Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

[quote name='$hady']I thought I was the only one who got that! I downloaded 2 and 3 the weekend before last and I get an error message now every time I start CoD. :roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='life.exe']I get it too, I have to download Makin Day everytime I play WaW.[/QUOTE]

Nope, its a widespread problem. The fact it hasn't been fixed is pretty pathetic.

Any possible sale on the map packs soon? If you were to pick between map pack 1 & 3 which would you choose? I already have 2. I'd love to pick up the other map packs on sale. As far as I rememebr there has only been one map pack sale for these right? I think it was map pack 1 for 400 points.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Any possible sale on the map packs soon? If you were to pick between map pack 1 & 3 which would you choose? I already have 2. I'd love to pick up the other map packs on sale. As far as I rememebr there has only been one map pack sale for these right? I think it was map pack 1 for 400 points.[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice if they did a half off sale on all of them, at least bundle them for half off. I guess they are selling well for there not to be a deal at all. Considering MW2 is out next month, i will not have to buy any of these map packs.

I'm ready for a new map pack announcement any day now.

It's funny with games like this and Halo where fans are ready with cash in hand to fork over for every map pack, you would think Activision and Bungie would have teams dedicated to just churning out maps. Especially Bungie who could have been converting every Halo 1/2 map over to Halo 3.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']How long do you guys think until this sees a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Probably common knowledge, but for the time being the map packs are $5 each. Still thinking if it's worth $15 for a bunch of maps. I still feel stung for paying $15 for CoD2 maps that no one else had after a few months. No one is going to pay more for a few maps than the cost of the game itself.

MjC

Sorry for bumping the old thread, but how is this game? do people still play it online? opinions on the map packs? which map packs would you consider the best?

[quote name='yahoosale14']Sorry for bumping the old thread, but how is this game? do people still play it online? opinions on the map packs? which map packs would you consider the best?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to finish out my prestiges so yes there's still some people online. I have the first 2 map packs but if you don't have them all you get booted from games that are on any new maps.

Yeah World at War is a good game and people still play it. I personally don't see why you'd play this over MW or MW2...the bolt action rifles are fun to use but most of the time you'll be playing against an entire team of people running around Rambo style with MP40s so you can't do much with a bolt action rifle.

Its worth getting for the single player campaign and the zombie modes alone.

I think I've played this once since I got the map packs. Never even prestiged once! Seems like it takes longer to max out in this one. To top it off I got a code to have a better gun earlier from my GS preorder and I forgot to use it so I was gonna use it right after I prestiged. Doubt I would do it now since I doubt I'd want to level all the way up again. If anyone wants to play zombie mode FR me. I've barely messed with it, but it seems really fun.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I think I've played this once since I got the map packs. Never even prestiged once! Seems like it takes longer to max out in this one. To top it off I got a code to have a better gun earlier from my GS preorder and I forgot to use it so I was gonna use it right after I prestiged. Doubt I would do it now since I doubt I'd want to level all the way up again. If anyone wants to play zombie mode FR me. I've barely messed with it, but it seems really fun.[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain but I think if you prestige you lose that gun because it takes one of the custom slots. Of course it takes longer, you had to get 10 more levels :)

I'll do some nazi zombies, I want the cheevos

[quote name='mike.m']I'm not certain but I think if you prestige you lose that gun because it takes one of the custom slots. Of course it takes longer, you had to get 10 more levels :)

I'll do some nazi zombies, I want the cheevos[/QUOTE]Yeah, from what I've heard prestiging makes you lose it if it's a prestige level that unlocks a custom slot, otherwise you keep it until you prestige and open a slot. Forgot it's ten more levels, that makes sense although I think I'm at 40 or so. I'll FR you for nazi zombie madness. We'll need two more right?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, from what I've heard prestiging makes you lose it if it's a prestige level that unlocks a custom slot, otherwise you keep it until you prestige and open a slot. Forgot it's ten more levels, that makes sense although I think I'm at 40 or so. I'll FR you for nazi zombie madness. We'll need two more right?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't necessarily matter, can play it with up to four. Did you send me a FR? I think I accidentally deleted it heh

[quote name='mike.m']Doesn't necessarily matter, can play it with up to four. Did you send me a FR? I think I accidentally deleted it heh[/QUOTE]Oops, played Borderlands until I couldn't fight off sleep any longer. Will send one tonite.

Does anyone still play this game? Its only 20 bucks on amazon now, thought i might pick it up. I miss this game, but i wouldnt want to buy it if no one plays it online. Plus with Black Ops coming out not sure if its worth the 20 bucks. Ill probably be getting black ops, but it looks more like MW2 than World at war, and thats a turn off for me.

Pretty sure it was either 3rd or 5th in the top Xbox live titles published by Major Nelson last week. Especially with the recent sale, I'll be picking it up, $20 was my sweet spot.

Is this game any good? My friends and I are looking for good four-player co-op games, and right now seem to be limited to Halo and Left 4 Dead until Gears of War 3 comes out. The reviews are decent, but people seem to treat Teyarch like a redheaded stepchild when it comes to Call of Duty games. Also, it's cheap now, but does that mean a special edition with DLC is coming out soon?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Is this game any good? My friends and I are looking for good four-player co-op games, and right now seem to be limited to Halo and Left 4 Dead until Gears of War 3 comes out. The reviews are decent, but people seem to treat Teyarch like a redheaded stepchild when it comes to Call of Duty games. Also, it's cheap now, but does that mean a special edition with DLC is coming out soon?[/QUOTE]

The game is great, provided you like COD and a WW2 setting.

This game has been out almost 2 years I think. No special editions with DLC. Same engine as Call of Duty 4. Multiplayer was good too. Might still be a small community on it. I finished up 10th prestige on it a couple months ago just for the hell of it.

Is this correct? Co-op campaign is two-player split screen on one console, but if I play via system link, it's only one player per console? At least that's what the wiki listing says.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Is this correct? Co-op campaign is two-player split screen on one console, but if I play via system link, it's only one player per console? At least that's what the wiki listing says.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played split screen or system link, so I can't comment on those, but I can vouch that it's 4-player co-op on Xbox Live.

bread's done
Back