Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) Thread

[quote name='imascrub']Unlocking SOTN was sucky for me. Kept dyin on the way up to the area while
trying to retain the axe subweapon
. Unlocking Rondo was not so much, but the
floating eye and the flying skull enemies totally sucked -_- . Especially the part where the fleamen are droppin down on those balls on the stairway up.
[/quote]
You can still unlock SotN without the axe. The cross works too.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I guess in this version of Sotn you have to buy the spells now in order to use them ?:/[/QUOTE]

No, you don't. The D-pad just sucks a D, so it's extremely difficult to use spells. But you don't have to buy spells.

This game's not so hard when you remove the pacifier from your mouth.

BABIZ

[quote name='Setzer']You can still unlock SotN without the axe. The cross works too.[/QUOTE]

or just use maria... her double jump is very useful

fuck mang Maria is hella broken.

Tha game aint even a challange with her! lol!

she's rockin the fuckin Dragon Zord and everything man!

i agree, the game becomes super easy with her, but at least she's useful to unlock sotn if you don't have a cross, axe, or get SUPER lucky with the whip...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Pfffft, unlock it yourself dude ;O

It's really not that hard :/

heh heh[/QUOTE]I believe it, but it more so has to do with time constraints at the moment. I just really want to play SotN on my PSP, but I wanted Rondo of Blood too.

As for the PSP D-pad, if someone has a PSP-2000, it's not a problem IMO.

[quote name='ashram']or just use maria... her double jump is very useful[/quote]

I think I tried with the cross but couldn't quite get it there (I think the cross is the one at the bottom of the stairs in the room right underneath). And I couldn't get lucky with the whip lol. Come to think of it I'm sure the triangle and holy water/cross/er...whatever else goes vertical would work. Didn't think of that though haha

Hadn't used Maria before that either and it was only later that I found out that she made Stage 4 much easier than with Richter lol.

[quote name='imascrub']I think I tried with the cross but couldn't quite get it there (I think the cross is the one at the bottom of the stairs in the room right underneath). And I couldn't get lucky with the whip lol. Come to think of it I'm sure the triangle and holy water/cross/er...whatever else goes vertical would work. Didn't think of that though haha

Hadn't used Maria before that either and it was only later that I found out that she made Stage 4 much easier than with Richter lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knocked it down with the holy book.

omg omg omg I just got this game yesterday. It's going to be tough, though. I can now appreciate that so many enemies from recent CV games are old DX:RoB bosses.

[quote name='pete5883']omg omg omg I just got this game yesterday. It's going to be tough, though. I can now appreciate that so many enemies from recent CV games are old DX:RoB bosses.[/QUOTE]
More like Konami is just lazy and reuse the same sprite over and over

I got it in the mail yesterday with my free Simon Pixel figure. The figure is not that bad; it's actually pretty cool. The game, however, is the bee's knees.

Two things regarding the unlockable Symphony and Chi no Rondo: Is it just me or does the framerate/game seem faster overall? It seems weird, even the lightning in the first stage strikes faster. And am I the only one that thought the original SOTN voice acting wasn't that bad? It's better than the new one IMO.

the original had terrible voice acting, yet it's awfully charming and classic lol

I actually haven't heard the new english dub yet so I can't really compare
-edit-
just heard it and I'm gonna have to say that I enjoy the original more lol. Good thing I have the PSN sotn download on the PSP too

Can I get vague hints on how to find the "maidens," in general? Does it always involve breaking walls? Can I ever hit something in the background? Will I ever need certain subweapons? Is there only one per level, less, or more?

the first one will involve breaking walls, the next one is more of a task...something to do with frogs. I've just unlocked two maidens so far, out of three total. Iris is cute.

[quote name='pete5883']Does Maria count as one of them?[/quote]
Nah, the last one isn't so obvious. Hint, it has to do with the area with the locked door/fake room and you'll hold onto a subweapon longer than accustomed to.

so i don't know why I'm asking this, but I've made it to Stage 7 so far, and from my previous posts have already let on that I've had a few "ok what the crap" moments. For those who've been in the same situation, and have gotten past me or beat the game, how intense or frequent do these "what the crap" moments become?

I just read up on how to rescue the third maiden in stage 7, and am already dreading the clock tower section. I hate any clock tower section in any castlevania game lol. Castlevania games tend to have lots of flying enemies comin at you at once in clock tower sections. Especially the bane of my capabilities the flying medusa heads...

The medusa heads aren't bad at all. The clock tower isn't bad at all. Thanks for the tips, now just to beat final Dracula...

fuck, got the bad ending.

quick question-- does beating the karate chicks who are locked in various rooms do anything but give you a ton of hearts?

More like Konami is just lazy and reuse the same sprite over and over

no kidding. it's like IGA hasn't made an original enemy since he took over.

[quote name='Apossum']fuck, got the bad ending.

quick question-- does beating the karate chicks who are locked in various rooms do anything but give you a ton of hearts?

no kidding. it's like IGA hasn't made an original enemy since he took over.[/quote]

Don't trip, we've all gotten the bad ending

As for the bruce lee succubus', they're just alternate bosses/enemies.

I am loving this game, well worth the full price of admission. I have always wanted to play Rondo since I first heard about it in the mid 90's. I really love the music to the original Rondo game. I spend a lot of time just in the sound test menu listening to the music to the original game. Truly, one of the most underappreciated video game soundtracks on these shores.

hey doods! if u never seen it, I found a pretty awesome site:

http://www.persona-world.net/cve/index.html

Castlevania Encyclopedia! it gots a lot of info including Rondo maps and a list of unlockables per stage!

also I donno how to get to stage 5'. I was playing in regular stage 4 and

I beat the boss with the lady walking back and forth and another lady with a skull flying thru the air... when I beat them some kinda ghost apparatus appeard at the end-level orb and when I grabbed it I went on to regular stage 5... how come??

edit: nevermind.. I read on gamefaqs board that to get to stage 5' you need to beat the boss in regular stage 5 first... I got to him already but died... and he's too hard without a subweapon!

Some of you all might be interested in this:

Castlevania SOTN Full Screen Patch

I want to emphasize a few things. This is stretching and not true widescreen support.

I have not tried this. Obviously, I'm not responsible for whatever happens to your PSP or game or whatever. I saw this posted, and I thought some of you might be interested in trying it out.

There is no patch for the original Rondo yet.

[quote name='JEKKI']hey doods! if u never seen it, I found a pretty awesome site:

http://www.persona-world.net/cve/index.html

Castlevania Encyclopedia! it gots a lot of info including Rondo maps and a list of unlockables per stage!

also I donno how to get to stage 5'. I was playing in regular stage 4 and

I beat the boss with the lady walking back and forth and another lady with a skull flying thru the air... when I beat them some kinda ghost apparatus appeard at the end-level orb and when I grabbed it I went on to regular stage 5... how come??

edit: nevermind.. I read on gamefaqs board that to get to stage 5' you need to beat the boss in regular stage 5 first... I got to him already but died... and he's too hard without a subweapon![/quote]

That same thing happened to me and I had no idea how to get to 5'. I beat the normal boss first, and then replayed and beat the second boss, but I still wasn't able to get to 5'. Since then I got the first two maidens to break down red skull walls and the ice crystal wall, and I also took the upper path in stage 4 (the one where you need to kill the fleaman sitting on the switch to bring down the stairs). That's the path where you gott jump onto pillars across spikes while killing the floating eye enemies and stuff. Somehow after that I went through the rest of the stage normally and fought the boss with the lady walking back and forth again, and this time I made it to 5'.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Does anyone know if/how to get the fairy to sing to you while your kickin it in a chair?
Just wanted to see this for myself :p[/quote]

Hmm what's this all about?

Also this isn't that big of a deal, but I just found out today that with Maria, you can slide across the floor (down + jump), and also do a special move that doesn't use any hearts, and is pretty dang strong (Up, down, left/right + attack. It's the same as if doing Richter's air dash move in sotn). Does Richter in Rondo of Blood get the moves that he has in sotn and subsequent Castlevania games? (the air dash move, quick sliding, and in Portrait of Ruin he had this multiple hit kick combo too that I never knew about previously).

[quote name='opportunity777']Some of you all might be interested in this:

Castlevania SOTN Full Screen Patch

I want to emphasize a few things. This is stretching and not true widescreen support.

I have not tried this. Obviously, I'm not responsible for whatever happens to your PSP or game or whatever. I saw this posted, and I thought some of you might be interested in trying it out.

There is no patch for the original Rondo yet.[/QUOTE]
I posted the same thing a few post up :p While it is stretched so does just about every PSOne to PSP port.

Here is a screen shot so you can see for yourself
http://exophase.com/images/misc/snap016.jpg

[quote name='62t']I posted the same thing a few post up :p While it is stretched so does just about every PSOne to PSP port.

Here is a screen shot so you can see for yourself
http://exophase.com/images/misc/snap016.jpg[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad :)

I didn't see it, so that's why I posted it. I've been really tired lately. I just deleted mine.

I always use the full screen option in pops. I don't care if it looks disproportioned. My eyes get tired, so it makes it easier to see everything.

whoo whooo~!! I beat all the stages w/ Richter!

now I gotta go back n beat them w/ Maria, and also save all the girls so I can get the good ending.

and I can beat the ghost of SHAFT!

he's a bad motha-- shut yo mouth!!!

I'm jus talkin about Shaft??! ah, we can dig it!!

ANYWAYS!

did anybody see MARIA'S SECRET MOVE?!?!

it is very powerful, takes no hearts to use and can be used anytime (when your feet are on the ground that is)

the drawback is that she is immobile during the duration of the move.

the input is: Up, Down, Down-Right, Right, attack (exchange right for left if facing left)

check it out!

I discovered the move while watching the boss videos... they have been uploaded onto Castlevania Encyclopedia.

you can download them and watch, I already beat all the bosses so it's not like I cheated.

[quote name='JEKKI']did anybody see MARIA'S SECRET MOVE?!?!

it is very powerful, takes no hearts to use and can be used anytime (when your feet are on the ground that is)

the drawback is that she is immobile during the duration of the move.

the input is: Up, Down, Down-Right, Right, attack (exchange right for left if facing left)

check it out!
[/quote]

Yup actually I posted that a few posts back on the previous page. And it does work in the air.

I seriously like the PSP. Between Lumines, Darkstalkers, MG Portable Ops, and now Castlevania, I use my new slim every day. I hope the quality titles keep coming.

Castlevania brings me back to the my days playing NES and SNES. I hope that Konami decides to do a remake of Castlevania 3. I haven't played it in so long and I would love to see it get the 2.5D treatment. They can include the three NES CV games, the Gameboy titles, Bloodlines, and Super Castlevania as unlockable extras... maybe I am asking too much...

[quote name='MadFlava']I seriously like the PSP. Between Lumines, Darkstalkers, MG Portable Ops, and now Castlevania, I use my new slim every day. I hope the quality titles keep coming.

Castlevania brings me back to the my days playing NES and SNES. I hope that Konami decides to do a remake of Castlevania 3. I haven't played it in so long and I would love to see it get the 2.5D treatment. They can include the three NES CV games, the Gameboy titles, Bloodlines, and Super Castlevania as unlockable extras... maybe I am asking too much...[/quote]
Oh man, Castlevania 3 was the one game I played so much but never beat. I think I got as far as the cursed ship stage (or maybe the one after that), but man, that was fun how you get to switch between characters. No one ever eclipsed the belmont dude though, at least for me.

A game like that would be awesome too, especially at the price point they released Chronicles at.

[quote name='imascrub']Yup actually I posted that a few posts back on the previous page. And it does work in the air.[/QUOTE]aw man really?? I searched the thread for the word "move" and didnt see it -_-

but I beat all the stages with Maria now!!

my PSP dropped to 4% battery so it's charging now (btw my battery depletes really fast for sum reason... I just charged it yesterday)

I'll try to rescue Terra before I sleep... I need to be studying but I keep playing this game instead.

I don't think I ever realized how lazy the design is in the reverse castle in SotN. There's just HP ups and Heart ups laying all over the place.

[quote name='pete5883']I don't think I ever realized how lazy the design is in the reverse castle in SotN. There's just HP ups and Heart ups laying all over the place.[/quote]

Same here. I'm in there now with just Drac and "that guy that's the real last boss" left to fight. It's like the Castle barfed up all the left over evil and items to the reverse castle. And then there's the lack of distinctive music for each area and how you slowly stop getting experience points from enemies (everything goes to 1 exp. point), which doesn't help. So it's not a very fun castle to play in. But it does have the Rune and Vorpal swords!!!

But it's not as bad as Potrait of Ruin's 'remixed' stages. That shit is fucking terrible.

Hot damn, after 12 or so tries I finally finished off the Drakey for the good ending. I was kinda expecting something extra after that :whistle2:k

Edit: The alternate stage 5' boss is annoying >.>

5' boss is hella easy!! the stage itself is a beeyotch!!

I swear the game is a cakewalk now after spending a good amount of my day yesterday playing that stage.

I got all the girls and beat the game w/ Richter... I'm at 80% completion now.

I took 3 days vacation from work and all I've been doing is playing this and Accent Core

[quote name='JEKKI']5' boss is hella easy!! the stage itself is a beeyotch!!

I swear the game is a cakewalk now after spending a good amount of my day yesterday playing that stage.

I got all the girls and beat the game w/ Richter... I'm at 80% completion now.

I took 3 days vacation from work and all I've been doing is playing this and Accent Core[/quote]

Which boss did you fight??? There's two of em' on the alternate stage.

One is the succubus (Easy, don't even take a hit) and the other is this two-part boss fight against some kinda snake/dragon type thing which I'm having a hard time against :/, which on the way, you also have to fight two Final Guards which ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS in avoiding a hit. I get past the first form of the boss fine, but once I have to deal with the second portion, it takes forever and I end up not lasting long :/

Oh thanks for reminding me that I hadn't beat that boss yet. Yeah he's a bitch. Final Guards plus that nasty two part boss = rape. Unlike on stage 5 with easy ass armors (although that crazy painting and it's one hit kill shit....) and pretty lame (but cool looking) Death, 5' is like the real last level and last boss.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Oh thanks for reminding me that I hadn't beat that boss yet. Yeah he's a bitch. Final Guards plus that nasty two part boss = rape. Unlike on stage 5 with easy ass armors (although that crazy painting and it's one hit kill shit....) and pretty lame (but cool looking) Death, 5' is like the real last level and last boss.[/quote]

That boss is giving me more problems than the final boss fight...

I was surprised that the painting was a one-hit kill lol, the first time it got me I was like wtf?!?, was my health that low?? Then I figured it out and was like screw that! It's pretty easy to kill though.

damn I am gettin reamed by dracula after gettin all the girls lol. I thought finally I was getting his patterns down after like 8 deaths in a row, then when he's at like 1/4 health left he starts pulling new crap and throws me off guard lol

-edit-
woohoo...i did it finally. Is it me or was that more trouble than it was worth? lol

anybody know in the second to last level (the level right before dracula) how you get past that bunch of iron doors that open by a switch? It's at the top of some stairs at one point in the level. You step on the switch and they all open, but close quickly one after the other. The farthest I was able to get was past the second door, but by that time the third door is already almost closed and I can't get under it.

I think they could've at least put some kind of nice gallery of Ayami Kojima stuff or something lol. Get a good look at some of the cute maidens maybe ;)

[quote name='imascrub']anybody know in the second to last level (the level right before dracula) how you get past that bunch of iron doors that open by a switch? It's at the top of some stairs at one point in the level. You step on the switch and they all open, but close quickly one after the other. The farthest I was able to get was past the second door, but by that time the third door is already almost closed and I can't get under it.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing Item Crush with a stopwatch, but I can't seem to get there with a stopwatch.

I'm STILL waiting on my preorder of this game from Family Video. It shipped October 25th. I know media mail can take awhile (although usually it only takes about a week or less) Has it been long enough that I should call FV?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Which boss did you fight??? There's two of em' on the alternate stage.

One is the succubus (Easy, don't even take a hit) and the other is this two-part boss fight against some kinda snake/dragon type thing which I'm having a hard time against :/, which on the way, you also have to fight two Final Guards which ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS in avoiding a hit. I get past the first form of the boss fine, but once I have to deal with the second portion, it takes forever and I end up not lasting long :/[/QUOTE]there's only one boss for Stage 5'! Hydra!

succubus is the boss u fight to get to stage 5' (i.e. she is the stage 4 secret boss)

also u dont even have to fight those two guards! since both paths of the stage lead to the same boss, I take the lower path... but to beat that mid-boss I used the stopwatch and wailed on them when they were slowed down.

with that said, that is what makes Hydra so easy... even with 3 heads it moves sloooooooooooow...

you dont even have to attack two of the heads (the fire one and the one that swings around) since theyre so easy to avoid.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm guessing Item Crush with a stopwatch, but I can't seem to get there with a stopwatch.[/QUOTE]correct!

you can find the stopwatch in the area where you save Annette. (you need to have already saved her, becoz if you havent then you cannot re-enter that room)

and stopwatch crash consumes 30 hearts. There is also another stage where you need to do this to obtain an item.

yup I just did it actually haha. First time I used the stopwatch after I pressed the button..ugh...had to go through that all over again. I'd only used the stopwatch once before that lol. I used the normal stopwatch during the fight with Death, but he was still moving around like normal so I have no idea how it works lol. Does it stop everything on screen with the crush? What about normal use?

It's a lot of work for a music item lol

bread's done
Back