Catan and Centipede/Millipede this week

Hmmm, nice release. I cannot see how centipede will play with a controller. I had a cocktail arcade table with the roller ball controls. Still, nice to see two titles released.

Finally Catan! I've been waiting for this forever. Of course, right now I don't have much time to play since I'm moving soon. Oh well, at least it's finally out.

Now I can start waiting for Carcassonne.

Oh well, guess Its good I don't have to spend my MS Points, unless Catan turns out to be good since I've never played it before, I'll be skipping this week.

I hope this two-a-week thing keeps up though, they've been doing really good with releases since shitcanning Canessa and that other guy.

nice! Glad I'm getting (another) 360 this week in time for Catan.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I hope this two-a-week thing keeps up though, they've been doing really good with releases since shitcanning Canessa and that other guy.[/QUOTE]

It will keep up for a while. And it has nothing to do with Canessa being gone, it would have happened anyway.

I cannot see how centipede will play with a controller.

No substitute for the trackball, that's for sure. However, in terms of leaderboards and such, we're all at the same disadvantage, and I don't see it being a catastrophic, game-breaking control compromise.* Given that this is a two-pack, though, I'll be purchasing this Wednesday.

*--For those of us that aren't world-class anyway, at least.

Got a 1600 points card on the way (used to get free shipping on the ST:Legacy DOTD). Definitely will be getting Catan, though I've never played it. Carcassoine is great (made by the same people), and I can't wait for a game other than Uno to waste my time on.

Is Catan the exact same thing as the Settlers of Catan the boardgame? I know they've made multiple versions of the board game...

While I didn't plan on picking up Catan, the generous demo is rather enticing.

Is Carcassoine very different to Catan, and as such, worth holding out for over and above Catan? I'd never played either board game, and I'm curious.

Catan sounds great and I'm looking forward to playing the demo, but my question would be: how long does a usual game take? It's a rarity that I have 2 hours to spend at once in front of the TV.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Catan sounds great and I'm looking forward to playing the demo, but my question would be: how long does a usual game take? It's a rarity that I have 2 hours to spend at once in front of the TV.[/QUOTE]

Devs said in an interview yesterday 30 mins, down from 60+ for the board game since all the score tallying takes a lot of time in the board game that the Xbox does for you.

Catan is coming out on a bad week for me, after getting a bunch of games at the B2G1 Gamestop sale.

Still, this will likely get downloaded and possibly purchased. It looks really interesting.

Centipede/Millipede, I know it's a classic, but it's a game that never really stuck with me. I think I'll pass, but it's great for those that love the game.

Catan is somewhat hard to get into, well at least for me. It's definitely not a game to play on short bursts either.

is it me or is there no demo for this? i dont see the demo on the marketplace. only the full game download.

[quote name='Wez455']is it me or is there no demo for this? i dont see the demo on the marketplace. only the full game download.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I'm really interested in this but an 800 point blind buy is a little much.

[quote name='Wez455']is it me or is there no demo for this? i dont see the demo on the marketplace. only the full game download.[/QUOTE]

They must've pulled it because it was there. I even unlocked an achievement while playing the trail version which or course prompted me to buy the full version so that I could get the points. But yeah it was definitely there before.

[quote name='CAG 79']They must've pulled it because it was there. I even unlocked an achievement while playing the trail version which or course prompted me to buy the full version so that I could get the points. But yeah it was definitely there before.[/QUOTE]

fucking 3d Ultra minigolf did the same thing to me and now I hate the game.

Woah. I never played the board game, but Catan blew me away with it's goodness.
I'd love to see more turn-based strategy on XBL. The genre works well with it.

Now if I could just get to that parallel dimension where they release Advance Wars for Live.

Did any of you ever play Cosmic Encounter? That would make for a fun game on XBLM. They already have an online version: http://cosmicencounter.com/screens/home.html

pic174125_md.jpg

[quote name='Narbotic']Woah. I never played the board game, but Catan blew me away with it's goodness.
I'd love to see more turn-based strategy on XBL. The genre works well with it.
[/QUOTE]
I'd love to see more on consoles in general. It's seriously lacking genre. Turn-based western-style RPGs, too. I don't care for JPRGs at all.

[quote name='Sporadic']Same here.

I'm really interested in this but an 800 point blind buy is a little much.[/QUOTE]

I'm really interested in this game, but I need to play a demo before I buy. I hope they manage to get one up soon.

Wonder why the Catan demo pull. I have to say I really loved the Centipede / Millipede remake. I bought it right away after trying it out. Hope a Catan demo ges up soon, I really want to try it as it sounds right up my alley.

Yeah this is pretty fun!

The Centipede/Millipede game is also really awesome. There is NO reason why they couldn't have done this with Pac Man/Mrs Pac Man :(

All classic games should be 400 points, and be packed in with the original + an updated version.
On that note, I really hope we see a Space Invaders hit XBLA with both original and updated :)

And Catan is fun. I kinda suck at it, but I'm getting the hang of it. Very nice chill game. :)

More board games, please!

I love classic games and especially Centipede/Millipede but I have to say this version sucks. You just can't have Centipede without velocity (acceleration) control. It's not the same gameplay at all. I can't believe they didn't at least make it so the movement accelerated the further you push the analog stick. I checked and there is no option for this.

Looks like these kinds of games are going to have to happen on the Wii, the remote pointer would work a hell of a lot better. Computer mouse also works well so if you want to play these games I would stick with PC/Mac versions.

bread's done
Back