Capcom Game sale on the PSN (last week) 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Bug42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it should be good for having friends over. I think the warning was that the online players are very seasoned. MvC2 was where they really tried to simplify things. Fewer punch/kick buttons, and they introduced the "Easy mode" where you don't have to work the D-pad to do special moves.

[quote name='jrhawk42']thanks I probably won't buy it then, but still had a few more questions.

Is MvC2 good for casual fighting?
Basically I'm never going to take the time to master any complicated moves or characters, but will I still have fun w/ the game, or is it highly technical? Also I'll have guests over and it would probably be best if they could easily pick it up w/ only having limited fighting game experience.

Is TvC going to be a night and day difference?
Basically I won't be buying TvC day 1, and probably wait until it's on sale for 8 bucks which might take a few years.[/QUOTE]

If your going to play online I say meh for MvsC as a casual fighting game. However if your going to play with a bunch of friends and none of you ever delve deep into the game to learn all the combos and moves then yes buy it. This is the perfect game to sit around playing with a bunch of button mashing friends. I had my little brother over for the weekend and the two of us had a blast since the game had so many characters and over the top moves.

[quote name='barom']I'm getting a bit confused. MvC2 is still not price matched on Amazon but for some reason it has been consistently on top 5 bestsellers (often top 3) ever since Thursday. Do some people price match after or what?

MvC 2 was never on the top 5 (top 10 for that matter) previously so obviously only people who knows about the sale are buying.[/QUOTE]

That may be why they're not price matching it if people are willing to buy it for full price, unless Amazon is pulling the stats from the PSN?

Anyways, I did my part, hassling Amazon about the price match. Whoever hasn't done it yet, should email them asking for a price match.

if i can just buy it from the PSN, I'm not sure why I would be motivated to get amazon to sell it to me for the same price I can already buy it for.

No pay off really. I guess you wanted points or whatever the hell they give you. I just can't be bothered

Some are trying to use up their Amazon gaming credits, while others prefer to go tax-free.

They usually match the PSN sales, so it's a little odd that they've decided not to follow through with past actions. There's about 2 days left before the new game sale so it is pointless now. They must not make anything off DLC.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Some are trying to use up their Amazon gaming credits, while others prefer to go tax-free.

They usually match the PSN sales, so it's a little odd that they've decided not to follow through with past actions. There's about 2 days left before the new game sale so it is pointless now. They must not make anything off DLC.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Last sale I was waiting for them to PM Zen Pinball and Gravity Crash but NOOOO.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Yes, it should be good for having friends over. I think the warning was that the online players are very seasoned. MvC2 was where they really tried to simplify things. Fewer punch/kick buttons, and they introduced the "Easy mode" where you don't have to work the D-pad to do special moves.[/QUOTE]
"easy mode" why didn't anybody mention this before... I guess I could of played the demo (I tend to forget about the demo).

anyway "easy mode" was one of my favorite things about blazblue. I've always had trouble consistently pulling off anything more complicated than a hadouken.

Last chance for Marvel vs Capcom 2 today, but I dunno if I should buy or not.

I grabbed the demo last night, and while the pixelated characters and terrible music lend a retro atmosphere, something about it felt clunky that I wasn't expecting. It's certainly cheap enough at $7.49. Tick...tick...tick...

[quote name='Hibiwa']Last chance for Marvel vs Capcom 2 today, but I dunno if I should buy or not.

I grabbed the demo last night, and while the pixelated characters and terrible music lend a retro atmosphere, something about it felt clunky that I wasn't expecting. It's certainly cheap enough at $7.49. Tick...tick...tick...[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge fan of 2D fighters, but it isn't a bad one to start with. Certainly much less complicated than Arcana Heart, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear.

True. I do like fighters, and this would let me fight with X-Men characters I grew up watching. Don't really care for the SF roster. I'll play the demo some more, and will probably buy it since the 1/2 off price helps sweeten the decision.

Thanks for the push. Didn't take much.:rofl:

Though the game feels a little more dated than I was expecting, MvsC2 is still a fun game and a great buy. Thanks, OP!

probably a stupid question, but here goes. other than amazon, is there any way to buy these games on sale without a ps3? it seems strange that i can't go on the PS store website and buy a code.

Hmm, I actually still have one of the retail boxed copies, sealed, for the PS3 that Gamestop had a limited run of. I just never got around to opening it (that's how huge my backlog is), and now I'm wondering if I should just buy it today on PSN and keep the boxed copy for collector's value. Anyone know if it has much?

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Hmm, I actually still have one of the retail boxed copies, sealed, for the PS3 that Gamestop had a limited run of. I just never got around to opening it (that's how huge my backlog is), and now I'm wondering if I should just buy it today on PSN and keep the boxed copy for collector's value. Anyone know if it has much?[/QUOTE]

http://catalog.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-C...efkw=marvel+vs+capcom+2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m271

Kind of hard to tell from that those since they are all inflated 'Buy it Now' options. I would just go ahead and buy it on PSN and save the box. It could have value as more time goes on. Depends on how many are out there floating in the wild I guess.

[quote name='Wompdevil']http://catalog.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-C...efkw=marvel+vs+capcom+2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m271

Kind of hard to tell from that those since they are all inflated 'Buy it Now' options. I would just go ahead and buy it on PSN and save the box. It could have value as more time goes on. Depends on how many are out there floating in the wild I guess.[/QUOTE]

One actually sold for $90: http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Vs-Capco...temQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item35a5eef0f2

If only I was psychic. I remember seeing tons of these in stores when it first came out.

^^just the code on a card, a manual, and some paper inserts (for like comics I think), and FML for opening my $15 box..I remember that debacle, fun times, seemed like a reward getting to open it. Should have figured I could keep it sealed and DL it when it when on sale...I think I only played it once too, i'm horrible at it :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']^^just the code on a card, a manual, and some paper inserts (for like comics I think), and FML for opening my $15 box..I remember that debacle, fun times, seemed like a reward getting to open it. Should have figured I could keep it sealed and DL it when it when on sale...I think I only played it once too, i'm horrible at it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yours came with a manual?

MvC2's main pull is sheer nostalgia value and great character selection. I bought it on this sale and have put more hours into it than I expected to. I also love the jazz music in it for whatever reason.

"Oh MAN! I almost had a heart attack there!" Hahah... it's a dose of good early high school memories for $7.50. Well worth it.

It also helps to have an appreciation for some of the more obscure Capcom characters in it like Strider Hiryu and the Servbot.

buy the game, it's worth the $7.49 and it's a no brainer. 1 of the best fighting games to date and there is a huge roster to choice from. everything from marvel to street fighter plus online play is a bonus.

SON

OF

A

BITCH...

Right before I went out to GS to pick up a PSN card, MvC was still $7.49...I get home & it's $14.99!!! :bomb:

I knew that it was only till today, but I figured it would be that price until midnight considering it was still $7.49 as of earlier. Now I have to figure out if I still want to pay $14.99 for it, or get SF2 Turbo Remix for $7.49.

:wall:

[quote name='MSI Magus']So with MvC2 down whats the current deal? And anyone know when Puzzle Fighter starts?[/QUOTE]

SF2 Turbo HD Remix.

I'm not sure about Puzzle Fighter. I do love the demo...I play it quite often.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So with MvC2 down whats the current deal? And anyone know when Puzzle Fighter starts?[/QUOTE]

That info isn't in the first post or anything :whistle2:k

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']well amazon is selling ssf2 for the 7.49[/QUOTE]
Wow. Amazon matched this one while they didn't match MvC2.

As for the MvC2 retail copy from GS, only a game code and some code for comic subscription (I think). No manual.

Second week in a row, and the patch is the full game all over again. Why do I need to download 300MB of game when the 1.10 patch is the exact same size? Why can't I just download the fully updated game in the first place? Argh!

I guess i'm going to get Street Fighter. I'd rather have retail, and I'd rather have an Alpha game, but $5 for one of a very small number of games I'd play online sounds kind of cool (if I can still play it...)

I wouldn't mind seeing how I'd do in ranked matches, and $5 sounds especially good when you consider that includes free online (and the system has a functioning D-pad).

Hmm...wonder if it has trophies and ranked matches. Probably.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Second week in a row, and the patch is the full game all over again. Why do I need to download 300MB of game when the 1.10 patch is the exact same size? Why can't I just download the fully updated game in the first place? Argh![/QUOTE]
This irked me to no end.

After playing for 30 mins, I realized how much I need and arcade stick.

Wait...you download a complete game, and then download the complete, fixed game? That's...kind of hilarious :whistle2:D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Wait...you download a complete game, and then download the complete, fixed game? That's...kind of hilarious :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

That's how PSN games all are, unfortunately. I'm guessing it's to make their record keeping easier, but of course, it's a big waste of time and resources.

Still waiting for 1942.. Thats going to be SWEET!!! Does anyone here already have it? On a scale of 1-10 what do you think it gets?

I loved the old top-down shooters and side shooters. That genre is so overlooked these days.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Second week in a row, and the patch is the full game all over again. Why do I need to download 300MB of game when the 1.10 patch is the exact same size? Why can't I just download the fully updated game in the first place? Argh![/QUOTE]

The games on the PSN network are always the same release game. If there are any updates applied to a game after release those will always need to be updated post-download. It works the same way on XBL too.

It does? I don't understand why they wouldn't just replace the original game with the updated one. Saves them bandwidth and us aggravation.

[quote name='exceed19']Still waiting for 1942.. Thats going to be SWEET!!! Does anyone here already have it? On a scale of 1-10 what do you think it gets?

I loved the old top-down shooters and side shooters. That genre is so overlooked these days.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I spent many afternoons playing these scrollers at the arcades. 1942 was always my fave even compared to the Raiden series.

[quote name='ck76']5 dollars for Puzzle Fighter seems fair to me, check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...can't wait for this one as well.

Overall, 4 great classic games for $25+tax is well worth it.

[quote name='exceed19']Still waiting for 1942.. Thats going to be SWEET!!! Does anyone here already have it? On a scale of 1-10 what do you think it gets?

I loved the old top-down shooters and side shooters. That genre is so overlooked these days.[/QUOTE]

very good game man, I got it full price, well worth it :) :applause:

[quote name='ssjmichael']hmm, is SSFIITHDR worth getting?[/QUOTE]
I'm holding out for SF Alpha 3, whenever they decide to release that psone classic.

The Alpha series is awesome. I wish they'd done 2 or 3 instead of Super Street Fighter as the release with online gameplay....

bread's done
Back