Call of Duty: World at War - Gen. Disc. & Info

My friends and I had a killer zombie match this weekend(for us anyway). Made it to round 19 on the new map. There were only three of us and my friend's connection timed out leaving two of us which meant we lasted all of about 30 seconds. We were in a groove too, and would have made it further had that not happened.

We got lucky on round 16 and managed to only leave one zombie. So one of us lead him around while we grabbed all the tonics and spending every last penny pulling weapons out of the weapons crate to get the ray gun and the heavy duty firepower, and making sure we made the crate spawn in the hut we wanted to defend.

Good stuff.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Is there anyway in local multiplayer to use your own created players from the barracks with their perks? I didn't see how you could do that anywhere.[/QUOTE]

No

Map Pack 2 is much better than Map Pack 1.

Also, did anyone notice the latest patch for the game made Nazi Zombies a lot easier to find on the main screen? Hopefully that will encourage some new players.

The new zombie map is pretty awesome, only downside is it appears there is no more cheating to get more than 2 weapons. The upgrades and monkey bombs makes up for it though, and the achievements seem a bit easier, hardest one should be getting to wave 20 without using a perk once, but that will be easy with a good team.

Damn, is it me or does it seem that the Zombies "stick" to you with Map Pack 3? I swear 3 times when zombies got near me I could not run/back away because they were apparently holding me. I don't remember it being that bad but anyway I still gotta learn where the hell all the guns and items are on this new Zombie map.

Just got to Round 27 with three people, we probably would have gotten farther but for some reason every time I got hit I would go into last stand even when I had juggernaut.

[quote name='life.exe']Just got to Round 27 with three people, we probably would have gotten farther but for some reason every time I got hit I would go into last stand even when I had juggernaut.[/QUOTE]

Were you using the waffle? I was using it upgraded last night and if I missed my target and electrocuted myself I would go down immediately, even with Juggernog.

We made it to 28. Once we got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to leave a zombie every round. We all had two upgraded weapons. All four of us had upgraded Ray Guns. It was a blast.

[quote name='Corvin']Were you using the waffle? I was using it upgraded last night and if I missed my target and electrocuted myself I would go down immediately, even with Juggernog.

We made it to 28. Once we got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to leave a zombie every round. We all had two upgraded weapons. All four of us had upgraded Ray Guns. It was a blast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I never electrocuted myself. Heck I only shot the thing twice the entire game.

So far I have made it to 25, 27, and 30. This map is so much easy than the others, there are so many choke points to choose from.

There should be a GOTY type release for World at War with all the map packs on a disc at some point, but it might take a lil while after MW2 comes out. By then the WAW sales should be down a lot.

New zombie map is pretty cool. I made it to round 25 by myself with the upgraded PPSH and ray gun.

Oh and anyone know anything about being able to get the Type 99 or the sawed off shotgun in the box? I have heard the type 99 has something to do with the fly trap?

We found the 'fly-trap' and three bears/monkeys(?). It gave us an achievement for initiating the game, but no special weapons that we saw.

The new zombie map is definitely my favorite. So much fun and I love the big ass bowie knife. Got to 19 last night with two other buds. Treyarch is hella smart for continually releasing these DLC map packs. I really hope infinity ward will have support like this on MW2.

I wonder what the internal numbers show in regards to their consumers. i.e. what percentage buy just for the zombie map vs. those that buy for the MP maps.

If anyone is up for some new Zombie action, please send me an invite! I'll even put on my headset to work out strategy or just jibba jabba (usually off for the typical XBL reasons...).

[quote name='Corvin']We found the 'fly-trap' and three bears/monkeys(?). It gave us an achievement for initiating the game, but no special weapons that we saw.[/QUOTE]

i know, i have heard it has something to do with the bears and monkey. On the cod site they listed every gun and its pack a punch name and the type 99 and sawed off were on the list but i yet to see them in the game

i dug around on the internet and only found it has to do with those, t. Anyone here found it or have had it?

[quote name='yukafls']i know, i have heard it has something to do with the bears and monkey. On the cod site they listed every gun and its pack a punch name and the type 99 and sawed off were on the list but i yet to see them in the game

i dug around on the internet and only found it has to do with those, t. Anyone here found it or have had it?[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confused but I have played the game and ton and I haven't seen Type 99 or Sawed Off Shotgun at all. There is a Double Barrel Shotgun (worthless without speed cola). I'm pretty sure the only machine guns you can get are the MG 42 and Browning, and the only shotguns you can get are the Double Barrel and the Trench.

[quote name='LeRoy']The new zombie map is definitely my favorite. So much fun and I love the big ass bowie knife. Got to 19 last night with two other buds. Treyarch is hella smart for continually releasing these DLC map packs. I really hope infinity ward will have support like this on MW2.[/QUOTE]

You mean hella lucky that the zombie mode unlock is the thing that caught people's attention? Yes. Hella lucky indeed.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm a bit confused but I have played the game and ton and I haven't seen Type 99 or Sawed Off Shotgun at all. There is a Double Barrel Shotgun (worthless without speed cola). I'm pretty sure the only machine guns you can get are the MG 42 and Browning, and the only shotguns you can get are the Double Barrel and the Trench.[/QUOTE]

There is a mini-game you can trigger on the new zombie map where you look for monkeys & teddy bears. I think if you find a certain number of them it unlocks the weapons yukafis is talking about.

[quote name='Corvin']There is a mini-game you can trigger on the new zombie map where you look for monkeys & teddy bears. I think if you find a certain number of them it unlocks the weapons yukafis is talking about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard if you shoot the teddy bears your guy will say something, and if you shoot the monkey in the furnace you get killed. I didn't try shooting the monkey.

[quote name='freshzen']Yeah I heard if you shoot the teddy bears your guy will say something, and if you shoot the monkey in the furnace you get killed. I didn't try shooting the monkey.[/QUOTE]

When you shoot them the girl says stuff but you dont die. I've shot all of them plenty on times.

Since info is scarce maybe we should track the ones that CAGs have found. The three we tagged were

- in the furnace
- in the window about 4 stories up above Chamber room A
- in a cage on the floor in the room/hallway outside of Chamber room A

09/01/09
Double-XP Labor Day Weekend!

intel_news_icon.png

In celebration of this year’s Labor Day, Call of Duty: World at War will be rewarding players on all platforms (360, PS3, Wii, and PC) with Double-XP this weekend!
It runs from Thursday thru Tuesday (9/3 – 9/8) so it’s a great time to hit that Prestige button and run the gauntlet.

I may have to get back in this with you guys. I've kinda given up on competitive MP until I upgrade to faster internet because of the frustration level and my wanting to smash things because of it, but I'm fairly close to hitting the first prestige and I still haven't used the gun upgrade code since I forgot about it until I was really far into levelling up. I figured I'd use it after prestiging twice since there's a lull in opening new slots for a few prestige levels. Double XP will bring me back these next few nights. Too bad it conflicts with Gears 2 double XP and my obsession with Horde mode.

I've gotten back into playing alot after being gone for many many months and saw something yesterday i've never seen before.

Anyone seen this before? Pics in spoiler.
It looks cool at first but wow it was distracting lol

codb.jpg

coda.jpg

[quote name='$hady']I've gotten back into playing alot after being gone for many many months and saw something yesterday i've never seen before.

Anyone seen this before? Pics in spoiler.
It looks cool at first but wow it was distracting lol

codb.jpg

coda.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There is a new way people can hack there gamertag to make it look like anything.

Some people on here probably already know this but the Russian sniper part in the single player that has the achievement for killing all the Germans and the dog with 1 clip is from the movie Enemy at the Gates. Just watched it last night, pretty good movie.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Does anyone know if there will be a map pack 4?[/QUOTE]

I hear Activision still likes money. ;)

With them selling 1 million copies of MP3 in 3 days(and over 6.5 million of all three total), I think it's all but guaranteed at this point.

I know MS and Sony get their cut but at $10 a pop and 6.5 million sold (definitely more by now) they are looking at $65 million dollars made off of three map packs which is fucking insane. I think we'll be seeing map packs for it until WaW2(or whatever the next Treyarch version of CoD) game comes out.

[quote name='freshzen']Some people on here probably already know this but the Russian sniper part in the single player that has the achievement for killing all the Germans and the dog with 1 clip is from the movie Enemy at the Gates. Just watched it last night, pretty good movie.[/QUOTE]Really, I don't remember that. It's been a long time since I've seen it, but it was really good.

[quote name='Corvin']I hear Activision still likes money. ;)

With them selling 1 million copies of MP3 in 3 days(and over 6.5 million of all three total), I think it's all but guaranteed at this point.

I know MS and Sony get their cut but at $10 a pop and 6.5 million sold (definitely more by now) they are looking at $65 million dollars made off of three map packs which is fucking insane. I think we'll be seeing map packs for it until WaW2(or whatever the next Treyarch version of CoD) game comes out.[/QUOTE]Not that I expect any now, but you'd think that they would have made more than one map pack for CoD4.

I can definitely see them making one more map pack to get to 1750 right before MW2 hits.

I don't see them releasing it after that as everyone will be moving on to MW2.

[quote name='Trakan']I can definitely see them making one more map pack to get to 1750 right before MW2 hits.

I don't see them releasing it after that as everyone will be moving on to MW2.[/QUOTE]
Unless they release a new all zombie map pack. (yeah right)

They've still got 2 months to release one more map pack if they want to.

Until they fix the "damaged content" errors with these map packs in WaW, they don't need to release anything else. There is no reason I should have to re-download the maps every day.

I got all the achievements but big shot in both mappacks until I decided to trade it in the other day. I love zombies, personally, I bought the game for it.

Any reason that they decided to impair your online game play if you don't buy their map packs? With CoD4, if you do not buy the map packs, you don't constantly get dropped from online game play.

It is wrong of them to encourage you to buy their add-ons by making the online experience less desirable if you choose to not purchase the new content. That being said, it has worked on me. Where I did not purchase the CoD4 maps, I have slowly purchased them in WaW. I have less respect for Treyarch as a company as a result, even though I do enjoy their games. I just wish companies like this wouldn't create an online experience like this.

I guess that since I come from PC gaming, I'm not used to it.

my problem with the online experience was when you and your buddies wanted to get a game of zommbies with randoms, sometimes it was simply took 20 minutes for it to work.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Until they fix the "damaged content" errors with these map packs in WaW, they don't need to release anything else. There is no reason I should have to re-download the maps every day.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one who got that! I downloaded 2 and 3 the weekend before last and I get an error message now every time I start CoD. :roll:

[quote name='$hady']I thought I was the only one who got that! I downloaded 2 and 3 the weekend before last and I get an error message now every time I start CoD. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I get it too, I have to download Makin Day everytime I play WaW.

bread's done
Back