Castle Crashers - Out now!

So how much is this going to be and when do they update and add this to the PStore?

Wonder when amazon will start selling codes for it???

[quote name='Derrick1979']So how much is this going to be and when do they update and add this to the PStore?

Wonder when amazon will start selling codes for it???[/QUOTE]

$15. :cry:

[quote name='thelonepig']$15. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hey been awhile bud... $15 isnt bad because the game is awesome, but seeing this has been out so long would $10 hurt lol.

Never played it on 360 so me and a buddy are looking to do some online side scrolling brawling. Bought Scott Pilgrim but it would be nice to play online when friends aren't around.

[quote name='deadpool253']Never played it on 360 so me and a buddy are looking to do some online side scrolling brawling. Bought Scott Pilgrim but it would be nice to play online when friends aren't around.[/QUOTE]

Then you picked the right game for sure.

So I've seen screenshots of this before, but never cared since it was XBLA. Looks like a side-scroller of sorts; what does this compare to?

Anyone get this yet? Just started to try to play online but it's broken.. keep getting a generic "game session no longer available" when joining lobbies.
If I do private lobby, I tried to invite my friend and he can't join (same message) and if he tries to host I get the same message too.

I have it. I played online for a bit. I originally couldn't find any games, so I just created my own and it filled up fast. I played a bit of volleyball too, no problems finding a game there.

Finally got a game going with Zeeky, though I don thtink he was able to join my game, but when he hosted I was able to join.

I had a great time playing this game. It won't change your life, but it's worth it @ $15 if you have friends to play with. (I'd say it's worth $10 if you plan on playing solo)

is anyone else having trouble inviting friends to play? i keep getting game is no longer available when i try to join an invite and the same goes if my friends invite me.

[quote name='Jodou']So I've seen screenshots of this before, but never cared since it was XBLA. Looks like a side-scroller of sorts; what does this compare to?[/QUOTE]

Recent games it is like would include Scott Pilgrim. Its a side scroller beat-em up with multiplayer, so its like the old school Simpsons arcade game, or Double Dragon, or stuff like that.

$15 for all the DLC and that new mode is a steal for this game. Such great fun.

[quote name='Sinistar']Finally got a game going with Zeeky, though I don thtink he was able to join my game, but when he hosted I was able to join.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't join your game, but at least we were able to get some online play on my end. It was fun! Next time, let's see if we can get some CAGs to join us. :)

Really enjoyed the demo but I wish it had of come out at a different time. Spent $15 on Shank last week and this is very similar. Maybe I'll grab it in a few weeks...but then the big fall games will be here or close. Are the extra modes and online really fun?

[quote name='advanced']Recent games it is like would include Scott Pilgrim. Its a side scroller beat-em up with multiplayer, so its like the old school Simpsons arcade game, or Double Dragon, or stuff like that.

$15 for all the DLC and that new mode is a steal for this game. Such great fun.[/QUOTE]
You had me at Simpsons; done deal.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yeah, I couldn't join your game, but at least we were able to get some online play on my end. It was fun! Next time, let's see if we can get some CAGs to join us. :)[/QUOTE]

add me as a friend we can play sometime.. be patient of my newbness though lol

Does anyone know if this version can play 4 player co-op online? According to the PSNation podcast, the XBL version never was able to get 4 ppl playing online. Just wondering if that's true and if it's fixed on the PSN version.

I've had 4 people from different Playstations on at once several times. Of course, finding people to stay was another problem entirely.

Is it just me or is the difficulty toned down a bit? I remember the deer riding section being faster and the catfish fight being harder on the 360 version.

Is it just me or is maxed agility and bow & arrows super OP. I mean, I'm able to spam O and air juggle multiple enemies to death with ease. That combined with the speed to easily dodge a dog pile just makes the game feel hollow. When I was forced to sword n' board early in the game, it felt much more involved and timing was key. I tried shelving the bow for a bit to try and ramp up difficulty, but then it just became tedious killing stuff and much, much harder to progress.

The game just feels imbalanced and magic focused characters are pretty gimp considering their spells are incredibly weak compared to mana consumption. Missing with spells is punishing versus missing with melee/ranged, too. It's a fun game, but completely breaks down in challenge about mid-game. I'm hopeful the insane mode will remedy this, but I fear all that difficulty adds is more mob HP and damage output. :\

[quote name='Jodou']Is it just me or is maxed agility and bow & arrows super OP. I mean, I'm able to spam O and air juggle multiple enemies to death with ease. That combined with the speed to easily dodge a dog pile just makes the game feel hollow. When I was forced to sword n' board early in the game, it felt much more involved and timing was key. I tried shelving the bow for a bit to try and ramp up difficulty, but then it just became tedious killing stuff and much, much harder to progress.

The game just feels imbalanced and magic focused characters are pretty gimp considering their spells are incredibly weak compared to mana consumption. Missing with spells is punishing versus missing with melee/ranged, too. It's a fun game, but completely breaks down in challenge about mid-game. I'm hopeful the insane mode will remedy this, but I fear all that difficulty adds is more mob HP and damage output. :\[/QUOTE]

Normal is a joke.

Yeah, I love this great game, but I don't know how long does this game come to the end of the story? I will grab three online players to stick up together to beat this campaign someday. :)

[quote name='Jodou']Is it just me or is maxed agility and bow & arrows super OP. I mean, I'm able to spam O and air juggle multiple enemies to death with ease. That combined with the speed to easily dodge a dog pile just makes the game feel hollow. When I was forced to sword n' board early in the game, it felt much more involved and timing was key. I tried shelving the bow for a bit to try and ramp up difficulty, but then it just became tedious killing stuff and much, much harder to progress.

The game just feels imbalanced and magic focused characters are pretty gimp considering their spells are incredibly weak compared to mana consumption. Missing with spells is punishing versus missing with melee/ranged, too. It's a fun game, but completely breaks down in challenge about mid-game. I'm hopeful the insane mode will remedy this, but I fear all that difficulty adds is more mob HP and damage output. :\[/QUOTE]

I actually went through the whole game using only magic. I used green poison guy. It was pretty easy overall. I feel I had the upper hand in the boss fights though. They would go down super fast. Then again, this game is super easy. What upsets me is all hard mode does it give guys more hp. Boring.

[quote name='Theduck']I actually went through the whole game using only magic. I used green poison guy. It was pretty easy overall. I feel I had the upper hand in the boss fights though. They would go down super fast. Then again, this game is super easy. What upsets me is all hard mode does it give guys more hp. Boring.[/QUOTE]
Stale. I kinda figured that was all they'd do. It's a fun little game, but doesn't really stand up to players looking for a genuine challenge.

Its a good party game. My brothers loved playing it when they came over but it gets stale after the first playthrough . I mean sure I can go back through the game with one of the characters I unlocked. Overall not worth the 15 clams you shell out in my opinion. I am sure just link Shank most people will play it beat it have a good 4hrs then put it away.

[quote name='KingBroly']Is Alien in the PSN version?[/QUOTE]

yes, all character from the 360 version, including dlc, are included.

im looking for 2 players for insane mode playthrough. im red, my buddy is green. cant go through insane mode with just 2 people though.

[quote name='8bitArtist']yes considering its suggested to be in at least the 60s if you want to advance after the first few bosses[/QUOTE]
Wow, I was wondering what the level cap would be for this game but I'm already getting bored spamming O. That and I found out levels aren't shared between characters. No way I'd level multiple characters up that high just to play insane difficulty (read challenge).

Don't think I can recommend this game for $15; more like $5.

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, I was wondering what the level cap would be for this game but I'm already getting bored spamming O. That and I found out levels aren't shared between characters. No way I'd level multiple characters up that high just to play insane difficulty (read challenge).

Don't think I can recommend this game for $15; more like $5.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand you. You cry about using the bow but continue to use it.

[quote name='Bertyo']I don't understand you. You cry about using the bow but continue to use it.[/QUOTE]
It's stupid not to. I dumped all my points in agility and defense, so I'd just be gimping myself trying to melee or use magic. At the same token, when I start a new character it's seems foolish not to choose it again, because it is so brokenly OP. The game is also not balanced in a sense that enemies tend to dog pile, which makes it very difficult to do well in melee especially when some asshole like me is in the back just raining terror down by pressing one button lol.

I like to min/max and by far the highest hits/s (and DPS) is spamming a maxed agility bow. It just doesn't make sense NOT to use it sadly.

Also, sucks PSN users will never be able to power level alts for insane mode using this glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0ij4bE_Bk

bread's done
Back