[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
10/18

Bestbuy

End War 360 - $9
Ninja Gaiden 2 360 - $10.80
Guitar Hero 3 360 - $13.20 (!) (must have barcode, no Not For Resale)
Resident Evil 4 Wii - $13.20
Trauma Center: Second Opinion Wii - $10.80 (those last two might be backwards, can't remember)

i guess this isnt the right place to ask this but its kinda eb related...
anyways, does anyone kno how much the black elite 360 sells for at eb? i only saw the flyer for 250 with 3 tradeins...

As of Oct 17, 2009
From Bestbuy
WII Trauma Center Second Opinion $13.20
WII Madworld $10.80
WII Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $18.00
WII Super Paper Mario $18.00
WII Mario Party 8 $32.00
XBOX360 Call of Juarez Bound for Blood $25.20
XBOX360 Resident Evil 5 $35.25
XBOX360 Fable 2 $32.00
XBOX360 Lost Odyssy $10.80
XBOX360 Gears of War2 $24.75
XBOX360 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY $8.40
PS3 Infamous $15.00
PS3 MLB 09:The Show $35.00

From Futureshop
PS3 Infamous $40.00

[quote name='Hyunkel']A bit off-topic, but do the games that I want to trade-in have to have their manuals?[/QUOTE]

Rogers - yes, usually very picky about quality
BBV - no
EB Games (for credit) - no
EB Games (for T3G1F) - yes
Futureshop - no
Best Buy - generally no, but some stores are picky about quality/manuals

Of course it's all YMMV because some CSRs might or might not require them.

As of Oct 19 and off the top of my head
From EBGames
XBOX360 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion $9.xx
XBOX360 Soul Calibur IV $10.xx
XBOX360 Halo 3 $16.xx
WII Super Paper Mario $16.xx
WII Metorid Prime 3: Corruption $6.00

TIVS oct 19

Wii Winter Sports Ultimate challenge -$6.50 EB
Wii Super Swing Golf 2 - $10.80 Bestbuy (still), $20 used at EB, $15 used at BBV
Wii Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - $18 Bestbuy (still), $15 used at EB
Wii Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - $18 Bestbuy (still) - $20 new at EB, $15 used
Wii Super Mario Paper - $18 or $20 Bestbuy (not sure).

Used the last 4 games for Bestbuy T4G2F.

[quote name='AznChaos']As of Oct 19 and off the top of my head
From EBGames
XBOX360 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion $9.xx
XBOX360 Soul Calibur IV $10.xx
XBOX360 Halo 3 $16.xx
WII Super Paper Mario $16.xx
WII Metorid Prime 3: Corruption $6.00[/QUOTE]

Hey maybe EB can now sell it for less than $39.99 used (as of last week)...

...Yeah, thought so.

a) has anyone heard from neksus lately?

b) is everyone entering these TIVS into his website?

he's not updating it by hand lately. alot of these TIVS are just getting lost in the intervoid.
if we don't make an effort to punch em into www.tivs.ca ourselves then we'll always
have outdated prices on that site and people complaining.

[quote name='j940651']a) has anyone heard from neksus lately?

b) is everyone entering these TIVS into his website?

he's not updating it by hand lately. alot of these TIVS are just getting lost in the intervoid.
if we don't make an effort to punch em into www.tivs.ca ourselves then we'll always
have outdated prices on that site and people complaining.[/QUOTE]

a) did not hear from neksus lately (he did not post for last few dayS).

b) entering tivs on tivs.ca is not enough, because neksus gave himself an approval button thing (so people could not "spam" the website with fake values and corrup the database).

Entering TIVS on tivs.ca simplifies neksus' job (only has to push a button instead of searching threads and entering all values himself), but it is no help if neksus is not around.

We shall wait couple of days before trying about alternatives, there is so much work related to tivs.ca, maybe he has a personal emergency or something in that nature.

The alternative is to scan the threads for recent TIVS in case we are looking for TIVS in terms of promos... which is not as great for sure.

[quote name='cashinstinct']a) did not hear from neksus lately (he did not post for last few dayS).

b) entering tivs on tivs.ca is not enough, because neksus gave himself an approval button thing (so people could not "spam" the website with fake values and corrup the database).
[/QUOTE]

oh crap you're right.
well i hope he's ok.
can never take him for granted!
i've come to rely on his site at home and on my phone, everywhere i go.

Running tivs.ca really is more than a one man job now I'd say. Especially with more and more stores getting into the trade-in game. I'd be willing to help in anyway to take some of the load of Neksus (as I am sure many others would as well), if he feels like he could use a hand. It is a great resource for us all and we all should do anything we can to help out.

Here are my trade-ins at Futureshop today:

The Bigs 2 (PS3): $37
The Bigs 2 (360): $37
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360): $40
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii): $18
Sega Rally Revo (360): $13.20

Best Buy today (Oct 20/2009):

Street Fighter IV $18
Gears Of War 2 $24.75
Warriors Orochi 2 $13.20

Wii
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $18.00

And I got:
Brutal Legend 360
Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii

Pretty happy with this! I'll be going back next week for Tekken 6/Ratchet.

Best Buy Oct. 20:

All 360:
Terminator Salvation - 18.00
EndWar - 9.00
Bionic Commando - 22.80
FarCry 2 - 10.00
Quantum of Solace - 13.20
Chronicles of Riddick - 18.00
Ninja Gaiden 2 - 10.80
Spiderman Web of Shadows - 13.20
Xmen Origins: Wolverine - 30.00

Traded for Halo ODST, MUA2, Brutal Legend and NHL 10, plus $30 in store credit. I was going to get Demon Soul for the PS3 but it was sold out, so I might try to exchange NHL 10 next week for Tekken 6. If they won't do the exchange, no big deal.

[quote name='TripleQ']FWIW, rumour has it the BB T4G2 deal is ending this week.. but it's just that, a rumour.[/QUOTE]

Just to clear up this rumor, the new Best Buy flyer [Oct 22-29] still lists the T4B2 deal, and says it's good until October 30, 2009. :)
I'll just type out what the flyer says:

Limited Time Offer
Trade in 3 get 1 free
Trade in 4 get 1 more
Valid on PS3, Xbox360, and Wii games. Maximum free game value is $69.99
Applies to titles with a $9 min tiv. Games must include boxes.
No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded.
Games must be in working condition. No dealers please. See in-store for details.
Offer expires October 30, 2009. Offer not available in select stores.
In Calgary market, credit can only be used on video game products.

Note that flyers are printed weeks in advance, they might post a correction notice saying it's a mistake and they do not want to honour it.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Note that flyers are printed weeks in advance, they might post a correction notice saying it's a mistake and they do not want to honour it.[/QUOTE]

That's true. Guess we just have to check and see at a store.

I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy decides to stop their promo early. They've got to be losing a ton of money on it.

stupid BB! wouldn't take my games for TI.

BBV

Marvel Ult. All.2 (360) $38.50
Tiger Woods 10 (360) $42.00

took that money and bought:

Kane & Lynch (PS3) $9.99
Super Metroid (Wii) $9.99
Table Tennis (Wii) $9.99
Resident Evil U.C. (Wii) $9.99
Rainbow6-2 (360) $14.99
Farcry 2 (360) $19.99

only 1.... 1 stinking game qualified for T4G2F at BB.
yup FC2.

here's the BB TIVS:

K&L PS3 - 8.40
R6-2 360 - 8.40
RE U.C. Wii - 8.40
SupMet Wii - 8.40
TabTen Wii - 5.00
FC2 360 - 10.00

the good news is they all qualify at EB for 2 T3G1Fs!
waste of time going to BB - YMMV.

I had the same problem
BEST BUY WOULDNT TAKE

MLB2k9 ps3
Lair ps3

but i find out they take DS games part of the offer.
He said your best bet be any MARIO, ZELDA or METROID

With Eb games trade is it trade 3 get one free but have a value of $8+?
Does that include Ds Games you can trade ?

I got word from Neksus he's still out there.. just swamped with non tivs.ca related work. I can't think of anything else more important though? :p

[quote name='witenite']but i find out they take DS games part of the offer.
He said your best bet be any MARIO, ZELDA or METROID

With Eb games trade is it trade 3 get one free but have a value of $8+?
Does that include Ds Games you can trade ?[/QUOTE]

Note 1: DS are not officially part of the Bestbuy promo (promo states PS3-Wii-X360), but some stores might accept to take these games.

Note 2: Not all Mario games will work, try to look at tivs.ca... not easy to find $9+ games for DS

Note 3: For EBgames, they take PS3-Wii-X360-DS-PSP games that have a TIV $8+ (some promo accept PS2-Gamecube-Xbox games over $8+, but these are rare games anyway)... so you might be able to find DS games that have a value of $8+ at EB.

Note 4: Good luck in the trading world, it will get addictive.

[quote name='TripleQ']I got word from Neksus he's still out there.. just swamped with non tivs.ca related work. I can't think of anything else more important though? :p[/QUOTE]

It's good to know neksus is okay and shall be around when he will have more time.

We shall enter our tivs update for FS/BBV/EB on tivs.ca and it will reduce the workload to enter tivs for a long period when neksus will make a comeback. Entering tivs takes like 1-2 minutes and will reduce neksus's work a lot.

(We should not enter BB tivs into FS column, because there are indications they can differ... I think tivs.ca will now need to make a distinction between the two).

We are dependant on tivs.ca, it's like a drug

10/23

FS
Infamous $20 (down from $40)
EndWar 360 $10 (up from $3.60)

Couldn't enter exact values into tivs.ca for FS so I just rounded down

BBV Infamous $42

[quote name='j940651']

here's the BB TIVS:

K&L PS3 - 8.40
R6-2 360 - 8.40
RE U.C. Wii - 8.40
Metroid Wii - 8.40
TabTen Wii - 5.00
FC2 360 - 10.00

the good news is they all qualify at EB for 2 T3G1Fs!
waste of time going to BB - YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! Did I say they all qualified at EB for T3?
I must've meant they USED TO qualify for T3 at EB.
I need a hard hat, watch out for falling TIVS!

EB as of 10/23

Kane & Lynch (ps3) 6.25
Table Tennis (Wii) 5.50
Resident Evil U.C. (Wii) 11.00
Far Cry 2 (360) 9.25
Rainbow6-2 (360) 9.75
Metroid (Wii) 6.00

FS as of 10/23

Kane & Lynch (ps3) 3.60
Table Tennis (Wii) 13.20
Metroid (Wii) 18.00
Rygar (Wii) 3.60

BBV as of 10/23

Rygar (Wii) 18.00
Rock Revolution (ps3) 12.50

FACT:
Did you guys know you can buy Rygar (Wii) for $9.98 NEW at EB
and trade it to BBV for $18.00 TIV? I didn't know that.
But now that I do it's the late st Turd-To-Gold combo I'm on top of.
There's lots good T3 games at BBV to use with any credit you may have there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j940651']FACT:
Did you guys know you can buy Rygar (Wii) for $9.98 NEW at EB
and trade it to BBV for $18.00 TIV? I didn't know that.
But now that I do it's the late st Turd-To-Gold combo I'm on top of.
There's lots good T3 games at BBV to use with any credit you may have there ;)[/QUOTE]

I posted Rygar's TIV few days ago for BBV, you can get it even for less at EB with Kellogg's coupon $5 off or $10 off (since it's $9.98 new, so coupons apply). I traded 1 copy at BBV and bought a 2nd copy after I found out its TIV at BBV with a Kellogg's $5 off... good stuff!

[quote name='cashinstinct']I posted Rygar's TIV few days ago for BBV, you can get it even for less at EB with Kellogg's coupon $5 off or $10 off (since it's $9.98 new, so coupons apply). I traded 1 copy at BBV and bought a 2nd copy after I found out its TIV at BBV with a Kellogg's $5 off... good stuff![/QUOTE]
sweet, thanks!

I went to trade in 3 games for ps3 at the Future Shop In Mississauga at Dixie and Dundas

The employee took my games and began to enter it in his computer where i guess they get the Trade in Value and it was as follows

All PS3
Resistance 2 - $37
The Biggs 2- $37
FEAR 2 $25.50

He then started to get the gift card ready and used the computer/cash register and he scanned the 3 games and they come up as

Resistance 2 $19.25
The Biggs 2 - $25
Fear 2 - $25.50

I said to him i want the first price he quoted me and he called up to customer service and they allowed it
so i got

Resistance 2 37
The Biggs 37
Fear 2 35 (he messed up)

[quote name='cashinstinct']a) did not hear from neksus lately (he did not post for last few dayS).

Entering TIVS on tivs.ca simplifies neksus' job (only has to push a button instead of searching threads and entering all values himself), but it is no help if neksus is not around.

We shall wait couple of days before trying about alternatives, there is so much work related to tivs.ca, maybe he has a personal emergency or something in that nature.

The alternative is to scan the threads for recent TIVS in case we are looking for TIVS in terms of promos... which is not as great for sure.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I was approving most of the tivs entered :)
Didn't update any tivs from threads for a while though, I've been pretty busy as of late. Finally caught up on the 500 post back-log on RFD, and am now a few pages back on this thread which should be done shortly.

[quote name='TripleQ']I got word from Neksus he's still out there.. just swamped with non tivs.ca related work. I can't think of anything else more important though? :p[/QUOTE]

For anybody wondering, the tivs email accounts are linked to my iPhone, so I'm guaranteed to receive and read your email within the hour.

I did not notice you were approving tivs posted on tivs.ca, but I remembered you had to approve them according to the current setup of tivs.ca.

I wonder if you could consider removing this approval step for some users that posted some TIVS on tivs.ca without abuse, it would reduce your job and it would decrease delay for tivs.ca to be updated for tivs that people take time to submit to the website.

I assume it was a crazy job to look at many pages of threads for TIVS, especially considering all the activity around T4G2F. Too bad you were not around to take advantage of that promo (with TIV going down at BB, it's as good as dead now).

bread's done
Back