Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='xcoax']I don't know Flesh, after last night's session the magic just wasn't there... I mean, I had fun, but I wasn't all like "oh man, I need to play this game for the next 16 hours straight I'm having such a good time!"[/quote]

That's because you have the Fallouts. It's a sinister disease. ;)

No, but they lost 5-0 to the Sabres despite doubling Buffalo's shot total.

Remember kiddies, Montreal at the Rangers on NHL Network at 8 Eastern/5 Pacific!

Im on level 8, at the part where the tank goes in and flames everything. Seriously, i must have died at least 75+ times there. Veteran in COD5 is honestly sadistic at this point. If you end up anywhere thats an "open" area, 5 grenades + 10 headshots head to you immediately. Ive been trying to get through level 8 and its been over 3 hours, and i just said eff this and just saved it. Seriously, this is overboard.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im on level 8, at the part where the tank goes in and flames everything. Seriously, i must have died at least 75+ times there. Veteran in COD5 is honestly sadistic at this point. If you end up anywhere thats an "open" area, 5 grenades + 10 headshots head to you immediately. Ive been trying to get through level 8 and its been over 3 hours, and i just said eff this and just saved it. Seriously, this is overboard.[/quote]

Best thing to do is crawl right up the ass of that tank and then if you have to run back and take cover until you get a checkpoint.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im on level 8, at the part where the tank goes in and flames everything. Seriously, i must have died at least 75+ times there. Veteran in COD5 is honestly sadistic at this point. If you end up anywhere thats an "open" area, 5 grenades + 10 headshots head to you immediately. Ive been trying to get through level 8 and its been over 3 hours, and i just said eff this and just saved it. Seriously, this is overboard.[/quote]At least in the open areas you have room to run away from grenades raining down on you. It's the corridor fighting that's absolutely maddening for me.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']At least in the open areas you have room to run away from grenades raining down on you. It's the corridor fighting that's absolutely maddening for me.[/QUOTE]

I wonder about the grenade spam in the game. In one open area I ran all the back to almost the beginning of the stage, and magically a grenade appeared next to me.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']At least in the open areas you have room to run away from grenades raining down on you. It's the corridor fighting that's absolutely maddening for me.[/quote]

Yeah, that grenade indicator is much worse in World at War. It would be appreciated if there were levels of indication. Red for a grenade in lethal range, orange for a grenade in potentially lethal range, and yellow for a grenade that will harm but not kill. Add those colors to the present arrow system, and I would probably find it acceptable.

[quote name='Chase']Yeah, that grenade indicator is much worse in World at War. It would be appreciated if there were levels of indication. Red for a grenade in lethal range, orange for a grenade in potentially lethal range, and yellow for a grenade that will harm but not kill. Add those colors to the present arrow system, and I would probably find it acceptable.[/quote]

Uh they're all pretty much lethal in veteran mode. :)

damn this game is definitely a step back. I felt like I was playing COD 2 all over again (COD 2 was good by the way 3 yrs ago). I understand multiplayer is addicting but just stick to COD 4 PPL!

Despite people purposely discovering and exploiting faults in a few maps, I enjoy World at War's multiplayer as much as I did in Call of Duty 4. Of course, I much more enjoyed the modern style of Modern Warfare, but World at War is a solid World War II shooter. Since I play World at War a lot, I know where things happen and are on the maps, and that makes things much more enjoyable.

I still have not yet mastered the long-range Magnum, though. :whistle2:k

[quote name='mike.m']Uh they're all pretty much lethal in veteran mode. :)[/quote]

God, in Veteran, every grenade is like a hand-chucked mortar. :bomb:

[quote name='ohboy10451']damn this game is definitely a step back. I felt like I was playing COD 2 all over again (COD 2 was good by the way 3 yrs ago). I understand multiplayer is addicting but just stick to COD 4 PPL![/quote]

Despite people purposely discovering and exploiting faults in a few maps, I enjoy World at War's multiplayer as much as I did in Call of Duty 4. Of course, I much more enjoyed the modern style of Modern Warfare, but World at War is a solid World War II shooter. Since I play World at War a lot, I know where things happen and are on the maps, and that makes things much more enjoyable.

I still have not yet mastered the long-range Magnum, though. :whistle2:k

I did enjoy modern warfare both campaign and multiplayer...but i like the WaW multiplayer abit better than modern warfare, i dont know what it is.

I think its the weapons...Mosin-Nagant and Springfield :lol:

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']I think its the weapons...Mosin-Nagant and Springfield :lol:[/quote]

Me too, except I like the Mosin-Nagant and the Kar98k w/ bayonets, no scopes for me. I do fine with the Springfield but I seem to get fewer one shot kills with it, I think it is a little weaker but I could be wrong.

[quote name='Chase']Despite people purposely discovering and exploiting faults in a few maps, I enjoy World at War's multiplayer as much as I did in Call of Duty 4. Of course, I much more enjoyed the modern style of Modern Warfare, but World at War is a solid World War II shooter. Since I play World at War a lot, I know where things happen and are on the maps, and that makes things much more enjoyable.

I still have not yet mastered the long-range Magnum, though. :whistle2:k[/quote]

GAH!! Three people did the under the map thing on roundhouse tonight!! First time it has happened to me and ive racked up 10 hours of online play i think. Filed a complaint against em all though :)

[quote name='dropbearGSH']Me too, except I like the Mosin-Nagant and the Kar98k w/ bayonets, no scopes for me. I do fine with the Springfield but I seem to get fewer one shot kills with it, I think it is a little weaker but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I dont scope my Sprigfield, i have the bayonet on that. I have the scope on the Mosin-Nagant...its really satisfying! Im shit hot with the springfield! :lol: lol...i like the iron sights on it.

[quote name='Chase']
I still have not yet mastered the long-range Magnum, though. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I've found the colt works better for long distances. i dont know if thats just me, but i find its easier to aim with. is that just in my head?

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']GAH!! Three people did the under the map thing on roundhouse tonight!! First time it has happened to me and ive racked up 10 hours of online play i think. Filed a complaint against em all though :)
[/quote]

I enjoy playing on Roundhouse, but these glitches force me to vote to skip the map when it comes it. :whistle2:(

And I also file complaints against people who choose to exploit these glitches. Those people are most irritating.

[quote name='Ow3n']I've found the colt works better for long distances. i dont know if thats just me, but i find its easier to aim with. is that just in my head?[/quote]

The Colt, aye? Hmm ... well, if you recommend it, the Ender of All Living Things, then I must try it. :whistle2:k

How much time have you guys spent with Nazi zombies? Well, not in real life, but in WaW. I'm having a good time messing around in that mode as of late.

so...there was a guy on my team under Seelow tonight. I didnt know about that one

Im really starting to get annoyed by all the glitches, it seems like every time they fix one another one shows up

The Seelow is nearly impossible to do. I have found out about most of the glitches and then do a private match to see if I can do them, and that is the first one that I haven't been able to do. It isn't the best one either seeing as it is such a big map and so it is easy to stay away from a person glitching.

I tried to get back into this game after not playing for like 2 months.

*Sigh.

I instantly remember why I didnt like this compared to COD4. Its hard to explain, the only thing I can say is that its much less creative than COD4 was so much so that it almost goes into the bin of "run of the mill," shooters.

COD4 just felt new for some reason both single player and multi just at that feeling like I havent done it before. I even let the age old tactic of infinite respawns go because the single player story was presented in a way that was fresh and exciting.

And even with the M16 dominating with the newer user it still felt like some of more experienced players where experimenting with some of the different guns. Even if this is untrue it just seemed like you could make a more custom class that you wouldnt see that many other people having.

This game just feels so run of the mill for some reason....feels like I have been playing it for 5 years. I also dislike many of the new features, Dogs, Tanks, a couple perks the new Artillery strike them seems to hurt your team far more than the opposing. (Christ Treyarch you need that much shaky cam?)

But all is not lost though...I really am enjoying being exclusive to bolt actions. I havent found one that really suits me yet, I am liking the Kar a lot but the Mosin is nice too. Maybe I will go back to the springfield like that other user suggested.

Bolt Action + Dome = Halrious.

Well fuck... I came across what will probably be the next big hack/mod for WaW. Last night on a match on Makin I was up in the sniper tower when a teammate came up and started blasting his gun at the round hut. He was just holding down the trigger and ripping it apart. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then after I noticed this went on for 30 seconds using the FG32 and the fact that he didn't reload a single time or run out of ammo in the 30 seconds to a minute that this went on I realized it was some sort of hack.

It was definitely some sort of hack and I grabbed my camera in time to capture about 10 seconds of video all though he is shot at the 6 second mark or so.

I will try to get the video up later.

Thats another thing, I dont remember being this caught up in glitch in COD4. Everyday there is something new in WaW.

[quote name='mvp828']Well fuck... I came across what will probably be the next big hack/mod for WaW. Last night on a match on Makin I was up in the sniper tower when a teammate came up and started blasting his gun at the round hut. He was just holding down the trigger and ripping it apart. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then after I noticed this went on for 30 seconds using the FG32 and the fact that he didn't reload a single time or run out of ammo in the 30 seconds to a minute that this went on I realized it was some sort of hack.

It was definitely some sort of hack and I grabbed my camera in time to capture about 10 seconds of video all though he is shot at the 6 second mark or so.

I will try to get the video up later.[/quote]

I believe its a glitch involving bipods. Think its been there since day 1.

[quote name='mvp828']Well fuck... I came across what will probably be the next big hack/mod for WaW. Last night on a match on Makin I was up in the sniper tower when a teammate came up and started blasting his gun at the round hut. He was just holding down the trigger and ripping it apart. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then after I noticed this went on for 30 seconds using the FG32 and the fact that he didn't reload a single time or run out of ammo in the 30 seconds to a minute that this went on I realized it was some sort of hack.

I will try to get the video up later.[/QUOTE]

Like mike.m said, it is a glitch involving the bipod. I haven't played this game in close to a month after the first huge batch of glitches started happening and I had a friend of mine show me the glitches in a private match tonight. They are all very simple to do and I have decided I won't be coming back to this game at all due to these. There was nothing even close to as bad as these in CoD 4 and I refuse to show support by playing this game to a company that can't even keep their simple copy and paste with reskinning game glitch free or enough to where you can't kill people from undearneath the map or inside a rock or whatever.

[quote name='RudyPants']How much time have you guys spent with Nazi zombies? Well, not in real life, but in WaW. I'm having a good time messing around in that mode as of late.[/quote]
I've played quite a bit, and I can't seem to find out how to compare my top scores with anyone on my friends list. Is there a way?

I believe the best I've ever done is Level 6.

[quote name='mike.m']I believe its a glitch involving bipods. Think its been there since day 1.[/quote]

I don't mind the bipod glitch as it's easy to sneak around and kill them, as it takes a while for the enemy to unmount his gun and be ready in shooting form.

[quote name='mvp828']FYI it is a Double XP weekend effective right now.

EDIT Beat to the punch[/quote]

Hahaha ... what a coinky-dink, MVP. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Chase']Treyarch has unlocked the Nazi Zombies mode for everyone to play. This weekend is also Double XP weekend, and has been since 10 a.m. (PST) this morning.[/quote]

Is double xp still only for those who bought the collectors edition?

[quote name='dropbearGSH']Is double xp still only for those who bought the collectors edition?[/quote]

As SoulReaver mentioned, it is open to all. :mrgreen: I aim to prestige this weekend.

OK, definitely going to play this game this weekend and some of you guys are on my friend list, but I'll finally add the CAGWAW tag too. I've been spending my small amount of gaming time checking out used games I recently purchased in BB's B1G1 and GS's B2G1 and trying out the Guitar heroes I got on clearance at Target, but I've been itching to get back into the SP of this and start on the MP. If anyone's still online at 1 AM I'll probably be on at that time when I get home from my overtime day.

Im still stuck at that level with the flame tank on veteran difficulty. I tried for almost an hour last night and still couldnt beat it, died at least 40-50+ times. I think i may never come back to the game again, its utterly ridiculous. Truly sadistic.

[quote name='ajh2298']Double XP Weekend = Every glitch in the game being exploited[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they also fixed the glitches

[quote name='ajh2298']Double XP Weekend = Every glitch in the game being exploited[/quote]

Out of all the hour's I have played, I've encountered maybe 6 glitchers so far on roundhouse. Of course, I file a complaint and so does everybody else and give them bad feed back. But I havn't seen AS many exploiters so far for some reason. I also havn't played that much this weekend. Hopefully all day Sunday.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Im still stuck at that level with the flame tank on veteran difficulty. I tried for almost an hour last night and still couldnt beat it, died at least 40-50+ times. I think i may never come back to the game again, its utterly ridiculous. Truly sadistic.[/quote]

This is one of those levels i would run forward and run back. With the part with the tank I literally crawled up its ass and let it and the other soldiers do most of the work. Takes a few tries.

The larger rooms in the caves are tough, but you have to move slow.

[quote name='mike.m']This is one of those levels i would run forward and run back. With the part with the tank I literally crawled up its ass and let it and the other soldiers do most of the work. Takes a few tries.

The larger rooms in the caves are tough, but you have to move slow.[/QUOTE]

Tried the under the tank thing, id get killed immediately while crawling. Tried it maybe 10+ times in fact.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Tried the under the tank thing, id get killed immediately while crawling. Tried it maybe 10+ times in fact.[/quote]

Don't crawl, just crouch and stay right behind it. If you have to run back for cover and let it clear some enemies out.

bread's done
Back