Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

"Hey lets play some MP you can finish the SP later"
"Alright fine"
"We can play this new gametype that is really cool called Kill Confirmed"
"Hey I heard about it a little everyone seems to like it, how do you play?
"So after you kill someone you have to pick up there dog tags to have it count for your team, if you pick up one of your own teammates after they die it doesnt count."
"Ok, how do you pick up the dogtag?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean what buttons do I press to pick it up?"
"Nothing you just walk over it"
"......."
"What?"
"Thats like saying you invented a new sandwhich, it requires bread, ham and cheese then after you are done making it...and here is where the twist comes...you open it back up and put some mustard on it."
"So you are saying KC is a ham sandwhich?"
"No of course not...KC is a ham sandwhich that you make, put on a plate, go sit down, get comfy, then get back up to add the mustard."

But seriously? What the hell is up with KC? Its the dumbest fucking mode I have ever seen in a game. Its identical to any other TDM with the added step of walking? How long do you think they were in R and D for this mode? (I not ripping on the game itself but that mode is retarded) You guys set me up for that because you were talking about it earlier and I was actually looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Thoroughly enjoying the single player. Multiplayer to me is "meh". Like others have posted, I was a HUGE fan of MW1, World at War, MW2 and Black Ops but this one just isn't grabbing me.

Not a fan of the maps either. Most are too small and full of too much bullshit. On the other hand I do really think the new KS system is awesome. Really like the support class and being able to help out my team w/o getting a crazy K/DR. Will give it another week or month but dunno if I will play it nearly as much as BF3.[/QUOTE]

My gut reaction after playing for a few hours this afternoon and tonight is also that the maps are a big disappointment. The layouts are too small and the environments are bland. Where's the variety in the settings? Every level no matter where its taking place looks the same. Whether its because of the IW issues or whatever, the map layouts feel totally generic after Black Ops, WAW and both of the prior MW games. Ill give it more time also but I hate how every level just is so cramped and has so many corners and openings that you can get nailed from just about anywhere.

The multiplayer feels like a generic shooter, like it lacks the standard quality of IW titles.

Not only that but IMO it completely lacks the quality of Treyarch's last two games. Black Ops and WAW's map layouts blow this game out of the water so far. You could argue that they're taking the lead now in this series given what IW and Sledgehammer turned in here, which is a step backwards in terms of design and also graphics. There's just no "wow factor" (to use a cliche term) in terms of how these levels look or play.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these bad comments make me not even want to pick up the game. But since kmart is having that spend 110+ get 50 GC deal i want to get SOMETHING, and i cant think of anything else really.

[quote name='The 7th Number']All these bad comments make me not even want to pick up the game. But since kmart is having that spend 110+ get 50 GC deal i want to get SOMETHING, and i cant think of anything else really.[/QUOTE]

i am sure it will be better...every CoD release has this kind of backlash. There are things i dont like about it and things i do like about it. Its normal Call of Duty. Everyone ragged on Blops but still played it...i see the same for this game.

I really think more games would benefit with a beta like Gears or BF so they can work out the kinks when release day rolls around. Activision should start doing this with Call of Duty.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

But seriously? What the hell is up with KC? Its the dumbest fucking mode I have ever seen in a game. Its identical to any other TDM with the added step of walking? How long do you think they were in R and D for this mode? (I not ripping on the game itself but that mode is retarded) You guys set me up for that because you were talking about it earlier and I was actually looking forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]

Um, I think the point of Kill Confirmed is that you NEED to walk over the tags to get the kill, so instead of looking out a window for the whole match you need to go get the tags.

Biggest mistake ever. Trading in Battlefield 3 for MW3. I'm for sure going to pick up BF3 again, no doubt. I'm just angry with myself that I supported a company who could care less about their fans. I mean come on everyone that says this game isn't the same as MW2 is just kidding themselves. They could have at-least done some more polishing on the graphics or sound instead of just creating new maps and a singleplayer story.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But seriously? What the hell is up with KC? Its the dumbest fucking mode I have ever seen in a game. Its identical to any other TDM with the added step of walking? How long do you think they were in R and D for this mode? (I not ripping on the game itself but that mode is retarded) You guys set me up for that because you were talking about it earlier and I was actually looking forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]

That sandwich analogy is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Anyways though, it's to discourage the thing you hate the most. Camping. Plus new gametypes are always welcome.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Definitely not digging this game as much as I had hoped.[/QUOTE]
What a difference one day makes. Muuuch better Day 2, in my mind, for this game - I had a lot of fun tonight (minus getting stuck in shitty 3-bar rooms).

I think the game is okay, campaign was fun but very short (finishing in at just over four hours). Big explosive "blockbuster" moments, but nothing more really. Better than Battlefield 3 campaign just based on the fact its more fun.

I was thinking that the next Call of Duty game needs to be different, because for the last like 4 years its pretty much been the exact same game and its getting a little tiring now. And I don't know maybe they've keep the games like this for so long because it works and it sells, massively. But as a gamer its just becoming a chore..

In terms of multiplayer its a nice distraction, won't be playing it as much as I did the previous games. It'll be fun for a while, leveling up and unlocking stuff but then i'll probably start drifting off it. Its just difficult, I don't think its been that much fun since Modern Warfare and World at War - I put alot of hours into those games because they were more simple and not complicated with these new features.

I'm pretty terrible at this game. I think I finished in a negative K/D every round. I think I just need to find "my spots" on the maps, whereas right now I'm walking around a lot exploring.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
But seriously? What the hell is up with KC? Its the dumbest fucking mode I have ever seen in a game. Its identical to any other TDM with the added step of walking? How long do you think they were in R and D for this mode? (I not ripping on the game itself but that mode is retarded) You guys set me up for that because you were talking about it earlier and I was actually looking forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]

Camp much?

Question about the campaign:

What happened to Frost after the last mission where you play as him? In the diamond mine level, I didn't notice him around even though Sandman, Grinch, and Truck are there. Did I miss something that explains why he wasn't there?

Also, does anyone else think that David O'Hara was the voice of Baseplate? I haven't found a cast list for the game that says who the VA for Baseplate was.

[quote name='razgriz24']kill confirmed is a ton of fun...best addition to the game imo[/QUOTE]

I didn't think they'd ever find a way to discourage camping, but I have to admit that this mode is a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i can't even connect to a game mid match. try using a shotgun. It should be the best CQB weapon. You will get 1 hit kills up close and then for some stupid reason you are at the same distance...or even closer and you get hit markers. I thought Bullet lag was bad in black ops but MW 3 Vanilla takes the cake. i am pretty sure they will fix it as MW 2 gradually got better with the patches.

It also probably has to do with the 9.3 million people including us who bought the game day 1. So their serves are getting thrashed.[/QUOTE]

I tried using a shotgun last night, it's completely useless.

Tried using the MP5, the recoil is so exagerated it makes the gun useless as well because of the damage it DOESN'T do, shooting it in bursts leaves you open to incoming fire from more powerful weapons.

Kill confirmed itself isn't a bad gametype, it doesn't work on these shitty, ridiculously small maps, by the time you kill someone then run down their tag someone is ALWAYS there to shoot you in the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Every level no matter where its taking place looks the same.[/QUOTE]This is my only real complaint with the multiplayer. The majority of the maps have the same rubble-and-debris look to them. It'd really be nice it there were more "clean" maps like Terminal.

[quote name='hustletron']I tried using a shotgun last night, it's completely useless.[/QUOTE]I picked up a shotgun last night for the first time off some dead guy and found it rather powerful. Thankfully it wasn't as broke as the 1887s in MW2, but it did mow down about 5 guys with one shot each during CQC.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Um, I think the point of Kill Confirmed is that you NEED to walk over the tags to get the kill, so instead of looking out a window for the whole match you need to go get the tags.[/QUOTE]

I get that, I just think its seriously the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game, as it took what? 5 seconds to think up, 5 min to program? I bet it took longer to think of the name than the process of making it.

[quote name='Trakan']That sandwich analogy is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Anyways though, it's to discourage the thing you hate the most. Camping. Plus new gametypes are always welcome.[/QUOTE]

It is true I hate camping but I dont view this as discouraging it. There is nothing preventing you from camping and if you do all that happens is it hurts your own team.....which is what camping does (most of the time) in the first place. Talk about just pushing water around. You can still camp and let your team mates pick up tags. Also, this is so lazy I would never dare call it a new gametype. Hell you didnt even set the bar low you left it on the floor.

[quote name='yantelope']Camp much?[/QUOTE]

I camp none actually, its a very well known fact for me. Again, its just my opinion of the mode if you think its fun have at it...I still havent played enough MP to form solid opinions, I have only played 2 maps.

Finished the SP today on vet. Decent, not great..far too many Rambo set pieces..but some were pretty cool. The plane level is one that comes to mind. Although I noticed that a lot of the SpecOps maps are the same as the SP levels which is kind of a bummer for me. SpecOps is the only mode in the game I like.

MW devs beg for help with low metacritic score?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html

"I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."

When I read this I thought it was a joke by a forum member. I dont know what to feel about it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']MW devs beg for help with low metacritic score?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html

"I don't usually do this but, if u like MW3 go 2 Metacritic.com & help our user score," writes Schofield. "It's suspiciously low. Be honest but help if u agree."

When I read this I thought it was a joke by a forum member. I dont know what to feel about it.[/QUOTE]

Why are they even worried? They got their money already.

That is what I dont get? Since when do Devs give a shit about users scores? The pro score is at 89 (I think)

Color be confused.

Saying that developer is "begging" is a pretty far stretch. He's trying to counter-balance the metacritic score from basement dwellers that just give the game a 0 because it's Call of Duty.

[quote name='screwkick']Anyone else find the whole multiplayer experience frustrating? Spawns, hit detection, crummy maps...ect?[/QUOTE]

A quick, general glance at other boards seems to confirm what most have said in here: the maps are poorly designed and the majority is quite disappointed with them.

One thing I haven't figured out: did Sledgehammer design these maps? I heard they worked on the multi-player and it might explain why they don't "feel" like COD maps. So far I've found them close to impossible to get a rhythm on, they all have the same generic look and they're too small.

[quote name='hustletron']I tried using a shotgun last night, it's completely useless.[/QUOTE]

Your tune will change once you've come across an AA-12 or Striker user. All the power and consistency the others could have had migrated to those guns. The rest are Nerf manufactured hit marker factories. The only one I can't vouch for is the 87, but if it's anything like the post patched MW2 version it also won't be worth using in any situation.

Kill Confirmed is an awesome game type though if a bit boring after a while. Helps deter camping which is always nice, but as soon as one team hits the halfway mark all bets are off and picking up tags becomes a suicide mission. Even worse if you're already on a team comprised of a bunch of rambos expecting someone else to do it from the very beginning.

I agree with Sood on the user score situation. I understand having a sense of pride in your work, but you already have our money and fairly positive responses from the critics. So why do you still care? No game is perfect.

I played team deathmatch for about an hour last night, and I thought it was great. I am not really good at these games, but have grown better over time. The second fulll match I played I got 9 kills and a 4 kill streak...I was pleased. I thought the maps were fun. I can't wait to dive further into this game and up that kill count!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Saying that developer is "begging" is a pretty far stretch. He's trying to counter-balance the metacritic score from basement dwellers that just give the game a 0 because it's Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]

The reason he's even saying anything is irrelevant, I would give the game a 0 just out of spite and I can assure you I'm not a "basement dweller".

The demographic shouldn't be considered when you assume the reasoning behind why the score is what it is.

They made a mediocre game AT BEST, it deserves lower than 90 or whatever it is and they should be happy they're getting that. This doucher is "calling out" to the fan base because he thinks it should be higher? If they made a game deserving of a higher score than previous games I'm sure it would get scored accordingly.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Your tune will change once you've come across an AA-12 or Striker user. All the power and consistency the others could have had migrated to those guns. The rest are Nerf manufactured hit marker factories. The only one I can't vouch for is the 87, but if it's anything like the post patched MW2 version it also won't be worth using in any situation.

Kill Confirmed is an awesome game type though if a bit boring after a while. Helps deter camping which is always nice, but as soon as one team hits the halfway mark all bets are off and picking up tags becomes a suicide mission. Even worse if you're already on a team comprised of a bunch of rambos expecting someone else to do it from the very beginning.

I agree with Sood on the user score situation. I understand having a sense of pride in your work, but you already have our money and fairly positive responses from the critics. So why do you still care? No game is perfect.[/QUOTE]

I was using the KSG cuz it's a nasty real life shotgun but here it's trash.

[quote name='hustletron']I was using the KSG cuz it's a nasty real life shotgun but here it's trash.[/QUOTE]

x2 i was excited to see that gun in game until i shot a couple guys with it. such an awesome gun in reality.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']A quick, general glance at other boards seems to confirm what most have said in here: the maps are poorly designed and the majority is quite disappointed with them.

One thing I haven't figured out: did Sledgehammer design these maps? I heard they worked on the multi-player and it might explain why they don't "feel" like COD maps. So far I've found them close to impossible to get a rhythm on, they all have the same generic look and they're too small.[/QUOTE]

would like to know who made the maps. i feared they would be different from the respawn exodus and the large amount who left. so how bad are the maps? are they karachi bad?

Does anyone remember(or have a link) to when the first dlc will come out? and what are the intervals for the dlc. on the fence right now about this.

The UMP and Spas-12 do not feel the same. My go to guns atm are the Type 95 and G36C. Type 95 is an overpowered MW2 Famas and I love the G36C for its really fast load time. I don't have to use sleight of hand.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah type 95 is cool, but you're kinda fucked in cqc.[/QUOTE]

yeah but its an insane mid to long range. instant 3 shot burst kill with Silencer. but you can say that will all burst fire weapons.

[quote name='integralsmatic']yeah but its an insane mid to long range. instant 3 shot burst kill with Silencer. but you can say that will all burst fire weapons.[/QUOTE]

IF you hit them with all three bullets, otherwise its a 2-hit kill.

P.S. The spawns are garbage, I get flashed the moment I spawn a little too often.

respawn entertainment lawsuit finally coming to court next week.

Case Number: SC107041 (need to type this # in)
http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilcalendar/?CaseType=Civil

mw3 relevant because if west and zampanella win, afaik they could win the intellectual property and prevent DLC from being released.
(obtained from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ses-Could-Be-Vetoed-By-West-and-Zampella.html) via wikipedia)

i cant imagine the consequences if this case is settled before all "20 pieces" of DLC promised by the Elite membership are released.

[quote name='yahoosale14']respawn entertainment lawsuit finally coming to court next week.

mw3 relevant because if west and zampanella win, afaik they could win the intellectual property and prevent DLC from being released.
(obtained from http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ses-Could-Be-Vetoed-By-West-and-Zampella.html) via wikipedia)

i cant imagine the consequences if this case is settled before all "20 pieces" of DLC promised by the Elite membership are released.[/QUOTE]

Sounds lucrative.

I love how every Mickey McRandom's ground breaking strategy in Survival mode involves planting copious amounts of dangerous explosives in random places or in close proximity of where they or I plan to camp.

I only have two words for you f*cking idiots - FRIENDLY. FIRE.

Thank God the only achievements tied to this mode involve buying things and making it to the 15th wave. I would have been done with the first four maps by now if my partner wasn't dry humping the explosive cache and screwing me over when he/she goes down in the middle of their kill zone.

Is it true that the time for obtaining "Founder" status will be extended? I'm waiting for the hardened edition to arrive but planned on using 4000 MSP to buy the Elite membership regardless. Does anyone know if the Elite bought via msp is the same as the membership sold in stores or the one with the hardened edition? I'm going to sell those anyway but wouldn't mind getting Founder status.

Also does anyone know how Elite works in regards to dlc? I don't plan on paying each year and would think that those who do the same won't be "renting" the dlc maps for a year

[quote name='Soodmeg']I get that, I just think its seriously the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a game, as it took what? 5 seconds to think up, 5 min to program? I bet it took longer to think of the name than the process of making it.

It is true I hate camping but I dont view this as discouraging it. There is nothing preventing you from camping and if you do all that happens is it hurts your own team.....which is what camping does (most of the time) in the first place. Talk about just pushing water around. You can still camp and let your team mates pick up tags. Also, this is so lazy I would never dare call it a new gametype. Hell you didnt even set the bar low you left it on the floor.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played Headhunter in Reach? Or Crysis 2's MP? Both of them had this type of gameplay and now it's been introduced into COD as Kill Confirmed. It didn't take five seconds to think up. It's actually very fun and if you just camp you're not going to do as well. It's also better for players who aren't as good who may die more but aren't punished as harshly as it's not entirely based on K/D ratio.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Is it true that the time for obtaining "Founder" status will be extended? I'm waiting for the hardened edition to arrive but planned on using 4000 MSP to buy the Elite membership regardless. Does anyone know if the Elite bought via msp is the same as the membership sold in stores or the one with the hardened edition? I'm going to sell those anyway but wouldn't mind getting Founder status.

Also does anyone know how Elite works in regards to dlc? I don't plan on paying each year and would think that those who do the same won't be "renting" the dlc maps for a year[/QUOTE]
http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

And for our premium members who are Founders, know that granting your status and delivering your in-game benefits in MW3 is a priority. Also, to ensure that every premium member receives their full money’s worth, we are immediately and automatically extending your membership to Call of Duty Elite by 30 days at no additional cost. If you’re still considering becoming a premium member, we’re going to extend Founder eligibility until the end of the month, and you will also receive the additional 30 days of access.

No idea how the DLC works with Elite, but that would be unfortunate if all you're doing is "renting" the DLC for a year. I'd assume that you would be able to keep whatever items, map packs, etc. were given out during your subscription service. If you opt out for the following year, then you would not be eligible for any further "premium" content. I may be wrong, but that's my whole understanding of the situation.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Is it true that the time for obtaining "Founder" status will be extended? I'm waiting for the hardened edition to arrive but planned on using 4000 MSP to buy the Elite membership regardless. Does anyone know if the Elite bought via msp is the same as the membership sold in stores or the one with the hardened edition? I'm going to sell those anyway but wouldn't mind getting Founder status.

Also does anyone know how Elite works in regards to dlc? I don't plan on paying each year and would think that those who do the same won't be "renting" the dlc maps for a year[/QUOTE]

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Yes to the extra month and the DLC is yours to keep forever. Not really sure where they said that but I know it's been said a few times.

Finally got my copy today and yea, it's kinda a MW2.5 but I am having a blast. I've been playing BF3 since it came out so I am having to remember how to play more run and gun. I didn't care for WAW or Black Ops so I'm glad to see them get back to MW style.

[quote name='yahoosale14']respawn entertainment lawsuit finally coming to court next week.

i cant imagine the consequences if this case is settled before all "20 pieces" of DLC promised by the Elite membership are released.[/QUOTE]

I would love for Respawn to win, especially if they got the Modern Warfare IP back.

Thanks BREVITY, I downloaded that to my daughter's account. Must not be any ladies talking about the CoD in here.

MW2-and-CoD-4-Maps-in-MW31.jpg

Maps from COD4/MW2 found in MW3's files.

http://mp1st.com/2011/11/10/cod-4-and-mw2-map-files-found-in-modern-warfare-3/

Might not mean anything though, they found weapon files in MW2 that were from COD4 that never made it to the game. Plus some of these maps would be coming back for the third time.

bread's done
Back