Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Say has anyone found any other Records? I know you can find the 5th one at the shop.[/QUOTE]

I found one in the nest

[quote name='Kendal']So I beat Nation of Fools. I loaded up on healing and MP restoring items. If anyone needs money, I found a glitch to get unlimited Quest Items. Talk to Wind, once you move the cursor over your completed quest, press the A button twice, when you hear the item chime, hit start. rinse and repeat as many times as you want. Blessed Rings sell for $12,500. Just a little heads up.[/quote]

[quote name='Roufuss']The Blessed Ring glitch is AWESOME.... I just got enough for two Master Ring's and everything else in the shop.

For those who don't know, complete the quest where you have to be cursed and then talk to Wind, hit a once to complete the quest, a again to get the blessed ring, then hit start to go back to the game.

Talk to Wind again, and you can finish the quest AGAIN and keep getting Blessed Rings.

The rings sell for 12,500 in the shop.[/quote]
I think they sell for 40k online. I am going to set up shop later.

Oh yeah, the sisters are kicking my ass at level 30ish. I need a better sword.

[quote name='Kendal']I think they sell for 40k online. I am going to set up shop later.

Oh yeah, the sisters are kicking my ass at level 30ish. I need a better sword.[/QUOTE]

I destroyed the sisters with the holy claymore at level 27.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']abaddon, the guy with the cane[/QUOTE]
So I have to fight him..again. At least he isn't that hard this time around. The stonewall stance made the fight much easier.

What enemies carry cards? There's the five-card gathering quest, and I've only seen Hearts (Succubus, I think) and Diamonds (chicks who get shot out of cannons in the sideways/upside down world). I figured if I just got five cards total I'd be in, but you apparently need five *different* cards.

[quote name='Roufuss']I destroyed the sisters with the holy claymore at level 27.[/QUOTE]
I thought the sisters were too easy. I just used that homing whip on them. It took me a few tries to beat one of them alone. So you would think fighting 2 of them would be much harder...

And Lee, go check over at gamefaqs. There is a Quest Guide up you can use to find those cards.

[quote name='ViolentLee']What enemies carry cards? There's the five-card gathering quest, and I've only seen Hearts (Succubus, I think) and Diamonds (chicks who get shot out of cannons in the sideways/upside down world). I figured if I just got five cards total I'd be in, but you apparently need five *different* cards.[/QUOTE]

one is the Clown, another is the nurse with needle

Is anyone else having problems with the game freezing? Mine has froze twice already, and alot of people at GameFAQ's are bitching about it too.

I haven't had mine freeze yet. I also beat the sisters.

I used the Sanctuary spell on them. That instantly killed them!

Now I am tring to unlock the power of the whip. That is a tough fight. This game is so much fun. It is going to be tough to 100% it. I hope to finish it soon. I have a few DS games coming and I have to play FFIII.

[quote name='Kendal']I haven't had mine freeze yet. I also beat the sisters.

I used the Sanctuary spell on them. That instantly killed them!

Now I am tring to unlock the power of the whip. That is a tough fight. This game is so much fun. It is going to be tough to 100% it. I hope to finish it soon. I have a few DS games coming and I have to play FFIII.[/QUOTE]

That is what you're supposed to do in that fight... if you do it any other way you get the "Bad" ending.

I had to look up on GameFAQ's what the hell I was supposed to do because I was stumped for about 30 minutes.

The glitch is fun...I did it for the poison quest and kept getting the poison sword and reselling it. Now I am messing around with the online shop.

people so how do you do the glitch again?

i hve completed the quest needed for the blessed ring already...does that mean i cant go back? i have 5 unfinished quests now and i cant see my old quests when i talk to wind, so i cant press A twice or what ever is needed

what am i doing wrong?

When you talk to Wind, the menu shows up, hit "A", he says let me give you something, hit "A" again and it will chim letting youk now you got the item. Now hit start instead of "A". It is a great glitch to get money. Who needs an Action Replay? :D

fuck... I'm like 9% off from getting 888%, and I have no clue where on any of the maps to get the last 9%, since it's all in secret areas.

This blows!!

[quote name='Kendal']When you talk to Wind, the menu shows up, hit "A", he says let me give you something, hit "A" again and it will chim letting youk now you got the item. Now hit start instead of "A". It is a great glitch to get money. Who needs an Action Replay? :D[/QUOTE]

ok...so what if all he says is "Your back?"

ive completed that quest ages ago...that means i cant use the glitch for the blessed ring again right?

[quote name='UndyingForce']ok...so what if all he says is "Your back?"

ive completed that quest ages ago...that means i cant use the glitch for the blessed ring again right?[/QUOTE]

once you get the item thats it, you have to do it the first time you get the item

how do i get up what seems to be an elevator shaft in draculas castle by the time clocks?

also where can i obtain the relic to get in tight spaces?

where the hell is the butcher and the room with all the dam ghosts...im having trouble with some quests

Help!

[quote name='Roufuss']Is anyone else having problems with the game freezing? Mine has froze twice already, and alot of people at GameFAQ's are bitching about it too.[/QUOTE]
I just had my game freeze up a little while ago.

I got the Vampire Killer. It's good I think... didn't really have a chance to use it. I was at level 33 when I tried to get it.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yeah they need to go back to making these games moody. I want to feel like I am in a dank castle and not in a dank anime castle. Character designs are alright, they just need darker colors.

So I'm at the second boss now. Game seems to be going by at a much swifter pace. This is a good thing since I've been playing Megaman ZX before it. Does anyone really use the backdash?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Symphony of the Night was the best game partially because it was also really... gothic feeling. It just felt right in terms of atmosphere. Of course, it nailed everything else as well.

And you reminded me that I still have to play through Mega Man ZX sometime...

Just finished the main game today in about 8:30, with around 90% of everything done as well as 990% map. That's good enough for me, last boss was easy since
Five Legendary Heroes
does so much damage.

It was an awesome throwback, though.

I played around in some of the bonus modes, but I'll get to them one day, I'm just glad to have this one off my backlog for now.

And Megaman ZX is nowhere near the same caliber as this game... MMZX is if you took Castlevania and made it slow, sluggish, and threw in a retarded map system that makes no sense. I also give props to Portrait of Ruin for doing an AWESOME at job pulling off the quest system, something MMZX also failed at.

This game was quality, since I couldn't stop playing it until I beat it. I also mastered a ton of skills as well (though I never really used them... the final bosses are easy when you just summon Charlotte with her strongest weapon and just spam attack every boss).

For anyone stuck on any quests, GameFAQ's has one guide up for the quests that is really good.

But yea, any game I play through without touching anything else is a keeper... batteries died on the DS twice while I was playing this one through. Nest of Evil is incredibly badass, too.

[quote name='UndyingForce']how do i get up what seems to be an elevator shaft in draculas castle by the time clocks?

also where can i obtain the relic to get in tight spaces?

where the hell is the butcher and the room with all the dam ghosts...im having trouble with some quests

Help![/QUOTE]
You'll actually access it when you get to the top of the shaft, going around the clock-towery area with the Medusa heads (like every Castlevania). There will be two elevator cars -- one on top of each other.

The butcher is just the place where meat is hanging in the old village. I used a glove weapon to bust them; swords seemed to just swing them around.

The ghost room is I think in the northeast corner of the pyramid portrait. Just go in every room with ghosts and keep killing them till they either stop or until a huge ghost pops up. It's like how the zombies will eventually spawn a super zombie.

[quote name='Chacrana']I got the Vampire Killer. It's good I think... didn't really have a chance to use it. I was at level 33 when I tried to get it.[/QUOTE]
I'm confused; don't you START with the Vampire Killer already in your inventory? Do you mean trying to unlock its powers?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']one is the Clown, another is the nurse with needle[/QUOTE] Ah, yeah, the nurse. She's who I meant instead of Succubus. The chick who gives the Diamond is always around the clown. Any idea what the clown gives?

Wow... looking at some of the times it took you guys to finish, I must be some kind of Castlevania ace. Here's my final stats:

8:01:53
Level 48
Enemies: 98.03%
Items: 70.81%
Skills: 83.95%
Quests: 83.95%
Map: 990%

I stopped worrying about enemy drops near the end of the game because I was already pretty overpowered with Alucard's Spear and Charlotte's Chain Lightning. Nest of Evil was no problem, as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Last boss was easy since
Five Legendary Heroes
does so much damage.
[/QUOTE]

Is that a spell or weapon? I've been trying to beat the last boss with the Meteor spell, which works early but not too well later on.

EDIT: I finally beat the last boss. Stupid me missed the obvious weapon....."Vampire Killer" :)

I still have about 30% of the total map I need to explore before I unlock the Nest of Evil. I'll do that sometime soon. As you mentioned it's nice to have this off my backlog and I can start something else soon.

Great game. I do miss the Soul system though.

[quote name='asianxcore']Is that a spell or weapon? I've been trying to beat the last boss with the Meteor spell, which works early but not too well later on..[/QUOTE]
It's a team attack that you get from the Nest of Evil.

How much HP does Richter have?
The bestiary was not there yesterday...
All the bosses were easy for me...
except Richter.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']How much HP does Richter have?
The bestiary was not there yesterday...
All the bosses were easy for me...except Richter.[/QUOTE]
Tell me you didn't just spoil the whole damn thing. Tell me. Hell, I put a spoiler shield up when I was hypothesizing about the freaking whip.

I've been putting off finishing up because I want to get more drops, quests, and map sections.

I am so close to beating this game. But I need to study for my AC test tomorrow. Alternating Current sucks balls. This is my Game of the Year. Well damn close!

[quote name='ViolentLee']Tell me you didn't just spoil the whole damn thing. Tell me. Hell, I put a spoiler shield up when I was hypothesizing about the freaking whip.

I've been putting off finishing up because I want to get more drops, quests, and map sections.[/quote] Oh shi.. my heart just sank. I can't belive I f'd up so much. I'm really sorry.

I know sorry won't undo my fuck up but it took more guts to come back and apologize then to just say to hell with it. I really don't know what to say.

[quote name='Kendal']I am so close to beating this game. But I need to study for my AC test tomorrow. Alternating Current sucks balls. This is my Game of the Year. Well damn close![/quote]

This being the DS forum, I honestly thought you had an Animal Crossing test. I guess it's time to go to bed.

Whenever I shut the DS whilst playing this game it takes about 3 seconds for the sleep mode to kick in. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't do that with any of my other games, so is my copy of Castlevania defective?

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Whenever I shut the DS whilst playing this game it takes about 3 seconds for the sleep mode to kick in. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't do that with any of my other games, so is my copy of Castlevania defective?[/QUOTE]

Mine does this too.

//Why the hell does a Wedding Dress increase attack power? Oh you silly Castlevania.

Is this game worth picking up? I actually bought it, because a friend/employee at gamecrazy offered me one of the pre-order bonus packages if i bought it. Seeing the crazy ebay prices, I immediately sold the whole shebang for $100.

The game looks good, just haven't hardly touched Dawn of Sorrow from last year.. Tempted now, though.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']Oh shi.. my heart just sank. I can't belive I f'd up so much. I'm really sorry.

I know sorry won't undo my fuck up but it took more guts to come back and apologize then to just say to hell with it. I really don't know what to say.[/QUOTE]
It's the risk I take looking at a thread based on a game I haven't completed yet. No biggie.

[quote name='Ziv']This being the DS forum, I honestly thought you had an Animal Crossing test. I guess it's time to go to bed.[/quote]

I am going to MIAT-Michigan Institute of Animal Training. ;) Actually MI Inst. of Aviation and Technoloy. Nice name drop.

One of the most useful pick-ups in the game, and something I suggest every new player gets ASAP: Eye of Ruin, from the big, 3D eye dudes. With it on, breakable walls are highlighted on the screen. Of course, I got it when I was already at 99% with every map...

I am almost finished with this one and don't even want to finish it because it has been so good. I don't want it to be over! Up next is DoS since I just got that the other day.

Mmmm mmm.... that was motherfuckin' good. Finished the game with the good ending in 6 hours with like... 870% explored. Fantastic game all-around, but I do think that DoS was a bit better... I preferred the darker setting of that game. Still, if you have a DS, you'd be an idiot not to buy this.

PvP Quest help\/

I am looking for the Amninita or what ever it is. I am fighting moldy corpses but they aren't dropping them.

Please help!

Never mind, it took 103 kill before they dropped what I needed...bleh.

[quote name='Kendal']PvP Quest help\/

I am looking for the Amninita or what ever it is. I am fighting moldy corpses but they aren't dropping them.

Please help!

Never mind, it took 103 kill before they dropped what I needed...bleh.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of that quest, I accidentally sold my long sword -- right before I got my Aminita. Anyone know where I can find another one? I haven't noticed any monster dropping it. I must have found it someplace. Am I screwed?

[quote name='ViolentLee']Speaking of that quest, I accidentally sold my long sword -- right before I got my Aminita. Anyone know where I can find another one? I haven't noticed any monster dropping it. I must have found it someplace. Am I screwed?[/quote]

If you have been raping the money glitch, I can sell you mine. I am not sure how much it costs, but I am not sure what baddie drops the long sword. I also don't know how much it costs.

bread's done
Back