[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
The story is pretty sweet. The battle system is totally different - some like it, some hate it. Once you get used to it, there's quite a bit of strategy involved. Some people complain that you can't choose spells for each individual character and instead simply tell a squad to "use combat moves that total 110AP", but once you get used to it you're fairly intuitive as to what is going to be used, as well as saving you a whole lot of time choosing commands. The graphics are pretty good, and it's a looong RPG, well worth the $10. I pre-ordered it at launch and feel I got my money out of it. That said, the game got horrible reviews largely based on the lag produced by the graphics engine - which, I might add, is largely fixed (I found it unnoticable while others have found it just to be 'improved') by installing the game to the hard drive.

Reviews of jRPGs are useless. If you can look past the technical issues I hear it's a lot of fun. Don't even try to play it without installing.

[quote name='Firestorm']Reviews of jRPGs are useless. If you can look past the technical issues I hear it's a lot of fun. Don't even try to play it without installing.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a hard drive, so I guess I'll skip it.

Off-topic, but I notice a strange bug: it says there are 10 pages yet whenever I click on it it goes back to this page. I suppose this happens when the number of replies isn't enough for a new page.

So it follows that this post will be the first one on page 10.

[quote name='jonkaho']
The gamedays thread on RFD is full with Majunkmaniac posts! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have him on my ignore list!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Off-topic, but I notice a strange bug: it says there are 10 pages yet whenever I click on it it goes back to this page. I suppose this happens when the number of replies isn't enough for a new page.

So it follows that this post will be the first one on page 10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've noticed some weirdness too. If there are exactly enough posts to max out the number displayed per page, the navigation links show a "next page" link, but it never works until somebody posts another reply. It is rather annoying.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Yeah, I've noticed some weirdness too. If there are exactly enough posts to max out the number displayed per page, the navigation links show a "next page" link, but it never works until somebody posts another reply. It is rather annoying.[/QUOTE]

It's because someone has deleted there post, the placeholder is there but the actual post no longer exists.

[quote name='Corizzle']It's because someone has deleted there post, the placeholder is there but the actual post no longer exists.[/QUOTE]

To drag this even more off topic:

Has anyone noticed that lately threads with new posts show up as if there aren't new posts?

The posts are still there, but from the main Canada forum none of the threads are bolded, etc.

[quote name='Corizzle']It's because someone has deleted there post, the placeholder is there but the actual post no longer exists.[/QUOTE]

Well, I find it odd that it has happened to me on the last three pages ... the odds of that happening aren't too good. Unless somebody is doing it on purpose ...

picked up LR today at my local EB; also snagged used copies of MechAssault 2: LE ($2.99), Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge ($4.99) and Arc the Lad: End of Darkness ($4.99)

Also snagged COD3 for $15.99 and Condemned: Criminal Origins for $13.xx at Zellers; gooood day!

[quote name='onemorechanc']Well, I find it odd that it has happened to me on the last three pages ... the odds of that happening aren't too good. Unless somebody is doing it on purpose ...[/QUOTE]

Bloody thing just did it again to me ... of course, this post will probably show up on the new page and fix it.

Edit -- yep, fixed it.

[quote name='onemorechanc']Well, I find it odd that it has happened to me on the last three pages ... the odds of that happening aren't too good. Unless somebody is doing it on purpose ...[/QUOTE]

The placeholder could be anywhere, it doesn't have to be the most recent post is deleted. It's still adding to the inflated post count.

[quote name='T.a.g']I just called my store(ugh gotta work sunday) but yeah the game is 9.89.[/QUOTE]

Hey T.a.g.,
Thanks for the price updates. We have a few EB employees here, but more eyes always helps. Which EB do you work at?

And welcome to CAG!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Hey T.a.g.,
Thanks for the price updates. We have a few EB employees here, but more eyes always helps. Which EB do you work at?

And welcome to CAG![/QUOTE]

I work in fredericton NB. Ive actually been a lurker here for awhile but just thought id finnaly sign up

[quote name='T.a.g']I work in fredericton NB. Ive actually been a lurker here for awhile but just thought id finnaly sign up[/QUOTE]

Well I think there's a few NB CAGs here also

And technically, you could update CAG with EB deals an hour before anyone else :lol:

[quote name='Jouvert']I have him on my ignore list![/QUOTE]

COOL!

:D

picked my copy and it was the last sealed one left!

I found out that over the 2 ebgames near me, one always have all copies gutted, and the other one, always all sealed...

So it's a really a store-by-store basis

Thanks all,

Got my copy of LR from the Victoria Park and Danforth location (about 6 left at 1pm). It was gutted but for $10, no worries.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I found out that over the 2 ebgames near me, one always have all copies gutted, and the other one, always all sealed...

So it's a really a store-by-store basis[/QUOTE]

Could you indicate the location that always keeps the games sealed ? I tend to avoid EB since the one near me seems to gut most of their copies. Thanks.

[quote name='T.a.g']I work in fredericton NB. Ive actually been a lurker here for awhile but just thought id finnaly sign up[/QUOTE]

Regent or Prospect? Nice to see a fellow Freddybeach member on here.

Good to see a fellow New Brunswickan!

Thanks, I just bought TLR from the Clarkson Crossing(Ontario) location, it was the last one on the stand near the cashier but I saw more one on top of a small stack on the floor behind the counter.

Edmonton CAGs: I got a copy from West Edmonton. There was 2 left. The one I got and the one I "placed" behind one of the used Lord of the Rings (360) games. The one that's like Star Wars Battlefront.

Post if you pick it up

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Edmonton CAGs: I got a copy from West Edmonton. There was 2 left. The one I got and the one I "placed" behind one of the used Lord of the Rings (360) games. The one that's like Star Wars Battlefront.

Post if you pick it up[/QUOTE]
Downtown Edmonton City Centre had about 6 or 7 copies all gutted at their till as of around 11:30. Some of them looked like they were gutted this morning (clean no scratches on the case) and some of them were pretty beat up.

I was at EB in Miramichi and they had about 6 copies left of TLR. I'll be moving back to Fredericton at the end of August once my job begins.

I got mine after calling 3 locations.

First one I called was out. Second had 4 copies but when I arrived some lady bought all of them before I got in so they called the one across the road and got them to hold a copy for me.

[quote name='matsam']GameStop at Place Rosemère had a ton left, all sealed, too![/QUOTE]

Dammit, I knew I should've gone to that Gamestop rather than the crappy EB GAMES on St-Hubert.

Picked mine up around 7pm in mayfair, still had a few sealed copies left. They had a couple PS1 megaman's that i tried to pick up but they were holding for an employee I suppose :( Oh i also saw my first copy of the DS browser, they wanted $34.99 for it.

On an interesting note, I was talking with the workers about the deals so far, and it came up somehow that there's a guy who's been buying stock from that store, trading it in to another, and vice verca. Anyways, apparently he's been doing it too much so next time he comes in they are banning him. klepto came to mind.

[quote name='rtooby']Picked mine up around 7pm in mayfair, still had a few sealed copies left. They had a couple PS1 megaman's that i tried to pick up but they were holding for an employee I suppose :(

On an interesting note, I was talking with the workers about the deals so far, and it came up somehow that there's a guy who's been buying stock from that store, trading it in to another, and vice verca. Anyways, apparently he's been doing it too much so next time he comes in they are banning him. klepto came to mind.[/QUOTE]
That makes no sense, they have reduced the trade value of all games that went on special, so they wouldn't benefit from trading.

bread's done
Back