CC B&M - Guitar Hero 2 + 1600 points card marked at $59 - huge YMMV

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!
I'm going to guess this is YMMV big time but....

Went to price match the Guitar Hero 2 I picked up on Sunday for the points card. (was asked to do that when I picked it up). When I went to get the card I noticed that the price card listed the "Guitar Hero II wired controller and game" at $59.99. The lady at the counter called back when I asked about matching the price and the product numbers matched. Her reply was "that's odd that we have it cheaper in the ad but those are the cards corperate has us print out. Must be an ad misprint."

She was real nice about it and gave me my 1600 point match from Sunday and a $31 credit from my price of $89 on Sunday. Ended up getting The game + 1600 points card for $59 + tax.

This is the CC in Norwood, Ohio.

So wait, you got GH2 with the guitar for $59 and a free card or was it a discount or what? I'm not quite following this.

[quote name='phoenix6666']So wait, you got GH2 with the guitar for $59 and a free card or was it a discount or what? I'm not quite following this.[/quote]
He said they had it marked as $59.99 on the shelf and honored the price rather than charging $89.99 like it's supposed to be. The free points card is their current promotion when you buy Guitar Hero this week.

Lucky find OP. :applause:

[quote name='phoenix6666']So wait, you got GH2 with the guitar for $59 and a free card or was it a discount or what? I'm not quite following this.[/QUOTE]

Basically I got GH2 on Sunday when CC's website posted it in stock too early. They gave it to me then but I had to price match for the 1600 points card today. It was when I went in to get the card that I found the wrong price on the display and got that price matched too.

I think CC is going to hate this game after the problems they have had with it.

[quote name='wolfhunt']Basically I got GH2 on Sunday when CC's website posted it in stock too early. They gave it to me then but I had to price match for the 1600 points card today. It was when I went in to get the card that I found the wrong price on the display and got that price matched too.

I think CC is going to hate this game after the problems they have had with it.[/quote]
I agree with your assessment. I've talked to at least 2 "EbStop" employees who reported Circuit City for selling GHII early (after purchasing their copies from CC).:roll:

[quote name='jgressley']I agree with your assessment. I've talked to at least 2 "EbStop" employees who reported Circuit City for selling GHII early (after purchasing their copies from CC).:roll:[/quote]
The only thing worse than the EbStop corporation is their snitty know it all employees that are only a step above scooping fries.

I just stopped by one of my local CC's. THey had 3 GHII's on top of the display case but no shelf stickers to be found anywhere for the 360 version. I'm going by another store in about an hour so will see if they have them mismarked there.

[quote name='lawdood']I just stopped by one of my local CC's. THey had 3 GHII's on top of the display case but no shelf stickers to be found anywhere for the 360 version. I'm going by another store in about an hour so will see if they have them mismarked there.[/quote]

why didnt you price check?

I just picked up my copy at CC on my lunch break and had to pay full price. How dare they!

Nice find OP, too bad the rest of us don't seem to have the same kind of luck :)

[quote name='swetooth9']why didnt you price check?[/quote]
There was no one around and I was in a hurry to get back to work. Even when there are people around, it's like pulling teeth trying to get some help. My guess anyway is it's ringing up correct, CC just apparently (at at least one store) has some incorrect shelf tags.

[quote name='swetooth9']woah...is this price at stores for anyone else too?

you sure it wasnt the price tag for just the game sans-guitar?[/QUOTE]

Yea, the card said "Guitar Hero II wired controller and game". I've sent two friends here in and they were able to get it also. I thought since it was one of their price cards that they print out that this might be a chain wide goof. I found the card on the display in my store.

Hope some other CAGs manage to get this to work.

Do not checkout Cashier Register or Customer Service section for $15 off $100 coupon Flyer. You endup get 2nd game for FREE :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not checkout Cashier Register or Customer Service section for $15 off $100 coupon Flyer. You endup get 2nd game for FREE :)[/quote]

...what?

[quote name='trax']I just picked up my copy at CC on my lunch break and had to pay full price. How dare they!

Nice find OP, too bad the rest of us don't seem to have the same kind of luck :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think you got lucky OP.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not checkout Cashier Register or Customer Service section for $15 off $100 coupon Flyer. You endup get 2nd game for FREE :)[/quote]

YEA! Wait huh? :lol:

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not checkout Cashier Register or Customer Service section for $15 off $100 coupon Flyer. You endup get 2nd game for FREE :)[/QUOTE]

I'll triple that....HUH? What?

RegalSin, is that you?

[quote name='Masterkyo']Do not checkout Cashier Register or Customer Service section for $15 off $100 coupon Flyer. You endup get 2nd game for FREE :)[/QUOTE]

Wow! CAG's we should all be honored that one of the writer/translators from Zero Wing has come out of hiding.... "All your base are belong to us". Could you speak English instead of Engrish so we can understand you, thanks.

after an hour of staring and deciphering (not really), i'm guessing he meant to say "dont forget to check the Cashier Register or Customer Service section for the $15 off $100 coupon; if you do so, and pick up a cheap game, you endup getting the second game pretty much free"

i THINK that's what he means..not sure

Full price at my CC (and no coupons.) Got it anyways; now Shivering Isles will be much cheaper with the free points card!

No price tag/placard anywhere at Rockville, MD; picked up GH2, points, and Tony Hawk's Sk8land DS for $90.54 after tax. I want that stuff so much more than a guitar bag.

How bout a scan of the receipt?

I picked up GH2 and 2 1600 xbox live marketplace point cards for $102 with NY sales tax at CC after the $15 off a $100 purchase coupon.

CC may have it at this price so that they can ring it out with the "free" 1600 MS points card they're giving away.

$59.99 (GH2 360 bundle) + $19.99 (1600 MS points card) = $79.98 (normal GH2 bundle price)

They should have done another "bundle" in their register system which would have auto-added a 1600 points card for $0.01.

They did this a couple weeks ago with the "buy Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and get Titan Quest for $4.99", as when they run up TQ: IT, it came up with two possible items to add, TQ: IT on its own and TQ:IT w/$4.99 TQ (which they had to manually change down to $4.99 :roll: ).

I think anyone who buys 1600 marketplace points as a filler to get to $100 is a dick. You can get like 100 different games below retail, and CCs everywhere are running out of the points cards to pair with GH2.

[quote name='cleaver']I think anyone who buys 1600 marketplace points as a filler to get to $100 is a dick. You can get like 100 different games below retail, and CCs everywhere are running out of the points cards to pair with GH2.[/QUOTE]

i got VC points instead :D

[quote name='shrike4242']CC may have it at this price so that they can ring it out with the "free" 1600 MS points card they're giving away.

$59.99 (GH2 360 bundle) + $19.99 (1600 MS points card) = $79.98 (normal GH2 bundle price)

They should have done another "bundle" in their register system which would have auto-added a 1600 points card for $0.01.

They did this a couple weeks ago with the "buy Titan Quest: Immortal Throne and get Titan Quest for $4.99", as when they run up TQ: IT, it came up with two possible items to add, TQ: IT on its own and TQ:IT w/$4.99 TQ (which they had to manually change down to $4.99 :roll: ).[/quote]

Normal GH2 bundle price isn't $79.98 though. Unless you're referring to the PS2 version.

[quote name='Jonathan360']Normal GH2 bundle price isn't $79.98 though. Unless you're referring to the PS2 version.[/quote]I am referring to the PS2 version, mainly because I think someone at CC was asleep at the switch when they priced it.

The 360 version should have been $89.99, so the $59.99 price doesn't make a lot of sense with a 1600 point card "added" in, unless they were thinking of the PS2 bundle price.

I was thinking along the lines of a clueless cashier trying to ring up the PS2 version. I'm glad someone was able to provide some insight on that. Oh well, at least it's pretty clear this isn't really a "deal". Congrats OP on your price mistake, though.

[quote name='cleaver']I think anyone who buys 1600 marketplace points as a filler to get to $100 is a dick. You can get like 100 different games below retail, and CCs everywhere are running out of the points cards to pair with GH2.[/quote]

That doesn't make sense. If it's in the store and qualifies for that deal, it's fair game. I personally would find more use with a points card than some crap $20 title I may not even want.

[quote name='thebob101']RegalSin, is that you?[/QUOTE]
Masterkyo was butchering the English language long before regalsin was here.

I think i know what happened. They must have their skews or something messed up and are giving the bundles away at the price for the guitar controller. The extra controller is listed at 59.99 and that seems to be what he received the bundle at. Its YMMV because only certain stores have messed up. The 1600 points is a promotion with the bundle.

-joseph

I love CC fuckups.. anybody else remember the infamous B1G1 greatest hits glitch, the PC games glitch, etc? It may be YMMV, but most certainly a possibility.

[quote name='wdwpsu']The only thing worse than the EbStop corporation is their snitty know it all employees that are only a step above scooping fries.[/quote]

a little off topic, but i remember talking to an ebstop employee a few months ago who told me that managers of stores actually RECEIVE COMPENSATION from the particular game's publisher for reporting retailers who break street date.

they get paid to be snitches!

[quote name='Skylander7']I love CC fuckups.. anybody else remember the infamous B1G1 greatest hits glitch, the PC games glitch, etc? It may be YMMV, but most certainly a possibility.[/QUOTE]

That B1G1 glitch was great. not the glitch itself but the clerk that was ringing up my games knew about the glitch, but he still had to honor them since it was ringing up like that. no override corrections or anything. great customer service

[quote name='projectionist']a little off topic, but i remember talking to an ebstop employee a few months ago who told me that managers of stores actually RECEIVE COMPENSATION from the particular game's publisher for reporting retailers who break street date.

they get paid to be snitches![/quote]

Umm.... no we don't.

Tried the CC in Lewisville, TX (outside Dallas), no luck. Their was one bundle left, no 1600 pt cards, and the card by the bundle said $89.99. :(

bread's done
Back