Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='Wolfkin']you sir are implying that Pokémon isn't awesome? the only thing less than stellar about pokémon is that i was in high school when it came out and as a high schooler (junior) it was kinda awkward that the only people i had to trade with was my neighbor's kids. don't get me wrong they love me but all the same they were like 8-10 year olds. it's a tough choice b/w getting an electabuzz and my parents thinking i'm weird.[/quote]

Nah I have nothing agaisnt Pokemon (except its' anime is pretty crusty). Heck I'm anticipating the release of Platnium...

I meant more so then raising virtual cats and dogs in my youth I was too busy training my electric rodents.

Has anyone used Eb's gaming guarantee??? If so do they just give u a new sealed copy or just the discs in the envelope??

[quote name='Spades22']Earth Defense force is the same way. I've been keeping the lookout on that game for a loooong time, and have never even found it anywhere at any price. It's like 35 or 40 bucks with shipping on ebay which is brutal. More hesitant to trade some games in lately as I don't know if I'll ever be able to find them in a local store again.[/quote]

I'll sell you mine for $10 once I effing beat it...
GD achievement OCD...
Only...I dunno, 80 more levels to beat!

[quote name='musdy']Has anyone used Eb's gaming guarantee??? If so do they just give u a new sealed copy or just the discs in the envelope??[/quote]

lawl, imagine if they did. naw they give new sealed copys. just like haze.

I'm getting a conflicting reports as I heard someone say they open a new copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the Loonie such so much? Searching up prices on PlayAsia for some games I want to import make me sad...

lawl, just wanted to share this with CAGS, cuz im amazed by EB's employees.

just got a call from them right now, to pick up RE5 that i pre-ordered.

just one thing, i canceled it long time ago :0

how does EB's Pre-order list work anyways? if a employee forgets to cross off your list, do you still get a call? ( if you cancel it)

igot my deposit back when i canceled btw.... i told him i canceled it and he told me to pick up my deposit.... im confuzed.

[quote name='musdy']I'm getting a conflicting reports as I heard someone say they open a new copy.[/quote]

nope. you buy the game as normal. the only difference is that if you pre-order it you can take it back for full credit. i've done it before (smackdown vs raw 2009). the only difference in the whole process is that their computers records show you preordered it.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']lawl, just wanted to share this with CAGS, cuz im amazed by EB's employees.

just got a call from them right now, to pick up RE5 that i pre-ordered.

just one thing, i canceled it long time ago :0

how does EB's Pre-order list work anyways? if a employee forgets to cross off your list, do you still get a call? ( if you cancel it)

igot my deposit back when i canceled btw.... i told him i canceled it and he told me to pick up my deposit.... im confuzed.[/quote]

Do as he says and double your money or pick up the game. You don't want to go against EB's orders!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']

igot my deposit back when i canceled btw.... i told him i canceled it and he told me to pick up my deposit.... im confuzed.[/quote]

I also got a call from my favourite EB games (should-be) manager informing me I can pick up my copy of RE5 in the morning; I was surprised since I usually never get calls that something will be in the next day.

And if you can get your deposit back (again), i don't think you have much to complain about. :p

Sorry for the n00b question, but for anyone that has Resident Evil 5 for the 360, am I correct in assuming you'd need a Gold Xbox Live account in order to play 2 player online co-op? Silver members would only be able to play single player with the computer AI?

I already have RE5 preordered from Amazon for PS3, but it's not shipping till Mar 25 [wtf], so I was debating whether or not to pick up the RE5 360 bundle instead, since I'm planning to get a 360 eventually lol.

[quote name='neksus']Yes, Gold is required for any type of online play.[/quote]

[quote name='TripleQ']FWIW RE5 comes with a 48 hour gold trial[/quote]

Thanks for the help guys :D

[quote name='slam09']Anyone know the cheapest place to get RE5? Seems like everyone has it at 69.99[/quote]

I think the cheapest now is Zellers, $59.99 [only the 360 version is advertised in their flyer, but I assume the PS3 version would be the same price].

Amazon.ca was $53.99 until a few days ago, but now they raised it.

[quote name='Dragon52']Nah I have nothing agaisnt Pokemon (except its' anime is pretty crusty). Heck I'm anticipating the release of Platnium...

I meant more so then raising virtual cats and dogs in my youth I was too busy training my electric rodents.[/quote]fair enough. the anime is pretty much trash except for Ep 08 "The Path to the Pokémon League" the greatest episode of all time in which Ash loses badly to a real trainer and the twist at the end is that he doesn't squirrel a victory at the end for whatever random reason he's been using all season. I was already a fan of Sandshrew but I could watch him smash Pikachu over and over and over again. I'm tempted to download the episode just for that purpose.

oh.. and since we've moved on from that to RE5... RE4 was better. blah blah blah. ^_^

Hey guys has anyone seen any deals lately on ds3 controllers? I'm tired of no vibration on games that I feel should have it (They know who they are).

[quote name='tymcg']Hey guys has anyone seen any deals lately on ds3 controllers? I'm tired of no vibration on games that I feel should have it (They know who they are).[/quote]

I have a few...PM me

Hey guys, how does cancelling a pre-order at EB Games work? I put down $5 for Suikoden Tierkreis, just in case they actually get the CD/digital artbook and no one else does. However, I never asked the full price....today I asked and before tax the guy said it was $45.99!!

Is it possible for me to cancel after the game comes out (to see who gets the bonus or not)? And I know I'll get refunded in credit, but I've heard people say something about it getting put on an edge card? Is that bad?

At worst, you can just transfer the credit to another preorder or to something you're buying.

Depending on the cashier and their mood, they'll probably just refund you the preorder.

getting the 5 bux put on a edge card is better if you ask me...no tax! whooot!

or else the gift card, or as the above gentleman said, transfer it to something else.

Ok, thanks guys. Hopefully they will just add the $5 to a gift card I already have, since there are no other games I want right now (except Pokemon Platinum, but I paid that off already).

How much does Pokemon Platinum cost at EB Games? I pre-ordered it but forgot to ask. Also when does it come out. March 22 or 23?

Pokemon Platinum is $39.99 at EB Games. As for when it comes out....I'm not sure. I know when Diamond and Pearl came out (April 22nd of 2007), it was on a Sunday. Platinum might be out this Sunday as well.

question for more .... knowledgeable ppl...

i finished SF4, (unlocked all characters cept seth, fuck seth)

mastered all quarter circle x2 super/ultra attacks so im basically done with the game.

i know that TIV is 40 bux, i want to sell it,

anybody think/know if EB is going to have a Trade 1 get it for 9.99 deal on any new titles?

Quick question and I'll appreciate any answer I get (except for the usual "call them"). Anyone know what the price of Star Ocean 4 is in EB Games?

Also, when calculating TIVs, does it matter if its greatest/platinum hits? Or will it still be the same price?

Alright, just to confirm, the Platinum version of Dead Rising should fetch the same amount as the regular version? Sweet...

Last time I checked, yeah either versions go for the same amount since it's probably one of the games that are likely to sell and resell. Even after all this time, it's still eligible for trade 3.

[quote name='maigoyume']Best bet is to use the $5 off accessories coupon in the blockbuster thread for the MS points.[/quote]

Yeah just saw that probably will use it but if anyone knows of anything else hit me up.

Anybody know where I can get the cheapest copy of UT3 for the ps3?
I used to own it, then I sold it.
Now there are some major updates that look amazing.
It's $5 at the Source, but none are in stock anywhere close to me.

^UT3 ps3 at ebg for 15bux used currently i think? or is that the x360 version,cant rembmer
is 49.99 the reg retail price for xbox wireless controller?

When i read this topic, i think about that sort of things http://sourceradix.com/m/mon.html
You may check that, and most likely it would change your mind. Whatever.

Why do retailers in Canada sell new release games for $69.99? it used to be $59.99 and still is in the USA.

[quote name='markj']i was just on vacation in the us and new games at gamestop were 62.50 USD[/quote]

Quick browse of ebgames.com shows games at $60.

bread's done
Back