Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this game pretty good? If so, I guess I know which direction I'll be headed for dinner.

Fry's ad is also saying they will match any Internet price now, so that could be good for other stuff too.

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

In some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace or Merchant sellers. "

that's from their website...i've never tried to PM anything with them so dunno the success rate. let me know though if someone is successful. i'd like to get a copy myself if possible! :)

I wish they would add shipping options to the PS3 version. Oh well it looks like this game along with a bunch of others are heading to the $19.99 and under price heap. :bouncy:

I bought the collectors edition at the Amazon year end sale... Regardless, great deal, people should check it out.

Thanks OP got one for instore pickup.

BTW - has Amazon ever PMd Fry's. I thought they wouldn't because there are so few stores.
I would prefer to get it from Amazon, Fry's isn't exactly my favorite store.

I am completely on the fence about this. I know that Gamefly will eventually have it lower (although used), so I think I'm gonna wait.

Edit: Eh, I decided to bite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']Worst I will do is a buy a newspaper and attempt to PM this as driving kills the deal for me...[/QUOTE]
If the margin is that small, then it's probably not that much of a deal. ;) It's on the cusp for me if Amazon manages to price-match.

[quote name='sadboy']If the margin is that small, then it's probably not that much of a deal. ;) It's on the cusp for me if Amazon manages to price-match.[/QUOTE]

The local frys is actually 18 miles within me, so I'm better of PM

Awesome! Just got back from a PM at Best Buy (if you don't have an ad, its on page 7 I think of the on-line ad, under Hot Weekly Deals or whatever) Took the PS3 version up to the CS counter, had a smoking hot clerk (about 5'11", skinny, dirty blonde shorter hair, h-o-t) While waiting for the manager to show up, started schmoozing with her and when the manager walked away, pulled out the 12% coupon PDF on my phone and asked her nicely if she could scan it. She didn't even give me a line like it was against the rules, hit total, and it worked!! (YMMV as always) Then laid down $15 in RZ certs and by the end, she said 'pretty good deal!' I just smiled and thanked her, knowing what the better deal would have been ;)

Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that. And also, this is one of dem games where the back has french (and even a third language) plastered all over it. It does say it runs in 1080p for the PS3 which is always nice to see after so many games that don't..Thanks again joker!!

[quote name='CaoPi']The local frys is actually 18 miles within me, so I'm better of PM[/QUOTE]

Seriously, you consider 18 miles a long drive? I drive that far each WAY to get to work every day. 18 miles or 36 roundtrip is about 1 gallon of gas. If $3-$4 for a gallon of gas breaks a deal for you, you may need to stop your gaming hobby and save the money for food/shelter.

BTW, the above is in jest, please dont take offense. :D

[quote name='wrencrest']BTW, the above is in jest, please dont take offense. :D[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd..srsly, you can't sit back and wait for these e-tailers to give you the best deals. sure there are a ton, but B&M price mistakes, PMing and clearance prices always make for some nice finds! I drove 85 miles in one day just to acquire penny guides. No big deal..

[quote name='token2k6']Awesome! Just got back from a PM at Best Buy (if you don't have an ad, its on page 7 I think of the on-line ad, under Hot Weekly Deals or whatever) Took the PS3 version up to the CS counter, had a smoking hot clerk (about 5'11", skinny, dirty blonde shorter hair, h-o-t) While waiting for the manager to show up, started schmoozing with her and when the manager walked away, pulled out the 12% coupon PDF on my phone and asked her nicely if she could scan it. She didn't even give me a line like it was against the rules, hit total, and it worked!! (YMMV as always) Then laid down $15 in RZ certs and by the end, she said 'pretty good deal!' I just smiled and thanked her, knowing what the better deal would have been ;)

Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that. And also, this is one of dem games where the back has french (and even a third language) plastered all over it. It does say it runs in 1080p for the PS3 which is always nice to see after so many games that don't..Thanks again joker!![/QUOTE]

Better luck than me. In a similar scenario I had an older, shorter and not-so-attractive lady tell me that such an act was considered 'double-dipping' and not allowed. :(

[quote name='PikaPichu']Better luck than me. In a similar scenario I had an older, shorter and not-so-attractive lady tell me that such an act was considered 'double-dipping' and not allowed. :([/QUOTE]

But did you schmooze her? Tell her your into hobbits? Did you seriously try your best?

[quote name='PikaPichu']Better luck than me. In a similar scenario I had an older, shorter and not-so-attractive lady tell me that such an act was considered 'double-dipping' and not allowed. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='WormFOODx']But did you schmooze her? Tell her your into hobbits? Did you seriously try your best?[/QUOTE]

aww, don't give him a hard time. I just had the luck of the draw I guess. And schmoozing may not always seal the deal, but it helps! :D ;)

[quote name='jmeredi']Sent a PM to Amazon. Is it possible to get the 360 version and take it un-opened to Walmart and switch for the PS3 version? Haven't pulled the old switcharoo at WM for awhile, not sure how strict they've gotten.[/QUOTE]

Why the heck would you do that, just sent a PM to Amazon for the PS3 version then, not the 360.

[quote name='token2k6']Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that.[/QUOTE]

That is Best Buy's exclusive for Castlevania. Your story has inspired me to try to get BBuy to match it as well for this reason.

[quote name='DPsycho']That is Best Buy's exclusive for Castlevania. Your story has inspired me to try to get BBuy to match it as well for this reason.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah dude! thats why I wanted put that out here ASAP when I got back from lunch. I haven't redeemed the code yet, nor checked for an expiration date, but I'm sure its all good.

[quote name='wrencrest']Seriously, you consider 18 miles a long drive? I drive that far each WAY to get to work every day. 18 miles or 36 roundtrip is about 1 gallon of gas. If $3-$4 for a gallon of gas breaks a deal for you, you may need to stop your gaming hobby and save the money for food/shelter.

BTW, the above is in jest, please dont take offense. :D[/QUOTE]

every penny counts ;)

I would normally bite but I have 10 games I just put in my backlog this past holliday and will never get to this game. But it is very tempting!

Well fuck, they'll only hold it until Tuesday and I don't arrive til Friday. Oh wells. At least I got the XBox 360 version to play (but someone said that the PS3 version is "superior", so I got it)

Just bought the last copy of the PS3 version from the store on Hamilton in Campbell,CA. There still a ton of copies for the 360 though.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']I would normally bite but I have 10 games I just put in my backlog this past holliday and will never get to this game. But it is very tempting![/QUOTE]
You must sink your teeth into it, like your fanged vampiric brethren... Hssss!!!

[quote name='token2k6']Awesome! Just got back from a PM at Best Buy (if you don't have an ad, its on page 7 I think of the on-line ad, under Hot Weekly Deals or whatever) Took the PS3 version up to the CS counter, had a smoking hot clerk (about 5'11", skinny, dirty blonde shorter hair, h-o-t) While waiting for the manager to show up, started schmoozing with her and when the manager walked away, pulled out the 12% coupon PDF on my phone and asked her nicely if she could scan it. She didn't even give me a line like it was against the rules, hit total, and it worked!! (YMMV as always) Then laid down $15 in RZ certs and by the end, she said 'pretty good deal!' I just smiled and thanked her, knowing what the better deal would have been ;)

Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that. And also, this is one of dem games where the back has french (and even a third language) plastered all over it. It does say it runs in 1080p for the PS3 which is always nice to see after so many games that don't..Thanks again joker!![/QUOTE]

great story. too bad you walked away with a game and not the girl.

[quote name='RandyTsai']great story. too bad you walked away with a game and not the girl.[/QUOTE]

Great price, but would rather wait it out for the 360 CE version to drop to a reasonable price.

Amazon hasn't dropped the price yet, but they did lower the trade in value from $25 to $20 in the last hour

[quote name='KotnmthKng']Amazon hasn't dropped the price yet, but they did lower the trade in value from $25 to $20 in the last hour[/QUOTE]
Well, at least they're listening.

[quote name='thaima1shu']Price matched at Best Buy. Thanks for the heads up on the Best Buy exclusive.[/QUOTE]

you guys know the exact details to best buy pm? last time i tried to the associate said they can only pm neighboring stores

[quote name='jokoloko']Hey guys what are the chances of amazon price matching this? Has amazon price match frys before?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't match Fry's, but you never know.

Oh I got excited for nothing. I was waiting for this game to become a deal although I have no Fry's near me so there goes that. Lol thx anyyways.

Boo. I just bought the PS3 version from Amazon and it came yesterday. Wonder if they'd PM the difference if I threatened to return my copy? Hmm..

[quote name='Bioterror']For the people who pricematched did you just print out the ad on the fry's website?[/QUOTE]

I didn't print out anything. I went in, brought the game up to the customer service desk, said 'I forgot to print out the ad, but was wondering if you would price match this.' Told her it was Frys, she went to the computer and I guess she went to check the website or something. Not really sure. Came back, confirmed it was $19.99 and I was good.

[quote name='dejeckt']you guys know the exact details to best buy pm? last time i tried to the associate said they can only pm neighboring stores[/QUOTE]

The only Fry's here is about 22 miles away from the Best Buy I went to, so not sure what their policy is. It just depends on who you get at the counter I think.

Alright got this PM at best buy for $19.99 with a printed fry's website ad for the PS3, which shows it is an instore price for Fry's and not just online. After my $5 reward zone certificate I got the game for $16.30 after taxes, plus I got the Castlevania SOTN download game bonus like someone else metioned. Thanks joker for the heads up. Man what a good way to start the new year with a good deal. Game still selling for $59.99 at best buy plus the included SOTN game bonus which I think normaly sells on psn for $15, makes this around a $75 value for $19.99. Get them while you can boys cause this deal is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back