Castle Crashers - Out now!

so i just got a $20 card before i left the US. thinking about Castle Crasher but i hear it had connection issues again at launch.. are they cleared up now or should I wait a bit longer?

[quote name='Wolfkin']guess i hear wrong then.. I'll pick it up this afternoon then.[/QUOTE]
You're probably hearing about the matchmaking, since it's not the best. It takes too long to search for a game and then connect that sometimes the information is outdated for available games. I'll often get 'not enough slots' or 'that game is not available' after waiting a half a minute to connect. That happens 4/5 times before you finally get a game and then people will often leave because they're looking to do insane mode. Best bet is to have friends that are on the same page or else MP is pretty much trash.

Looking forward to beating insane tonight if we have people on!

oh yeah, i never play with randoms. they always leave and its very hard to do insane with randoms.

the other guys should be on again tonight to finish out insane. but man, that mode, especially the one with the grey knights, its like they wouldnt stop coming/never die. shit took ages.

Holy crap is lava world annoying let alone trying it solo! I did pretty well until I got to the skeletons. That is just not fair! Those guys take forever to kill, there's like ten of them on screen at once, and they can kill you in a couple hits!

alright.. bought it.. going thru the single player. two questions/issues

1- i keep reading i should talk to the blacksmith to learn about weapons.... how? with the animals I just walk up to the lady and it shows on the chaulkboard. with the blacksmith i don't get any info from him about my current weapon. Are they talking about the data when you walk into the beast?

2. is anyone else having trouble aiming directions? Several times I'll try to magic to the left and when I hit the button it fires to the right or vice versa. I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to auto target because I have the same issue with shielding and I'll try to shield to one side with every baddie only to activate to the other side and then get raped by arrows.

You get the weapon "info" when you look inside the frog-thing. Nothing detailed, just the stats. From what I gathered playing anyway.

I finally got past the lava level solo. Now I have to beat the Industrial Castle to advance. Man is that level a cluster fuck of rape! The enemies in there can do way too much damage especially with their distance sawblade attack.

My character is up to the Ice Castle, so we can try to beat the game with Nexus when he's on. 8bit keeps saying he'll be on and never shows up, so we should take a stab at it sometime.

[quote name='Jodou']My character is up to the Ice Castle, so we can try to beat the game with Nexus when he's on. 8bit keeps saying he'll be on and never shows up, so we should take a stab at it sometime.[/QUOTE]

sorry but i got a life outside of video games. dont let all the plats fool ya. hahaha.

[quote name='8bitArtist']sorry but i got a life outside of video games. dont let all the plats fool ya. hahaha.[/QUOTE]
And by life, you mean woman.

[quote name='Jodou']And by life, you mean woman.[/QUOTE]

well that time we played and i left cuz of my gf she 1. wanted sex and 2. i was playing a lot of video games that day before i started playing castle crashers.

but no, its not just having a girlfriend, its also painting/rock climbing/working/doing other things. if you choose video games over sex, then youre either a little kid or a complete nerd who should lose his man card. :lol:

We had plans last night and all day today or I would've logged on to play some more insane mode. I really want to beat that stupid Industrial Castle. The issue I've noticed recently with online co-op is that slight lag which really screws me up especially when fighting those difficult enemies. Seems like there's a 1/2 second lag between a button press and the game taking the requested action.

[quote name='Chitown021']We had plans last night and all day today or I would've logged on to play some more insane mode. I really want to beat that stupid Industrial Castle. The issue I've noticed recently with online co-op is that slight lag which really screws me up especially when fighting those difficult enemies. Seems like there's a 1/2 second lag between a button press and the game taking the requested action.[/QUOTE]
That happens when the host is terrible. I've had plenty of good games where lag is noticeable, but not to the point that it affects gameplay.

You didn't miss anything because nobody has been on but a leveling buddy of mine this weekend.

Holy crap I finally beat that stupid Industrial level solo! It's funny b/c the regular enemies are so much tougher than the boss. Once I made it to the end it was a piece of cake. Now it's on to the desert...

Well, I beat Insane last night with two other high levels. Just need snow world and the ice castle for my trophy and gold skull. Now that there are more insane players out there, it's pretty easy to PUG and get it done.

Grabbed two randoms and finished the last levels I needed before soloing the final castle again. So people know, you can't get the You Are Insane trophy until you've cleared the entire map and then beat the final boss. Soon as he goes down it will pop.

So, anyone want to do volleyball for Social Networker lol?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='8bitArtist']well that time we played and i left cuz of my gf she 1. wanted sex and 2. i was playing a lot of video games that day before i started playing castle crashers.

but no, its not just having a girlfriend, its also painting/rock climbing/working/doing other things. if you choose video games over sex, then youre either a little kid or a complete nerd who should lose his man card. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thumbs up to this *with KWD in the background*

bread's done
Back