Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='turgore2008']I'm wondering ...does GameFunk ship to Canada ?[/quote]

We don't ship internationally at this time, but hopefully in less than a month we'll start shipping to CA, UK, and AU

[quote name='Firestorm']If I order someone online on Future Shop, if I go to refund it at the store do I get shipping back or is that lost forever?[/quote]

Lost.

[quote name='Rocky071']Call of Duty 4 -- what's a 'good' price on it and/or where would I be able to get that price?[/quote]

It's 49.99 at Amazon.ca right now for 360. You can use the $10 off coupon to make it 40.

Say I got a MGS4 pre-order with a Trade-3 promo. And I also received the bonus DVD. Can I still cancel my pre-order? Or use the credit towards something else? This is for EBGames

If you did a trade in 3, it's yours.
The only exception is that sometimes, they'll let you switch for a different title that is also on trade 3.
You can't jsut get the credit value.
It's "trade 3 to get 1 free" not, "trade 3 and get $69.99" ;)

target in the states has it for 5.94, at least when i was there today :) blockbuster should have that game brand new for 4.99

Anyone living in Toronto; if you come to the Queensway Futureshop we have a good stack (40+) of 'em, if anyone wants to pick 'em up I just told my manager that we should give 'em away with any game purchase since no one's preordering MGS4 from us anyway, he said it'd be fine and we have to let head office know. I'll keep yous guys posted.

[quote name='kathos']Anyone living in Toronto; if you come to the Queensway Futureshop we have a good stack (40+) of 'em, if anyone wants to pick 'em up I just told my manager that we should give 'em away with any game purchase since no one's preordering MGS4 from us anyway, he said it'd be fine and we have to let head office know. I'll keep yous guys posted.[/quote]

I assume you're talking about the MGS4 bonus DVD? :whistle2:s

Put me down for one if you are giving them out free or with purchase of a game. Please keep us posted!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I assume you're talking about the MGS4 bonus DVD? :whistle2:s

Put me down for one if you are giving them out free or with purchase of a game. Please keep us posted![/quote]

Yeah sorry I meant the bonus DVD. Since the beta keys are useless (it's done right? or is it still going?) only real fans will be appreciating the great DVD for its content. So I'd rather have them handed out then put into the compactor =\ (which is what actually happens to stuff like this).

Anyway; WAIT FOR MY WORD ON THIS. Please, I don't want to have a horde of people expecting this tomorrow or something, I still need permission to give 'em away with every game sale (right now it's only a giveaway to any preorder).

Pokemon is one of those games that will never get low enough. I think the GBA versions are still selling for $24.99 or something. You could try eBay.

Does EB take really old PS2 games? I was looking through my brother's closet, and he has old PS2 games just sitting there, like:
- NBA Street
- Onimusha
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs...among others.

Just curious because these games are just taking up space, and my brother and I don't mind even if it is just mere cents.

P.S. HAHA he also has a black labeled FFVII that he will continue to not know about! :lol:

[quote name='AJD23']Does EB take really old PS2 games? I was looking through my brother's closet, and he has old PS2 games just sitting there, like:
- NBA Street
- Onimusha
- SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs...among others.

Just curious because these games are just taking up space, and my brother and I don't mind even if it is just mere cents.

P.S. HAHA he also has a black labeled FFVII that he will continue to not know about! :lol:[/quote]

throw them on goozex

[quote name='DoctorWho']Went to pick up PS3 GRID today and was told it was delayed. Any truth to this?[/quote]
There were shelves of it the EB I go to, so it could have been a delayed shipment thing.

[quote name='DoctorWho']Went to pick up PS3 GRID today and was told it was delayed. Any truth to this?[/quote]
Yes, big stores like BB online,FS online and EBG doesn't have it yet.

When you preorder from Amazon.ca when do they charge you for the preorder? Right away or when the item is released/shipped?

Hey, anyone have any tips on finding MS points cheap? I don't see why they didn't make 2000 $20...

Are they cheaper in the U.S?

The conversion is better in the states, but you can only use Canadian Points cards on Canadian accounts. No ordering in cheap points.

Because MS points is not 1 point = 1 cent (which is what Nintendo does). It's whatever the equivalent of 1800 points = 20 bucks.

They did it this way so things you buy on their market looks cheaper than it actually is.

Thanks for the info. Good thing I didn't buy the from the U.S.

Nice little scheme MS has done here haha. I'm still going to figure out how much the DLC actually cost me. I won't fall for it :D

If I use my CC on live to buy them is there tax?

So I'm looking for MS Points.. Is the general cheapest place the FS/BB friends and family sales that have 20% off Xbox accessories? Not looking to create a US Live account or anything like that.

[quote name='TripleQ']So I'm looking for MS Points.. Is the general cheapest place the FS/BB friends and family sales that have 20% off Xbox accessories? Not looking to create a US Live account or anything like that.[/quote]

Yes, waiting for FS/BB sales are the best (15-20% off). There are usually a few a year too which is nice.

Has anyone seen the MGS Essential Collection anywhere? It appears to sold out online and in the big box stores.

Last place I saw it was behind the counter at the New Westminster Rogers. But that was last week, and I can't tell you if it was on hold for someone, or even the value. And I remember someone buying it from EB not too long ago either, so you could try them also.

[quote name='Winkels']Has anyone seen the MGS Essential Collection anywhere? It appears to sold out online and in the big box stores.[/quote]

Found mine at HMV (b&m, not online) yesterday.

i had a question about mario galaxy, legend of zelda, metroid prime 3, and burn out paradise. I keep on looking for these games but i can never find a really cheap copy to get, the only chance i had was when metroid dropped to $10 for the eb sale but i missed that. So is there any cheap copies?( i dont care if they are used)

Anybody know where I can order a copy of the Limited Edition MGS4 guide? Amazon.ca/.com/Chapters.ca are all out of stock.

danthemightyone: Amazon.ca says it would ship in 1 to 4 months, so I'm assuming that means they're out of stock and are waiting on a resupply.

Lockescythe: That's an idea, but I think I'll wait a bit longer and see if any Canadian retailers get some stock in.

I checked some US sites, but they either won't ship to Canada, or are out of stock.

[quote name='elbkhm']danthemightyone: Amazon.ca says it would ship in 1 to 4 months, so I'm assuming that means they're out of stock and are waiting on a resupply.

Lockescythe: That's an idea, but I think I'll wait a bit longer and see if any Canadian retailers get some stock in.

I checked some US sites, but they either won't ship to Canada, or are out of stock.[/quote]If they won't ship to Canada, use Goomba's service. A book doesn't cost much to ship so he can get it to you pretty cheaply.

bread's done
Back