CC 50% off 4 Newer PS3 games YMMV

Bubbakja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Taken from sd
Okay - please read this carefully.

In the 12/09 CC AD... They have following listed for $59.99 (regular price) but in the store sign display it says they are 50% off. BE WARNED, As soon as I purchased my games they removed the sign.

HEAVENLY SWORD PS3
STRANGLEHOLD PS3
UNCHARTED PS3
TIME SHIFT PS3

You MUST find the sign in the store for this to work. The sign is usually in a standee near the gaming section. The sign says above the image 50% off these PS2 games. But the pictures shown with a BIG "SAVE 50%" is in the middle of the 4 PS3 games listed above.

They have to do the correction at the register. I am assuming this mistake is country wide because I don't think each store makes its own art.

GOOD LUCK... Post if you have success...

There is someone on SD who said they saw it in lincon, nb. I am gonna head out and see if I can score uncharted.

[quote name='strdr4']ugh, CC. I say don't bother.[/quote]

Consider the glitches they've been having, like the $20 4gb memory stick last week. It's certainly YMMV, but it's also certainly worth a shot.

I definitely wouldn't bother either. I went to CC yesterday to pick up a copy of COD4 for the 360 ($40) bucks and asked a few associates where they were.

Three of them told me they were sold out and one told me "If we have any left they're behind the register."

During my wait in line, the CC employees were just acting in such an unprofessional manner. The b*tch working at the register found my copy of COD4 and pretty much heaves it onto the counter and gives a big sigh, as if her walk back and forth was a journey.

However, 50% off is tempting...but probably still not worth another trip.

[quote name='strongpimphand']what does YMMV means?[/quote]

Learn to Google.

It means your mileage may vary, and in forum speak, your results, in snagging the deal, will vary.

[quote name='strongpimphand']what does YMMV means?[/quote]

your mileage may vary.

In other words, the chances on getting this vary from store to store, and it isn't a guaranteed deal and the mileage you have to travel in order to get in on it varries.

[quote name='robhimself']I definitely wouldn't bother either. I went to CC yesterday to pick up a copy of COD4 for the 360 ($40) bucks and asked a few associates where they were.

Three of them told me they were sold out and one told me "If we have any left they're behind the register."

During my wait in line, the CC employees were just acting in such an unprofessional manner. The b*tch working at the register found my copy of COD4 and pretty much heaves it onto the counter and gives a big sigh, as if her walk back and forth was a journey.

However, 50% off is tempting...but probably still not worth another trip.[/quote]

she was proabably and old fat woman who is upset w/ her life because shes 40 and still working at CC.....

no offense to woman in general, only to CC who sucks so royally

[quote name='robhimself']I definitely wouldn't bother either. I went to CC yesterday to pick up a copy of COD4 for the 360 ($40) bucks and asked a few associates where they were.

However, 50% off is tempting...but probably still not worth another trip.[/QUOTE]

wow, we must shop at the same CC!

only part is, even at 50% off, it's definitely not worth it for me to go back to CC.

This is their way of getting people into stores. Give a false advertisement and let people try to take their chances trying to get the deals. If the signs are still up then those games will be magically OOS by today.

Possibly great deals. At first I wasn't even going to bother trying but I'm going to pick up FFT at BB which is pretty close to the CC. So hopefully they have uncharted for $30.

However, 50% off is tempting...but probably still not worth another trip.[/quote]

I went through something similar yesterday, except was told they were completely OOS of COD4. The guy went up to the computer that another associate was using and asked him to make sure they had no COD4 left in stock. Instead of checking the actual inventory, he went to the website and looked it up there, and it showed not available in any local stores.

Being Saturday, it is believable they were OOS, but still, we all know how unreliable the website is for checking videogame stock in-store. HE could have taken an extra minute and at least checked the actual inventory, but hell, whatever. That store sucks anyways.

Thanks OP just got back form CC. Yeah this was another horrible experience but they had the sign up hanging right in front of the PS3 games. So I grabbed Uncharted which was the only 1 of the 4 remaining and head up to the front counter. She rang it up and 63 and change was my total. I told her that there was a sign saying 50% off and she said show me. We walked back over there and she said these are olny for Ps2 games. I said they didn't make these for the PS2 and then compared pictures. She ripped the sign off the rack and stormed back over to the register. The mgr was standing there and she said "who printed this shit out". the mgr said well it's advertised so we have to give it to him.
She was so mad she was turning red. One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I think she was the asst. mgr
so thanks

I was just at CC. I saw this sign as well, when I was picking up Okami, I was wondering about this. Will have to go back in try. I thought they would give me a BS excuse and I did not want to hear it tonight.

trying this tomorrow as well. Hoping to pick up an Uncharted and Timeshift. I need to pick up a God Hand for PS2 anyway so it's worth checking out.

[quote name='royalbliss1'] she said "who printed this shit out"[/QUOTE]

Just the thought of that happening made me lol:lol:

[quote name='kobeisgod']No sign up in CC in point loma, san diego.[/quote]

a guy from SD forum said
no go at
1) clairemont
2) rosecrans(took down the sign when he bought the games)

just to save some diegans some gas

^^Yup meant rosecrans when I said point loma. I shouldn't have waited until after the chargers game to head over there. Good thing they won or I would be really upset.

not worth the hassle considering some nightmare stories people have been posting in CAG. unless the sales are 100% guaranteed, i'm avoiding CC these days

Is there any store that has more price glitches than CC as of late? If so, someone so kindly point me in their direction. lol

I'm going to try to get Uncharted for 50% off as well, will update when I go through this episode of "Will CC honor their signage"?

Was too lazy to try arguing for it, was there to find either Okami or some other things.

Not worth going to CC. My local store has *really* gone down hill in recent years. Appearance is barely acceptable, but the lack of customer service and knowledge on their end really detracts from the experience.

Best Buy at least has more people and a better setting.

[quote name='ravenfury']The 50% off sign is up in the Westbury NY Circuit City Store.
The guy wouldn't give Uncharted to me for 50% off.[/quote]

So why didn't you raise hell about not honoring their signs?

If the sign says 50% off, you get 50% off.

[quote name='Patman30096']I'm going to try to get Uncharted for 50% off as well, will update when I go through this episode of "Will CC honor their signage"?[/quote]

They took the sign down, so no leverage to argue with CC. Did spot Okami in the PS2 bin, but I don't have a PS2, so I left it.

[quote name='MPCanes']Sign up at the Boynton Beach, FL Circuit City.

Was too lazy to try arguing for it, was there to find either Okami or some other things.[/quote]

wow, i'm tempted to try there.

[quote name='royalbliss1']The mgr was standing there and she said "who printed this shit out". the mgr said well it's advertised so we have to give it to him.[/quote]

Haha, must've been funny hearing that from a manager. Actually hearing that from anyone is pretty funny.

Good stuff on getting people at CC pissed and embarassed.

I ended up getting Time Shift and Uncharted from them. It was pretty straight forward, I pointed at the sign and Wah-lahh. I would recommend it as if you want you can purchase 3 of those or whatever equaling 100 dollars and use a 15 off/100 coupon. (Coupon was right next to the register just grab one and tell them you want to use it)

It worked for me. Good Luckl!

Picked up Uncharted today in Valley Forge PA... I noticed they had 2 displays up; the one next to the games had the flyer missing but the one nearer to the entrance had it still in.

Didn't see any 15/100 coupons though.

Wow, that was the exact opposite of my experience. The cute girl behind the customer service counter said they were out of stock, but she could write me a raincheck. Good for 30 days. I'll just pick it this week sometime when they get it back in stock.

50off1xx7.jpg

Love,

billg

[quote name='janizzzle']went to CC huh? =][/QUOTE]

To take advantage of an obvious price mistake? How could I not? Christmas presents for myself and others at a bargain discount.

They took the flyer down after I bought the games though. :(

Thanks OP! Nabbed a copy of Uncharted for $25+tax (apparently, the manager can't do math!). Will definitely make Christmas a lot sweeter. They took down the sign though, so to any CAGs that haven't checked (YMMV for sure, a smaller CC near me didn't), time is running very short before corporate notices and sends a memo out (or CAGs will have beaten ya to the punch.)

I went to Wellington & Boca Raton today. Neither had signs up for this deal. I saw similar signs up for Nintendo DS, DVDs and other things. I'm sure this is my fault for not going yesterday, but what can you do.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']So why didn't you raise hell about not honoring their signs?

If the sign says 50% off, you get 50% off.[/quote]
Meh, they could have giant "free" signs and still make you pay $60.

bread's done
Back