[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
* There are no copies left at any of the malls in coquitlam when I last checked.

Here's the deal for anyone wanting to call dibs on my LAST copy:

1) First dibs go to local purchasers because I got it from a store here, so I want to give back to the people who worked/couldn't make it in locally.

Gamer602, you are from the GVA right? I can't remember- but I think you were.

2) Then the dibs go to canadians. We canadians RARELY get any deals, so I'm trying to keep the deal in canada -- sorry.

I also drove to like 4 locations trying to get myself and others a copy, so I am kind of looking for $20ish just to cover the gas costs and the 4 hours I used trying to get the three

I got one from langley, one from maple ridge, and one from Coquitlam Centre Mall. As I said before, Lougheed had only one left and someone on the phone called asking for one... So i left it for him if he decided to go down.

I'm not a dick/hoarder/flipper, so I didn't want to be mean to the locals.

Also note: The one copy I still have to sell is the only non-sealed copy because all the coquitlam centre ones were "gutted". Unfortunately, this means that the LE has a sticker right on the motherfucking card board artwork at the front (I HATE fucking EB/Gamestop). Still, the price was good for anyone who wants the little blemish. The two sealed copies -- I kept one for myself, and one someone sent me a PM right after I posted the message above on my iPhone.

By the way, does anyone know about Mirror's Edge for $10 on the PS3? Why would they only drop one?

[quote name='Kimoosabi X']I can confirm Mirror's Edge on 360 is $9.99 now new, just picked one up today. I think it's the regular price now, as it was stickered at $9.99 and not $9.89 like most sale items.[/QUOTE]Anyone know if the PS3 version is also $9.99?

[quote name='RoganSarine']
By the way, does anyone know about Mirror's Edge for $10 on the PS3? Why would they only drop one?[/QUOTE]

Just got a chance to call EB and confirm the price. 9.99 (360) 19.99 (PS3). Yeah, makes no sense. Shame, as I'm trying to avoid buying multi-platform games for my 360 after sending it in for a E74 repair and then the thing getting a RROD an hour after I got it back :bomb:

EB Games Lethbridge - Mayor McGrath has tons of copies of MGS4: LE. I picked up 2 sealed ones, just in case anyone on CAG needed copies. They still have quite a few left, both sealed & open.

[quote name='Amankhan']EB Games Lethbridge - Mayor McGrath has tons of copies of MGS4: LE. I picked up 2 sealed ones, just in case anyone on CAG needed copies. They still have quite a few left, both sealed & open.[/QUOTE]

Just phoned and all gone :(

[quote name='Bencherstyle']more interested in ME ps3 for 9.99....

damn, i hope its ganna be 9.99 soon :/ DICE has put alot of effort into that game.[/QUOTE]

So you are waiting for the game to be cheaper so you can support the developer by paying LESS for their game? Good plan.

$20 I can justify -- but there are other games I want first.

I can see why it's lower on the 360 though -- more trade ins after purchase with them I assume (since larger market)... But it's still bullshit.

I wanted to go visit EBGames after work to see if anything else is left in Downtown EBGames in Edmonton, but got lazy lol.

I doubt there will be any MGS4 LE Edition anyways

Unfortunately puppet... There won't be. Unless you want to grab something else, I wouldn't bother especially in a downtown area -- Most sold out before noon even in the middle of no where out here.

Ya that is exactly what I thought. I have MGS4 already. I bought it from Amazon.ca when there was the $10 dollar off coupon :). I wouldn't mind the LE bonus that come with it though for $10 lol, oh well it is no biggie!

I was going to check if they had BlazBlue in stock anyways, but the weather here isn't looking very good, torando warning all over the place, so decided to go home right after work hehe :D

I went to my local eb and i thought i was in luck cause they had like 4 copies left of the LE, but while waiting in line the guy infront of me took all of the COPIES, and then when i asked if he could sell me one of them he offered to sell it for $75........

Turtleman... EB Games it actually not allowed to sell more than 1 copy or the guy at the counters at every EB actually pulled up a very official looking limited 1 per customer forgery of an email for me.

I was going to get more for CAGs, but the one with like several copies was adamant on only giving me one... He wouldn't even sell one to my girlfriend -- who I posed as a "friend" --because we were talking.

[quote name='Turtleman']I went to my local eb and i thought i was in luck cause they had like 4 copies left of the LE, but while waiting in line the guy infront of me took all of the COPIES, and then when i asked if he could sell me one of them he offered to sell it for $75........[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a red flag deal if I ever saw one.

[quote name='MaddogMonty']So you are waiting for the game to be cheaper so you can support the developer by paying LESS for their game? Good plan.[/QUOTE]

never said i was supporting the devs. just saying, they put in alot of effort, and i wanna try it out even if it was a flunk in some level. and i don't support devs.:cool:

[quote name='Deagle814']Hey can anyone tell me which game will be at 9.99$ tomorrow?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Star Wars The Force Unleashed for PS3 (Xbox 360 version is yet to be confirmed) will be on sale tomorrow, but it will be $19.89 instead of $9.89.

[quote name='zeze']Star Wars The Force Unleashed for PS3 (Xbox 360 version is yet to be confirmed) will be on sale tomorrow, but it will be $19.89 instead of $9.89.[/QUOTE]Damn that sucks.That game isn't as good as MGS4 and it's going to be more expensive lol.

Do you know whats going to be on special the days after tomorrow?

[quote name='Deagle814']Damn that sucks.That game isn't as good as MGS4 and it's going to be more expensive lol.

Do you know whats going to be on special the days after tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

All we know so far is ENDWAR PS3 9.89 friday and thats it...

If you want, just drop by your local EB and ask them what games they have in overstock... it usually hints to what games MAY go on sale. One of my local EB's says that HAZE was a possible candidate... yeah a pretty bad game too.

[quote name='thelaughingman']If you want, just drop by your local EB and ask them what games they have in overstock... it usually hints to what games MAY go on sale. One of my local EB's says that HAZE was a possible candidate... yeah a pretty bad game too.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, then it's doorcrasher price should be $4.98, and I'd still have to think twice about buying it.

[quote name='thelaughingman']If you want, just drop by your local EB and ask them what games they have in overstock... it usually hints to what games MAY go on sale. One of my local EB's says that HAZE was a possible candidate... yeah a pretty bad game too.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, then its doorcrasher price would have to be $4.98 for me to even consider buying it.

[quote name='neksus']At $4.98 I'm pretty sure BBV would have plenty copies in the next few days :razz:[/QUOTE]

It would be funny if EB decided to toss QUAKE WARS back on sale again :lol:
but BBV really has to end their $10 promo soon... how are they even profiting from all these "turds"?

What the hell man, I bought Mirror's Edge like a week before it dropped to $30. Then it dropped to $20, and now $10!? I got owned by price drops.

Oh well, gamedays is making up for it. Come on Left 4 Dead!

[quote name='Ranzo']360 version of SW will be on sale as well.[/QUOTE]

Any word on if the 360 version is $10 or $20 like the PS3 one?

I wonder if the 360 version of Endwar will be on sale on Friday also.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Any word on if the 360 version is $10 or $20 like the PS3 one?

I wonder if the 360 version of Endwar will be on sale on Friday also.[/QUOTE]

It will be 20 as well. Nothing on Endwar 360.

[quote name='Ranzo']It will be 20 as well. Nothing on Endwar 360.[/QUOTE]
cool thanks is endwar worth it if you dont have the headset? does eb even carry headset bundle? or socom only :(

I don't know what BBV is thinking with the $10 TIV... I haven't seen it advertised anywhere so it doesn't seem like they're using it to draw people into the store.

As for Mirror's edge, while it had some innovative things, I found it very frustrating at many parts and couldn't wait to finish it and just be done with it. It's the closest any game has gotten to making me want to throw a controller (which I have never, ever done)

I just called my store and there was no price change that came through for the 360 edition of SW:FU today :(

I really hate how the Harmony location doesn't have a phone number listed on ebgames.ca :( This is definitely on my TODO list: ask for their number. That sounds so strange...

[quote name='Griptor']I highly recommend Mirror's Edge for 10 dollars. Heck, I got it for 60 and was really happy with it.[/QUOTE]

I really hated Mirror's Edge... good thing I rented it with BBV gamepass 1 month coupon.

It is a "love or hate" game, you might hate it , you might love it... for $10 it is worth to buy it, will be about the same price to rent it!!!

[quote name='Ranzo']360 version of SW will be on sale as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing the info. $20 is too rich for my blood though, I will keep my leftover credit for $10 game

[quote name='T.a.g']I just called my store and there was no price change that came through for the 360 edition of SW:FU today :([/QUOTE]

BBV has them used for 19.99 for the 360.

[quote name='thelaughingman']It would be funny if EB decided to toss QUAKE WARS back on sale again :lol:
but BBV really has to end their $10 promo soon... how are they even profiting from all these "turds"?[/QUOTE]

this post is funny for a lot of reasons.

no1 mzzes u a-hole.

[quote name='T.a.g']mines sold out[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's surprising. I live in a small town where my BBV usually only gets a max of 3 copies of a game and they don't do trade ins. I was in the store on Monday they had 6 of them used!

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Is Mirror's Edge for 360 $10 today. or is that the regular price?[/QUOTE]

I believe $9.99 is Mirror's Edge new, regular price.

Alrite so we got an email saying this weekends sales, but oddly enough it didnt include prices.

Sat: Fear 2(ps3, 360) my guess would be 9.99
Sun: Guitar hero 3 my guess 4.99
Mon: Syphon Filter for the ps2.............yeah not sure why

bread's done
Back