Card Fighters DS Discussion - Last Snk vs. Capcom Licensed Game To Be Made

^ You sound like the perfect demographic for this game. If you like card games, fighters, and the orginal NGPC version, chances are you'll enjoy this one.

Krauser is a C Rank card. WTF is that about? Easily A Rank material.

There has been reports of a bug in this game that will not allow you to past the the 9th floor when playing New Game+ mod. This is mod you get when you finish the game and where you will be able to get higher level cards and see the true ending. The bug doesn't exist in the japanese version.

Here is a message from one guy that had the problem.
I purchased this game two days ago. The next day, I pumped a lot of hours into the game and beat it. I noticed a small bug along the way. There was this Card Battler named John on the 9th Floor of the Card tower whom after I beat, I spoke to again. When I initiated conversation, the game freezes. This didn't happen when I spoke to the other battlers again so I didn't think much of it at the time and just continued onto beating the game.

Well, after beating it and trying the New Game+ (where you start on the 1st floor and work your way up again in the "True Tournament") I reached the 9th floor where John was. Well, every other card battler uses there 2nd dialogue(The dialogue after you beat them) instead of the first in the New Game+ because you game thinks you've beaten them already when you are playing a New Game+. When I tried to battle the Card Battler John, the game would freeze and I could not progress to the next floor.

Well, I went to my PnT and got another copy of the game. Pumped in 3 hours and got to the 9th floor where John was. Beat him and the same thing happened. It froze when you tried to speak to him a second time. So yeah, 2 new carts were buggy. This isn't a problem with my DS either since PnT's employee whipped out his DS and the Store's DS and personally tested it. I also asked others online and some are having the same problem. This bug makes the New Game+ impossible to play unless someone finds a way to bypass this glitch. So this is a heads up to people who are thinking about playing this game.

Again,

You can play through the regular mode and beat the game BUT you cannot past the New Game+ because of the Freezing John Battler dialogue unless someone has a non-buggy cartridge or knows how to bypass this glitch. And yes, John is on both sides of the building (SNK and Capcom sides)

It's crazy that people have beaten it already. Jesus, I'm only on the 6th floor. But this is bad news. I'm not sure what to do with this game now, if infact it's true and all the games made were buggy.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']We talked about the Hayate card in the previous page. You have to talk with the German dude, I think on the 3rd floor, he should give you one. I'm not too sure so look back at the other posts.[/QUOTE]

thx, for information. It makes it much easier to find the card now, knowing it's a event card. I followed the snk brand then switch to capcom branch later on,Hayate card is found in 6th floor instead. Maybe the branch affect certain triggers.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']There has been reports of a bug in this game that will not allow you to past the the 9th floor when playing New Game+ mod. This is mod you get when you finish the game and where you will be able to get higher level cards and see the true ending. The bug doesn't exist in the japanese version.

Here is a message from one guy that had the problem.
I purchased this game two days ago. The next day, I pumped a lot of hours into the game and beat it. I noticed a small bug along the way. There was this Card Battler named John on the 9th Floor of the Card tower whom after I beat, I spoke to again. When I initiated conversation, the game freezes. This didn't happen when I spoke to the other battlers again so I didn't think much of it at the time and just continued onto beating the game.

Well, after beating it and trying the New Game+ (where you start on the 1st floor and work your way up again in the "True Tournament") I reached the 9th floor where John was. Well, every other card battler uses there 2nd dialogue(The dialogue after you beat them) instead of the first in the New Game+ because you game thinks you've beaten them already when you are playing a New Game+. When I tried to battle the Card Battler John, the game would freeze and I could not progress to the next floor.

Well, I went to my PnT and got another copy of the game. Pumped in 3 hours and got to the 9th floor where John was. Beat him and the same thing happened. It froze when you tried to speak to him a second time. So yeah, 2 new carts were buggy. This isn't a problem with my DS either since PnT's employee whipped out his DS and the Store's DS and personally tested it. I also asked others online and some are having the same problem. This bug makes the New Game+ impossible to play unless someone finds a way to bypass this glitch. So this is a heads up to people who are thinking about playing this game.

Again,

You can play through the regular mode and beat the game BUT you cannot past the New Game+ because of the Freezing John Battler dialogue unless someone has a non-buggy cartridge or knows how to bypass this glitch. And yes, John is on both sides of the building (SNK and Capcom sides)
[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't beat the game to experience this. But I do know that "John "Battler" glitch occur after you beat him once. Once you try to talk to him again the game automaticly freeze up. So far I encounter this couple of time, but it didn't matter since i can move to next floor. In new game plus your force to battle him in order to fight the boss. So the programing must be messed up after you talk to him for the second time, for this case the game +

What's Gametop's policy on a situation like this? If I were to return it I obviously don't want another copy. I should be able to return it for credit. Maybe I'll get the Marvel TCG with the money instead.

Damn, I hope this only affected a few games. And I just created a Blue/ Red Deck.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']What's Gametop's policy on a situation like this? If I were to return it I obviously don't want another copy. I should be able to return it for credit. Maybe I'll get the Marvel TCG with the money instead.

Damn, I hope this only affected a few games. And I just created a Blue/ Red Deck.[/QUOTE]

Same copy of a game if opened. If there's a defect like this, it'd probably be handled on a case by case basis. (AKA: Depends if the manager on duty is a dick.)

If nothing else, talk to the DM. They *hate* to be bugged with these, so they'll try to get you happy so they can get it done and over with.

I just emailed SNKP's tech support. Hopefully they'll have something useful to hit me back with.

Well guys, it's been fun. But I've lost the drive to play this game any longer. What are you guys gonna do? Keep it or bring it back? I was praying that only a few copies were affected and I had a good one (hoping it would be worth something.) I doubt SNK will fix the bug and release a second batch. I mean look at how much attention they paid to the translation. They obvioulsy didn't care much about the North American release. Someone needs to get fired over this. I'm so pissed at SNK. If a SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters ever comes out again, I'm picking Capcom's side. I've been a loyal SNK fan for years, but this is unacceptable. I'll be e-mailing them right now, I suggest everyone do the same. I belive this icon says it all = :bomb:

Okay my rant is over.

I dunno. Personally, I'm kinda caught in a bind. I bought it at work, so it's not like I can raise a shitstorm and demand my money back. =\

I emailed SNK, and if I don't get something back by like, Wednesday, I'm going to be calling them.

I mean, jesus fucking christ. It's an A Rank bug, that's 100% repeatability. How the unholy fuck do you miss this?

Edit: Made it so the swearing works as intended.

I bought it the other day and haven't opened it yet, so it's going back tomorrow. I really wanted to play this game, but there's no point in keeping it if you can't even get many of the cards or finish the game. I've got a big enough backlog as it is, so if SNK actually does do something about the glitch, I can always get it later. I kind of doubt it'll be too hard to find, considering the glitch and every K-Mart getting multiple copies of it.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']I bought it the other day and haven't opened it yet, so it's going back tomorrow. I really wanted to play this game, but there's no point in keeping it if you can't even get many of the cards or finish the game. I've got a big enough backlog as it is, so if SNK actually does do something about the glitch, I can always get it later. I kind of doubt it'll be too hard to find, considering the glitch and every K-Mart getting multiple copies of it.[/QUOTE]

You can beat the game, just not on a new game +. And I hope they do something about this glitch, but I doubt they will.

kaynewest.jpg

SNK doesn't care about America.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']You can beat the game, just not on a new game +. And I hope they do something about this glitch, but I doubt they will.

kaynewest.jpg

SNK doesn't care about America.[/QUOTE]

They won't ever do anything about the glitch.

Bubble Bobble Revolution had a similar glitch, where it was impossible to finish the game. The publisher / developer never fixed it.

Puzzle Quest for PSP has a glitch where the companions don't work at all! Whoever made that game has never fixed that glitch, and never will.

The thing to do is start emailing Kotaku, Joystiq, IGN, anyone in the media so hopefully this gets out there and puts SNK in a bad light... who knows, they may be FORCED to fix it in order to avoid bad press. It would probably cost more to recall every copy than it would to try and shove it under the carpet.

So glad I held off on buying this now.

Did they even bother to play test this game? Does anyone bother to play test their games anymore??? How can such an obvious game freezing glitch go through?

I'm sick of this junk. Forget all the media whining about "violent videogames". Why don't they go after BROKEN games.

The X-Box is home to the buggiest games anywhere (I've had a lot more trouble with them than PC games), but lately I've had bugs in GBA and now this too.

I wish Nintendo/Sony/MS would have real approval processes. Since they're taking money on every game sold, I wish they'd actually TEST THE GAMES.

I had just about convinced myself I was going to buy this too. I *LOVE* the original so much! Why can they get it so right on a system that's little more than a NES-era console, but screw it up so badly on hardware from essentially the Playstation generation?

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm sick of this junk. Forget all the media whining about "violent videogames". Why don't they go after BROKEN games.

The X-Box is home to the buggiest games anywhere (I've had a lot more trouble with them than PC games), but lately I've had bugs in GBA and now this too.

I wish Nintendo/Sony/MS would have real approval processes. Since they're taking money on every game sold, I wish they'd actually TEST THE GAMES.

I had just about convinced myself I was going to buy this too. I *LOVE* the original so much! Why can they get it so right on a system that's little more than a NES-era console, but screw it up so badly on hardware from essentially the Playstation generation?[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

However, most of these horrible glitches I've seen recently have been smaller companies (SNK's US branch, the Puzzle Quest developer), but even with a tiny company, you mean to tell me one person can't play test the game? They can't find one person who will play the game from start to finish to find something so SIMPLE as this???

I mean, this isn't a glitch that takes a lot to reproduce, this is the game freezing when you talk to someone... this is a glitch that is found just by a simple playthrough of the game.

The game works perfectly in Japan, so it was the US branch that somehow broke the game when they translated it... probably messed up some code somewhere by accident.

SNK USA really did put the bare minimum into this. I followed this thread because the game started sounding a little better, but this kills it.

I'm just thinking if enough people start submitting this to places like Kotaku or Joystiq or IGN or somebody, and start getting the word out, it will a) stop sales on this game, forcing SNK to fix it possibly or b) force SNK to admit they made a mistake and fix the game.

[quote name='Roufuss']They won't ever do anything about the glitch.

Bubble Bobble Revolution had a similar glitch, where it was impossible to finish the game. The publisher / developer never fixed it.[/quote]

Actually they did http://kotaku.com/gaming/bubble-bob...e-bobble-nets-purchasers-free-game-239423.php

I returned my glitched copy back when I bought it though. And what I played of the game was bad enough that I didn't bother rebuying it.

But anyway, that's what I was basing my hopes of SNK fixing this game on. If Codemasters was willing to do it for an awful game, I would hope SNK would do something for this one at least. Not that I'm expecting them to, as most of the time glitches like this are just left alone, and if they don't I just won't bother getting this game ever.

[quote name='pygmy carnotaur']Actually they did http://kotaku.com/gaming/bubble-bob...e-bobble-nets-purchasers-free-game-239423.php

I returned my glitched copy back when I bought it though. And what I played of the game was bad enough that I didn't bother rebuying it.

But anyway, that's what I was basing my hopes of SNK fixing this game on. If Codemasters was willing to do it for an awful game, I would hope SNK would do something for this one at least. Not that I'm expecting them to, as most of the time glitches like this are just left alone, and if they don't I just won't bother getting this game ever.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is pretty cool.

Doubt SNK will do anything like this though, since their US division is awful. If they do decide to fix it, I might pick a copy, but now I'll just avoid it.

So what do you guys suggest? I hold onto Cardfighters in hopes they'll do something about the glitch, or return it to Gamestop and get my money back before the 7 days are up?

I don't want to get too far into the game only to play through again if an unglitched version comes out.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']So what do you guys suggest? I hold onto Cardfighters in hopes they'll do something about the glitch, or return it to Gamestop and get my money back before the 7 days are up?

I don't want to get too far into the game only to play through again if an unglitched version comes out.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the 7 day return policy applies to new games... I could be wrong, but I was aware it was only used games.

The only way you'll be able to return it is if you found a VERY cool employee or manager, chances are they will blame the game and give you another copy. You might get really lucky if you could show them the glitch, and tell them it happens on every copy. In that instance, they might even tell you to just contact the publisher.

They aren't responsbile for games they sell that are glitched, since that is the publisher's fault.

Honestly? I'd Ebay it before word of this got around, then just rebuy it if they ever fix it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']^ I know the manager at my local Gamestop, she's cool and would do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Then yea, I'd go ahead and dump it now... who knows maybe it'll get a price drop before they decide to fix it, like Bubble Bobble Revolution.

I'm willing to wait it out. Since it's a card game, that's enough for me to keep it either glitchy or non glitchy. I do hope, even if it erases my data, they give exchanges. My friend overwrote about 90 hours of gameplay in the original Cardfighters I had a long ass time ago. I was pissed, but actually it turned out good. I had a blast playing the game from the beginning all over again and making a better deck.

I'm kind of bummed out to hear about the glitch since I have been looking forawrd to this game. So I'll just wait and see what they'll do about it before I pick it up.

I just returned my game to GS. I was working with my cool asst. manager today, and she was wondering why I was even asking if it was cool to return it :D

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy this.

I lost all faith when GameSpot hinted at broken gameplay, coupled with reports of people who have played the Japanese version.

im holding onto my copy.

i have off on friday, maybe ill take a ride down to wall and see whats going on.

i can always shit on their lawn too.

Well I have some good news. Some Canadian's are reporting that they can talk to John a second time. Apparently he says: "Hey, you up for a battle? Your deck and mine are limited, though, you know."

I'm not sure if this is true or not. I wrote SNK at [email protected] and voiced my opinion, I hope everyone does. Also if you're gonna keep it you should register your copy at: http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/registration.php. I'm gonna hold onto it for the next two days and see if SNK takes any action.

What a shame. I was ready to run out and buy this today, and luckily I decided to stop by this thread and read the latest.

I want to support SNK/Playmore, but Im not buying this is it has a gamebreaking glitch. Damn them! I was sooo looking forward to this. =(

Confirmed, the glitch does exist. I beat this game yesterday and that 9th floor, game plus glitch is unavoidable. No matter what path you take:Snk or Capcom you will encounter that person. Once you talk to him it automaticly freeze up regardless of what action you do. It didn't really matter to me since I dislike this game since the first hour I played this.

I wonder what should with this game now? I don't think snk will refund my money. I guess I have to ebay.

This REALLY stinks, in every possible way. They:

-mess up a brilliant game by randomly changing the gameplay
-do a terrible translation
-don't promote it or support what should be one of the biggest releases in the first half of this year
-have a major, game stopping bug!

I guess I can't get it, but darn was I looking forward to this :whistle2:(

Glad I still have the original game :whistle2:(

Not to mention there is no wifi battles, only 2 player head to head match up. Yugioh championship 2007 beat this game in almost every since aspect in term of game mechanics, more balance cards, variety of decks,wifi, better transaction, no major glitch and not to mention 3 rare promo cards you can ebay.

The fact that anyone's even comparing this to Yugioh has me scared :D

That's true about WiFi. Really this should have full internet play...though I personally don't use multiplayer components in games, so wouldn't care. What's nuts is they would have been better off just emulating the original and releasing IT.

Glad I didn't pick this up. Honestly it slipped under my radar, but maybe it was for the best.

I'll support SNK & Playmore through their Metal Slug games. Those are always good and I've never encountered any crippling bugs as in this card game's bug.

Expect SNK to make some kind of offical statement about the "John Glitch" soon. Hopefully they'll come through and win back SNK fans like me, cause this really has me pissed off.

I was just about to buy this...guess not now. I found out about it via Kotaku. God, I just hate it, everytime we get a good Japanese game, there's something WRONG with it! This and buggy KoF emulation on 360..[sighs deeply]

i was about to give this a shot as my first card game ever based soley on the license. love me some KoF and lots of other featured characters. glad i didnt run out and pick it up i guess. either way as a first shot at the genre that im not sure im too interested in i probably wouldnt have made it to game plus anyway, maybe i can get a broken copy cheap off of ebay.

If they fix this game, I will probably get it. Not having played the original, I think an "ignorance is bliss" mentality will allow me to appreciate the game a bit more than someone who's already played better games in the Card Fighters series...

[quote name='gunm']If they fix this game, I will probably get it. Not having played the original, I think an "ignorance is bliss" mentality will allow me to appreciate the game a bit more than someone who's already played better games in the Card Fighters series...[/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you, bud. :)

You can include me as well in the reluctant boat. I was looking forward to this and was definitely going to get it if it had decent reviews. But with the overshadow of pokeman and all these problems the game's had. I just dunno...

bread's done
Back