Card Fighters DS Discussion - Last Snk vs. Capcom Licensed Game To Be Made

Hm... packaging is still the same... but the cart is different?

That doesn't make a lot of sense, what if you find a retailer that got lazy and didn't send the old one back?

Once I see some people get the fixed one I'll definitely grab a copy.

Same outer packaging but a new label on the cart? That makes no sense. Its gonna be a crapshoot buying a new copy of the game if they do that. Not to mention the difficulty of returning an opened new item if you get the wrong one.

Im thinking Im gonna take a wait and see attitude and watch how all this plays out. I def do not want to buy a copy and send my cart into SNK to replace.

If you don't want to stress about it, buy a new one now (if they already haven't been taken off the shelves) then send in your cart. Just think of it as a preorder

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']If you don't want to stress about it, buy a new one now (if they already haven't been taken off the shelves) then send in your cart. Just think of it as a preorder[/QUOTE]

Since I'm going to be moving to a few different places between now and two months from now, not really an option for me ;)

That's lame. Although it might make the glitched copy sought after.

I guess I'll wait and buy a copy when people start reporting finding new ones, like Roufuss said.

I wonder if I open the game in front of them at the store, they'll let me return it if it's an old one.

I think SNK is doing the right thing. Anyone who thinks 10 days is not fast enough to provide a response is being unreasonable. It's one thing to identify the source of the problem in the code and fix it, and another to deal with the manufacturing and retail distribution logistics.

Since they are going to pull the glitched games and re-release it, I'm just going to wait until the "new" copies are available and this mess is behind us.

I'll definitely buy the "fixed" game.

And no, I don't believe they're cleaning up the engrish, although a re-release could warrant it. Wouldn't want them to create more problems in doing that, anyway...

I think it took them time to respond cos they had to make doubly sure there werent any other game breaking glitches in there. Imagie if they fixed this glitch and sent out new carts, and then another glitch was found further along in the game. Hopefull this will teach them a lesson about fully playtesting their games before they go out the door.

I also emailed SNKP about buying a new cart, and the packaging, here's what I got.

[quote name='SNKP']

That's a good question because the packaging is going to be exactly the
same except for the cartridge label. You'll have to ask a store clerk if
they are the new ones. We're hoping we can get new versions on the shelf in
2 months.

You should check back with me before making a purchase. I'll let you
know when the fixed games are on the shelves.

Thanks,
Mark
SNK PLAYMORE USA

[/quote]

Glad to hear that they have things moving already and that they'll let us know when the new carts show up. They're handling this one right.

[quote name='Logain8955']I also emailed SNKP about buying a new cart, and the packaging, here's what I got.

Glad to hear that they have things moving already and that they'll let us know when the new carts show up. They're handling this one right.[/quote]

Agreed. It'd be nice if they put some kind of marking on the box, but aside from that, I'm impressed.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Although it might make the glitched copy sought after.
[/quote]

Maybe... though who would really want to own a game, knowing they could never play all the way through it? I suppose people own things for strange reasons, but I buy games to play, so owning it to watch it sit there seems pointless.

[quote name='Logain8955']I also emailed SNKP about buying a new cart, and the packaging, here's what I got.

Glad to hear that they have things moving already and that they'll let us know when the new carts show up. They're handling this one right.[/QUOTE]

Haha, so I'm going to be like "Hey, EB / GS employee, can we please open the brand new game before I buy to ensure that it is a new cart?"... I don't think they will go for that.

In a perfect world, when I can be 100% assured the glitches ones are definitely being sent back / field destroyed, I wouldn't care... I'm mostly throw the caution at store employees who don't do their job.

Props to SNK, though, I wish there was some way to know for sure we could get a glitch free copy, but I don't think SNK has a US store of their own. I mean, who knows if online retailers will even throw out the old stock, so there goes the claim of having the clerk open it up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, so I'm going to be like "Hey, EB / GS employee, can we please open the brand new game before I buy to ensure that it is a new cart?"... I don't think they will go for that.[/QUOTE]

I don't shop at GS or EB much but from what I can tell they have no problem opening NEW games and putting the cases on display. Just ask to see the cart. It's a reasonable request if you explain your situation. And if you're lucky, they might actually have knowledge about the glitch and sympothize with you......... maybe... :pray:

Lol this will be one of the few times I will walk in to a eb/gs and request a gut copy. As soon as I see a pic of the new art anyways.

Any idea what the new cartridge will look like yet? They really should stick SOMETHING on the packaging, even if it's just some subtle "version 1.1" or something.

I wonder if we can re-preorder it?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Any idea what the new cartridge will look like yet? They really should stick SOMETHING on the packaging, even if it's just some subtle "version 1.1" or something.

I wonder if we can re-preorder it?[/QUOTE]

from what most games do, I'm guessing the easiest way to tell the difference without opening it will be looking at the back of the case.

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, so I'm going to be like "Hey, EB / GS employee, can we please open the brand new game before I buy to ensure that it is a new cart?"... I don't think they will go for that. [/QUOTE]

I work at GS, and this would be absolutely no problem at all. We crack things open all the time to gut them and put them on shelves.

As always, explain the situation, hope you don't get a jerk, and you'll be fine.

I will actually buy this game now. I was so bummed to hear how broken the game was. I'm glad they took the plunge and are fixing it. Now all we need is for Puzzle Quest PSP to be replaced...

Now we gotta wait about 5 weeks then send it, then get it back. I feel like I have had a very official preview copy and that the official release is a month or two from now. >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Now we gotta wait about 5 weeks then send it, then get it back. I feel like I have had a very official preview copy and that the official release is a month or two from now. >_

[quote name='snkdavid from the official SNK USA boards:']SNK has been informed by Nintendo of America that the manufacturing of the replacement cartridges for SNK VS CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS will be available on June 25th. At that time, SNK will ship the cartridges from Japan to our facility in the US and begin the process of implementing the recall. We should be able to begin providing replacements cartridges the first or second week of July. Information regarding the procedure on returning your defective cartridge to SNK will be posted on our website in the near future. We will keep you updated.

Once again we appreciate your support and apologize for this inconvenience.
Thank you,

The STAFF OF SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
[/quote]

Good news overall. I'm glad they are taking this route, despite the time it's going to take. I'm buying this game as soon as the new glitch-free copies come in. It's ok because summer is slow for games anyway.

I received the same message in my email.

I hope no one get the marvel trading card game for ds. The psp version is superior in almost everyway in terms of graphics, sound, faster gameplay, and no slowdown.The best part about ds is the book view like hotel dusk and card description loads faster.

[quote name='fatbeer']I received the same message in my email.

I hope no one get the marvel trading card game for ds. The psp version is superior in almost everyway in terms of graphics, sound, faster gameplay, and no slowdown.The best part about ds is the book view like hotel dusk and card description loads faster.[/QUOTE]

don't you have to use real money at some point for the PSP game???

For anyone who's sending in their cart to SNK to replace, it would be real nice of SNK to throw in some kinda little gift or freebie when they mail you the new game, as a way of saying sorry and thank you.

Well guys, we can start the process of getting our fixed copies. SNK/Playmore's website has a recall form to fill out. I'm sure most of you guys know this if you registered your copy.

They better ship a free copy of AOF Collection while they're at it.

Official Snk Vs Capcom Card Fighters Recall

http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/recall.php

Recall Information - June 20, 2007

Below are the steps needed to obtain your replacement copy of SNK VS CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS DS.

Step 1. – Register your game at www.snkplaymoreusa.com/register
Step 2 – fill out the online form below
Step 3 – Print out the form and mail it along with the defective cartridge to our address below. Please do not send original packaging or manuals.

SNK PLAYMORE USA
Attn: CFDS exchange
PO Box 1140
Wall, NJ 07719

Replacement Cartridges will begin shipping July 1, 2007. Cartridges will be shipped in the order that they are received

*To receive your replacement cartridge all 3 steps must be completed.

Oooookay. And how would I know what the new cartridge looks like, or whether a retail copy has the new cartridge or not?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oooookay. And how would I know what the new cartridge looks like, or whether a retail copy has the new cartridge or not?[/QUOTE]

You don't.

That's the greatness of the whole situation, and the grand idea SNK had for this debacle.

Oh, I guess you were joking Rocko? Well darn, this whole Card Fighter's Clash thing just isn't going well :D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Oh, I guess you were joking Rocko? Well darn, this whole Card Fighter's Clash thing just isn't going well :D[/QUOTE]

Rocko was being perfectly serious, and so was I.

The only way to know you have a fixed copy is because the cartridge will be different, SNK has said there will be nothing on the box to indicate a fixed copy. They said all the retailers were told to send the game back, but I doubt many of them even bothered, so really, the only way you'll know is to go to EB and look at a gutted copy.

Here's a pic of the glitched cart. Sorry, it's a little out of focus, but it should help the guys wanting to buy a non glitched version.

CardFighters.jpg

I know that I've been to a few b&m stores here lately, and they all have copies of the glitched version and looked at me like I was talking martian when I mentioned the recall and glitch and all....

[quote name='ryoga79']I know that I've been to a few b&m stores here lately, and they all have copies of the glitched version and looked at me like I was talking martian when I mentioned the recall and glitch and all....[/QUOTE]

Well the fixed copies aren't out yet so all you're gonna find right now is the glitched version. They actually should be taken off the shelves.

I'll be sending my cart out tomarrow. Hope to see my copy in a couple weeks. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Well the fixed copies aren't out yet so all you're gonna find right now is the glitched version. They actually should be taken off the shelves.

I'll be sending my cart out tomarrow. Hope to see my copy in a couple weeks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Same here... my cart is all set to go with form and everything. I want it soon hopefully.

I'm just waiting for the fixed one to come out in retail. I'm just surprised that most stores near me still have it and know nothing of a "recall". One even said "I'll continue to sell it until SNK comes and takes it away" or something to that extent....

I don't expect the revised carts to come out until at least next month. That was time frame given by SNK (Ben himself, IIRC) based on cart production and shipping times. I think the exact post was cut and paste somewhere in this thread.

I also imagine the smaller stores, mom & pops didn't "get the memo" and may be stuck with the glitched copies indefinitely.

S'ok, I got lots 'o gaming on my plate so I can wait. I appreciate SNK even bothering to do this, since they don't make money hand over fist in the US like they do in Japan and it's probably going to end up being a loss over here.

So what exactly would you folks do if you got your new copies, played through them... then got another game-ending glitch a floor above the last glitched floor? :lol:

I'll consider picking this up once the new copies start appearing.

[quote name='Rocko']So what exactly would you folks do if you got your new copies, played through them... then got another game-ending glitch a floor above the last glitched floor? :lol:

I'll consider picking this up once the new copies start appearing.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully that's why we have the internet. There's always some freak who will play through the entire game in about 5 days. I think we heard about the glitch after day 3 of the launch. I'm not sure what I'd do if it was still glitched. I'd probably just say "fuck it" and play it anyways.

[quote name='ryoga79']I'm just waiting for the fixed one to come out in retail. I'm just surprised that most stores near me still have it and know nothing of a "recall". One even said "I'll continue to sell it until SNK comes and takes it away" or something to that extent....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ryoga79']I know that I've been to a few b&m stores here lately, and they all have copies of the glitched version and looked at me like I was talking martian when I mentioned the recall and glitch and all....[/QUOTE]

That was my experience too. None of them know anything about it, and always want to sell it to me. It's like "No thanks, I'll let you guys deal with this..."

[quote name='gunm']I don't expect the revised carts to come out until at least next month. That was time frame given by SNK (Ben himself, IIRC) based on cart production and shipping times. I think the exact post was cut and paste somewhere in this thread.

I also imagine the smaller stores, mom & pops didn't "get the memo" and may be stuck with the glitched copies indefinitely.

S'ok, I got lots 'o gaming on my plate so I can wait. I appreciate SNK even bothering to do this, since they don't make money hand over fist in the US like they do in Japan and it's probably going to end up being a loss over here.[/QUOTE]

Smaller stores like EB / GS?

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180164

Like I feared when they even announced this "recall", stores decided to do whatever the fuck they wanted and it seems EB / GS decided to just not send back the glitched carts and keep selling it - every EB / GS on the locator has (glitched) copies up for sale.

How do we even know that they will receive the new ones? These stores aren't going to order MORE Card Fighters DS when the ones they do have aren't even selling.

I will just go the Ebay route and wait for someone to advertise a non glitched cart, I think.

bread's done
Back