Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Loving extinction mode.  Been playing that all weekend with friends. Just "prestiged" last night and got my relic achievement.  Have the complete all challenges and escape one left for extinction.  Definitely will be getting the X1 version sooner rather than later.  I won't mind one bit playing it again for the achievements. :D

Really liking the story thus far too.  Just got to the 5th level this morning.

If anyone is looking for some Teamates for Ghosts (360), send me a message on XBL. A group of us is usually on every night.

Game looks okay on the Xone/X1/Xbox One/The Scone. Not the prettiest game, but good enough for now.

Sorta weird since I've never been a fan, but, with Ghosts, hardcore mode works better for my play since the damage between regular and hardcore is a lot more similar in this game and hardcore removes the crosshair, map, and, uh, just feels like it evens things out, and such.

And I dunno what it is about the Infinity Ward games, but I always go back to Danger Close and the grenade launcher. Just like the good ol' Calladoody 4 days. With Treyarch games, it always boils down to Marathon/Agility and that single-pump shotgun. SCIENCE

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the new squad aspect. I have to play oome as a girl at first? If much rather they just let you customize your online person.

Overall I have to say this is by far my least favorite COD game .I didn't play the 360 version and waited for the XB1 to be released to play Ghosts, and so far (I finished the campaign and have played an hour or two of MP) I am not impressed.  IW isn't really the same IW as the guys who made the Modern Warfare games -- so many people have left the developer by this point and it shows. It just doesn't feel as tight or well produced...and from what I've played, the MP maps are really pretty terrible. Convoluted, unattractive, I hate the new radar system and the changes to the ranking/class structure seem arbitrary. Granted I need more time to get into it, but I'm unimpressed so far (does it get better?). 

The single player campaign was just ludicrous. Sure, they've all been getting progressively dumber, but this one was easily the worst -- a mishmash of cliches in a brainless plot with lazy game mechanics (the underwater level is essentially reskinned in outerspace later in the game -- talk about lame!). And how many times can they blow up the world by this point? I almost feel like they want the bombed-out level design so they don't have as much work to do in crafting the maps.

The cliffhanger ending was also outrageously bad...I truly hope we don't have Ghosts 2 in two years, though hopefully Treyarch will do a better job with whatever they have cooking for their '14 game. Their games long ago surpassed IW's efforts, especially where MP maps are concerned IMO, so there's hope there..in the meantime, I might go with BF4 instead, because I'm having a hard time getting into this one.

I actually liked the ending. The possibility of
playing the bad guy who thinks he is the good guy is intriguing. I am not saying IW will go this route but it would be something to play as Logan who has been brainwashed into thinking the Ghosts are the bad guys.  The entire second game could be how he try to work against them and begins to defeat them. The third game could be his redemption and ultimately how he saves the "world".
While most of the story of Ghosts was laughable I do think the ending could allow for a better more nuanced second act.  Will IW do that? Most likely not.

I'm not sure if It's just me and my friends connection or the fact that the servers are smaller? But the X1 version of Ghosts seems a lot better in terms lag. Games run pretty flawless.

Obviously the graphics are slightly better, that Skyrim like level (name escapes me atm) with the stone castle looks LEAGUES better on the X1 over the 360 (I switched between both copies on my TV to take a look at how much better it looked). But overall the game isn't *THAT* much better looking.

The dual digital version was a god send in terms of value because I can switch between systems with ease while still playing with my friends who have it on the 360.

I picked up the digital copy of COD ghosts for 360 + Xbox One at Target on clearance.  Does it take forever to download this for the Xbox One?  I'm wondering if I should return this and buy the disc version for Xbox One only.

Your going to return a digital copy? That would be interesting, but hey if it works...

FYI it took me over 6 hours to download and I am on a 50mbps/elite tier of ATT Uverse internet, and I was the only one using the internet that entire time to. When I had to re-download it due to X1 issues I just left it on while I slept lol. The file size is around 50gigs with the update patches.

It's by far the toughest download/install yet. Luckily for me (download wise) It's the only digital title I own besides Killer instinct which is only 3 gigs.

Well, I'm done with Ghosts. When a game becomes a chore, it's time to let it go.

I'll get my competitive fix from something else.

Not sure what the latest update did, but Infinity Ward needs to somehow improve their respawn system. Feels like every other death I spawn within eyesight of opponents and am killed within three seconds. I can deal with the shitty uninspired maps and shitty graphics but playing the multiplayer has become a chore because of the shitty respawn system. That's what this game is in a nutshell: Shitty. I ignore reviews but they are right this time.

I booted up my 360 and played some Black Ops 2. I can hardly wait until Treyarch releases their next Call of Duty game for the PS4 or Xbox One—because it is more than apparent that they are the superior Call of Duty creator.

Last trayarch game to me that was good was wow. If iw fixes spawns ghost will be the best cod game since mw2 on my opinion. The. Lack of air support kill streaked has helped the game be less annoying. I refuese to play ghost much till spawns are fixed.

Your going to return a digital copy? That would be interesting, but hey if it works...

FYI it took me over 6 hours to download and I am on a 50mbps/elite tier of ATT Uverse internet, and I was the only one using the internet that entire time to. When I had to re-download it due to X1 issues I just left it on while I slept lol. The file size is around 50gigs with the update patches.

It's by far the toughest download/install yet. Luckily for me (download wise) It's the only digital title I own besides Killer instinct which is only 3 gigs.
It's a physical box that is sealed sold at Target. I would assume I could return it. :) Wow 6 hours! hmmm I think I will be looking around for disc version. At 50 Gigs that would take at a minimum 9 and a half hours to download at my internet speeds.

I didn't like it at first but then (as mentioned earlier in this thread) I had to adjust my play style from BlOps2.  I am enjoying it much more now.  i feel like there is a little too much going on in some of the maps but overall I am enjoying it.  

There are a few things I like.  The knife actually works compared to BLOPS2.   The hit detection is somewhat better than BLOPS2 IMO.   Blitz is fun IMO.

Overall though, this game is is a streaming turd.

Boring ass or worthless killstreaks like air superiority, the sorry ass sentry gun...

Boring ass or worthless map specific crate drops like Satellite Crash, Mortar Fire, Sabotage...

Boring ass or worthless map designs...

Quick-Scoping still prevalant...

Spawns are still f-ed up...

As many issues as BLOPS2 had, I still had way more fun with it than Ghosts mainly because scorestreaks actually opened up the gameplay, especially in Kill Confirmed.  The only reason to play this is if you have friends to play with.  The split-screen randoms are BRUTAL in this game.  The one other thing I can praise this game for is that it has broken me of ever wanting to pre-order a COD game again.

Surprisingly, the DLC maps are actually good -- much better than the main game IMO (one of them is a repurposed Scrapyard from MW2).

Small/medium maps without as much "overthinking" in the level design and good atmosphere on top of it. 

If the spawns weren't all jacked up, the game would be fine. Last night, I spawned walked 5 steps forward around an obstacle and then an opponent spawned in the exact spot I just left. I had Amplify on and heard him take a step, turned around and shot him. Otherwise, I'd have been the dead one.

Even the small maps are large enough that I shouldn't have someone spawn that close to me, much less right behind me.

If the spawns weren't all jacked up, the game would be fine. Last night, I spawned walked 5 steps forward around an obstacle and then an opponent spawned in the exact spot I just left. I had Amplify on and heard him take a step, turned around and shot him. Otherwise, I'd have been the dead one.

Even the small maps are large enough that I shouldn't have someone spawn that close to me, much less right behind me.
That continues to my big problem. Playing Free for All last night, I died as soon as the round started. Respawned in the same spot, got shot by the same guy. Two deaths in 10 seconds of the round starting! Beyond frustrating.

The other day I got migrating host on the Xbox One version of this game. I assume that means we are no longer always playing on dedicated servers. I thought that was the one thing Microsoft was bring to the table was free dedicated servers for all developers.

Haven't played it in a minute but add me, dennisb407

Is there a way to see what your field orders are when you forget or didnt see them? #SeriousQuestion
I'll add you.

And your field orders will be displayed on the bottom left hand corner of screen when you pick them up.

Just got this in the mail from Newegg.

Um...  This is the worst Call of Duty of all time.

Just got this in the mail from Newegg.

Um... This is the worst Call of Duty of all time.
Some of us have been saying this for months, trying to help you guys. Now you know we were speaking truth. Try extinction mode and see if you like that. It was the only thing I liked about the game (aside from the high TIV when I traded it in).

I shoulda looked in this thread and watched videos.  I wanted to be surprised...  :(

Even though I opened it, I can still sell it for more than I paid, so that's good.  Thankfully I didn't redeem the DLC code.

I see that everyone has gone over all this before, but some of the shit highlights:

- Hot doodoo spawn system.

- Terrible maps that promote camping / cowering in corners.

- Unbalanced weapons.

- Etc.

This feels like a Call of Duty clone and not an actual Call of Duty game.  Makes me wonder what the next-gen Black Ops titles will be like. :/

Last edited:
Black ops will not be our until 2015. Will say ghost is for me worst cod game since first blackops. Puzzles me how they never fixed spawn issues. Sad part is the recent map pack is pretty good. I can't wait to see what sledgehammer has in store this fall. I enjoyed mw3 mp which they worked on.

I bought my copy for $17.99 shipped from Newegg and was able to sell it today, used, for around $26.  :D/

Back to Black Ops 2.

Last edited:
I haven't bothered to play Ghosts yet. I haven't played a CoD game in forever. I might pick up Ghosts one of these days, but I don't know if I really feel any interest in the series anymore. 

1.) MW2

2.) Black Ops 2

3.) MW3

4.) Call of Duty 4

5.) Black Ops

6.) World at War

7.) Nsync for the Game Boy Color

8.) Call of Duty Ghosts

The spawn points still suck but the worst COD is still World at War.
If I hadn't played Ghosts, I would've agreed with you. (Especially the campaign on veteran... :roll: ). That was the worst CoD. Then I had the misfortune to play Ghosts...

i agree and for me mw2 is very close 2nd. here i was thinking titanfall would bring back the great times of the days those guys made cod. well that did not happen and now im stuck playing avg fps games.
MW2 is a fond and close 2nd to CoD4. Such great times. If they had removed the nuke and fixed the noob tubing, might've been tied with CoD4. I'm loving TF and I think it's a lot different than a CoD game. In my mind, CoD, BF, and TF each belong in their own separate subcategories of FPS. I personally do not think they are substitutes for each other.

bread's done
Back