Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']I preordered 2 copies just last week. Didn't have any problems doing so. As it turns out they aren't even ordering the "regular edition" :)[/QUOTE]

Weird, which one did you preorder at? I've been going to the Gamestop near Cambie/Broadway since it's close.

Or if you can give me the SKU or something that would help too. :p If I have time maybe I'll give EB Metrotown a shot tomorrow.

[quote name='Icetron']Weird, which one did you preorder at? I've been going to the Gamestop near Cambie/Broadway since it's close.

Or if you can give me the SKU or something that would help too. :p If I have time maybe I'll give EB Metrotown a shot tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ask to see the pre-order binder. Last time I was there I got to flip through it and pick basically anything on there to pre-order. Depends on the CSR you get though.

[quote name='poiuiu']So yeah, Gamestop preorder for either FF13 is on display on their counter; ministrategy guide and a poster or something. Random shit but no one's buying this for the extras. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I am :roll: If not for extras I don't buy games new. I have at least 100 triple-A games in my unplayed backlog. Also, EB is still asking $70 when other places are already offering it for $55-$60 ;)

[quote name='ragnar14']I am :roll: If not for extras I don't buy games new.[/QUOTE]

Same on my end, gotta give me some incentive to buy at retail.

[quote name='Icetron']Weird, which one did you preorder at? I've been going to the Gamestop near Cambie/Broadway since it's close.

Or if you can give me the SKU or something that would help too. :p If I have time maybe I'll give EB Metrotown a shot tomorrow.[/QUOTE]Thats the one I frequent. See if Heather or Joseph are working.

SKU: 6195093

[quote name='Icetron']Really weird, they keep telling me it's not up but thanks for the SKU. Should be easier to get done with that. :)[/QUOTE]You shouldn't have a problem at this store. Everyone is pretty knowledgeable in terms of what you or they can/cannot do.

According the EB's Canadian site, Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon has a preorder bonus of a Soundtrack CD. Nice. I think they're doing this in the States, but didn't know about here.

Unfortunately, I would rather buy the game at my local shop than at EB if I'm going to pay full price for it, but maybe one of you guys will find the info helpful. I don't expect the game to sell well, so maybe I can talk my way into getting this cd from EB if they have extras.

Doubtful. :(

[quote name='ragnar14']I am :roll: If not for extras I don't buy games new. I have at least 100 triple-A games in my unplayed backlog. Also, EB is still asking $70 when other places are already offering it for $55-$60 ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maigoyume']Same on my end, gotta give me some incentive to buy at retail.
[/quote]

haha, then more power to the two of you. If FF13 wasn't part of GG, I would have just rented it. Also, my EB receipt says it's 64.99; not that it's much better than msrp. :p

Anyone know if EBGames/Gamestop Canada are honoring the US Gamestop pre-order bonus for Monster Hunter Tri? They're giving you $5 off, 500 Nintendo Points, and the demo for pre-orders down there.

Does anyone know if this "special SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Point Card" comes in the PS3 versions of FFXIII sold in Canada too? I haven't heard anything about this until now, and was just curious :) thanks!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-exclusive-bonus-offer-for-final-fantasy-xiv/

"Players who purchase a copy of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PS3 will receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item and be able to enter for a potential opportunity to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3. Included inside copies of the initial production run of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PS3 are Campaign Codes printed on a special SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Point Card. Players can register at SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and receive a code to unlock the special FINAL FANTASY XIV limited offer."

The Square Enix Members site isn't seem to be working for me at the moment either lol.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']Does anyone know if this "special SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Point Card" comes in the PS3 versions of FFXIII sold in Canada too? I haven't heard anything about this until now, and was just curious :) thanks!...[/QUOTE]

Yup, cracked open my FFXIII a couple hours ago, and it's slipped on top of the instruction booklets. Input the code on the given site on the card, and you get 50 pts on the member site, an application to fill out for a chance to beta FFXIV, and use the same code for when FFXIV actually comes out for a "secret item".

[quote name='AJD23']Yup, cracked open my FFXIII a couple hours ago, and it's slipped on top of the instruction booklets. Input the code on the given site on the card, and you get 50 pts on the member site, an application to fill out for a chance to beta FFXIV, and use the same code for when FFXIV actually comes out for a "secret item".[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the quick reply :D

[quote name='Lockescythe']its in the xbox copies too.[/QUOTE]
Yea xbox gets an avatar outfit, while PS3 gets a FFIV beta invite and special item for FFIV when it comes out

I have to say, the 360 code seems like the better free gift

You get one for a male avatar and for a female avatar

Not sure what to do with the latter, maybe make another gamercard and pretend to be a chick :lol:

[quote name='Sousanator']Yea xbox gets an avatar outfit, while PS3 gets a FFIV beta invite and special item for FFIV when it comes out

I have to say, the 360 code seems like the better free gift[/QUOTE]
You can potentially sell the FF14 beta code fto the wacko dumb enough to pay for it (who probably also hates FF13 enough to not wanna buy it). Either way, both inbox bonuses are pretty cruddy, imo.

Argh this is annoying. I preordered both Command and Conquer 4 as well as Fragile Dreams for the Wii, and none of their pre-order items came in my local EB. There was a listing for Fragile Dreams as having a bonus soundtrack but it looks like they removed it, and Command and Conquer had a prequel mission and soundtrack as extra.

If anyone here pre-ordered these games in Canada from Ebgames/Gamestop, did you get your soundtracks?

edit: went to the store to pick it up, and apparently they did have the soundtrack in. They probably got it in today in a later shipment. Still nothing on the C&C4 preorder stuff.

I received a phone call from the manager at my local EB Games today. He's a pretty cool guy, and he decided to call up the head office and ask them what was up with the lack of pre-order bonuses for Command And Conquer 4, even though the store is promoting it through hanging signs in the store, that it comes with an extra prequel mission and soundtrack.

Apparently, they don't have any soundtracks to give to customers, but they sent him an email .. an EMAIL with the extra mission codes on it.

He had to read the code over the phone and i had to write it down. He also has to do this with anyone else who preordered the game from the store as well. I'm only guessing, but they didn't get any physical cards to ship to their stores (well around here at least), and they're using codes they'd normally send for online preorders.

Talk about lame.

[quote name='Psamtik']... Fragile Dreams for the Wii, and none of their pre-order items came in my local EB. There was a listing for Fragile Dreams as having a bonus soundtrack but it looks like they removed it, and Command and Conquer had a prequel mission and soundtrack as extra.

If anyone here pre-ordered these games in Canada from Ebgames/Gamestop, did you get your soundtracks?

edit: went to the store to pick it up, and apparently they did have the soundtrack in. They probably got it in today in a later shipment. Still nothing on the C&C4 preorder stuff.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got your soundtrack, when I preorder Fragile, I was actually given the soundtrack first and I had to wait for the game to be released about a week later. Oh and I really like the reversible cover.

Any word on a preorder bonus for Super Street Fighter 4? Best Buy is giving a $5 gift card in store or $5 discount on online purchase, I hope thats not it.

I don't know if anyone was interested in my Red Dead Redemption post, but I contacted Gamestop and received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting GameStop/EBGames Canada Customer Service. We will be receiving the special edition and customers who pre-order will automatically be upgraded to this edition."

So, that's that.

[quote name='DraculaDillenger']I don't know if anyone was interested in my Red Dead Redemption post, but I contacted Gamestop and received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting GameStop/EBGames Canada Customer Service. We will be receiving the special edition and customers who pre-order will automatically be upgraded to this edition."

So, that's that.[/QUOTE]

Is it an actual Collectors Edition with physical bonuses or will it just be the regular copy with some bonus DLC codes for the horse, costumes, and minigames?

Does anyone know/remember what the pre-order bonus was for Monster Hunter Tri at EB Games? I recall a "Save $5" if you pre-order, but I can't remember the details, nor can I remember if there was any other pre-order bonus with it or not. Does anyone know/remember? Did anyone who pre-ordered get any bonus items or save the $5?

[quote name='CoachHines']Is it an actual Collectors Edition with physical bonuses or will it just be the regular copy with some bonus DLC codes for the horse, costumes, and minigames?[/QUOTE]

It seems likely that there's a packed-in soundtrack cd along with a DLC code for the Assassin's outfit and extra missions.

[quote name='dtp11']Does anyone know/remember what the pre-order bonus was for Monster Hunter Tri at EB Games? I recall a "Save $5" if you pre-order, but I can't remember the details, nor can I remember if there was any other pre-order bonus with it or not. Does anyone know/remember? Did anyone who pre-ordered get any bonus items or save the $5?[/QUOTE]

$5 off. CC bundle is $70 and standalone game is $55, so you'd get them for $65 and $50 respectively. Not really a deal since that's the regular price at other retailers (Best Buy even had the bundle at $60).

I believe US pre-orders got a 500 Wii points card, but doesn't seem like Canada got any.

Browsing through the games that are coming up in this summer for me on gamestop.ca, I found the following pre-order bonuses:

-Sin & Punishment 2 - Get 500 Wii Points
-Super Mario Galaxy 2 - An "Exclusive" Poster
-Arc Rise Fantasia - An "Exclusive Game Cell"
-SMT: Persona 3 Portable - A hat fashioned after Junpei's (!)

I'll have to go in store and check if any of those are actually true or just information that wasn't removed from the american side of things. All the Pre-orders are the same save for Super Mario Galaxy 2, which instead gets you a $20 gift card in the states.

I'll probably go and confirm them later this week. I will definitely be preordering P3P if I can snag that hat.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']I'll probably go and confirm them later this week. I will definitely be preordering P3P if I can snag that hat.[/QUOTE]

I saw the hat on Joystiq... link http://playstation.joystiq.com/2010/04/28/persona-3-portable-pre-order-includes-junpei-hat/

According to a press release, the hat is "only available as a pre-order bonus ... while supplies last." If you want to add the cap to your cosplay wardrobe, you'll have to order the game from either Amazon or GameStop stores in the US or Canada.
580p3ppreorderbonusjunpeicapfront.jpg

Let me know if they give you the hat. I was thinking of trying Persona3 (having never played any Persona game) and I would be more likely to try if it was portable...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']$5 off. CC bundle is $70 and standalone game is $55, so you'd get them for $65 and $50 respectively. Not really a deal since that's the regular price at other retailers (Best Buy even had the bundle at $60).

I believe US pre-orders got a 500 Wii points card, but doesn't seem like Canada got any.[/QUOTE]Hmmm... I didn't get the $5 off.... Thanks!

Apparently, Amazon.ca is also offering the hat, but I have had such bad experiences with amazon for Day 1 releases, I would rather go and get it at EB.

I'll let you know how it goes. You should definitely pick it up. I have both the original version and FES, yet I'm still buying the Portable version.

Whether that says more about the game's quality or my insanity/stupidity is up to you.

Gamestop.ca says EB/Gamestop will have a poster with Mario Galaxy 2.

Speaking of posters I've bought a few from Walmart/Toy R Us for $6 to decorate a collections corner in my basement.
Trends has pics on their website of what's available.

From gamestop I got a modnationracers t-shirt and also codes for alan wake: avatar shirt male/female also a theme for pre-ordering them.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Speaking of posters I've bought a few from Walmart/Toy R Us for $6 to decorate a collections corner in my basement.
Trends has pics on their website of what's available.[/QUOTE]
Can't sleep ... clown will eat me ... can't sleep ... clown will eat me ...

6228.jpg

[quote name='shifty_37']From gamestop I got a modnationracers t-shirt and also codes for alan wake: avatar shirt male/female also a theme for pre-ordering them.[/QUOTE]
What size is the Modnation T-shirt? I really don't need another XXL shirt.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Apparently, Amazon.ca is also offering the hat, but I have had such bad experiences with amazon for Day 1 releases, I would rather go and get it at EB.

I'll let you know how it goes. You should definitely pick it up. I have both the original version and FES, yet I'm still buying the Portable version.

Whether that says more about the game's quality or my insanity/stupidity is up to you.[/QUOTE]

Well I pulled the trigger on P3P through Amazon.ca

Total for this Order: CDN$ 45.19 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Delivery estimate: July 13 2010 - July 14 2010
Shipping estimate for these items: July 9 2010[/SIZE][/FONT]
Although you've had problems with Amazon, I will try them. I've never ordered through them before and it was $5 cheaper than GS. Plus it's free shipping and I'm not in a particular rush to get it on Day 1. Last thing I need is another hat, but I won't complain :bouncy:
I just wished that I could use a coupon code, but I couldn't find any valid ones. Thanks for the recommendation anyway!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Although you've had problems with Amazon, I will try them. I've never ordered through them before and it was $5 cheaper than GS. Plus it's free shipping and I'm not in a particular rush to get it on Day 1. Last thing I need is another hat, but I won't complain :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about ordering through Amazon. Atlus has a partnership with Amazon, so their games usually ship promptly and are the same price or cheaper than EB (plus there's the low-price guarantee in case the price changes). You're guaranteed a pre-order bonus through Amazon, so it's the safest bet. I've never received an Atlus game significantly late from Amazon (maybe a day or two, but it probably look as long for EB to receive their shipment). Amazon is usually the best place to shop for Atlus games; they even stock some exclusives, such as the Persona 4 Social Link Expansion Pack back in 2008.

Weird how you say that, as it was Persona 4 that prompted me to never try to order from amazon again. I had preordered it three months before it came out, but once the date of release rolled around, they bumped the ship date back a month and a half. So I cancelled the order, walked to a local game shop, and bought it AND got the artbook with it for less than what amazon had it posted for.

Anyway, if you are not in a rush to get the game and don't care about the hat, then amazon should be fine, especially if it's cheaper. I have recommended Persona 3 and Persona 4 to everyone I know and not a single one has been disappointed.

[quote name='shifty_37']From gamestop I got a modnationracers t-shirt and also codes for alan wake: avatar shirt male/female also a theme for pre-ordering them.[/QUOTE]

I assume you got the modnation racers tshirt because you preordered modnation racers? can you confirm though because I don't see anything about this on their website. Also, have you already gotten the tshirt? I ask because I preordered the game myself as soon as the power trade for modnation became valid and at the time they did not have any preorder goodies to give away so I'm wondering if I should go in and ask for that stuff or if I'm gonna get it when the game is released.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Apparently, Amazon.ca is also offering the hat, but I have had such bad experiences with amazon for Day 1 releases, I would rather go and get it at EB.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I pre-oreded 3D Dot Game Heros from Amazon a while ago. Its released today, but it doesn't look like I'll be recieving it for another week.

Pre-ordering from Amazon just means you WILL get a copy of the game in your lifetime. It doesn't mean you'll get it as soon as its released.

If its a game I want, I want it the day it comes out. I will NEVER pre-order from Amazon again.

Thanks for posting about the Junpei hat, I decided to order it off of Amazon. I should be on vacation when it comes out, so I'm in no rush to get it the day of release (luckily one of my parents will be home to get the package if it does ship out fast).

Plus being $5 less is a good thing.;)

[quote name='Alexisonfire']I had preordered it three months before it came out, but once the date of release rolled around, they bumped the ship date back a month and a half. So I cancelled the order, walked to a local game shop, and bought it AND got the artbook with it for less than what amazon had it posted for.[/QUOTE]

what if that was just a faulty estimate, & it would have shipped within a few days, but since you got it cheaper in person... doesn't really matter

[quote name='Mr.']What size is the Modnation T-shirt? I really don't need another XXL shirt.[/QUOTE]

The shirts an XL.

[quote name='web_slinger_62']EVERY single time i order a game from amazon.ca i've had the game delivered 1 day after release, i guess i'm just lucky[/QUOTE]

You're lucky because of how close you are to Mississauga. I used to get stuff from amazon either the same day or day after release when I lived in Southern Ontario. Now that I'm in BC, it's minimum 7 days. It kind of sucks, but I do understand that the package has quite a bit further to travel.

bread's done
Back