Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

speaking of dealhunting. I should probably throw it out there my nephew wants to get NBA 09 :psp: as I've never shopped for PSP before does anyone know of any deal on it anywhere?

is it me or did we just get our own section ? I could have sworn Canada was a segment of international. how long have we had our own area?

[quote name='Wolfkin']is it me or did we just get our own section ? I could have sworn Canada was a segment of international. how long have we had our own area?[/quote]

Wow, you've been out of the loop for a while, huh?

It's been a few months already.

[quote name='danthemightyone']May not be that bad with EB.

- Find dirt cheap games like Red Steel and Motorstorm
- Trade them in with $19.99
- Return the game and get full price in return within a week.[/quote]

Thought that was just for people who preordered?

[quote name='janlazer']Thought that was just for people who preordered?[/quote]

Yes. I wrote it a week ago and you could still preorder by then. Today would be the last day (YMMV) you could preorder it, assuming that the release date is today and Canadian retailers will have them tomorrow at the earliest.

does anyone in canada (toronto pref) have a 360 data transfer cable i can borrow? I will pay shipping both ways if anyone can lend a 360 transfer cable so i can transfer stuff from 20 gig to my new hard drive.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']does anyone in canada (toronto pref) have a 360 data transfer cable i can borrow? I will pay shipping both ways if anyone can lend a 360 transfer cable so i can transfer stuff from 20 gig to my new hard drive.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Microsoft will send you one for free if you call them. Or you might be able to order it online, check their site.

[quote name='elevature']I'm pretty sure Microsoft will send you one for free if you call them. Or you might be able to order it online, check their site.[/quote]

They'll give you one for free, but you have to call them (I believe it's 1-800-4MYXBOX or something like that). Don't even bother trying to do it online or via email, they'll just keep referring you to the page for people who bought an Elite console.

[quote name='ragnar14']Any old micro-fiber cloth should do. If you haven't seen anywhere selling them check camera or glasses shops. I picked one up in the electronics section of Zellers a while ago, no idea if they'd still have them though.[/QUOTE]

You can get a nice micro fiber cloth at most Dollarrama for a buck, they are Pink and have a older iMac on the front of the package.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']You can get a nice micro fiber cloth at most Dollarrama for a buck, they are Pink and have a older iMac on the front of the package.[/quote]
Thanks, I should check that out.

[quote name='musdy']How is the 360 play & charge kit?? is it worth the $30??[/quote]

Personally, I'd look at getting some Eneloop rechargeable batteries. They're more universal, charge quickly, and are cheaper than buying the Play & Charge kit with the battery packs.

Not to mention Eneloops will also work for TV/Receiver/DVD/Bluray/Universal/Wii remotes. And not only that, but they can also be recharged on just about any battery recharger. They're just about the best purchase for anyone with more than a handful of electronics.

Here's a link of an 8 pack of Eneloops from Costco's website and they're only 33 bucks, and non-members only pay an extra 5 per cent and they should be shipped free.

There's this kit from Costco as well: http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product...=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

• Kit includes:
  • 1 x 1-hour charger
  • 10 x AA Eneloop batteries
  • 6 x AAA Eneloop batteries
  • 2 x “C” size sleeves
  • 2 x “D” size sleeves
  • 12-volt car adapter
A bit more pricy, but comes with the charger, as well as a bunch of different battery sizes (including 10 AA's!)

Also, Dell has this pack on sale for $19.99 from time to time, buy two of those are you're looking pretty!

[quote name='elevature']I'm pretty sure Microsoft will send you one for free if you call them. Or you might be able to order it online, check their site.[/quote]

[quote name='Winkels']They'll give you one for free, but you have to call them (I believe it's 1-800-4MYXBOX or something like that). Don't even bother trying to do it online or via email, they'll just keep referring you to the page for people who bought an Elite console.[/quote]

thanks guys, despite the 25 minute phone call :'( and the ultimate frustration of repeating everything i said 5 times... i'm getting a data transfer kit in 2-3 weeks =(

Anybody know what the best store is to buy a PS3 from? As in, what place gives me the better/cheaper bang for my semi-hard earned money?

[quote name='gamer602']rcss is the Best place to buy with tax free, free $60 game, and $30 dollars off, making it $ 369![/quote]

Is that a limited time offer?

I meant the free $60 game..Is that of my choice or am I assigned a game? I know the $30 off is a limited time dealy, but that happens in almost every flyer..I just checked the flyer and didn't see anything about PS3..Is it the 80GB you're talking about as well? (Not that it matters, since I'm just going to upgrade the HD anyways)..Sorry for all the questions, not doubting you, just really excited now. lol.

that was promo that was on two weeks ago. The free game was NHL 2009.
Some lucky SOB on here was able to PM it at their store and got another 15 % off! I wish the store I work at sold video games...

[quote name='poiuiu']True, but if you already have a battery recharger, especially if it's a 15 minute one, you don't need to buy the Sanyo charger.[/quote]
He obviously wouldn't need to buy the charger if he has one already...from the sounds of it, he doesn't have a charger, which is why I suggested the pack from Costco. Alternatively, you could get the 4-pk of AA batteries on sale from Dell.ca for $10 occasionally, or $13.99 at Infonec.com regularly, and buy however many you need.

[quote name='gamer602']that was promo that was on two weeks ago. The free game was NHL 2009.
Some lucky SOB on here was able to PM it at their store and got another 15 % off! I wish the store I work at sold video games...[/quote]

Right, I remember that...Wish I had the damn money for the promo two weeks ago...Don't need NHL 09, as I have it for the 360 already(thank you Rogers 2/$40!), but that would have made life a lot easier and I wouldn't be scouring kijiji. lol.

[quote name='game_fanatic']He obviously wouldn't need to buy the charger if he has one already...from the sounds of it, he doesn't have a charger, which is why I suggested the pack from Costco. Alternatively, you could get the 4-pk of AA batteries on sale from Dell.ca for $10 occasionally, or $13.99 at Infonec.com regularly, and buy however many you need.[/quote]

I blame the weather for that brain fart of mine. :|

[quote name='poiuiu']I blame the weather for that brain fart of mine. :|[/quote]
hehe well I'm not too sure how the weather is where you are! Here in Waterloo, ON, it's pretty cold, but with no wind, it's not too shabby out!

Anyone know where the best place is to buy a 1year live subscription? Don't need the headset and chatpad though so the PGR pack is out for me.

I recently bought two games from Rogers Video and they did not come with instructions. Does anyone know any place online where you can buy instruction manuals for games? The reason I want them is because I am a collector and I like my games to be complete.

By the way the two games are Blitz The League for Xbox 360 and Gundam Crossfire for PS3.

Thanks for your help

[quote name='zeze']I recently bought two games from Rogers Video and they did not come with instructions. Does anyone know any place online where you can buy instruction manuals for games? The reason I want them is because I am a collector and I like my games to be complete.

By the way the two games are Blitz The League for Xbox 360 and Gundam Crossfire for PS3.

Thanks for your help[/quote]

Ebay is your best bet really

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Blitz-The-League...14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mobile-Suit-Gund...14&_trkparms=72:1215|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

[quote name='zeze']I recently bought two games from Rogers Video and they did not come with instructions. Does anyone know any place online where you can buy instruction manuals for games? The reason I want them is because I am a collector and I like my games to be complete.

Thanks for your help[/quote]

i have an orphan copy of Gundam Crossfire manual for sale ;-)

Hey guys, anyone know of a store that's either taking pre-orders for, or confirmed they will be carrying, the new Street Fighter 4 pads from Mad Catz? I want one for PS3.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I can't order them since I don't have paypal, and danthemightone I can't buy your copy because you probably want to be paid through paypal.

Thanks anyways

Hey, I'm looking to pick up a copy of NHL '09 for the 360. Does anyone have any good leads on where to pick up a copy for a good price?

A very long time. Not that long really, but I think I completed around 52 quizzes.
I really really really want that 120 GIG Hard Drive, a Black Controller and some rechargable battery packs, and I have enough points for all of them.

[quote name='Bezeau']Anyone knows where I can preorder/get a "Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightPad" in Canada?[/quote]
EB Games. $39.99.

[quote name='gamer602']DO NOT DO That unless the SM is lax and allows it.

THey can ban you from the store if they cared to do so..[/quote]
Are you kidding me? If I try to trade in two copies of a game they can outright say "You are banned from my store." What a joke.

generally they may look at you like an idiot, im sure if you explained something like "well my brother has a copy but he doesnt have an ID so he can't trade in"

i generally preorder 2 of the gaming gaurentee games so my brother can have a free rental, than i get the money back :) (sometimes i trade mine in too, so..doubles)

bread's done
Back