Captain America: The First Avenger - Out Now! Stick Around After The Credits!

No shit he will return in the avengers. Every marvel nerd knows that by now. Damn it i really would have to liked to have seen that deleted scene from tih where hulk accidentally frees CA. It would have been perfect.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']What!?

:hot::hot::hot:

Unbelievable!

He's hated every other comicbook movie this year!

In fact, the only comicbook movie he's given a positive 3 stars are:

- Iron Man
- The Dark Knight

- Spider-Man 2

And now...

- Captain America

P.S.

**** Remember to STAY AFTER THE CREDITS ****[/QUOTE]

It's probably because it's about America

Roger Ebert is a true American. Respect.

[quote name='ITDEFX']No shit he will return in the avengers. Every marvel nerd knows that by now. Damn it i really would have to liked to have seen that deleted scene from tih where hulk accidentally frees CA. It would have been perfect.[/QUOTE]

Why would they delete that!?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']What!?

:hot::hot::hot:

Unbelievable!

He's hated every other comicbook movie this year!

In fact, the only comicbook movie he's given a positive 3 stars are:

- Iron Man
- The Dark Knight

- Spider-Man 2

And now...

- Captain America

P.S.

**** Remember to STAY AFTER THE CREDITS ****[/QUOTE]

He gave The Dark Knight and Spider Man 2 four stars, actually, as well as Batman Begins, Superman and Superman 2. X-Men 2, Iron Man 2, Daredevil and Hulk got three stars as well. Blade got 3 stars, and Blade 2 got 3 1/2 stars.

I'm sure there's more, but I'd say he's more positive to comic-book movies than most.

the search look good. Well,where can i buy squinkies, to say the Japanese version of the golden cat, we all know you, but in each version, the golden cat is also the most expensive. Now the domestic cat fake gold paste has emerged, and some simply piracy,figuras de ação, also labeled as genuine gold cat logo to sell, and some factory goods, or Hong Kong and Taiwan version of the mainland version, and to earn between Golden Cat difference, but also tear up the original black heart stickers business, put on fake gold cat stickers sold at high prices. . . . So, how to differentiate genuine gold cat paste it? A simple way to gold cat stickers torn corner, you can see stickers on the back of a cat with a plastic part, if it is genuine gold cat,NECA Colecionáveis

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']Why would they delete that!?[/QUOTE]

Very good question.. It would make sense for the Hulk to find CA.

Saw it last night, good and entertaining movie!

2nd best Marvel Studios film behind Iron Man (2008) imho... although my 2 other friends liked Captain America better.

Deadline.com is reporting (thanks to CBM) that Captain America took $4 million from last night's midnight opener (biggest 2011 midnight opener for a comic book film):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=42569

Captain America: The First Avenger opened at $4 Million dollars for its midnight showings.

That's better than midnights for this summer's other original superhero movies like Thor and Green Lantern as well as prequel/reboot X-Men: First Class, which all did between $3.25M and $3.5M in Friday midnights. Stay tuned for more.
P.S.

Saw it last night, and it's the second best Marvel Studios film after Iron Man (2008)... although my 2 buddies liked Captain America better.

I take my earlier comments back from last month. I am now actually, and anxiously waiting to see this movie.

My friends were trying to get me to see it last night but I was too tired. They came back and said they loved it, and we got pretty similar tastes.

Going to see it after I pick up the honey!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']What if I didn't like Iron Man much? Will I like this?[/QUOTE]

Hah...and I thought I was the only one who didn't like Iron Man.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']What if I didn't like Iron Man much? Will I like this?[/QUOTE]

Every Marvel movie is different. I honestly didn't think Thor was that great either.

This is a really different kind of comic book movie. It almost had an Indiana Jones adventure movie vibe. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad they didn't screw it up.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This is a really different kind of comic book movie. It almost had an Indiana Jones adventure movie vibe. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad they didn't screw it up.[/QUOTE]
Captain America's director, Joe Johnston was the Art Director for Indiana Jones.

Wow, this was fantastic. Better than Iron Man I'd say. It's funny, you'd think the Hulk would be the easiest Avenger to make a good solo movie out of and they can't even do it.

My girlfriend and I went to a sold out showing last night, we both really loved it. Red Skull's look was super badass.

Also: after credits screen sent my little fanboy heart racing.

samtheeaglecaptainamerica.jpg

[quote name='Clak']So, anyone else wonder if we could see Winter Soldier turn up in Avengers possibly.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt, that if he ever does turn up again, that it would be in an Avengers film. I can see him maybe being part of Captain America 2, but I would much rather see Zemo than him. Then again, you never now, the whole amazing Winter Soldier arc is pretty recent. It has potential to translate to the silver screen pretty well.

Ok just came back from the 2-d showing....

It was actually pretty good...better than Thor....

a few concerns/questions/observation

-Could one of the black guys who got saved from the factor by CA actually be Nick Fury's father?

-How old was Howard Stark in that movie? He looked to be in his 30's or 40's... Kinda of a head scratcher for him to be in this movie at that age. If Tony Stark is in his 30's in 2008...then what Howard's wife was like 30 something and Howard was like 60 when Tony was born? eeek...

-Anyone pick up on that sound when those energy guns were about to fire? Sounded like the sounds when ever Iron Man fired his palm weapons.

-So Odin zapped Red Skull back to Asgaurd?

-I can *kinda* see where Captain America 2 can take place..but it's really not necessary.

[quote name='GhostShark']I highly doubt, that if he ever does turn up again, that it would be in an Avengers film. I can see him maybe being part of Captain America 2, but I would much rather see Zemo than him. Then again, you never now, the whole amazing Winter Soldier arc is pretty recent. It has potential to translate to the silver screen pretty well.[/QUOTE]
Just thinking, because we never really saw him die in the fall.

Also, I'm wondering if old Howard didn't borrow some of the tech seen in CA to build the first arc reactor.

I thought this was a very good movie. On par with the original Iron Man. Plus my girlfriend really enjoyed it as well.

Ironically it was the "soft and touchy" moments that they really nailed. Chris Evans portrayed Captain America as a really likeable character and the love story aspect didn't feel pushed. It felt natural up until the very end. The action and fight scenes (though already very good) could have been improved a bit to really push this movie over the top. In this day and age of Matrix-like style, I think they could have done more to make Captain America's fighting look incredible rather than a simple swing of a fist and the enemy flying back 15 feet.

I loved the movie, cept for some parts that have been addressed by a lot of reviews I've read.

I don't think the action/fight scenes were bad, but that montage of fighting/CA's crew antics could've been extended. Extended, as in drawn out battles or CA training... cause his fighting skills kinda come out of nowhere.

My biggest problem is the ending, or lack thereof. The ending for me was abrupt and meaningless to the movie. It served more as a teaser of the Avengers... blah.

The movie was ok, but one thing that bugs the shit out of me is the
vibranium explanation[/quote]. Everytime I saw the shield, it really threw me out of the movie.

Now that I think about it, I'll just spoiler a list of crap that bugged me:
-When Steve does the show for the troops and hears about the 107th only having 50 people come back, how is it that a bunch of starved and overworked POWs totally destroy the camp they were in?

-Bucky's death was lame

-If Steve heals super fast, why does his lip get worse after Red Skull punched him

-The entire premise that Hydra bases were completely overrun despite having far superior weapons

And a few other things that don't come to mind at the moment.

The most enjoyable part of the movie was the war bonds/propaganda show especially when he
got heckled[/quote].

edit: Oh yeah, and what shinryuu's spoiler.
weak assed ending that we saw coming a mile away

I guess I'm in the minority, but I have found a lot of the newer super hero movies to be pretty boring. I can see how on one hand they are becoming more movie-like and less a translation of the comic, but I feel like when I go to see these movies I just want to see some asses being kicked and some good special effects. Latest hero flicks like Thor and this one spend too much time on exposition and not enough on cool characters doing cool things.

[quote name='dohdough']The movie was ok, but one thing that bugs the shit out of me is the vibranium explanation. Everytime I saw the shield, it really threw me out of the movie.

Now that I think about it, I'll just spoiler a list of crap that bugged me:
-When Steve does the show for the troops and hears about the 107th only having 50 people come back, how is it that a bunch of starved and overworked POWs totally destroy the camp they were in?

-Bucky's death was lame

-If Steve heals super fast, why does his lip get worse after Red Skull punched him

-The entire premise that Hydra bases were completely overrun despite having far superior weapons

The most enjoyable part of the movie was the war bonds/propaganda show especially when he
got heckled

[/QUOTE]

Steve doesn't have "super fast" regeneration like Wolverine or Deadpool does. He does heal faster than others, but it takes a while. It's nothing that happens in a matter of seconds, minutes or hours rather.

As for Bucky. It's pretty similar to how he "died" in the comics. Granted he doesn't really die and goes on to be a brainwashed Russian super-assassin.

Just got home from seeing it. Overall pretty good, glad they didn't take themselves that serious.

That ending killed me... I wanted moar Atwell...

After credit preview was great.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Ok just came back from the 2-d showing....

It was actually pretty good...better than Thor....

a few concerns/questions/observation

-Could one of the black guys who got saved from the factor by CA actually be Nick Fury's father?

-How old was Howard Stark in that movie? He looked to be in his 30's or 40's... Kinda of a head scratcher for him to be in this movie at that age. If Tony Stark is in his 30's in 2008...then what Howard's wife was like 30 something and Howard was like 60 when Tony was born? eeek...

-Anyone pick up on that sound when those energy guns were about to fire? Sounded like the sounds when ever Iron Man fired his palm weapons.

-So Odin zapped Red Skull back to Asgaurd?

-I can *kinda* see where Captain America 2 can take place..but it's really not necessary.
[/QUOTE]
In answer to two of your questions
that black guy IS Nick Fury since that group fighting alongside Cap was the Howling Commandos. Plus Cap recognized who he was immediately after waking up in present day. If you're wondering how Nick Fury manages to age so gracefully, if you go with the comic books he basically drank a serum that ages him slowly during his days in SHIELD in the 60's fighting Hydra.

More then anything I think Skull was zapped and trapped within the Cosmic Cube since I believe it's happened before in the comics.

Saw it today though finally and I enjoyed it. The pacing was kinda odd where beginning was taking it slow, but by second half it felt dominated by montages. I Mean it was still good and all though, plus Evans did a great likable Cap who never really stops being awkward.

Though the only problem I had was the ending with
so Nick Fury, part of SUPER COVERT secret operations unit is hoping to ease Cap into the 21st century by locking him in a one room plywood hospital where he will hopefully not look out the window and not notice any movements and just STAY STILL THERE. Plus let's have TWO goddamn guards guard him since you know, it's not like he's killed hundreds of super Nazis/Hydra agents. To make it better let's not spend too much on locks AND do it on the first floor of a building surrounded by goddamn windows. REALLY SHIELD? This is your best plan of easing him into the new century?

Oh yeah and Cap not being able to get drunk was a nice touch. Kinda hoping to see a drinking contest between him and Thor now.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Hayley's charming, but amanda righetti.. ohh man y'alls gotta check out angel blade.

( o Y o )[/QUOTE]

Quoting myself cuz I know how much yall will like it :p

And amanda is the
girl at the end

[quote name='bardockkun']In answer to two of your questions
that black guy IS Nick Fury since that group fighting alongside Cap was the Howling Commandos. Plus Cap recognized who he was immediately after waking up in present day. If you're wondering how Nick Fury manages to age so gracefully, if you go with the comic books he basically drank a serum that ages him slowly during his days in SHIELD in the 60's fighting Hydra.

More then anything I think Skull was zapped and trapped within the Cosmic Cube since I believe it's happened before in the comics.
[/QUOTE]

The black guy is Gabe Jones, the black member of the Howling Commandos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Jones

This was my favorite super hero movie of the year. The only stuff I thought that wasn't great was the USO scenes, which could have been cut down a little, and the last five minutes, which I felt like tried to wrap things up too quickly and they could have explored a little more of how Steve felt at the end.

[quote name='dohdough']The movie was ok. Now that I think about it, I'll just spoiler a list of crap that bugged me:

-Bucky's death was lame

got heckled

[/QUOTE]
To help with your questions:

- The 107th infantry had 400+ men captured, so Steve basically broke 400 POW's out of prison (it was explained in the newspaper the girl agent was reading before she kissed Steve).

- Bucky had a somewhat similar "death" in the comic books (falling off in the mountains) but later was found by the USSR similar to how the USA found Cap. Bucky was then made into the Winter Soldier, enemy of Cap the Super Soldier (which people are speculating will be in Captain America 2).

- Steve doesn't have super healing like Wolverine.

- Red Skull purposely self-destructed the first science base on the premise that he didn't want the science and technical knowledge of his base to fall into the American hand's, and that it was no longer useful since they location had already been discovered.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']I loved the USO scenes, it kinda set the mood on how the country was feeling about the war.[/QUOTE]
It also essentially explained WHY he was called "Captain America". Without it, it would be weird for people to start calling him name that for no other reason.

I know in that Avengers cartoon currently airing they made it so that Fury's dad served with Cap I think, Fury's dad apparently kept Cap's bike after he was frozen and Fury gave it back to him when he was found.

[quote name='Clak']I know in that Avengers cartoon currently airing they made it so that Fury's dad served with Cap I think, Fury's dad apparently kept Cap's bike after he was frozen and Fury gave it back to him when he was found.[/QUOTE]

I bet furys future grand son becomes a jedi master

[quote name='giantqtipz']I bet furys future grand son becomes a jedi master[/QUOTE]

You are going the wrong way. Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away so Fury's great, great grandfather was a Jedi Master.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Quoting myself cuz I know how much yall will like it :p

And amanda is the
girl at the end
[/QUOTE]

She's not bad. I remember her from something.

I honestly wish there was a better ending than what we saw...

Honestly

It would have been cool to have Fury tell CA that the stuff he did in the war actually inspired children for generations and that the world owes him a debt of gradatued. Then offered him a place with the Avengers ...the end scene should have been where he accepted

bread's done
Back