[Canada] Few Crazy EB Price Drops

Arcturian

CAGiversary!
As of yesterday (April 19) in Fredericton, NB the two EBs here reduced the following NEW games to the following RIDICULOUSLY LOW prices. please note I have listed the game's titles, system, price, and a symbol which indicates with which emotion you should respond to said prices.

Stranglehold CE:360 - $15.00 (!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe - $10.00 (forget which system) (?...)
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol:DS - $10.00 (!!)
uhhh other actually good games which I am forgetting right now.

I bought El Strangleholdo for this price, mmhmm.

ROCK AND ROLL

i dont think eb will ever have a problem making money. 95% of the time you pre-order a game, you're going to get it on release day, the money you put down is interest and it keeps adding and adding up.

its good to see that we get deals like this to save our wallet every once in a while :)

ps. those blu-rays still on i'd bite for a couple, rocky maybe underworld

Managed to pick up XXX for 5 bucks. The clerk actually told me that Rocky and Underworld were also on special but that the employees had bought them all. Too bad I guess.
Anyways thanks for the head's up.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']According to RFD:

Lost Planet
Prey
Superman Returns

Wii
Harvey Birdman

PS3
Fantastic 4[/quote]
I got all excited thinking it was Lost Odyssey and it's Lost Planet
:(

[quote name='JnJosh']i dont think eb will ever have a problem making money. 95% of the time you pre-order a game, you're going to get it on release day, the money you put down is interest and it keeps adding and adding up.[/quote]

Well, I'm less interested in supporting EB than I am interested in supporting -- for example -- Clover Studios, when I buy one of their games at $14.99 a year and a half after release =P

There's a new version of Lost planet coming out soon with added content that won't be available through download. It's called Lost Planet Extreme Condition: Colonies Edition the release date is May 27.

[quote name='CHW']Damn. I guess all the bargain hunting we do here at CAG really doesn't help support the gaming industry, does it?[/quote]

I guess that depends. If you are enticed to go to EB to buy a clearance item, you may feel compelled to browse around and purchase something that they make more of a profit from. So those items work as Loss Leaders to get you into the store in the first place.
Also, clearing shelf space helps get newer items on the shelves to replace the stuff that takes up room and isn't selling well. You can see it as doing them a favor to help them sell more. :cool:

Saw the price adj. sheet for today, only real notable was guild wars Eye of the north for 9.xx nothing else really seemed to go down, few titles going back up but was told to expect drops tomorrow or monday, maybe if no one has given a call by around noon i will.

also go xxx for 4.89 even though it was priced back up, sticker was still on it :) good eb employee!

[quote name='jonkaho']hope there will be some more price drops on bluray movies soon![/quote]
Don't get your hopes too high :cool:

bread's done
Back