capabilities. At least it'd be a little different.

that might be true, but the Al has never been smarter than a real person.

If 3arch would just release a zombies only game, I would be stoked. 3 or 4 large maps on a stand alone zombies title for 50 bucks? They can take the money out of my wallet themselves. Add a season pass to it, golden. They would make a killing.

If 3arch would just release a zombies only game, I would be stoked. 3 or 4 large maps on a stand alone zombies title for 50 bucks? They can take the money out of my wallet themselves. Add a season pass to it, golden. They would make a killing.
Yeah... No... Make it 10-12 maps. NO Season Pass. And only $20.

Honestly, Treyarch is the only one of the CoD3 that's still makes decent titles.

I am sort of tempted, this is only because i accidentally awoke my dark passenger from a long slumber. I don't know whether to get this or Black Ops II. There have been season pass sales on BOII. Will say this is one series that definitely has an advantage on consoles over pc from the awful ports.

Modern Warfare is a guilty pleasure, one i feel terrible for indulging in when i am done playing. I know everyone does it, i rather not be caught doing it. I do wish the melee kills were more satisfying, like battlefield. I do love me some battlefield, even halo had a nice sounding crunch effect when you slammed your elbow into a persons face. I am the kinda guy that loves taking knives to a gunfight and Assassin's Creed was perfect, there were only knives. If you were the dumb person that showed up with a gun, you got stabbed instantly.

Decisions, Decisions....

For those who own the PS3 version, can you get the PS4 digital version with that copy? All the PS4 versions are sold out. Figures

I am sort of tempted, this is only because i accidentally awoke my dark passenger from a long slumber. I don't know whether to get this or Black Ops II. There have been season pass sales on BOII. Will say this is one series that definitely has an advantage on consoles over pc from the awful ports.

Modern Warfare is a guilty pleasure, one i feel terrible for indulging in when i am done playing. I know everyone does it, i rather not be caught doing it. I do wish the melee kills were more satisfying, like battlefield. I do love me some battlefield, even halo had a nice sounding crunch effect when you slammed your elbow into a persons face. I am the kinda guy that loves taking knives to a gunfight and Assassin's Creed was perfect, there were only knives. If you were the dumb person that showed up with a gun, you got stabbed instantly.

Decisions, Decisions....
If you're looking for multiplayer all opinions I've seen suggest BO2 has the better online experience.

[quote name="ragingpdm" post="11586536" timestamp="1394113896"]For those who own the PS3 version, can you get the PS4 digital version with that copy? All the PS4 versions are sold out. Figures[/quote]

If it has the code inside, you can.

For those who own the PS3 version, can you get the PS4 digital version with that copy? All the PS4 versions are sold out. Figures
Yes; that's how it works. The upgrade availability for Ghosts ends on March 31st though.

The TIV for this is $18 or $32 if its 2x week.

You would still be paying $42 OOP on South Park if not losing $2 on trade in.

Those numbers don't consider GCU though.

I don't see how that's a good deal for you.
i mean return ghosts unopened. I brought Ghosts for 20 bucks already. Should i wait 2 days to return it for south park

i mean return ghosts unopened. I brought Ghosts for 20 bucks already. Should i wait 2 days to return it for south park
Excuse my ignorance but do you mean you bought it at Best Buy for $60, then bought a $20 copy and are intending to exchange the $20 copy using the receipt for the $60 copy for South Park ?

Excuse my ignorance but do you mean you bought it at Best Buy for $60, then bought a $20 copy and are intending to exchange the $20 copy using the receipt for the $60 copy for South Park ?
lol no. I PM ghosts at best buy 2hrs ago. i want to know if it possible to return it to get south park

i know i have 15 days to return it

If you're looking for multiplayer all opinions I've seen suggest BO2 has the better online experience.
Yes and no. Lag comp was horrible on BO2. It was honestly one of the most fun and most frustrating MP. I haven't played it since ghosts and probably with the servers being stressed less probably helps (yes servers play a factor when parsing data between the host and clients)

bread's done
Back