Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

I see no point in buying the map pack because everytime it comes up in the rotation, it is voted out in less than 5 seconds.

I know this sounds bad but I didn't use the MP40 and Juggernaut until I went into the Call of Duty forums and saw that it pissed everyone off.

I liked using the unscoped bolt action rifles when I was still playing this, they are just fun to use and actually work really well if you can make your shot--just don't run up to people cause they're worthless at close range.

I don't play this game online competitively, but I love that damn Nazi Zombie shit. Wishful thinking, but I would buy the two Nazi Zombie maps in the future, even if they were put out at a slightly inflated inflated price. I just have no use for the other maps.

Yeah, Nazi Zombies is pretty fun. It's interesting when you do a random weapon chest and end up with the alien pistol though. Insta-kill shots are pretty nice for the time you have it. Also funny to see a rocket launcher with 15 ammo. Although I like the MG-42 (I think it was?) personally as it does well in certain camping spots and you can just mow down the crap out of zombies.

[quote name='Demontooth']I see no point in buying the map pack because everytime it comes up in the rotation, it is voted out in less than 5 seconds.[/quote]

Well it has its own hopper/playlist/whatever. So I just switch it up with the people I play with in it. Since I got the map pack it was only veto'd once and the other 4 times I got it in the hopper, most everyone had the pack it seems as it was a full game on the map.

It's unfortunate that I can't specifically choose CTF, Domination, etc in the map pack hopper but I don't mind it too much. If I don't like a particular game type I'll just veto and get my party to do the same as they usually have the same preferences as I do and we get it veto'd most of the time.

[quote name='Demontooth']I know this sounds bad but I didn't use the MP40 and Juggernaut until I went into the Call of Duty forums and saw that it pissed everyone off.[/quote]

I actually use a rifle and still do quite well for myself (also don't use Juggernaut). I started off rather rocky getting use to the game so my K/D isn't as good as it should be, but I more often than not am 2 kills to 1 death and higher. The only real exceptions to this is when my connection to the host is terrible or it's an objective game and I shoot for the objectives instead of trying to inflate my K/D like some people do.

I cant decide either, they look good but i dont play this game nearly as much as i did when map pack 1 came out, so i'm not sure if it would be worth it

[quote name='BL00DW0LF']I cant decide either, they look good but i dont play this game nearly as much as i did when map pack 1 came out, so i'm not sure if it would be worth it[/QUOTE]

I'm running into the same problem. However I did play for about an hour today and used the sniper (something I hardly ever use) and just raped face. It was just one of those games were you know it probably has more to do with luck than skill. It was still awesome though.

I traded this in a little bit ago. Towards the end, I seriously hated this game. More map packs was a moot point with me because I figure...what the hell difference does it make what map I am on if everyone still uses the same exact tactics.

Mp-40s will still spread like wildfire.
BA are still so damn underpowered that you have to rely on perks to use them.

I just couldnt stand it anymore. Same thing map in and map out.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I traded this in a little bit ago. Towards the end, I seriously hated this game. More map packs was a moot point with me because I figure...what the hell difference does it make what map I am on if everyone still uses the same exact tactics.

Mp-40s will still spread like wildfire.
BA are still so damn underpowered that you have to rely on perks to use them.

I just couldnt stand it anymore. Same thing map in and map out.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I can see how multiplayer can get annoying but it's kinda the same in most XBL titles. COD4 had the M4A1 with red dot or whatever that just wrecked people, Halo 3 is...well it's Halo 3, hopefully MW2 will bring a rock, paper, scissors esque gameplay to multiplayer. Nazi zombies for me though is just a insanely fun (and half the reason why I keep it). I love attack / defend gametypes and this is the closest one I've found on a console apart from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I dunno, I can see how multiplayer can get annoying but it's kinda the same in most XBL titles. COD4 had the M4A1 with red dot or whatever that just wrecked people, Halo 3 is...well it's Halo 3, hopefully MW2 will bring a rock, paper, scissors esque gameplay to multiplayer. Nazi zombies for me though is just a insanely fun (and half the reason why I keep it). I love attack / defend gametypes and this is the closest one I've found on a console apart from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.[/QUOTE]

M16.

Im thinking about getting it just for the new zombie map, it looks like it would be alot of fun to play. I didnt get map pack 1 and I hate paying $10 for four new maps, only one of them I will be playing on since I wont ever play WaW multiplayer again.

Dude the M16 IS NOT COMPARABLE TO THE MP 40. Its not. Its almost laughable how people say that so often.

First and foremost the m16 was a burst fire weapon so at least you had to aim it somewhat. The mp40 is a sub machine gun that has the power of a sniper rifle that can be fired like a regular rifle....and can take attachment so it will shoot more like a heavy machine gun.

I dont recall being able to run around corner and just hold down the trigger with the m16.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2009/05/18

This made me lol.[/QUOTE]

If that was not staged then it's the greatest game video of all time! :bow:

I'm just like several others here as I haven't played in awhile but i'm still tempted to grab the new map pack and get back into the action. Probaby will get it since I bought a 4000 pts card for $30 and haven't touched the points yet.

[quote name='$hady']If that was not staged then it's the greatest game video of all time! :bow:

I'm just like several others here as I haven't played in awhile but i'm still tempted to grab the new map pack and get back into the action. Probaby will get it since I bought a 4000 pts card for $30 and haven't touched the points yet.[/QUOTE]

Back when Counter-Strike 1.5 and 1.6 was the multiplayer game to play I used to do things like that all the time. Sometimes I'd flash them and then jump on their head and stay there for literally 6-7 minutes. Some people just have no business sniping on FPS games.

Has anybody gotten the new map pack yet? I'm still on the fence on whether or not to buy it. I'm more interested in the MP maps than the new Zombie map, but thats still fun to play.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='frankcastle']so has anyone got map pack 2 yet? trying to decide whether to buy it or not.[/QUOTE]

I got it. I REALLY like Banzai. I thought the others were fine, but I haven't had the chance to play them as much.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else think that Activision would make a lot more money by offering the Zombie maps separately, even if it were for $3-$5 each?[/QUOTE]
I'd definitely buy a zombie-only map pack seeing as how it's the only mode I play now. I'm hoping that whenever a map pack 3 is released, that there will be the 2 zombie maps released already plus whatever one is released in the 3rd pack.

I really like the new MP maps. Especially Sub Pens. I had my best round ever on there, so I'm naturally biased already.

The new zombie map is worth the price of admission alone though.

I prefer smaller maps and wild firefights (I play a lot of HQ and War), so Sub Pens was up my alley in that regard.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else think that Activision would make a lot more money by offering the Zombie maps separately, even if it were for $3-$5 each?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have thought twice about making the purchase. As it stands, I have no plans on picking this mappack up. I haven't touched CODWaW in a while since I recently picked COD4 back up.

I dunno about that. I have trouble sometimes finding people to play the zombie maps with, but there's always people in regular MP. I think a lot of people view the zombie maps as a fad, play it a couple of times, and are done. I think they'd get a lot more play if there was incentive (i.e. XP) for playing them.

I really like Banzai and Sub Pens, Zombie map is awesome aswell since I didnt buy the previous map pack and havent used the perks and other new stuff yet in zombies. Worth $10? If you play this game alot, sure.

I've been playing a lot recently and I'm looking for some other CAGs to play with. The CAGWAW name or whatever it is never comes on anymore. Are there any individuals that wouldn't mind partying up for Nazi Zombies or regular Team Deathmatch / CTF / Sabotage, etc? I'm not a fan of the Hardcore modes but I wil give them a shot.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I've been playing a lot recently and I'm looking for some other CAGs to play with. The CAGWAW name or whatever it is never comes on anymore. Are there any individuals that wouldn't mind partying up for Nazi Zombies or regular Team Deathmatch / CTF / Sabotage, etc? I'm not a fan of the Hardcore modes but I wil give them a shot.[/QUOTE]

The tag itself is not supposed to be online... You just have to view the friends of the tag and then join us. Or, just join the Ragtags of CAG social group and get a bunch of our Gamertags and add us as friends and we will shoot you invites when we play. There is usually at least 2-3 on WaW every night (that is usually the low-end of the number).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=82

[quote name='mvp828']The tag itself is not supposed to be online... You just have to view the friends of the tag and then join us. Or, just join the Ragtags of CAG social group and get a bunch of our Gamertags and add us as friends and we will shoot you invites when we play. There is usually at least 2-3 on WaW every night (that is usually the low-end of the number).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=82[/QUOTE]

Oh, well then. I feel like an idiot. Thanks, I'll be on tonight around 10. Hopefully there will be some people left.

How do I join the group, I feel like there should be a 'Join Group' button or something.

Ah... I think you need an invite. I'll make sure Chase sends you one.

As for tonight, I don't know if Live will be back up yet. If it is, I will be sure to pick you up. I can't send you a FR right now since Live is down, but I will once it returns.

I doubt it because I know of at least 5 people that bought the pack just for the Zombie map. $10 for 1 map. Yes, I'm one of them. Crazy. I just can't get into the MP, but the zombie mode is a blast. We play for hours at a time.

The new map is insane. At about 3x the size of the other maps it takes an extreme amount of teamwork. The highest my group has made it is level 14, a few times. That's just with 3 people.

[quote name='Corvin']I doubt it because I know of at least 5 people that bought the pack just for the Zombie map. $10 for 1 map. Yes, I'm one of them. Crazy. I just can't get into the MP, but the zombie mode is a blast. We play for hours at a time.

The new map is insane. At about 3x the size of the other maps it takes an extreme amount of teamwork. The highest my group has made it is level 14, a few times. That's just with 3 people.[/QUOTE]

? That's my point exactly. I did not find the MP fun at all, after pouring in roughly 5 days of gameplay time into COD4's MP, WAW's MP is entirely disappointing.

But Zombies is something I really like. In fact, I found the SP to be subpar too and just beat the game on Casual to get the Zombie mode. I've probably spent 2-3x as much time playing Zombies than any other mode in WAW. But $20 to spend on two map packs just to get two maps is WAAAY too much money. I'm very much in the belief that there at least a few thousand people who haven't bought the map packs simply because they only want the Zombie maps, but aren't willing to shell out the $20 just for two maps.

So, for those few thousand people, I'd like to think/hope that Activision or Treyarch is considering a Zombie map pack for say...$15. Such a map pack would pretty much just allow them to cast a wider net and probably draw in more purchasers.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I've been playing a lot recently and I'm looking for some other CAGs to play with. The CAGWAW name or whatever it is never comes on anymore. Are there any individuals that wouldn't mind partying up for Nazi Zombies or regular Team Deathmatch / CTF / Sabotage, etc? I'm not a fan of the Hardcore modes but I wil give them a shot.[/QUOTE]

Yes I run that tag and all I do is check for new friend requests each week. Just send a friend request to it and then once you're added just view the friends of that tag to see who's online in what. Or join the RagTag CAG group here.

Even though I'm just buying for the Zombie map, the way I see it is that $10 is money well spent. I've already spent about 10 hours on the new map, with countless hours on the way. On the surface, I'd rather not spend $10 on one map, but I'm trying to look at it with a positive perspective.

[quote name='Corvin']I doubt it because I know of at least 5 people that bought the pack just for the Zombie map. $10 for 1 map. Yes, I'm one of them. Crazy. I just can't get into the MP, but the zombie mode is a blast. We play for hours at a time.

The new map is insane. At about 3x the size of the other maps it takes an extreme amount of teamwork. The highest my group has made it is level 14, a few times. That's just with 3 people.[/QUOTE]

Try it solo, its easier by yourself. Just gotta have a pair of good guns and Juggernog.

I thought I read that they were going to unlock Zombie mode so that you didn't have to play through the campaign to unlock it. Did I miss it somewhere or am I imagining things?

I never finished campaign and I can play zombies solo just fine. I don't know if it happened because of a patch or because of the first map pack.

[quote name='Draekon']I never finished campaign and I can play zombies solo just fine. I don't know if it happened because of a patch or because of the first map pack.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just learned I could play it solo about a week ago. Fun stuff though.

[quote name='screwkick']How do you access the zombie maps?[/QUOTE]

Solo > Mission Select > Nazi Zombies
or
Cooperative > Xbox Live > Find Match > Nazi Zombies

bread's done
Back