Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pco45']I'll probably check out fry's later and see if any of the regular ones (if they even have any more) have the SotN download, SotN is the difference between getting it now or waiting til the game is $10 later on.[/QUOTE]

The SotN download code is a Best Buy exclusive, although I may have seen mention of it as some other place's pre-order bonus as well. It's highly unlikely that you'll find one with SotN included at any place other than BB.

[quote name='DPsycho']I love how this thread is primarily about getting Best Buy to price match. We are truly CAGs in that we recognize the true potential of getting the SotN download and edition upgrade in favor of patronizing the store that introduced the promotion. March on, fellow CAGs, march on.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely...I couldn't find an ad so I ordered for in stock pick up at fry's, then bought the game at fry's. I went to the BB that told me an ad printed online wouldn't work and used the printed ad and receipt as proof of purchase to get LoS+SOTN at BB. I then returned the original to fry's.

This all despite the fact that I have 4600+ live points on my xbox and nothing to spend them on. CAG all the way.

[quote name='Muroso']haven't even gave my email account dumbass. yup that's good then just stfu. CAG members give away free stuff? wow. really? so what do you have for me then? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I've given away extra games to fellow CAG's like Half-Life 2, etc. But only to REAL CAG's. Not little douchebags like you. I see you not only troll and annoy me...but you've apparently annoyed and trolled a whole hell of a lot of people here.

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're Fire Thief. If not, then congratulations for one-upping one of the biggest morons to ever disgrace this site.

You deserve no less than a jack-booted mud-stomping...but a nice perma-ban will do nicely as well.

Now I know why they call it Worst Buy. Went with the scanned ad and the online page 7 ad. Turned down by the cashier manager for the override and then customer service for not having the "actual physical ad" even though it says in-store price.

And the douchebags refused to look it up online either. Saying they couldn't go online lol. Final nail in the coffin was when she said she can call the manager but "she'll tell u the same thing." By that point I was so annoyed at their bs that I drove straight to Fry's down the street and happily gave them the $22.

Now to tear up my rewards zone card. :)

I think because this price is an exception to the rule so to speak and way below the current market price. Maybe they don't wanna match just one non-national chain and they're still selling them at their current $39 price.

[quote name='lemonydill']I think because this price is an exception to the rule so to speak and way below the current market price. Maybe they don't wanna match just one non-national chain and they're still selling them at their current $39 price.[/QUOTE]

So it's okay for Amazon not to price match but not okay for Best Buy not to?

For those who have been trying to pricematch @ BB CALL before you make a trip. Get a name to confirm/buy in and then you @ least know what to expect. I wouldn't randomly spring this on a store in person...

amazon is aware of this deal. they greatly decreased the trade in value of it the first day of the frys sale.

[quote name='narec']amazon is aware of this deal. they greatly decreased the trade in value of it the first day of the frys sale.[/QUOTE]

that was probably because the shear number of people were trading in @ the 25 TIV with copies from FRY's, not from them knowing it was on sale.

Just scored the LE for $21.XX

I had no ad or print out. Just told the cashier that it's $19.99 at Frys. She called someone to verify the price online and confirm it was that price.

sd535159.jpg

sd535167.jpg

P.S. I gave my roommate my receipt and he was able to get it that price too.

He said Compton,CA has 1 LE left.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lemonydill']Now I know why they call it Worst Buy. Went with the scanned ad and the online page 7 ad. Turned down by the cashier manager for the override and then customer service for not having the "actual physical ad" even though it says in-store price.

And the douchebags refused to look it up online either. Saying they couldn't go online lol. Final nail in the coffin was when she said she can call the manager but "she'll tell u the same thing." By that point I was so annoyed at their bs that I drove straight to Fry's down the street and happily gave them the $22.

Now to tear up my rewards zone card. :)[/QUOTE]

You probably would have gotten the price match if you had the ad. I've never seen a FRY's but you could have driven to FRY, get the physical ad and price matched an LE w/ free SOTN dlc.

I'm in No VA and its absolutely killing me that they won't let em PM anything FRY's, especally since I have GC's.

BTW, any figured out how FRY's can sell them game at this price? It's been out 3 months and probably sells well.

You know Frank down at Best Buy Loss Prevention HQ is looking through all these $40 price overrides and wondering what the hell is going on.

Didn't think to try this on the LE, those are all sold out now. Oh well, I just wanted the game and SOTN, so it's all good.

I don't know if there is already a post for this bb location but I went to woodland hills, CA. bb with the weekly ad printout and product page printout and they refused to price match it even the manager refused....I told them to call frys or check there website site and they just said "no." loll even if I did have the actual ad and tried to get le the girl was a bitch and I probably wouldn't have got it

I went to bestbuy today to pick up the LE today. There were only two left for the PS3 and I grabbed just one. I was going to go to the customer service desk to price match the LE because I assumed that is where I had to go to get the price match but this huge nerd was behind the counter. I was 100% sure he would catch that it was the LE so I went to the normal checkout line. It was this teenage girl behind the counter. I showed the Fry's page on my phone and she grabbed my phone! She clicked on the Castlevania link and saw that it in fact $19.99. She then checked the inventory at the local Fry's, using my phone, and saw that it was available. So she began to price match but she needed to get a manager's approval. I thought to myself, damn soo close! But the manager just came and entered her password and left! After that it was smooth sailing.

Long story short... I got the LE PM'ed at best buy lol.

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']I don't know if there is already a post for this bb location but I went to woodland hills, CA. bb with the weekly ad printout and product page printout and they refused to price match it even the manager refused....I told them to call frys or check there website site and they just said "no." loll even if I did have the actual ad and tried to get le the girl was a bitch and I probably wouldn't have got it[/QUOTE]

LOL, dude..that was the same BB I was talking about. Might try Porter Ranch if I get a chance.

And to the other guy talking about Amazon, BB & Fry's are physical B&M stores and happen to be within a 1 mile radius in this city and they have a PM policy. Not saying Amazon is excluded but if other people at this forum are getting the LE for that price from one BB, the same should be possible at other locations, it being a national chain and all under that same policy.

Was just thinking out loud for possible reasons why, doesn't mean its set in stone. I love Amazon and it would be awesome if they PM'ed but wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't. The manager and reps @ that BB were being rude and acting as if they didn't even care about losing 2 customers...at least Amazon has good CS.

I can't believe I explained all that.

[quote name='lemonydill']LOL, dude..that was the same BB I was talking about. Might try Porter Ranch if I get a chance.

And to the other guy talking about Amazon, BB & Fry's are physical B&M stores and happen to be within a 1 mile radius in this city and they have a PM policy. Not saying Amazon is excluded but if other people at this forum are getting the LE for that price from one BB, the same should be possible at other locations, it being a national chain and all under that same policy.

Was just thinking out loud for possible reasons why, doesn't mean its set in stone. I love Amazon and it would be awesome if they PM'ed but wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't. The manager and reps @ that BB were being rude and acting as if they didn't even care about losing 2 customers...at least Amazon has good CS.

I can't believe I explained all that.[/QUOTE]

haha....I was getting pissed cause the manager took out their flyer and said "THIS IS WHAT A FLYER AD LOOKS LIKE" I actually said out loud "you guys are fucking stupid" and just left LOL

I was a porter ranch and northridge bb like two days ago looking for gran turismo 5 collectors lol but they didnt even have the castlevania le in stock just the standard just wanted to let you know if you were looking for the le

You are right about bb losing 2 customers me and you buddy lol especially woodland hills bb with there ugly rude bitches, porter ranch has some nice babes but woodland hills female employees are ugly and mean lol

[quote name='nixmahn']
BTW, any figured out how FRY's can sell them game at this price? It's been out 3 months and probably sells well.[/QUOTE]

Frys does this all the time, not just with games but other items too, where they will price something very much below market just to get customers into the store.

Went to BB yesterday and they didn't have any LEs in stock but picked up the regular for :ps3:. The b!@#$ at the checkout line wasn't liking me at all seeing as though she scanned a 1cent game guide for Kane & Lynch 2 (never seeing one before she had someone else also price check it - they went to their online site and couldn't find it there either.) Then I told her to PM CLoS and she started to then saw the price difference and sent me right over the customer service. I was glad to get away from her. I even tried talking to her and she wasn't having any of it. Ha. I should have just went straight to customer service in the first place. The girl there was really nice and called Fry's to verify. The CSR, a female manager, and I just chatted for a bit while she was on hold. Those girls were A LOT nicer. I got the game and guide and then left.

I'm really looking for a LE version so I'll be heading to another BB soon.

PS - Sorry for the unnecessary long story.

[quote name='Thongsy']Frys does this all the time, not just with games but other items too, where they will price something very much below market just to get customers into the store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they do loss leaders quite often. Or Bob ordered WAY too many of these for Fry's during the holiday season and realized they need to get rid of a bunch of them. Either way we win!

Was able to PM for the Limited Edition with an online printout from the Fry's product page; no issues just needed a manager override. There is a Fry's a few minutes away so I think that helped getting an easy price match :)

I don't shop at Fry's very often. I'd read people praising it as the best thing ever, but when they brought one to my area, it just didn't compare to other stores. Best Buy and Circuit City (bless your soul) always offered better deals on entertainment and Micro Center remains the best place(s) in the area to find computer components.

However, I still recall coming across one of their ads shortly after TLoZelda: Minish Cap came out with it at about half retail price, and I made the trip for that. I wonder what other game blowouts I've missed. Would likely have made the trip for this deal if Best Buy didn't have the SotN exclusive and PMing.

I used to work for CircuitCity and it was actually a fun job and they paid me pretty well for being a warehouse grunt. Since they've shut down, BestBuy has sucked ass for any great deals. With that said, Fry's, to me at least, doesn't consistently have great deals but when they do, they are typically worth it. I spent $20 of Lords of Shadow, it just came out in October at $60 - so to see it drop about 66% over 4 months is awesome. I'm just glad that I moved to an area where there are Fry's stores everywhere.

amazon currently has the 360 version for $26.99 FYI. don't believe it had been noted that it was that low yet. not a bad deal for those of us without a fry's nearby.

[quote name='FireWarrior']are they PMing newegg or something? i really want the PS3 version![/QUOTE]

They are PMing Newegg.

[quote name='pandarus']amazon currently has the 360 version for $26.99 FYI. don't believe it had been noted that it was that low yet. not a bad deal for those of us without a fry's nearby.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up. Just ordered my copy since I don't live near Fry's. Was waiting for this game to hit around $30.

Is the Symphony of the Night code universal ... ie it doesn't matter if you bought the ps3 version or the xbox ... the code is the same until you go to the website to redeem?

I ask b/c I have 3 for sale and want to know if I can list it as a general code? It's for ps3 if anyone cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back