Chaos Wars $9.99 New @ GameStop

Reiniku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
a friend of mine from high school who manages a local gamestop put on aside for me :)

at $10 I'll buy it for the gameplay (incredibly bad localization job though)

edit: lol that video reminds me I believe I read that some of the voice actors were the publisher's CEO's friends and family

[quote name='deangrazy']This is such a nice deal, A huge drop in price compared to other retaliers.[/QUOTE]

Other retailers? It isn't a Gamestop exclusive?

[quote name='buckythekat']
at $10 I'll buy it for the gameplay (incredibly bad localization job though)
[/QUOTE]

Is the gameplay supposed to be any good? I can always just laugh through the bad localization if its worth playing otherwise.

Just got back from GS, picked up 2 copies. 1 sealed as a gift for Xmas and another New but opened. If anyone wants the opened one just PM me. It cost me $10.61..you can have it for $13.00 shipped...

gone....

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up the last copies of

Trioncube ds game 4.99 new
and
this game

The back has to be a mistake

8MB to save a game that means it takes the entire memory card ??

Keep in mind you can change to the original Japanese voice acting in the options. So if horrifically bad yet amusing dubs aren't your thing there is that option. It's worth it for this price if you like TRPGs.

I'm a pretty big SRPG fan so I had to have it at some point. Mine was a gutted copy but like I've mentioned before, that sort of thing doesn't but me like everyone else (except for when the game has been checked out and treated poorly).

That was hilarious. I've never heard of this game and now I'm tempted by the absolutely HORRIBLE voice acting. Seriously.

Thanks OP. Time to pick this up and add it to the pile of PS2 SRPGs that I will never get around to playing.

I almost bought CW used at $34.99 during several past B2G1 sales. My patience has finally paid off.

Yeah seriously, that's gotta be THE worst voice acting I've ever heard. Sounds like they're all really high, trying to act out a soap opera.

Win.

WOW that is horrible, really. I read the posts and I thought "it can't be THAT bad" - but it is. There aren't words....

Good stuff OP. Picked up the last one at one of the local Gamestops. I remember being curious about it because of the Shadow Hearts connection, but limited reviews, GS exclusivity, and my strong preference for good English VA made it slip from mind. Using jp voices is a nice option that I often use, but I only pay good money for such localized titles if it has well-produced and well-acted English VA. Same with anime.

For $10 though I can certainly overlook the imperfections as an srpg fan and to see what they did with the SH and Gungrave characters.

[quote name='Reiniku']I dropped by my local GameStop today to find that the "new" copy of Chaos Wars on the shelf was marked down to $9.99 as of 10-21-09.

As far as I can see a ton of places still have the game and the used price is at $22.99. Price is reflected on the website:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=67162

I just wanted everyone to know what they're getting into at $10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg[/QUOTE]

Is it worth paying $10 to see someone rape my precious Shadow Hearts?

Just started it up, English for now just for the hell of it. Despite obviously not being pros they are at least trying is all I can say. Aside from it also being odd in that they largely sound like native American speakers but then one guy said "Some on Gate" for "Summon Gate". How do you mess that one up?! Hah.

I should also note that I deliberately avoided the YT videos to be surprised/horrified when the SH or Gungrave characters show up and I hear their voices. I'm especially looking forward to how badly Gungrave turns out, since the Gungrave anime dub was so professional. If I don't switch the whole thing to jp va...or off...before then...

Otherwise, colorful little srpg with the circular range of movement like in the first PS2 Arce the Lad. Only did the first stage.

Of note, the save is 250 kb on the PS2 mem card since the game package itself fails to note any space requirement.

holy hell. I thought that would be some kind of fan dub made for humor for a DS game. But it's a PS2 game. And apparently that dub is real.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Developer: "Well, I'm glad we got the localization done and we're ready to publish."
Publisher: "You need an english language track."
Developer: "But we didn't budget for that. We have ZERO money left."

I bought the only sealed copy in my area, but it seemed reshrunkwrapped-- is it supposed to have Y-seals? Also, it seemed like the coverart is CRAPPY. Like the screenshots are slightly poor and there's a slight bleached out look to it.

Wow, if there was one of these anywhere near me I would pick it up just for the voice acting. Any barely literate person could do as well as they did. Nonstop laugh riot.

[quote name='Phokis']holy hell. I thought that would be some kind of fan dub made for humor for a DS game. But it's a PS2 game. And apparently that dub is real.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

Developer: "Well, I'm glad we got the localization done and we're ready to publish."
Publisher: "You need an english language track."
Developer: "But we didn't budget for that. We have ZERO money left."[/QUOTE]

The guy who localized it used his family members. There's a link to an article about it on the first page. :D

Wow, one of the voice actors name is Quest. I'm guessing he is the most epic person anyone has ever met.
I'm thinking it is this guy. (I pulled this off of an old "daily haha" for those who think it seems familiar)
awesome-random-tue-13.jpg

[quote name='InFlames215']OMG, that is the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a video game.[/QUOTE]
Can it be as bad as Disaster Report?

Buying it tomorrow, assuming I can find it sealed. And the assholes at GS don't make fun of me for wanting a sealed one, like when I was trying to find a sealed Dark Spire. fuckaz.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Damn, and I bought this for $40 when it first came out!

... and it's still sealed in my closet![/QUOTE]

I nearly bought it when it came out. I had the case in my hand at GS, but then I thought better of it. I guess I made the right decision! :lol:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Damn, and I bought this for $40 when it first came out!

... and it's still sealed in my closet![/QUOTE]
Does yours have Y-Folds or a crappy shrinkwrap on it?

bread's done
Back