Captain America: The Winter Soldier - (April Box Office Record)

The 2nd stinger is
Winter Soldier looking at Bucky Barnes' memorial from the museum earlier in the movie.

Ended up re-watching The Avengers after this.

There were lots of cool hints in The Avengers about Winter Soldier.

A scene after the capture of Loki where Cap found that SHIELD was storing Hydra equipment.

Tony tries hacking SHIELD and discovers they were making WMD's like the ones in Winter Soldier but not before SHIELD stops the hack.

A rogue SHIELD agent that Fury had no knowledge attempted to fire the missile to blow up New York without the High Council information even being released by Fury.

A 5 min deleted scene called "Man out of Time" where Steve was looking through files of his old commrades, but 2 things stood out:

- Margaret "Peggy" Carter's information was there which is how he knew where to find her in Winter Soldier.

- Howard Stark and his wife's death were on the same exact date (December 17, 1991) when Tony was just 21.  In Winter Soldier it's revealed Hydra had a hand in their deaths.

c7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So from now on it's a "Who Can You Trust?" feeling for marvel movies?  Oh fuck it, just make Bartok/Hawkeye an agent of Hydra and kill him off already.  Oh btw...does anyone do a "huh?" when Sam Wilson talks about where to get the Falcon suit and then one of the next scenes he has it already on???  Did they cut it out getting his suit for pacing? 

Well, Guardians obviously won't have that. This might be what spurs Tony to make Ultron anyway.

It will probably get followed up more in the AoS show than the movies.

Awesome movie. Loved the stephan strange mention, the sharon future relationship and when that german dude popped up in the computer I thought he was gonna be the link to the AoU but he ded.

Also both end credits were worth it.

Awesome movie. Loved the stephan strange mention, the sharon future relationship and when that german dude popped up in the computer I thought he was gonna be the link to the AoU but he ded.
Remember, it is Marvel, so im sure there will be some kind of "memory backup" somewhere else.

Remember, it is Marvel, so im sure there will be some kind of "memory backup" somewhere else.
Yeah they could do that. I would rather see him as ultron then jarvis would make more sense.

Also loved the 3 back to back marvel trailers got fucking hype right before captain america even started and damn stan lee is looking old (well he is)I barely reconigized him in the captain america movie

I was also on the fuck black widow train but she redeemed herself in this movie I really liked her in this so now its just fuck hawkeye unless he redeems himself in the hulk movie

Watched it last night, should have been called "Captain America: The Winter Soldier bought to you by Chevrolet" but apart from that I thought it was good, better than the last Capt America movie.

Anyone think Red Skull will be back? kinda disappointed it wasn't him in the first post credits scene.

As I said before, it probably depends on how much Disney is willing to pay Hugo Weaving, since he approaches his role like Paul Bettany approaches Jarvis.

Watched it last night, should have been called "Captain America: The Winter Soldier bought to you by Chevrolet" but apart from that I thought it was good, better than the last Capt America movie.

Anyone think Red Skull will be back? kinda disappointed it wasn't him in the first post credits scene.
Yeah, that was a let down. To have him appear instead of the other German guy and Bucky would have been better. Honestly I think the Bucky should have sacrificed himself to save Rogers and America to atone for his past actions.

Finally got to see this today. Sebastian Stan is my hero, what a fucking badass he was in this. I absolutely hope he becomes the new Cap with this news of Evans retiring after fulfilling his Marvel commitments and Stan's 9-film contract. He made TWS, was just so awesome.

Loved the film too, probably in my top 3 of the current MCU movies. Only thing I didn't like all that much was the truth revealing that half of SHIELD was composed of Hyrda agents. I mean c'mon, best secret spy organization in the world and it turns out it was about a 50/50 split between the two factions?

Yeah, that was a let down. To have him appear instead of the other German guy and Bucky would have been better. Honestly I think the Bucky should have sacrificed himself to save Rogers and America to atone for his past actions.
None of that would have been better.

Only thing I didn't like all that much was the truth revealing that half of SHIELD was composed of Hyrda agents. I mean c'mon, best secret spy organization in the world and it turns out it was about a 50/50 split between the two factions?
The best spy organization in the world was BUILT by Hydra.

And if anyone else but Nick Fury had been in charge, Hydra would have conquered the world easily.

Finally got to see this today. Sebastian Stan is my hero, what a fucking badass he was in this. I absolutely hope he becomes the new Cap with this news of Evans retiring after fulfilling his Marvel commitments and Stan's 9-film contract. He made TWS, was just so awesome.

Loved the film too, probably in my top 3 of the current MCU movies. Only thing I didn't like all that much was the truth revealing that half of SHIELD was composed of Hyrda agents. I mean c'mon, best secret spy organization in the world and it turns out it was about a 50/50 split between the two factions?
Evens has said that he's not going to retire.

So in watching it for the second time today a few more thoughts.

-How the hell does CA's shield work ?  He tosses that shit around, takes out the bad guys, takes out a quinjet and so on and the damn thing comes back to him like a boomerang.

-What does he use to have it stick to his back?  Velcro?  

So in watching it for the second time today a few more thoughts.

-How the hell does CA's shield work ? He tosses that shit around, takes out the bad guys, takes out a quinjet and so on and the damn thing comes back to him like a boomerang.

-What does he use to have it stick to his back? Velcro?
Vibranium, ultra light weight and strongest metal at least in this Marvel universe. Also Steve Rogers plays a ton of ultimate frisbee with Bucky and got super good at it.

Same way Cloud's sword sticks to his back after he finishes a fight, magnets.

If you look at the few times you get to see the back of the shield, there's a hook mechanism and a small clip on Steve's back on his modern uniform.

oh yeah...forgot...it's all magnets!   Well he lost his shield...so now what is he going to use?

I still don't buy Steve being able to convince Bucky of his old self.  All that brainwashing could not be undone by Steve like that. 

Just love it how BW pretty much tells the government , "that's right we did this shit..........whatcha gonna do about it?" then walks away........ serious??!?!    She, CA, and Falcon should all be behind bars.

I mean they did kinda defend the earf from aliens, gods and a homicidal fat german dude stuck in a computer so she pretty much has that right

And with the way the government is now, the last thing they wanna do is arrest Captain fuck ing America.

After lots of scheduling snafus, I finally got a chance to see this flick -- and it's quite possibly my new favorite movie from the Avengers saga. Simply blew Cap 1 out of the damn water.

A friend of mine went with me and saw it for the fourth time. I will likely go again to see it at some point this week and see what "easter eggs" I missed the first time around.

Just saw it. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but goddamn were there some horrific deaths in this movie. I was really surprised at the level of up-close violence...like disturbingly so.

Predictable as all hell too. My gf, who doesn't even read comics, called everything. It was a fun romp overall, but played VERY safe and a bit milque toast.

Best part of the movie was when the couple in front of us decided to stop making out and just go to the hotel across the street...that and the bf finally taking off his fedora. Yes, the dude wore a fedora while "watching" a movie. Douchebag... :rofl:

Not enough Hail Hydra macros in this thread.

bread's done
Back