Capcom Gamers' Day - STREET FIGHTER 4

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2007101714511031010&releaseId=20060321132945404017

Street Fighter 4
Development has just begun and the release of the game is more than a year away. No platforms are yet confirmed - a highly stylised animated concept trailer of Ryu and Ken fighting was shown, but no game footage.​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBSYwNiZdwo[/media]

Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
A new character and new series starring a rookie lawyer. Phoenix Wright makes an appearance but is not the lead character. Made specifically for DS.​

Lost Planet (PS3)
Avaialable early next year and will include all bonus characters from the PC version and extra downloadable content from the 360 version making it the complete package. Made possible with Blu-ray. 16 player online over the PSN.​

Dark Void
A new sci-fi action-adventure IP. Trailer showed third-person and air-vehicle gameplay with a character wearing a steam punk jetpack, skydiving and landing in the cockpit of a gyroscopic aircraft, and then jumping and climbing through airbase fortesses.​

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (Xbox Live Arcade)
The game will feature a spectator mode and is scheduled for a 2008 while the team try and get zero lag for the online mode. Also features stat tracking and widescreen. Original music from Street Fighter 2 will be used, plus remixed versions of all those tunes.​

spacer.gif
SFA3%20Max%20screenshot%20(6)--screenshot_large.jpg

Wii Love Golf
From the Everybody's Golf team comes a cutesy golf sim, that looks slightly more technical than the PlayStation versions. Players can fade or draw the ball by twisting the Wii-mote when taking a swing.
We'll have more from our man in London later.​

Lets be more like 3rd Strike, and less like SF2, ok?
Honestly, while I like the SF characters, SF is still kind of down there on my favourite fighters list.
BUT its still HUGE news.

I, Too, Will Ejaculate With Glee In This Thread

It's Street Fighter Four Bitches!!!

edit: and it's awesome how it automatically pwns my caps!

Not getting excited till I hear details. Too many things can go wrong....

fuck the details.. we already know this shit is gonna suck until it's third incarnation, but oh well

street fighter iv is finally in sight.. praise white jesus!

[quote name='kristianator']fuck the details.. we already know this shit is gonna suck until it's third incarnation, but oh well

street fighter iv is finally in sight.. praise white jesus![/QUOTE]

if it's developed by Capcom USA, it's going to suck no matter how many incarnations it gets :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']if it's developed by Capcom USA, it's going to suck no matter how many incarnations it gets :lol:[/quote]
I was a little worried about this too. Didn't Capcom USA get all rights to the SF franchise?

Although they seem to be doing well with the SFII HD remake, so who knows.

[quote name='LiK']i just hope it's not 3D or else i'll puke[/quote]

So true but I doubt it would be. That's what SFEX is for!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's interesting that they decided to only bring Lost Planet to the PS3.[/quote]Yeah, where the hell is Dead Rising 2.

[quote name='evilmax17']I was a little worried about this too. Didn't Capcom USA get all rights to the SF franchise?

Although they seem to be doing well with the SFII HD remake, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

but they're really just adding new graphics to the original engine of the game, then fine tuning it, so 99% of the work was already done for SFIIHD.

[quote name='Apossum']if it's developed by Capcom USA, it's going to suck no matter how many incarnations it gets :lol:[/QUOTE]no,...

there are many top players in the US who will be field testing this shyt.

furthermore, David Sirlin will probably have a major hand in the development of the game.

trust, no matter where the game is made the developers will kno what they are doing.

as far as the game not becoming too great until a few revisions are made, I can agree with that, but all waiting for tweaks will do for us is make us better at the game until the final revision is out which we'll be playing competitively for years.

3rd strike has been out for 8 years now, shyt STILL makes HELLA money.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']No SSFIITHD till next year? Weak.[/QUOTE]

word. hella used to this though with the street fighter comic, haha.

Street Fighter 2 and Ace Attorney 4 are awesome news, but I was sorta hoping for Mega Man Legends 3 with the Lost Planet engine.. come on, capcom!

[quote name='jer7583']Street Fighter 2 and Ace Attorney 4 are awesome news, but I was sorta hoping for Mega Man Legends 3 with the Lost Planet engine.. come on, capcom![/QUOTE]

wow, for once the tables have turned

EAT THAT MEGAMAN FANS

[quote name='JEKKI']no,...

furthermore, David Sirlin will probably have a major hand in the development of the game.

trust, no matter where the game is made the developers will kno what they are doing.

as far as the game not becoming too great until a few revisions are made, I can agree with that, but all waiting for tweaks will do for us is make us better at the game until the final revision is out which we'll be playing competitively for years.

3rd strike has been out for 8 years now, shyt STILL makes HELLA money.[/QUOTE]

A competition-worthy, 3rd Strike-surpassing sequel would be a freaking miracle for US-developed fighting games. like divine intervention style.

it could happen, but I think it'll take more than David Sirlin to make a worthy successor to third strike.

wow, for once the tables have turned

EAT THAT MEGAMAN FANS

That was the true megaton: NO fuckING MEGA MAN ANNOUNCEMENT, for once.

[quote name='Apossum']That was the true megaton: NO fuckING MEGA MAN ANNOUNCEMENT, for once.[/quote]
All five versions of Mega Man Battle Network 17 needs no announcement.

[quote name='dallow']Yay for next gen 2D fighters!

Can't wait to see this.[/quote]

I 2nd that, and also the fact that the PS3 will get Lost Planet. :)

[quote name='JEKKI']no,...

[/QUOTE]

That's my guess. Even if the original development team is gone, SF has a following of people who not only know what makes a fighter hella balanced, but who also (presumably) know shit about game design. I'm not too worried, but I hope they do something new while still keeping the game SF.

The excite-tu-ment of the SF4 announcement has totally made me blocked off the feeling of disapointment of SSF2 HD being delayed. If it's to get zero lag or as little as possible, that's cool though.

I hope that rumored remixed mode (like in Puzzle Fighter HD) makes it way into the game.

Street Fighter IV - AWESOME!!!!

No Street Fighter DS = BOO!

I hope they give us 4 in 2D and completely make it the most incredible 2D shit we have ever seen.

[quote name='jkam']Street Fighter IV - AWESOME!!!!

No Street Fighter DS = BOO![/QUOTE]

get the gba super turbo one.. it's still sexy!

[quote name='kristianator']get the gba super turbo one.. it's still sexy![/QUOTE]

I have it...its not Wi-Fi though which would be much better.

The lack of Megaman news saddens me.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm fucking tired of X, Zero, XZ, Battle Network and every other title that claims to be Megaman and has NOTHING to do with the damn original series. I mean, seriously. I look at all the current games and I can't even recognize the blue bomber anymore.

WHERE'S MY MEGAMAN 9?!

[quote name='Apossum']
That was the true megaton: NO fuckING MEGA MAN ANNOUNCEMENT, for once.[/QUOTE]

You know that they still need to complete the original Mega Man storyline though, right? Mega Man & Bass wasn't a true original MM series game so after 8, they never finished it. They need to finish the epic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's interesting that they decided to only bring Lost Planet to the PS3.[/QUOTE]

$30 and I may be interested.

$60 and it's going to be the same self-fulfilling prophecy of publishers putting out $20 xbox/ps2 games on the Wii, selling them for $50, and lamenting that they aren't being bought up.

[quote name='Chacrana']You know that they still need to complete the original Mega Man storyline though, right? Mega Man & Bass wasn't a true original MM series game so after 8, they never finished it. They need to finish the epic.[/QUOTE]

They need to euthanize mega man.

the faces in the trailer reminded me of this:

Tiger-StreetFighter2.jpg

SFIV: Sucks until proven awesome.

[quote name='mykevermin']$30 and I may be interested.

$60 and it's going to be the same self-fulfilling prophecy of publishers putting out $20 xbox/ps2 games on the Wii, selling them for $50, and lamenting that they aren't being bought up.[/quote]Capcom did bring RE4Wii out at 29.99.

However this is the PS3...
Budget games? Hahaha.

News like this is like finding out you're going to have a baby. Lots of good stuff coming from Capcom.

That trailer video of SFIV reminds me of Okami.

bread's done
Back