Captain America: The First Avenger - Out Now! Stick Around After The Credits!

I'm mixed on it. His head definitely looks off and too bare without the wings. Maybe with a bigger A and painted on wings it wouldn't look so weird. I like what they did with the straps. The upper body armored look works for me but the legs are overkill.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']He's always been pretty buff...after FF he just got bigger. He looks the part IMO.[/QUOTE]

Problem is he cant act worth a shit, he never has. No matter what part he plays he always has that look on his face like ben affleck of like he is thinking "Yeah, thats right. Your watching me and I bet you wish you were me".

Not to mention I dont think he can sound like cap should. Cap is a leader, he has authority to him, he has a huge amount of self condifdence, he has a great way of instilling confidence in others naturally and cap is the kind of guy that walks in and doesnt have to speak a word and everyone knows he is not the man to fuck with. I dont think that kid can pull any of that off. Captain america should be played by someone more than just looks the part.

So far just by visuals I have serious doubts about it and the thor movie. I just really hope they can prove me wrong.

Since we don't have a thread for Avengers yet, I'll post this here. Avengers and Iron Man 3, will be distributed by Disney.

Under terms of the new deal, Disney will pay Paramount $115 million for the transfer of the distribution rights to Iron Man 3 and The Avengers to be paid on the theatrical release dates. These monies will serve as a minimum guarantee against the distribution fees.

"In completing this agreement, Disney will now assume worldwide marketing and distribution of 'The Avengers' and 'Iron Man 3' and leverage these two highly-anticipated films across the multiple global platforms of The Walt Disney Company," said Rich Ross, Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios. "We appreciate the tremendous momentum that Paramount established with these iconic Marvel characters and look forward to propelling the brand even further in the coming years."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/109081-disney-to-distribute-the-avengers-and-iron-man-3

Just shocked that it took them this long, but I understand that contracts are in place.

-----

Also, Iron Man 3 scheduled for 5/3/2013!

Can they hurry up and get X-Men/Fantastic Four away from Fox and Spider-Man away from Sony so we can have a single universe? (and maybe some actual continuity to the X-Men franchise. The teenage Emma Frost in 1979 in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and yet late 20's/early 30's version fifteen years earlier in X-Men: First Class is driving me nuts )

So who's actor do you want to play the part of the upcoming Captain America Movie in 2011? I could see someone like Matt Damon to be Captain America. Chris Evans looks like a wrestler here. Just imagine a guy in blue tights kicking taliban's . . . . with a shield? Just not the same without the communist enemy of years past.

ewcaptainamerica.jpg

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/28/captain-america-chris-evans-2/

Looks good to me.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Can they hurry up and get X-Men/Fantastic Four away from Fox and Spider-Man away from Sony so we can have a single universe? (and maybe some actual continuity to the X-Men franchise. The teenage Emma Frost in 1979 in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and yet late 20's/early 30's version fifteen years earlier in X-Men: First Class is driving me nuts )[/QUOTE]

It could of been worse:

"When Bryan Singer was still slated to direct the third installment of the X-Men film series the role of Emma Frost was intended for Sigourney Weaver. After Singer left the project in favor of making Superman Returns, the character was dropped completely."

:shock:

Problem with this I think is that cap should be big , at least by normal standards. He should at least be body builder big, Chris Evans is never gonna look like that without some serious CGI.

[quote name='Clak']Problem with this I think is that cap should be big , at least by normal standards. He should at least be body builder big, Chris Evans is never gonna look like that without some serious CGI.[/QUOTE]

He's pretty buff in those pics from October; beyond that, you get to the Arnold problem: he was SO big, they had problems choreographing him in Conan -- he just couldn't move well. Cap is strong, sure, but he's a world-class athlete and gymnast; he needs to be agile, and some 'roided-up wrestler ain't gonna cut it.

Well that's kind of the point, being a super solider he's stronger, faster, and more agile than a normal person. Evans looks to be in good shape, but not more than someone could with a personal trainer.

As long as the story is good I guess it will be ok, still don't think he looks right. I mean they could have used someone bigger and used CGI in scenes if he's to be flipping around or something, which I kind of doubt anyway.

[quote name='joey791']Definitely could have done a better job on the mask.

Will Bucky be in the movie?[/QUOTE]

Slightly changed, but yes. Played by Sebastian Stan, this is from SuperHeroHype:

Director Joe Johnston says that Stan's performance will offer a "dark side" to Barnes.

"We took some liberties with the relationship between the two guys,” Johnston is quoted as saying, “In our story, Bucky is already in the service, he’s already joined up and is being sent overseas while Steve is still struggling to get in the army. That’s different than what you may have read in the comics. It adds a nuance to the relationship that pays off later. They’re closer in age, too — they’re virtually the same age.”

bucky04.jpg

I'm thinking this may be one of the worse of the recent marvel movies. I just don't think he looks right, even the mask is off. It looks cheap, like a Halloween mask.

[quote name='Clak']I'm thinking this may be one of the worse of the recent marvel movies. I just don't think he looks right, even the mask is off. It looks cheap, like a Halloween mask.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, you shit on this movie, you shit on Transformers 3. You're a real Debbie-downer aren't you?

Hmm... good trailer. I like how they are going to tie everything together that will lead to the avengers movie. So I am guessing at the end of the movie, he gets frozen for decades until the hulk frees him like in that deleted scene from TIH. Since it was never part of the main movie, I guess it isn't cannon?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Jeez, you shit on this movie, you shit on Transformers 3. You're a real Debbie-downer aren't you?[/QUOTE]
...Thor looks cool....:lol:

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm... good trailer. I like how they are going to tie everything together that will lead to the avengers movie. So I am guessing at the end of the movie, he gets frozen for decades until the hulk frees him like in that deleted scene from TIH. Since it was never part of the main movie, I guess it isn't cannon?[/QUOTE]

Was it a deleted scene? I could have sworn it was part of the movie.

Nah they didn't use it, I think it's a deleted scene on the DVD.

I do like one thing, they worked in his original badge shaped shield it seems, as thats what it looked like in the old comics, before the round one everyone knows.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Jeez, you shit on this movie, you shit on Transformers 3. You're a real Debbie-downer aren't you?[/QUOTE]

Transformers 2 was a load of garbage, anyone with half a brain will expect 3 to suck just as much.

I really liked the Captain America trailer, especially the first glimpse of the Red Skull. He looks good, I like that his face isn't super detailed or anything. I'm really looking forward to this movie, Thor on the other hand I'm not.

[quote name='tcrash247']Transformers 2 was a load of garbage, anyone with half a brain will expect 3 to suck just as much.

I really liked the Captain America trailer, especially the first glimpse of the Red Skull. He looks good, I like that his face isn't super detailed or anything. I'm really looking forward to this movie, Thor on the other hand I'm not.[/QUOTE]

Naw, it goes like this with trilogies. Either the 1st and 3rd are good and the 2nd one sucks (Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones) or the 2nd one is the best, the 1st isn't too bad, and the 3rd one is the worst (Godfather, Star Wars, Aliens, Terminator, Spider-man, X-Men). Then again, there is the trilogy of each one is better than the previous one (Bourne, Lord of the Rings, Either way since Transformers 2 was so bad, its obvious they're following the first pattern and the 3rd one has to be good.

You liked Pirates 3? That was easily the worst in the series, I almost walked out of that one and I rarely ever consider walking out of a movie.

EDIT: This is getting off topic. :oops:

-------------------

Thor gives off a weird vibe...not saying that I won't be seeing it, but its style just doesn't seem to fit in with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and from what we've seen in this awesome Capt. America trailer.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You liked Pirates 3? That was easily the worst in the series, I almost walked out of that one and I rarely ever consider walking out of a movie.

EDIT: This is getting off topic. :oops:

-------------------

Thor gives off a weird vibe...not saying that I won't be seeing it, but its style just doesn't seem to fit in with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and from what we've seen in this awesome Capt. America trailer.[/QUOTE]

Well like is a relative term. Did I like it more than 2? Definitely. Did I like it even enough to even consider watching it again? Nope.

[quote name='tcrash247']Transformers 2 was a load of garbage, anyone with half a brain will expect 3 to suck just as much.

I really liked the Captain America trailer, especially the first glimpse of the Red Skull. He looks good, I like that his face isn't super detailed or anything. I'm really looking forward to this movie, Thor on the other hand I'm not.[/QUOTE]

I second everything except that last part.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Naw, it goes like this with trilogies. Either the 1st and 3rd are good and the 2nd one sucks (Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones) or the 2nd one is the best, the 1st isn't too bad, and the 3rd one is the worst (Godfather, Star Wars, Aliens, Terminator, Spider-man, X-Men). Then again, there is the trilogy of each one is better than the previous one (Bourne, Lord of the Rings, Either way since Transformers 2 was so bad, its obvious they're following the first pattern and the 3rd one has to be good.[/QUOTE]

where does the 4th Indiana Jones fit in then?

Does that mean the 4th Pirates is going to have such a horrible ending that you wish the whole series had never existed?

or is the 3rd Transformers going to be like the Highlander series and follow up a movie that should have never existed with a box office failure and then languish in a cheesy live action television series starring Kevin Sorbo? (ok I know Kevin Sorbo didn't star in the Highlander series... but would be funny)

bread's done
Back