Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, just walked 30 seconds down to Fry's, paid my twenty bucks, and walked 30 seconds back home.

Thanks OP.

I wouldn't be worry about stock, since my store had a side of the shelf completely dedicated to it. I'd say there was at least 50 ~ 75 copies easy. Makes me wonder if Konami is about to move a GOTY edition with the epilogue DLC out soon.

[quote name='ryanmassacre']I would normally bite but I have 10 games I just put in my backlog this past holliday and will never get to this game. But it is very tempting![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing this, but I probably have close to 75 games in my backlog now thanks to gamefly sales....I have to resist this one for now

[quote name='JQUEST79']Alright got this PM at best buy for $19.99 with a printed fry's website ad for the PS3, which shows it is an instore price for Fry's and not just online. After my $5 reward zone certificate I got the game for $16.30 after taxes, plus I got the Castlevania SOTN download game bonus like someone else metioned. Thanks joker for the heads up. Man what a good way to start the new year with a good deal. Game still selling for $59.99 at best buy plus the included SOTN game bonus which I think normaly sells on psn for $15, makes this around a $75 value for $19.99. Get them while you can boys cause this deal is hot.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the info

[quote name='token2k6']Awesome! Just got back from a PM at Best Buy (if you don't have an ad, its on page 7 I think of the on-line ad, under Hot Weekly Deals or whatever) Took the PS3 version up to the CS counter, had a smoking hot clerk (about 5'11", skinny, dirty blonde shorter hair, h-o-t) While waiting for the manager to show up, started schmoozing with her and when the manager walked away, pulled out the 12% coupon PDF on my phone and asked her nicely if she could scan it. She didn't even give me a line like it was against the rules, hit total, and it worked!! (YMMV as always) Then laid down $15 in RZ certs and by the end, she said 'pretty good deal!' I just smiled and thanked her, knowing what the better deal would have been ;)

Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker on there for a free code to DL Symphony of Night from the Konami website! Not sure if this was a BB exclusive, or if every copy has it, but I guess look out for a little sticker like that. And also, this is one of dem games where the back has french (and even a third language) plastered all over it. It does say it runs in 1080p for the PS3 which is always nice to see after so many games that don't..Thanks again joker!![/QUOTE]

You are welcome sir and you know your a having a good day when you get a PM plus a little more off and have a hot little mami helping you out,Token I wouldve drove off playing Ice Cube's today was a good day lmao

Btw I'm glad to hear some are getting in on the deal and sorry to most who was hoping Amazon would PM

[quote name='jjmai']Does BB still price match and give you extra 10% of the difference when you do it after the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Don't think they've done that since CC went under.

after Target denying the PM I was pressing my luck, they gave me some bull like the REgular price is $39.99 so they would only PM for $40, PM it at Walmart and picked up the guide for $9 woot!

[quote name='Bioterror']thank you for the info[/QUOTE]

No problem and man just ended up getting an additional 250pts for my BB Reward zone. I tried to enter my $16.30 for points but it got rejected. I tried again and it was saying it was in valid, so i called customer service and explained the situation. The lady helping me said she was giving 250 points for my troubles which basicly gives me another $5 reward certificate. Man definately a good day.:D

[quote name='token2k6']
Walking out of the store, noticed a little sticker [/QUOTE]
This..that right here is bothering me

i was expecting something like "...a little sticker which had 10 number digits printed with pen. i think it was her number..."

i was bracing but i was disappointed

Are the BB PM's only those in the vicinity of Fry's? I'm in VA and there are no Fry's here, and I've been told before they only PM stores with B&M within 50 mi radius.

Any input would be appreciated.

Bought this game from Amazon on release (w/ bonus $20 GC) and it remains one of my best purchases from 2010.

The game is awesome. Whether you're a long-time or casual CS fan (or new to the series....somehow) this is a well-made and fun-as-hell game. The gameplay is great, the visuals and production values are outstanding, and is a game where you get your money's worth...even more so at $20.

Not to mention there are two DLC (actual gameplay-based storylined adventure) packs coming this year, Reverie and Resurrection (the latter fleshing out the main game ending).

For $20, this is a no-brainer.

Just got Castlevania from Best Buy price matched (I think I picked up the last copy for PS3 the Best Buy on Sunrise & Greenback in Sacramento/Citrus Heights?), and it also had the Castlevania SOTN code. I wonder if I can sell/trade the code.

Side note: Why does bestbuy have a literally have a ton of Call of Duty Black Ops copies. I needed to dig through black ops to find castlevania.

[quote name='jjgomez423']Are the BB PM's only those in the vicinity of Fry's? I'm in VA and there are no Fry's here, and I've been told before they only PM stores with B&M within 50 mi radius.

Any input would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I PM'd at 2 BBs today in order to get a 360 and PS3 version; both are near a Fry's. "Fry's" comes up on their screen as a competitor that they can match. I assume if you don't have a Fry's nearby it may not show up as an option for PM. One store went online to verify it was in stock at the local Fry's before they would PM.

My thought is that if you don't have a Fry's nearby and it's not available online you may have a hard time getting it PM'd at BB. However, it doesn't hurt to try - the worst they can do is say no.

Went to BB to price match with printed ad in hand and they refused to price match. Went to Fry's to pick it up and they were out.

Figured I would just pick up an ad to take and price match. 5 different Fry' employees tell me they have no ads in store, only the one hanging on the wall (behind glass.)

Leave it to Fry's and BB to pretty much ruin my day.

Awesome price, thanks for the heads up! I did In-Store pickup during my lunch break. The only thing that sucks is that Gamefly JUST shipped this to me this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Fry's near to your location, just click on the link and check for availability and order it tru Store Pickup, youll get it for $19.99 ,, i checked their actual store price and its $39.99.

Amazon has:

Red Dead Redemption is $22.99
CAll of Duty MW2 New is $19.99

[quote name='dejeckt']Just got Castlevania from Best Buy price matched (I think I picked up the last copy for PS3 the Best Buy on Sunrise & Greenback in Sacramento/Citrus Heights?), and it also had the Castlevania SOTN code. I wonder if I can sell/trade the code.

Side note: Why does bestbuy have a literally have a ton of Call of Duty Black Ops copies. I needed to dig through black ops to find castlevania.[/QUOTE]

Dang it, I was just about to go to that store.

[quote name='jjmai']Dang it, I was just about to go to that store.[/QUOTE]

Elk Grove is also out of PS3 copies just a heads up for any local gamers

Thanks OP my local BB pricematched and I've never seen a FRY's in my life. 2day was a good day!

[quote name='vrblknch']Thjanks OP my local BB pricematched and I've never seen a FRY's in my life. 2day was a good day![/QUOTE]

No FRY's in Northern VA, so they don't PM, I've tried 2 BB stores and no luck.

[quote name='jjgomez423']Are the BB PM's only those in the vicinity of Fry's? I'm in VA and there are no Fry's here, and I've been told before they only PM stores with B&M within 50 mi radius.

Any input would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
i'm in oklahoma and i got it pm at best buy and got the limited edition

[quote name='nixmahn']No FRY's in Northern VA, so they don't PM, I've tried 2 BB stores and no luck.[/QUOTE]

I'm also in NoVA. Which BB's did you try? I saw someone else here had PM'd in another state that does not have Fry's. So I suppose it's still possible given the right person.

Thanks.

[quote name='mason6799']i'm in oklahoma and i got it pm and got the limited edition[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mason. I may just give it a go. Like someone said, the worst thing is they say no. Glad to hear you got yours PM'd :)

Nice mention on the BB exclusive soundtrack -- I'll have to swing by them on my way to Frys again tomorrow (to strike on this deal again).

I picked two copies (360 & PS3) this afternoon at my local Frys, actually reserved them ahead of time to make sure I didn't miss out. There were about 40 copies of each on the shelves, so I might be in luck tomorrow morning.

*Note: The website (and the ad scan, maybe?) mention "limit 1 per household"

thanks jjgomez, i told them that i didn't have the physical ad but i could pull it up on my phone. showed them the ad and showed them that the 360 version was the same price and i got it pmed

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Nice mention on the BB exclusive soundtrack[/QUOTE]

Soundtrack? or do you mean Symphony of the Night? I will kinda like a soundtrack since I own SOTN already.

There sure are a lot of Boston sports fans around the country. Got me all excited there for a sec wondering where is there a Frys nearby. Was hoping to snag a copy at that price.

[quote name='jjgomez423']I'm also in NoVA. Which BB's did you try? I saw someone else here had PM'd in another state that does not have Fry's. So I suppose it's still possible given the right person.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Baileys Crossroads and Landmark

[quote name='CaoPi']they gave me some bull like the REgular price is $39.99 so they would only PM for $40[/QUOTE]

Had to hear similar bs when I did BV pricematch. I stood my ground and the girl did eventually give it to me for $19.99 but she acted like she was doing me a favor or something. Kind of annoying, because there's a Frys within 8 or so miles who had the game in stock in store (she made sure to check the Frys price online instead of just trusting my website prinout, checked that the deal was for in-store and not just online, and that it was in stock... totally by the book). Wouldn't let me use the 10% discount coupon of course (got the "double dipping" excuse as I think someone else mentioned), but I don't care. Still got a really sweet deal.

Anyway, got it in the end, so I'm happy. Complete with SOTN voucher. Already entered it at Konami's site, got a PSN code for d/loading the game. Nice!

Nabbed the last PS3 copy from Fry's Dallas... and one left for Xbox 360. I don't know if they set more out over the weekend, but I wouldn't go in blind looking for a copy on Saturday...

I'll trade a PS3 DC Universe Online Beta code for a SOTN code for those getting a price match at Best Buy - if interested PM me :)

[quote name='xDisciplex']I'll trade a PS3 DC Universe Online Beta code for a SOTN code for those getting a price match at Best Buy - if interested PM me :)[/QUOTE]

Um ya, didn't that end last week?

[quote name='xDisciplex']I'll trade a PS3 DC Universe Online Beta code for a SOTN code for those getting a price match at Best Buy - if interested PM me :)[/QUOTE]

Beta ended on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back