Capcom Game sale on the PSN (last week) 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Bug42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SEH']Doesn't the PSN store update at like 7PM Eastern?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes as late as 9PM Eastern, so everyone can stop freakin out about downloading MvC2 as soon as it updates.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix looks like a tetris game. What has it to do with Street Fighting except for the two animated fighters in the middle?

[quote name='eau']Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix looks like a tetris game. What has it to do with Street Fighting except for the two animated fighters in the middle?
[/QUOTE]

I think they do damage based on your progress with the puzzles.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Damn store is half updated.....meaning prices are regular on last weeks fuck. HURRY UP PSN fuck[/QUOTE]

I actually had a dream (nightmare?) where I went to buy MvC2 on PSN and it was sold out. How silly, it's not even live. Still.

[quote name='elessar123']I actually had a dream (nightmare?) where I went to buy MvC2 on PSN and it was sold out. How silly, it's not even live. Still.[/QUOTE]

haha, I had a dream that it was 2pm on a Thursday, since average time of PSN updating is about 2:30 PST, and I had no money to buy Trine, Scariest dream since I was a kid :-({|=

Glad to see Cube is still on sale.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm still debatin on whether or not to get it, ahhh.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm actually debating on not buying it myself. I probably won't play it much, since my GF doesn't play against me on almost anything. And Age of Booty / Puzzle Fighter sounds more tempting to me now than MvC2.

[quote name='prateeko']Do the sale prices usually get matched on Amazon or not? I have PSN credit there from GoW collection[/QUOTE]

usually, yes.

Lame I'm not seeing Super Street Fighter 2 HD remix on sale. I got marvel vs capcom 2 the day it came out cause I had never played it.
Don't forget to download the marvel vs capcom 2 soundtrack for free. I like all the songs but 1 or 2 of them.

[quote name='Neo-Nut']Lame I'm not seeing Super Street Fighter 2 HD remix on sale. I got marvel vs capcom 2 the day it came out cause I had never played it.[/QUOTE]

Next week.

I have Puzzle Fighter for ps one, pc, psp and soon ps3. I have never gotten tired of the game and it's still one of my favorite puzzle games to play.

Wss planning on picking up the fight stick TE and this game a week ago. This week is even better to do so. Sold.

I couldn't resist. Even with all the Bugs/Glitches, I picked up MVC2 for PSN. I love my DC version but for $7.49, can't really say no.

I will probably be in for MvC 2 and Age of Booty. Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to remember to buy them at the right times :p

[quote name='MSI Magus']Sale still not up.....[/QUOTE]

lolwut? It was up yesterday at like 6PM. You do realize this week is only MvC2 right, and not all those games?

[quote name='SEH']lolwut? It was up yesterday at like 6PM. You do realize this week is only MvC2 right, and not all those games?[/QUOTE]

Ah, see that I did not realize. I thought all the games were on sale at once.

Email Amazon.com asking for a price match. I did that just now...

I have $20 Amazon's psn credit that expires at the end of march. Grrr, I should have gotten the deal at bestbuy instead of amazon, where I got uncharted with psn credit.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Does anyone know if Amazon ships you or instantly emails you the code if I were to buy a PSN card from them?[/QUOTE]

I ordered from them before and it was emailed to me.

You don't even have to wait that long. They show you the code as soon as it's processed onscreen. They do email and a copy is in your digital library thing.

Amazon still hasn't matched the sale yet. Bummer.

Eh, I misread Interstella 5555's post and thought it was about the PSN game codes. Besides, Amazon doesn't sell the PSN cards (as of now) so you can't buy them direct from there anyways.

[quote name='Byakurai']Holding out for 1942, unsure about age of booty[/QUOTE]

I played this on XBLA and really liked it. Once I beat all of the levels and challenges I wasn't terribly compelled to go back to it but if you can find people to play online with then you can get way more out of it. I'd say with the sale price, grab it.

Bought MvC2 off of PSN last night, thanks OP! I'm tempted to get Megaman 9 and Bionic Commando ReArmed, but will probably wait for a sale if it ever comes. I hope Capcom puts them onto the DS, that would be awesome.

Great thanks for the responses, I guess it's a good time to order a card, what with all the sales and new DLC coming out.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I ordered from them before and it was emailed to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hibiwa']You don't even have to wait that long. They show you the code as soon as it's processed onscreen. They do email and a copy is in your digital library thing.

Amazon still hasn't matched the sale yet. Bummer. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Great thanks for the responses, I guess it's a good time to order a card, what with all the sales and new DLC coming out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any confusion caused, but I thought you meant the game codes. Amazon doesn't currently sell the Playstation Network cards. I'm not sure how that is handled. I can say the Wii points cards are actual physical cards that are sent.

Bought this game today and it is pretty fun. I consider this game a great deal because if you wanted to play this on the ps2, it would be 30$ or more at other sites. In the arcades, it would be a dollar to play which you probably would have spend 7 dollars playing because of how fun it is.

I'm getting a bit confused. MvC2 is still not price matched on Amazon but for some reason it has been consistently on top 5 bestsellers (often top 3) ever since Thursday. Do some people price match after or what?

MvC 2 was never on the top 5 (top 10 for that matter) previously so obviously only people who knows about the sale are buying.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']puzzle fighter gets old, quick, and hardly anyone actually plays that online. Age of booty is really the best game on that list tbh[/quote]

blasphemer!

[quote name='AznTakumi']Bought this game today and it is pretty fun. I consider this game a great deal because if you wanted to play this on the ps2, it would be 30$ or more at other sites. In the arcades, it would be a dollar to play which you probably would have spend 7 dollars playing because of how fun it is.[/QUOTE]

A dollar?! No way! 50 cents a play, tops.

[quote name='anathema728']don't buy mvc2 if you're just starting to learn the game, it's more than just gameplay mechanics to learn, it's all the little nuances, and trust me they add up
save up that money and buy tvc

and don't buy sf2hdr if you have sf4 already, there's not much of a reason to play hdr unless you find sf4 to be too slow/defensive[/QUOTE]
thanks I probably won't buy it then, but still had a few more questions.

Is MvC2 good for casual fighting?
Basically I'm never going to take the time to master any complicated moves or characters, but will I still have fun w/ the game, or is it highly technical? Also I'll have guests over and it would probably be best if they could easily pick it up w/ only having limited fighting game experience.

Is TvC going to be a night and day difference?
Basically I won't be buying TvC day 1, and probably wait until it's on sale for 8 bucks which might take a few years.

bread's done
Back